Payday chocolate bar ad. They used metric
2018-04-09 04:27:27 UTC
American ad for a chocolate, er, "candy" bar. They mentioned the sizes of the two bars. But in metric, centimeters. I wonder why? Because centimeters make larger numbers (2.54cm per inch) and it sounds better?
Darrel Knutson
2018-04-09 05:42:29 UTC
American ad for a chocolate, er, "candy" bar. They mentioned the sizes of
the two bars. But in metric, centimeters. I wonder why? Because
centimeters make larger numbers (2.54cm per inch) and it sounds better?

Probably because it makes tatal sense to everyone but those in the US of
A, Liberia and Burma.

And aren't you the one always harping about the high number of
"illegals" (undocumented aliens) in the US? They buy candy bars too.
RichA
The ad was American, for American sales, unless they're using it in other countries?
trotsky
It appeals to all the illegal aliens Trump has let pour into the country.
super70s
2018-04-09 10:44:51 UTC
American ad for a chocolate, er, "candy" bar. They mentioned the sizes of
the two bars. But in metric, centimeters. I wonder why? Because
centimeters make larger numbers (2.54cm per inch) and it sounds better?
Probably because it makes tatal sense to everyone but those in the US of
A, Liberia and Burma.
And aren't you the one always harping about the high number of
"illegals" (undocumented aliens) in the US? They buy candy bars too.
Wonder what his problem is with "candy bar" anyway, some weird Canadian
thing? It wouldn't even be accurate to describe a Payday as a "chocolate
bar" because it contains no chocolate.

Or maybe I'm missing something here and Payday is offering a new version
that's dipped in chocolate.
trotsky
Obviously Rich is a welfare case and has a problem with the name "Payday".
Obveeus
2018-04-09 12:41:37 UTC
Post by super70s
American ad for a chocolate, er, "candy" bar. They mentioned the sizes of
the two bars. But in metric, centimeters. I wonder why? Because
centimeters make larger numbers (2.54cm per inch) and it sounds better?
Probably because it makes tatal sense to everyone but those in the US of
A, Liberia and Burma.
And aren't you the one always harping about the high number of
"illegals" (undocumented aliens) in the US? They buy candy bars too.
Wonder what his problem is with "candy bar" anyway, some weird Canadian
thing? It wouldn't even be accurate to describe a Payday as a "chocolate
bar" because it contains no chocolate.
Or maybe I'm missing something here and Payday is offering a new version
that's dipped in chocolate.
No chocolate...just a truckload of Anim8r killing power:

anim8rfsk
2018-04-09 14:48:08 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by super70s
American ad for a chocolate, er, "candy" bar. They mentioned the sizes of
the two bars. But in metric, centimeters. I wonder why? Because
centimeters make larger numbers (2.54cm per inch) and it sounds better?
Probably because it makes tatal sense to everyone but those in the US of
A, Liberia and Burma.
And aren't you the one always harping about the high number of
"illegals" (undocumented aliens) in the US? They buy candy bars too.
Wonder what his problem is with "candy bar" anyway, some weird Canadian
thing? It wouldn't even be accurate to describe a Payday as a "chocolate
bar" because it contains no chocolate.
Or maybe I'm missing something here and Payday is offering a new version
that's dipped in chocolate.
http://youtu.be/vmXglmuj6cQ
:(
Obveeus
2018-04-09 14:59:07 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by super70s
American ad for a chocolate, er, "candy" bar. They mentioned the sizes of
the two bars. But in metric, centimeters. I wonder why? Because
centimeters make larger numbers (2.54cm per inch) and it sounds better?
Probably because it makes tatal sense to everyone but those in the US of
A, Liberia and Burma.
And aren't you the one always harping about the high number of
"illegals" (undocumented aliens) in the US? They buy candy bars too.
Wonder what his problem is with "candy bar" anyway, some weird Canadian
thing? It wouldn't even be accurate to describe a Payday as a "chocolate
bar" because it contains no chocolate.
Or maybe I'm missing something here and Payday is offering a new version
that's dipped in chocolate.
http://youtu.be/vmXglmuj6cQ
:(
I read this morning that allergies are caused (and/or made worse) by
baby wipes and experts are now recommending early/often exposure to peanuts:

https://www.ajc.com/news/world/food-allergies-may-linked-baby-wipes-study-says/mUM0mVStTA0iFEndaXYSfK/
anim8rfsk
2018-04-09 15:27:13 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
Post by super70s
[...]
The ones paid off by Chick fil A as part of their continuing scheme to
murder their customers, sure.
2018-04-09 12:45:06 UTC
Post by super70s
American ad for a chocolate, er, "candy" bar. They mentioned the sizes of
the two bars. But in metric, centimeters. I wonder why? Because
centimeters make larger numbers (2.54cm per inch) and it sounds better?
Probably because it makes tatal sense to everyone but those in the US of
A, Liberia and Burma.
And aren't you the one always harping about the high number of
"illegals" (undocumented aliens) in the US? They buy candy bars too.
Wonder what his problem is with "candy bar" anyway, some weird Canadian
thing? It wouldn't even be accurate to describe a Payday as a "chocolate
bar" because it contains no chocolate.
Or maybe I'm missing something here and Payday is offering a new version
that's dipped in chocolate.
I'm Canadian and "chocolate bar" is the default phrasing in this
country, just as we say "washroom" rather than "restroom" and any number
of other things differently than the folks in the US. Most of us can
"speak American" so if an American asks us for directions to the
restroom or where the nearest supply of candy bars is, we will typically
know what they mean, mentally translate to Canadian for ourselves, and
then help them out :-)

As for candy bars that are not chocolate, I'm having trouble thinking of
any of those. I'm not sure we have Paydays up here: I've never seen one.
Mind you, I rarely buy "candy bars" so maybe they are common. Smarties -
very similar to M&Ms - don't get called "chocolate bars": I think we'd
tend to call them candies if we were to give a generic term but
honestly, if I went into a store, I'd ask for them by name as in "Do you
carry Smarties?".

We ARE a separate country and have variations in our version of English
from that spoken in Britain and also the US version. We use British
spellings for most words - colour, doughnut, etc. - but not all of them.
For instance, we put "tires" on our cars, not "tyres", and we walk on
the "sidewalk" not the "pavement". We find car engines under the "hood",
not under the "bonnet" and we store our purchases in the "trunk" not the
"boot". But we refer to some car parts by the British terms, not the
American ones. (I've had repair manuals for many of my cars and
motorcycles and most of them have a handy listing of the American and
British terms for various components to help you translate from one to
the other. For instance, "generator" and "alternator" are both names for
the same part on a car; in Canada, we use "alternator" which, if memory
serves, is the British name for that part.)