Netflix's "Altered Carbon" set in "Game of Thrones" universe
David
2018-02-13 21:00:20 UTC
https://www.avclub.com/internet-start-your-game-of-thrones-altered-carbon-sha-1822967435

Internet, start your Game of Thrones-Altered Carbon shared-universe
engines
by Randall Colburn

Netflix wants this thing to not just be a hit, but to be a phenomenon
on par with Game of Thrones. They even recruited Emmy-winning Game Of
Thrones alums Alex Graves and Miguel Sapochnik behind the camera.

Now, it appears one of those directors has taken the HBO series’
influence even further. Raven-eyed (or should we say sparrow-eyed?)
viewers will notice a familiar symbol in the first season’s third
episode, which was helmed by Sapochnik.

In the upper left-hand corner of the above screenshot, you’ll see a
seven-pointed star, which, in the world of Westeros, represents both
the seven-in-one godhead of its dominant religion as well as the
religious text it uses as a guide. It was wielded with a tyrannical
madness by the High Sparrow throughout seasons five and six, and we’re
really hoping Jonathan Pryce isn’t poised to reprise that role here,
because that dude was a drag.

While this is likely just a little nod to fellow fans, other Redditors
have pointed out what looks like a seven-pointed star on the ring of a
police officer. Maybe, then, the religion is poised to play a larger
role in the series? Or maybe we’re all just overthinking it.
Ed Stasiak
2018-02-14 03:36:23 UTC
Post by David
David
While this is likely just a little nod to fellow fans, other Redditors
have pointed out what looks like a seven-pointed star on the ring
of a police officer. Maybe, then, the religion is poised to play a
larger role in the series? Or maybe we’re all just overthinking it.
“Game of Thrones” author George RR Martin is strongly opposed
to fan written works set in the GoT universe and has supposedly
said iwhen he dies, his widow will burn all his notes to prevent
anyone from producing sequels/prequels.

So I’m guessing anything in “Altered Carbon” related to GoT is just
an homage and not anything official.