What Did You Watch? 2017-08-11 (Friday)
2017-08-12 09:23:37 UTC

DARK MATTER:
"The Dwarf Star Conspiracy". One of the Android's newly discovered
memories leads the crew to a suspicious Dwarf Star facility on Nova 17.

icebreaker
2017-08-12 18:37:34 UTC
Killjoys (syfy) -- While Dutch and New Girl Zeph have disappeared to
figure out what's on Aneela's mind, D'avin is left to keep together
the coalition to fight the Hullen. Complicating matters is that the
first attempt to fly the Hullen fighter ships ends in disaster killing
a couple of Turin's recruits. D'avin recruits The Cleansed since it
apparently takes Hullen to fly them. Turin, being the asshole, has The
Cleansed arrested. D'avin grows a pair and becomes the de facto leader
after the other factions stand behind him. Turin is detained. Zeph has
set up security so that John cannot use Lucy to tell him where Dutch
is. He delights in overcoming Zeph's tricks. Lots of backstory in this
one as to how Dutch and Aneela are linked, Dutch's first meet up with
John, why Aneela is the way she is.

Dark Matter (syfy) -- One of the recovered memories of Android sends
the crew to Nova 17 where they find thousands of simulants
(manufactured humans) in cocooned stasis plus some kind of portal
thingy that bodes ill. Some battle cruiser FTLs its way there as well.
Three is having nightmares over the black cloudy thingies from the
past. The battlecruiser is going to destroy the simulants after
keeping a few for experimentation. The Crew objects seeing them as
humans. It soon becomes apparent the simulants were programmed to do
ill (programmed by that douche Will Wheaton I think) as one of the
battlecruiser crew is one of them. Soon 3 or 4 more are on the loose
and most of the battlecruiser crew on the planet are killed. As all
are ordered off the planet, Two and the civilian in command are
trapped by the black cloud things. Right before he suicides with a
bullet to the brain, the civilian commander orders a nuclear strike on
the pod center. The Good Guys try to get the cruiser to disarm the
missile and failing that, try to shot it down, but their missile is
intercepted by the another cruiser missile. Just before the missile
explodes, Two disappears. When she awakens she's on another FTL ship
with Other Three. OK someone or something has to be a rat fink on the
crew for all these people to be able to locate the Good Guys. The
Android is now boob obsessed.

Wynonna Earp (syfy) -- Haught gets bitten by one of the Black Widows
and is dying when the Widow thinks Haught has the 3rd Seal. The Other
Widow later tells Waverly she has an antedote for the poison and
she'll give it to Waverly if she gives her the 3rd Seal. Waverly makes
a dark bargain with a Dark Witch to help her find the antedote in
exchange for anything the witch desires. She leads Waverly to the ring
hidden in the Sheriff's cup. Meanwhile, a cure is being worked on and
both Rosita and Dolls are being subjected to immense pain to test the
serums. They are successful but Waverly has already obtained the
antedote. The Widow now goes to open the gates. The Dark Witch then
exacts her revenge by disappearing Wynonna and putting Doc back in the
well. We do learn Haught already has a wife and the Sheriff can
withstand much torture. Wynonna, after learning Rosita is a revenant,
promises to kill her last.

---
http://www.avg.com
Ubiquitous
2017-08-13 09:30:42 UTC
Post by icebreaker
[...]
I am enjoying this show.
2017-08-14 02:30:30 UTC
Post by icebreaker
[...]
So am I. The stories are good, the cast is great, and each episode
looks like it cost ten million dollars.

Speaking of budgets, I'm kind of amused by how many fights go on out of
sight, behind closed doors, with one or two of the main characters
listening to the gunfire and screaming until the door opens and the
surviving characters enter the scene.
Ian J. Ball
2017-08-14 02:39:57 UTC
Post by icebreaker
[...]
Yeah, I am too - once they got Six back on the team, and shoved Four/Ishida way in the background, it started seeming more like the season #1 version of the show again over the last several episodes.

I really hope Ishida is either dead, or "memory-wiped" back to Four, before this season is over - either way, Ishida has got to go...
David Barnett
2017-08-12 21:18:44 UTC
On Fri Aug 11 I watched:

SUITS: Brooklyn Housing
Negative comments re this show, but I like it,
I've already explained why I watch it, & my family watches it.

HOMELAND: The Man in the Basement 6x2
When this was originally aired I forgot to use the "Series Link"
and so only got 6x1.
I'm thankful for the re-airing by a cable Channel.

LUCIFER: Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil.
Again thankful for the re-airing.
I found I had completely missed Season 1
when I accidentally found Season 2 was airing.
David Barnett
anim8rfsk
2017-08-12 23:28:15 UTC
Post by David Barnett
SUITS: Brooklyn Housing
Negative comments re this show, but I like it,
I've already explained why I watch it, & my family watches it.
HOMELAND: The Man in the Basement 6x2
When this was originally aired I forgot to use the "Series Link"
and so only got 6x1.
I'm thankful for the re-airing by a cable Channel.
LUCIFER: Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil.
Again thankful for the re-airing.
I found I had completely missed Season 1
when I accidentally found Season 2 was airing.
But what are you eating? :D
David Barnett
2017-08-14 00:43:56 UTC
Post by David Barnett
SUITS: Brooklyn Housing
Negative comments re this show, but I like it,
I've already explained why I watch it, & my family watches it.
HOMELAND: The Man in the Basement 6x2
When this was originally aired I forgot to use the "Series Link"
and so only got 6x1.
I'm thankful for the re-airing by a cable Channel.
LUCIFER: Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil.
Again thankful for the re-airing.
I found I had completely missed Season 1
when I accidentally found Season 2 was airing.
But what are you eating? :D
Not seasoning!
I may have been on a cruise when Season 1 was airing.
I didn't see any promotions for it.
David Barnett
Ubiquitous
2017-08-14 11:50:40 UTC
DARK MATTER / The Dwarf Star Conspiracy / 3x11
[One of the Android's newly discovered memories leads the crew to a
suspicious Dwarf Star facility on Nova 17.]
INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS meets STARGATE. At a Dwarf Star facility
on a planet, our heroes find a boatload of "biosynthetic organisms"
("simulants") like Two that have been built by WesleyCrusherRook, each
with its own false identity records and indications that they've been
designed to infiltrate human groups. Three has issues and is drawn to a
gateway/anomaly at the facility. He figures out that the simulants are
meant to serve as host bodies for the beings on the other side of the
gateway -- beings from a dying universe -- and that WesleyRook sold out
to those beings a long time ago for tech and money. Because Wesley
Crusher is a tool in any universe. In the end, a nuke strike is called
in to end a siege at the facility and Two ends up in an unusual FTL
situation that I won't understand until it's explained to me next week.
But at least she's not dead. Probably. All in all, I probably enjoyed
this one even more than The Android is enjoying her own boobs these days.
Wait, is Will hWeaton on this show? Is that why he looks familiar?
Jim G.
2017-08-14 20:01:16 UTC
2017-08-15 02:54:56 UTC
[...]
Yes and no. He's been on it in the past, but he only showed up here in
the Previously On bit at the beginning. He was mentioned later, but that
was all. I'm guessing that he didn't wow them with his acting prowess
the first time around, so they weren't in a hurry to have him back in
person.
Huh. I never noticed!
Jim G.
2017-08-15 02:12:09 UTC
2017-08-15 02:21:46 UTC
Jim G.
2017-08-15 04:08:39 UTC
2017-08-15 04:13:10 UTC
[...]
His name on this show is Alexander Rook. Sadly, if and when they get
around to killing him, it will probably be done offscreen.
We'd never get enough satisfaction from what they would show of an
on-screen death.
I'm not greedy. I wouldn't insist on an hourlong fire. Fifteen minutes
would be fine. Twenty tops.
Can't ever forgive him for saving Picard. But we can take it out on his
mother.
2017-08-15 12:55:32 UTC
[...]
Ha ha, he's not fond of the way they made Wesley a MarySue either.
Jim G.
2017-08-15 17:00:46 UTC
His name on this show is Alexander Rook. Sadly, if and when they get
around to killing him, it will probably be done offscreen.
We'd never get enough satisfaction from what they would show of an
on-screen death.
I'm not greedy. I wouldn't insist on an hourlong fire. Fifteen minutes
would be fine. Twenty tops.
Can't ever forgive him for saving Picard. But we can take it out on his
mother.
He's not a good actor and always seems to play the same sort of
unappealing (smarmy?) character these days, so I assume that this
unappealing aspect is innate to him and is what the people hiring him
are looking for.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
Ubiquitous
2017-08-15 12:54:30 UTC
[...]
Well, I had a session with my trainer earlier that day...