ESPN anchor blasts Trump as `white supremacist'
Add Reply
Byker
2017-09-13 00:09:24 UTC
Look at all the tweets:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/12/espn-anchor-donald-trump-is-a-white-supremacist/
ESPN anchor blasts Trump as ‘white supremacist’

By Chris Perez
September 12, 2017

Jemele Hill is the newest face of ESPN controversy.

The “SportsCenter” co-host went on a Twitter rant against President Trump
that included calling him a “white supremacist” — forcing the network to
issue a statement Tuesday denouncing the comments.

“Trump is the most ignorant, offensive president of my lifetime,” Hill
tweeted Monday night.

“His rise is a direct result of white supremacy. Period,” she said. “He is
unqualified and unfit to be president. He is not a leader. And if he were
not white, he never would have been elected.”

For a network that detractors believe leans liberal, especially through its
on-screen personalities, Hill’s comments fit that narrative.

Her incendiary tweets were part of a near 15-minute long rant, which she
unleashed around 8 p.m.

“Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/
other white supremacists,” she said at the start of her tirade.

“The height of white privilege is being able to ignore his white supremacy,
because it’s of no threat to you,” Hill added. “Well, it’s a threat to me.”

The black 41-year-old — who co-hosts the 6 p.m. broadcast of SportsCenter,
also known as “The Six” — wound up firing off more than a dozen tweets,
criticizing the president.

The diatribe began in response to a news story about singer Kid Rock, who is
toying with Senate next year. The article accused the media of calling the
Confederate flag-toting musician a racist, despite his previous claims that
he “[loves] black people.”

Hill, an 11-year ESPN veteran, sarcastically denounced Kid Rock’s reasoning
in several tweets, arguing he can’t use a flag that “unquestionably stands
for dehumanizing black people” and call himself a racial sympathizer. Her
criticism of him eventually turned into the angry comments about Trump.

“Donald Trump is a bigot. Glad you could live with voting for him. I couldn’t,
because I cared about more than just myself,” Hill seethed.

“I hate a lot of things but not enough to jeopardize my fellow citizens with
an unfit, bigoted, incompetent moron. But hey, that’s just me.”

Hill’s statements caused an uproar on social media, prompting ESPN to issue
its statement Tuesday — distancing themselves from the sports anchor.

“The comments on Twitter from Jemele Hill regarding the President do not
represent the position of ESPN,” the network said. “We have addressed this
with Jemele and she recognizes her actions were inappropriate.”

ESPN has been involved in plenty of politically correct controversies,
including the removal of a college football announcer named Robert Lee.

The network flat-out admitted to moving the play-by-play man in an effort to
avoid social media outrage.

Last April, former All-Star pitcher-turned-baseball analyst Curt Schilling
was fired for sharing an insensitive Facebook post about the North Carolina
transgender bathroom law.

“LET HIM IN! to the restroom with your daughter or else you’re a
narrow-minded, judgmental, unloving racist bigot who needs to die,” the post
said.

It was accompanied by an image of an overweight man donning a wig and women’s
clothing, along with a low cut shirt exposing his breasts.

“A man is a man no matter what they call themselves,” Schilling wrote in the
description. “I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, men’s room
was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling
us differently? Pathetic.”

In response, ESPN issued a similar statement to the one they released for
Hill — only this time, they chose to fire Schilling.

“ESPN is an inclusive company,” the network said. “Curt Schilling has been
advised that his conduct was unacceptable and his employment with ESPN has
been terminated.”

Unlike Schilling, it appears that Hill will be allowed to keep her job —
leading many to call ESPN out for what they believe is a massive double
standard.

“ESPN, Curt Schilling is fired 4 questioning Transgender Bathrooms but
nothing happens 2 Jemele Hill when she calls Trump a WhiteSupremacist?”
wrote one upset Twitter user.

“Complete BS, You fired Curt Schilling for political opinions,” another
said.

Pete Packowski added, “it’s a f–king disgrace that jemele hill is still
employed by espn, while curt schilling lost his job.”

http://tinyurl.com/y9r7shda
Rhino
2017-09-13 03:38:03 UTC
Post by Byker
[...]
Isn't ESPN a sports network? What exactly does Trump have to do with
sports anyway? Then again, didn't that foaming-at-the-mouth lunatic
Keith Olbermann get his start at ESPN?
2017-09-13 11:29:56 UTC
Post by Byker
[...]
Yes.

Quite a bit.

No, actually, he didn't.
--
P.T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute…"
Donald Trump: "Hey guys… got a minute?"
Ubiquitous
2017-09-29 09:32:58 UTC
Isn't ESPN a sports network? What exactly does Trump have to do with
sports anyway? Then again, didn't that foaming-at-the-mouth lunatic
Keith Olbermann get his start at ESPN?
Yes, ESPN was his big break. Funny how back then, ESPN fired people
for getting political on their network.
Michael OConnor
2017-09-13 12:54:54 UTC
Isn't ESPN a sports network?
ESPN is becoming more and more about the business of social engineering than sports, much in the same way that MTV stopped being about the music and started being about socially engineering adolescents about 25 years ago.
m***@hotmail.com
Keith Olbermann is in FAR FAR better shape than any of the Fox News loud mouths.
BTR1701
2017-09-14 07:10:19 UTC
ESPN anchor blasts Trump as 'white supremacist'
By Chris Perez
September 12, 2017
Jemele Hill is the newest face of ESPN controversy.
The "SportsCenter" co-host went on a Twitter rant against President Trump
that included calling him a "white supremacist" -- forcing the network to
issue a statement Tuesday denouncing the comments.
Last April, former All-Star pitcher-turned-baseball analyst Curt
Schilling was fired for sharing an insensitive Facebook post
about the North Carolina transgender bathroom law.
In response, ESPN issued a similar statement to the one they released for
Hill -- only this time, they chose to fire Schilling.
Unlike Schilling, it appears that Hill will be allowed to keep her job —
leading many to call ESPN out for what they believe is a massive double
standard.
They fired him, but not her.

I can't imagine why would anyone think there's a double standard here.
FPP
2017-09-14 10:48:48 UTC
[...]
So we agree. I can't imagine why, either.
trotsky
Damn, you beat me to it.
FPP
2017-09-14 12:57:39 UTC
[...]
I have to admit, the words just formed on their own...
b***@gmail.com
We all finally agree.
trotsky
Agree. I can't imagine it either.