What Did You Watch? 2017-08-06 (Sunday)
2017-08-07 09:10:00 UTC

INSIDE SECRET SOCIETIES:
"The Brotherhood of the Blood". Protecting Christ's blood is the sworn
mission of this ancient and mysterious group.

SIESTA KEY:
"Romeo and Juliette". A new candid reality show set where I grew up.

THE LOWE FILES:
"Haunted Boy's Reformatory". Rob Lowe and his sonsvisit the Preston
Castle, a condemned former boys' reformatory in California that is said
to house angry, vengeful spirts. Later: they try to draw out the spirit
of a murder victim whose residual energy remains at the castle. Meh.

THE LOVE BOAT:
Geez, how many times did the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders appear on The
Love Boat?
• "Target Gopher". A cheerleader pretends to be in love with Gopher in
order to ward off the sponser's sexual advances, who then gets Gopher
suspended.
• "The Major's Wife". Air Force Major Ross Latham, his passive Japanese
wife Nara, and an aggressive old girlfriend are on the cruise, at the
same time. When the crew see the ex girlfriend, they decide to violate
employee rules and interfere.
• "Strange Honeymoon". Two brothers share the honeymoon suite after the
one was jilted at the alter. Cue the lame gay jokes...
• "The Oilman Cometh". Texas oil magnate Mason Fleers takes the Dallas
Cowboys Cheerleaders aboard to impress several of his clients, including
Mideastern Prince Hasssan (Hey, it's Shneider!), who thinks that one of
the cheerleaders is a gift for him.

LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE:
"Love and the Great Catch". A man, his wife, her sister, and some bimbo
act like fools when Adam West visits to look at the man's stamp
collection.

RICK AND MORTY:
"Rickmancing the Stone". Summer starts acting out in this one, broh.
Morty goes ham too broh.

RICK AND MORTY:
"Pickle Rick". Rick turns himself into a pickle to avoid going to family
therapy.

Stan C
2017-08-07 15:10:08 UTC
[...]
First off, gorgeous animation in this episode. We saw a pickle bite a cockroach's head off and tongue its brain to move itself. And then strip a rat apart, attached its limbs to itself like an Iron Man suit and fought off and slaughtered a horde of other rats. Only this show. Also, that improved laser was amazing. Just a AA battery and a part of a video camera, I think? Loved that.

Was not expecting the Russian(?) prison bit, but it was amazing. Oh man, Jaguar was great. I hope we see him again (doesn't hurt that he's voiced by Danny Trejo). Also loved that we finally saw the piano death trap from the opening. Didn't see any of that coming at all.

Really loved the therapist, and her whole monologue at the end. Really odd that the family went to a therapist for Corpophagia, I have a feeling that Mr. Goldenfold would be good friends with Doofus Rick.

Man, this whole episode just proves that Beth and Jerry were made for each other. They're both judgmental and can't take being outsmarted. But Jerry is, of course, spineless.

Next week looks amazing. An Avengers spoof with Christian Slater? Already loving it.
Arthur Lipscomb
2017-08-07 16:04:36 UTC
Post by Stan C
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
All of that was in an episode of Rick and Morty or did you watch
something else?
anim8rfsk
2017-08-07 16:00:53 UTC
"The Brotherhood of the Blood". Protecting Christ's blood is the sworn
mission of this ancient and mysterious group.
"Romeo and Juliette". A new candid reality show set where I grew up.
"Haunted Boy's Reformatory". Rob Lowe and his sonsvisit the Preston
Castle, a condemned former boys' reformatory in California that is said
to house angry, vengeful spirts. Later: they try to draw out the spirit
of a murder victim whose residual energy remains at the castle. Meh.
Geez, how many times did the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders appear on The
Love Boat?
Counting on my fingers and toes ... in total? Carry the three ...
"once"
But it was a two parter.
SHARKNADO!!!!!!

And The Strain. I can't stand The Strain.
David Barnett
2017-08-07 22:09:19 UTC
"The Brotherhood of the Blood". Protecting Christ's blood is the sworn
mission of this ancient and mysterious group.
"Romeo and Juliette". A new candid reality show set where I grew up.
"Haunted Boy's Reformatory". Rob Lowe and his sonsvisit the Preston
Castle, a condemned former boys' reformatory in California that is said
to house angry, vengeful spirts. Later: they try to draw out the spirit
of a murder victim whose residual energy remains at the castle. Meh.
Geez, how many times did the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders appear on The
Love Boat?
Counting on my fingers and toes ... in total? Carry the three ...
"once"
But it was a two parter.
SHARKNADO!!!!!!
And The Strain. I can't stand The Strain.
Presumably another virus show.
12 Monkeys is enough for me.
So I will be avoiding other virus shows if I can.
David Barnett
anim8rfsk
2017-08-07 22:47:19 UTC
Post by David Barnett
[...]
The Strain is vampires.

When you can bore me with a vampire show, you've really done something
wrong.
Exactly.
Jim G.
2017-08-11 17:43:12 UTC
Post by David Barnett
Post by anim8rfsk
Counting on my fingers and toes ... in total? Carry the three ...
"once"
But it was a two parter.
SHARKNADO!!!!!!
And The Strain. I can't stand The Strain.
Presumably another virus show.
12 Monkeys is enough for me.
So I will be avoiding other virus shows if I can.
The Strain is vampires.
When you can bore me with a vampire show, you've really done something
wrong.
Exactly.
They've also committed the cardinal sin of breaking up Our Heroes and
giving us several diluted story lines -- the Doc in one, Fet in another,
Dutch in another -- instead of one consistent one that incorporates them
all. And they haven't killed off Zach slowly and painfully in a fire.
That's perhaps the biggest sin of all.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
anim8rfsk
2017-08-11 18:07:23 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by David Barnett
Post by anim8rfsk
Counting on my fingers and toes ... in total? Carry the three ...
"once"
But it was a two parter.
SHARKNADO!!!!!!
And The Strain. I can't stand The Strain.
Presumably another virus show.
12 Monkeys is enough for me.
So I will be avoiding other virus shows if I can.
The Strain is vampires.
When you can bore me with a vampire show, you've really done something
wrong.
Exactly.
They've also committed the cardinal sin of breaking up Our Heroes and
giving us several diluted story lines -- the Doc in one, Fet in another,
Dutch in another -- instead of one consistent one that incorporates them
all. And they haven't killed off Zach slowly and painfully in a fire.
That's perhaps the biggest sin of all.
All of which is unforgivably when they *know* this is their last season
and should be working towards a conclusion.

What the Hell is the plan involving the nuke, anyway? Nuke NYC just out
of spite?
Jim G.
2017-08-12 00:09:05 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by David Barnett
Post by anim8rfsk
[...]
Well, Carlton Cuse is involved, and we know that he mastered nailing the
ending back when he was doing that island show...
Post by anim8rfsk
What the Hell is the plan involving the nuke, anyway? Nuke NYC just out
of spite?
Apparently a nuke is the only way to kill the master, or something to
that effect. Kill the master and his zombies become useless. Mostly.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
anim8rfsk
2017-08-12 00:24:09 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
What the Hell is the plan involving the nuke, anyway? Nuke NYC just out
of spite?
Apparently a nuke is the only way to kill the master, or something to
that effect. Kill the master and his zombies become useless. Mostly.
Ah. Thanks.

You know, if a nuke was the only way to kill me, I probably wouldn't be
dicking around with them in the first place.
2017-08-08 16:45:19 UTC
Post by David Barnett
SHARKNADO!!!!!!
And The Strain. I can't stand The Strain.
Presumably another virus show.
If only it were!
2017-08-08 17:44:17 UTC
Geez, how many times did the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders appear on The
Love Boat?
Counting on my fingers and toes ... in total? Carry the three ...
"once"
But it was a two parter.
I swear I saw them on more than once!
2017-08-07 16:02:36 UTC
I had a day of mostly watching movies and watched:

Warlock III: The End of Innocence (blu-ray) - I picked up a Warlock set
and made my way through them, a movie a day. The first was OK but they
got progressive worse. This one was almost unwatchable. This time
around Bruce Payne plays the Warlock who has targeted Ashley Laurence
(Hellraiser) who has inherited her ancestral home and gone there with
several victims, I mean friends. This was a pure waste of time.

Death Note 2: The Last Name (blu-ray) - Second part of 2006 Japanese
movie about a young man who can kill anyone by writing their name in a
notebook and thinking of their face. The second half picks up with a
second notebook coming into play. The movie still goes on way to long
but the cat and mouse game between the killer(s) and the police where
you never know whose the cat and whose the mouse makes it work.

Hellions (Netflix rental) Chloe Rose (Degrassi, Rookie Blue and every
other TV show made in Canada) stars as a teenager who unexpectedly finds
out she's pregnant even though she says that's not possible. Later that
Halloween night she attacked by demonic children wearing masks. Luke
Bilyk also from Degrassi and Robert Patrick star in this too. This was
pretty bad. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be an anti abortion
movie or what but not much in it made any sense.

The Worst Witch (Netflix streaming) "Tabby" - Mildred gets a cat and has
to teach it to ride her broom. Much like the only reason I watch
"Degrassi" is because it's called "Degrassi," if this wasn't called,
"The Worst Witch" I probably wouldn't waste my time with it.

Broadchuch - Mostly background noise.

Ray Donovan - Season 5 picks up with a time jump and everyone coping
with a death in the family.

Game of Thrones - "The Spoils of War" - Tired of losing, Daenerys hops
on her dragon and gives some payback with extreme fire breathing
prejudice. Excellent episode. The only bad part was when it ended 10
minutes early.
Ian J. Ball
2017-08-07 16:37:05 UTC
Hellions (Netflix rental) Chloe Rose (Degrassi, Rookie Blue and every
other TV show made in Canada) stars as a teenager who unexpectedly
finds out she's pregnant even though she says that's not possible.
Later that Halloween night she attacked by demonic children wearing
masks. Luke Bilyk also from Degrassi and Robert Patrick star in this
too. This was pretty bad. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be an
anti abortion movie or what but not much in it made any sense.
I didn't realize Neflix had this - even though I dislike Chloe Rose, I
will probably watch this now...
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
The Worst Witch (Netflix streaming) "Tabby" - Mildred gets a cat and
has to teach it to ride her broom. Much like the only reason I watch
"Degrassi" is because it's called "Degrassi," if this wasn't called,
"The Worst Witch" I probably wouldn't waste my time with it.
As I've been saying, I've found at least one decent episode in here.
The rest of the show I generally find aimable watching, but it's no
"H2O" or anything...
--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in
David Barnett
2017-08-07 22:17:51 UTC
In article <oma2n3$fpa$***@dont-email.me>, ***@alum.calberkeley.org
says...
<snip>
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
The Worst Witch (Netflix streaming) "Tabby" - Mildred gets a cat and has
to teach it to ride her broom. Much like the only reason I watch
"Degrassi" is because it's called "Degrassi," if this wasn't called,
"The Worst Witch" I probably wouldn't waste my time with it.
Available on Netflix here, & I was considering watching it.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Broadchuch - Mostly background noise.
I missed 1 episode but it didn't seem to matter.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Ray Donovan - Season 5 picks up with a time jump and everyone coping
with a death in the family.
Airing here late tonight via the Showcase Channel.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Game of Thrones - "The Spoils of War" - Tired of losing, Daenerys hops
on her dragon and gives some payback with extreme fire breathing
prejudice. Excellent episode. The only bad part was when it ended 10
minutes early.
Watched this episode this morning.
Meant to watch it yesterday, but I accidentally deleted my recording of it.
I found some parts a bit boring.
David Barnett
Ian J. Ball
I like it more than Arthur does, but it's only a little better than marginal. Still, I like it enough that I'll probably watch series 2 when it becomes available...
Jim G.
2017-08-11 17:43:36 UTC
Game of Thrones - "The Spoils of War" - Tired of losing, Daenerys hops
on her dragon and gives some payback with extreme fire breathing
prejudice. Excellent episode. The only bad part was when it ended 10
minutes early.
Kinda seemed like a waste of good men and horses when she could have
just swooped down from downwind and wiped out everyone with no real warning.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
anim8rfsk
2017-08-11 18:08:22 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Game of Thrones - "The Spoils of War" - Tired of losing, Daenerys hops
on her dragon and gives some payback with extreme fire breathing
prejudice. Excellent episode. The only bad part was when it ended 10
minutes early.
Kinda seemed like a waste of good men and horses when she could have
just swooped down from downwind and wiped out everyone with no real warning.
It took way too many years for MERLIN to do that, but boy howdy was it
awesome when he did!
2017-08-07 16:32:58 UTC
I finished out two Netflix series (and am close to finishing a
third...) on Sunday:

Mako Mermaids (The Netflix) - "The Legend of Jiao Long" and
"Homecoming" (ep's #3.15 & 3.16), the series finale.
Well, this was disappointing. I think I maybe even remember Ice
mentioning something about this back when he watched this series, some
months back...
But they really made a *massive* mistake in putting both this show
and "H2O" in the same universe - this just opens up a massive number of
continuity issues/questions that cannot be properly explained, and are
frankly unnecessary in the first place! Really, if they wanted to link
these two shows up, putting "H2O" in an alternate universe (something
they had already established exists in a previous "series 3" episode,
"Wishful Thinking") was the much, *much* better answer here.
Apparently, they are thinking about doing a feature film based on
this and/or "H2O". If that comes to pass, that'll open up a whole bunch
of interesting questions (starting with who among the casts of both
shows would even bother to show up for the film?!...). But I bet it
never happens...
Anyway, aside from the massive blunder of introducing Rikki into
this finale (which as it turns out was probably totally unnecessary and
basically just represents a case of "stunt casting"...), this series 3
wrapped up pretty satisfactorily. It's interesting that they sent
Ondina "out of town" at the end - if they do do a movie, they're going
to need either her (or Rikki, or *both*) to make it work... unless they
bring back Luck Fry's Lyla, I guess...

Longmire (The Netflix) - "The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of", the season #5 finale.
Mercifully, this (mostly) didn't end on a dumb cliffhanger like
season #4 did, though certainly most storylines were left unresolved.
Walt is still estranged from both Henry and Cady. Oh, and he and
Ally Walker basically break up (so I'm not expecting to see Walker in
season 6...). And people are still coming after Walt for his job
(though we finally find out what the civil lawsuit is *really*
about...).
We still don't know who the father of stupid Vic's baby is... but
the Chance Gilbert thing looks to be mostly resolved (though I still
think his family is going to try to kill Vic in season 6).
Cady is officially accepted into the tribe thanks to Mandy, who is
now officially working for Cady (which I guess means that we'll be
seeing Tamara Duarte in season #6 - not sure how she was able to do
both this, *and* "Wynonna Earp" at the same time!! - it looks like
"Earp" probably filmed before "Longmire" did...).
And Mathias allows Henry to "retire" Hector for a while, until the
heat dies down... but Henry runs right into the crosshairs of the
EVOL!!1! Malachi.
I'll be interested to see if they can satisfactorily wrap all of
this up in the concluding season 6...

The Worst Witch (The Netflix) - "The Mists of Time" and "Out of Bounds"
(ep's #11 & #12). Unfortunately, I thought both of these were a step
down from the preceding episode, "Spelling Bee" (which looks to be
perhaps the best episode from this show).
In the first, Mildred and Ethel inadvertantly travel back in time to
Miss Cackle's youth at the school, and start messing up the timeline.
In the second, Mildred allows herself to be tricked into letting
EVOL!!1! Agatha Cackle free, and then later Ethel conspires with Agatha
to allow Agatha to take over the school. This penultimate episode ended
on somewhat of a cliffhanger (literally a "To Be Continued..." tag),
which presumably will be resolved in the finale (which I will get to
today).

Killjoys (recorded) - "Necropolis Now". An OK episode in which hottie
Doc Pawter's hottie sister Louella (Kimberly-Sue Murray) plots revenge
on The Nine by planning to assissinate them, and Johnny, D'avin and
Dutch are all caught up in the plot. The subplot was more nonsense with
Aneela and internal Hullen "politics" which I don't care too much about
(though Aneela's handmaiden Brynn (Kalinka Petrie) was another hottie!)
- in the end, the Hullen have taken Delle Sayah somewhere to torture(?)
her.

Trapped Sisters (Lifetime) - A quasi-interesting picture about 2
(messed up!) sisters (one of whom is played by Alexandra Park of "The
Royals" fame) who get trapped in a swimming pool when the cover is
closed over the top of them, and who are then held for ransom by a
desperate, amoral ex-con janitor (Diane Farr) who wants money before
she will let the sisters out. One of the sisters has Type 1 diabetis,
and Farr's character cuts the heat to the pool, and yada, yada, yada.
You get the drill.
This was supposedly "based on a true story", but I wonder how much
of this flick is actually "true"...

The Mist (recorded) - "The Devil You Know". OK, I have officially lost
patience with this show. It's clear that they've gone full-on
supernatural and will never give a convincing, satisfactory explanation
for what is going on here. At this point, I'm only watching to finish
out "season #1" because I am a "completist". But this show has
absolutely failed to grab me, and I now just find it tedious...

Recorded for later: Sharknado 5: Global Swarming.
--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in
2017-08-07 16:59:45 UTC
Ian J. Ball <***@mac.invalid> wrote:

Killjoys (recorded) - "Necropolis Now". An OK episode in which hottie
Doc Pawter's hottie sister Louella (Kimberly-Sue Murray) plots revenge
on The Nine by planning to assissinate them, and Johnny, D'avin and
Dutch are all caught up in the plot. The subplot was more nonsense with
Aneela and internal Hullen "politics" which I don't care too much about
(though Aneela's handmaiden Brynn (Kalinka Petrie) was another hottie!)
- in the end, the Hullen have taken Delle Sayah somewhere to torture(?)
her.
No, they impregnated her, which made no sense. She looked about 7 months
pregnant, so that's a whole litter. It was established that the Hullen
reproduce in the goo so now they've figured out a way to have non-goo
bodies, or did they goo-ify foetuses?

I give that episode a resounding "meh". Why was Dutch meeting with
the Nine families in the elevator, other than It's time for the trapped
in an elevator cliched episode. Where the hells were the Nine planning
to go? It's established (in the opening graphic) how many planets are
in that system. Do they have the technology to get to another star system?
I must have missed that.

Whom did Aneela think was interrogating her in the goo, impersonating
Khlyen? It wasn't a memory fragment as she stated given the specific
questions it was asking. It wasn't Gander; we've never seen him in the goo.
Was Aneela truly Khlyen's daughter? My guess was that both girls are
something like clones.

Are they still the Nine? I thought several entire families were wiped out.

At least Zephyer hid the secret of what Khlyen was up to from Dutch
for just a week. I thought it was going to be for the rest of the season.
I love how she's a computer expert and a microbiologist and knows how
to perform autopsies, 'cuz all those fields just go together.
Dimensional Traveler
2017-08-07 18:33:23 UTC
[...]
"The J" is apparently a star cluster (I cheated and looked that up on
Syfy.com), so yes they have the tech to go to another star. Also
according to Syfy.com "The Quad" is one dwarf planet and its three moons.

Another hint was the episode where they were trying to recruit other RAC
ships to the Hullen war. Each of them was in another star system, until
Aneela decided fireworks were a good way to start things off. Then
there was the planet of kids with their eyes sewed shut because of the
variable star, that had to be another star system.
instinct are running screaming.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-07 18:58:54 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
[...]
I thought they had a whole galaxy of new Earths all in the same system?
instinct are running screaming.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-07 21:01:02 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
[...]
Its a very serene firefly.
instinct are running screaming.
b***@gmail.com
I think that was the so-called 'Parallels' episode of Star Trek TNG, wasn't it?
Adam H. Kerman
Oh. I thought the J was just the solar system. Thanks.
Ian J. Ball
2017-08-08 01:48:12 UTC
[...]
I thought the "J" was a spiral arm of the Milky Way. In fact, I still
kind of think that...
--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in
2017-08-07 17:21:47 UTC
I finished out two Netflix series (and am close to finishing a third...)
snip
The Worst Witch (The Netflix) - "The Mists of Time" and "Out of Bounds"
(ep's #11 & #12). Unfortunately, I thought both of these were a step
down from the preceding episode, "Spelling Bee" (which looks to be
perhaps the best episode from this show).
In the first, Mildred and Ethel inadvertantly travel back in time to
Miss Cackle's youth at the school, and start messing up the timeline. In
the second, Mildred allows herself to be tricked into letting EVOL!!1!
Agatha Cackle free, and then later Ethel conspires with Agatha to allow
Agatha to take over the school. This penultimate episode ended on
somewhat of a cliffhanger (literally a "To Be Continued..." tag), which
presumably will be resolved in the finale (which I will get to today).
I'll sample one or two more today but this series needs to get a lot
better. Currently at best it's meh.
Trapped Sisters (Lifetime) - A quasi-interesting picture about 2 (messed
up!) sisters (one of whom is played by Alexandra Park of "The Royals"
fame) who get trapped in a swimming pool when the cover is closed over
the top of them, and who are then held for ransom by a desperate, amoral
ex-con janitor (Diane Farr) who wants money before she will let the
sisters out. One of the sisters has Type 1 diabetis, and Farr's
character cuts the heat to the pool, and yada, yada, yada. You get the
drill.
This was supposedly "based on a true story", but I wonder how much of
this flick is actually "true"...
I just finished watching this. It was a very frustrating movie. Nice
head fake they did at the start by having Tobin Bell play the pool manager.
The Mist (recorded) - "The Devil You Know". OK, I have officially lost
patience with this show. It's clear that they've gone full-on
supernatural and will never give a convincing, satisfactory explanation
for what is going on here. At this point, I'm only watching to finish
out "season #1" because I am a "completist". But this show has
absolutely failed to grab me, and I now just find it tedious...
I'm several episodes behind on this. I'm trying to decide if I should
catch up or just dump it.

I forgot one. I also watched "Dreamcatcher" (blu-ray) It's a 2003
horror movie based on a Stephen King book. It has an all star cast
including Thomas Jane, Jason Lee, Timothy Olyphant and Damian Lewis as
a group of friends who go camping and encounter hostile aliens. Lewis
finds himself possessed by an alien trying to destroy the world. Morgan
Freeman also stars as the leader of secret military group hunting and
killing the alien invaders.

I've been working my way through various Stephen King movies I purchased
but never got around to watching. I actually have a lot of movies that
fit into that category. So far they have been hit or miss. This was
yet another miss. I'm assuming the books are good but they are just not
translating well on film. This had people constantly farting due to
having aliens in them. Which maybe it reads well on paper but on film
it doesn't work. Nor did the telepathic link the Lewis and his friends
possessed. Nothing about this movie worked.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-07 18:57:32 UTC
[...]
The books were good until they stopped editing him and he soared over
1000 pages ...
Jim G.
2017-08-11 17:43:52 UTC
Killjoys (recorded) - "Necropolis Now". An OK episode in which hottie
Doc Pawter's hottie sister Louella (Kimberly-Sue Murray) plots revenge
on The Nine by planning to assissinate them, and Johnny, D'avin and
Dutch are all caught up in the plot. The subplot was more nonsense with
Aneela and internal Hullen "politics" which I don't care too much about
(though Aneela's handmaiden Brynn (Kalinka Petrie) was another hottie!)
- in the end, the Hullen have taken Delle Sayah somewhere to torture(?)
her.
It all seemed ungrateful on Louella's part. After all, it wasn't all
that long ago that our gang gave her a hand.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
icebreaker
2017-08-07 17:44:50 UTC
Sharnado 5 (sysy) -- The most disappointing one of the lot in my
opinion. So time travel is up next for #6?

Garage Sale Mystery (HMM) -- A tech company owner is found dead on the
beach, presumably drowned, except he was a surfer and former
lifeguard.

---
http://www.avg.com
Ian J. Ball
2017-08-07 18:39:58 UTC
Sharnado 5 (Syfy) -- The most disappointing one of the lot in my
opinion. So time travel is up next for #6?
It's very likely that they should have stopped at 3. (Note: Haven't watched this myself yet...)
anim8rfsk
2017-08-07 18:52:28 UTC
Sharnado 5 (Syfy) -- The most disappointing one of the lot in my
opinion. So time travel is up next for #6?
It's very likely that they should have stopped at 3. (Note: Haven't watched
this myself yet...)
Ah, that explains you being wrong then.
David Barnett
2017-08-07 22:00:44 UTC
On Sun Aug 6 I watched:

FATHER BROWN: The Alchemist's Secret
The secret that had to be kept strained my suspension of disbelief.
? inspired by 12 Monkeys.

12 MONKEYS: The Red Forest; The Keys
For lack of other shows to watch.
There are 4 seasons of this show,
but Netflix here has only got the first two.

I am getting slightly confused by people are dead & then not dead.
Z Ivanek reappears, but I forget if he is in these episodes
or the next ones.

Syfy here is airing late Season 3,
but it is also airing atm Season 1 episode 1.
So I will have a long wait for Season 3 if it continues repeating episodes,
but otoh I am yet to get to Season 2.
David Barnett
suzeeq
2017-08-07 22:02:36 UTC
Post by David Barnett
FATHER BROWN: The Alchemist's Secret
The secret that had to be kept strained my suspension of disbelief.
? inspired by 12 Monkeys.
12 MONKEYS: The Red Forest; The Keys
For lack of other shows to watch.
There are 4 seasons of this show,
but Netflix here has only got the first two.
I am getting slightly confused by people are dead & then not dead.
It skips around different times and timelines. Even though they caption
changes, it's easy to miss one.
Jim G.
2017-08-11 17:44:02 UTC
Post by David Barnett
12 MONKEYS: The Red Forest; The Keys
For lack of other shows to watch.
There are 4 seasons of this show,
but Netflix here has only got the first two.
I am getting slightly confused by people are dead & then not dead.
Z Ivanek reappears, but I forget if he is in these episodes
or the next ones.
This show has had its problems, but last season rebounded quite nicely.
And now there's one season left to go at some point.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
David Barnett
2017-08-11 21:11:25 UTC
In article <omkq57$jh9$***@dont-email.me>, ***@geemail.com.invalid
says...
Post by Jim G.
Post by David Barnett
12 MONKEYS: The Red Forest; The Keys
For lack of other shows to watch.
There are 4 seasons of this show,
but Netflix here has only got the first two.
I am getting slightly confused by people are dead & then not dead.
Z Ivanek reappears, but I forget if he is in these episodes
or the next ones.
This show has had its problems, but last season rebounded quite nicely.
And now there's one season left to go at some point.
Thanks, I appreciate your comment.
David Barnett
Jim G.
2017-08-12 00:11:30 UTC
Post by David Barnett
says...
Post by Jim G.
Post by David Barnett
12 MONKEYS: The Red Forest; The Keys
For lack of other shows to watch.
There are 4 seasons of this show,
but Netflix here has only got the first two.
I am getting slightly confused by people are dead & then not dead.
Z Ivanek reappears, but I forget if he is in these episodes
or the next ones.
This show has had its problems, but last season rebounded quite nicely.
And now there's one season left to go at some point.
Thanks, I appreciate your comment.
And as suzee points out in another post, you really have to pay
attention to those time shifts. And even then, it can get confusing.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
b***@gmail.com
2017-08-12 11:29:45 UTC
Post by David Barnett
FATHER BROWN: The Alchemist's Secret
The secret that had to be kept strained my suspension of disbelief.
? inspired by 12 Monkeys.
12 MONKEYS: The Red Forest; The Keys
For lack of other shows to watch.
There are 4 seasons of this show,
but Netflix here has only got the first two.
I am getting slightly confused by people are dead & then not dead.
You means by people 'who' are dead and then aren't. Like, with shows with alternate timelines.