2017 Fall series premiere ratings
Obveeus
2017-09-26 15:18:24 UTC
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
Robin Miller
2017-09-26 15:32:55 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
Wow.
Post by Obveeus
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
Better than I expected.

Part of me hopes that no one watches any of the fall shows because
they're all so unoriginal.

--Robin
Obveeus
2017-09-26 15:51:48 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
THE ORVILLE:  (FOX)  2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS)  1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON:  (CBS)  3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
Wow.
It helps to have THE BIG BANG THEORY as a lead-in.
Post by Robin Miller
ME, MYSELF, & I:  (CBS)  1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR:  (ABC)  2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
Better than I expected.
Part of me hopes that no one watches any of the fall shows because
they're all so unoriginal.
Aside from STAR TREK DISCOVERY, how are any of the above shows
'unoriginal'? Sure, a show like THE GOOD DOCTOR is about a doctor who
help patients in a hospital, but really, how else could you go about any
show about a doctor? I'm pretty sure that this is the first medical
show centered around an Asperger personality (actually impaired, not
just 'difficult' like HOUSE). Are you saying that it is unoriginal
because it is a remake of a foreign show? Some of the talk in the
boardroom where 'hire him because he ticks off a new minority category'
discussion takes place seemed eerily current.
David
2017-09-26 16:48:25 UTC
Post by Obveeus
YOUNG SHELDON:  (CBS)  3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
Wow.
It helps to have THE BIG BANG THEORY as a lead-in.
It was practically in a tie with "Big Bang."

"Big Bang" 3.9 18-49s, 16.97 million viewers
"Sheldon" 3.7 18-49s, 16.57 million viewers
Obveeus
2017-09-26 19:18:44 UTC
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
YOUNG SHELDON:  (CBS)  3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
Wow.
It helps to have THE BIG BANG THEORY as a lead-in.
It was practically in a tie with "Big Bang."
"Big Bang" 3.9 18-49s, 16.97 million viewers
"Sheldon" 3.7 18-49s, 16.57 million viewers
It will be interesting to see if that kind of lead-in hold can last.
Lots of shows have failed to perform well even with THE BIG BANG THEORY
lead-in.
Robin Miller
2017-09-26 20:52:42 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Obveeus
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
Better than I expected.
Part of me hopes that no one watches any of the fall shows because
they're all so unoriginal.
Aside from STAR TREK DISCOVERY, how are any of the above shows
'unoriginal'? Sure, a show like THE GOOD DOCTOR is about a doctor who
help patients in a hospital, but really, how else could you go about any
show about a doctor? I'm pretty sure that this is the first medical
show centered around an Asperger personality (actually impaired, not
just 'difficult' like HOUSE). Are you saying that it is unoriginal
because it is a remake of a foreign show? Some of the talk in the
boardroom where 'hire him because he ticks off a new minority category'
discussion takes place seemed eerily current.
They all sound unoriginal to me. And boring. The fact that The Good
Doctor may be the "first medical show centered around an Asperger
personality" doesn't make it original, and I don't even think the
statement is true. Saving Hope had a main character who had Asperger's,
for example. But this show simply fits into the category of "medical
show about a doctor who is eccentric in some way." Nothing to see here.

--Robin
Obveeus
2017-09-26 21:05:08 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
Ah. You are looking for a new fall workplace show centered around a
drywall hanger or an electrician or maybe a guy who works in a Cinnebon?
icebreaker
2017-09-26 21:16:15 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
No Cinnabon 'cause they already have the doughnut shop dude show.

---
http://www.avg.com
Obveeus
2017-09-27 02:27:20 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Post by Obveeus
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
Yes, but I'm really rooting for a Cinnebon show...and someone out there
has to know the reference.
Dimensional Traveler
2017-09-27 04:00:11 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by icebreaker
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
There are legal issues with your reference.
instinct are running screaming.
Obveeus
I know a lawyer willing to take on the case.
Dimensional Traveler
2017-09-27 14:27:46 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by icebreaker
Ah.  You are looking for a new fall workplace show centered around a
drywall hanger or an electrician or maybe a guy who works in a Cinnebon?
No Cinnabon 'cause they already have the doughnut shop dude show.
Yes, but I'm really rooting for a Cinnebon show...and someone out
there has to know the reference.
There are legal issues with your reference.
I know a lawyer willing to take on the case.
Would you trust that lawyer?
instinct are running screaming.
Obveeus
I've heard that he is well connected.
anim8rfsk
2017-09-27 04:52:54 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by icebreaker
Post by Obveeus
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
I've seen the porn film "Cinnamon's Buns" - I think on Cinemax, which
Ian has now.
Obveeus
2017-09-27 12:11:15 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by icebreaker
Post by Obveeus
Ah. You are looking for a new fall workplace show centered around a
drywall hanger or an electrician or maybe a guy who works in a Cinnebon?
No Cinnabon 'cause they already have the doughnut shop dude show.
Yes, but I'm really rooting for a Cinnebon show...and someone out there
has to know the reference.
I've seen the porn film "Cinnamon's Buns" - I think on Cinemax, which
Ian has now.
I'm looking to eventually watch this show:
Neill Massello
2017-09-27 07:58:32 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Yes, but I'm really rooting for a Cinnebon show...and someone out there
has to know the reference.
Have any successful TV series been set in Omaha? Perhaps somebody will
try a sitcom based on the movie Election -- although the current
political climate makes satire pretty much superfluous.
Huell likes Cinnabon. I'm just sayin' . . .
Obveeus
2017-09-27 12:14:19 UTC
Post by Neill Massello
Post by Obveeus
Yes, but I'm really rooting for a Cinnebon show...and someone out there
has to know the reference.
Have any successful TV series been set in Omaha?
There was that one we all MUTUALly watched.

Looking at the internets...a reality show called THE SUPER takes place
there:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2057858/
Post by Neill Massello
Perhaps somebody will
try a sitcom based on the movie Election -- although the current
political climate makes satire pretty much superfluous.
We got another example of that last night as yet again the party voted
for the greatest homophobe/racist on the ticket.
anim8rfsk
2017-09-27 16:42:44 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Neill Massello
Post by Obveeus
Yes, but I'm really rooting for a Cinnebon show...and someone out there
has to know the reference.
Have any successful TV series been set in Omaha?
There was that one we all MUTUALly watched.
Mutual of Omaha presents Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, brought to you
by Mutual of Omaha, the people that pay! And now for Mutual of Omaha's
Wild Kingdom is Mutual of Omaha's own Marlin Perkins!
Hello, I'm Marlin Perkins, and welcome to Mutual of Omaha's Wild
Kingdom, brought to you by Mutual of Omaha, the people that pay. Just
like a mother tiger rips out the entrails of any suspected danger to her
cubs, so does Mutual of Omaha ...

I can remember running out of the room screaming to get away from that
show.
Obveeus
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed the product placements.
anim8rfsk
Jim G.
2017-09-27 17:03:16 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Neill Massello
Post by Obveeus
Yes, but I'm really rooting for a Cinnebon show...and someone out there
has to know the reference.
Have any successful TV series been set in Omaha?
There was that one we all MUTUALly watched.
Mutual of Omaha presents Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, brought to you
by Mutual of Omaha, the people that pay! And now for Mutual of Omaha's
Wild Kingdom is Mutual of Omaha's own Marlin Perkins!
Hello, I'm Marlin Perkins, and welcome to Mutual of Omaha's Wild
Kingdom, brought to you by Mutual of Omaha, the people that pay. Just
like a mother tiger rips out the entrails of any suspected danger to her
cubs, so does Mutual of Omaha ...
I can remember running out of the room screaming to get away from that
show.
"I'll stay here in this protective cage while Bill goes out and wrestles
those alligators."
"I intend to save her beautiful, stubborn ass. And if you keep being
weird about this, I intend to poke you in the lung hole." -- D'avin
Jaqobis, KILLJOYS
Robin Miller
2017-09-26 22:25:59 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Obveeus
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Obveeus
[...]
It just feels like the networks chose to be very "safe" this season. An
example that you pointed out the other day was the three US special
forces shows. As for doctors with Asperger's, here's an article from
2013 about all the then-current TV characters (not just doctors) on the
autism spectrum:

http://flavorwire.com/405314/television-on-the-spectrum-the-best-and-worst-depictions-of-asperger-syndrome-on-tv/

--Robin
Obveeus
2017-09-27 02:28:53 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
Yes...that article is crap and basically lists a bunch of people with
very minor (if any) actual affliction.
Breezy Eason
Network and Cable TV ... in it's Last Days ... killed by Political Correctness' Dogma ... Liberal Anti White Male TV Commercials by Corp Advertiser PC Assholes ... Why continue?
anim8rfsk
2017-09-26 17:29:08 UTC
Post by Obveeus
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
Better than I expected.
Part of me hopes that no one watches any of the fall shows because
they're all so unoriginal.
--Robin
So far I'm fulfilling your hopes!
David
2017-09-26 23:38:34 UTC
It's been the case for awhile that more ambitious shows now premiere at midseason.
Robin Miller
2017-09-26 23:49:11 UTC
Post by David
Post by Robin Miller
Part of me hopes that no one watches any of the fall shows because
they're all so unoriginal.
It's been the case for awhile that more ambitious shows now premiere at midseason.
I thought the shows held for midseason were the ones the network wasn't
as confident about. Maybe that's the same thing.

--Robin
Ian J. Ball
2017-09-27 01:30:37 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by David
Post by Robin Miller
Part of me hopes that no one watches any of the fall shows because
they're all so unoriginal.
It's been the case for awhile that more ambitious shows now premiere at midseason.
I thought the shows held for midseason were the ones the network wasn't
as confident about. Maybe that's the same thing.
--Robin
I agree with David - some of the better shows tend to premiere at midseason now.

You're right - that doesn't do much for their "survivability" though, unfortunately... :/
Obveeus
2017-09-27 02:35:23 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by David
Post by Robin Miller
Part of me hopes that no one watches any of the fall shows because
they're all so unoriginal.
It's been the case for awhile that more ambitious shows now premiere at midseason.
I agree to an extent...sort of. We still see the huge swings like THIS
IS US debut in the fall, but we are seeing more returning shows get held
for midseason just because they are already 'stronger' than a hunch show.
Post by Robin Miller
I thought the shows held for midseason were the ones the network wasn't
as confident about. Maybe that's the same thing.
The networks are increasingly willing to put promising new shows mid
season so that they don't have to interrupt them for baseball season or
Christmas rerun season.
suzeeq
2017-09-27 15:23:10 UTC
Post by David
Post by Robin Miller
Part of me hopes that no one watches any of the fall shows because
they're all so unoriginal.
It's been the case for awhile that more ambitious shows now premiere at midseason.
I thought they did that last year because the election debates would
interrupt the 'better' shows.
Ian J. Ball
What? - Did "The Brave" get left off the ratings list?!...
Obveeus
2017-09-26 16:08:36 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
What? - Did "The Brave" get left off the ratings list?!...
Yep...I was bad and forgot about it.

THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.4demo, 6.2Million viewers (preliminary)

So far, THE BRAVE is the worst rated of the new shows.
Ian J. Ball
2017-09-26 16:26:06 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
What? - Did "The Brave" get left off the ratings list?!...
Yep...I was bad and forgot about it.
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.4demo, 6.2Million viewers (preliminary)
So far, THE BRAVE is the worst rated of the new shows.
Figures - the only new shows I'm likely to be semi-interested will be cancelled first.

Typical. >:/
Dimensional Traveler
2017-09-26 17:51:48 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
What? - Did "The Brave" get left off the ratings list?!...
Yep...I was bad and forgot about it.
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.4demo, 6.2Million viewers (preliminary)
So far, THE BRAVE is the worst rated of the new shows.
Figures - the only new shows I'm likely to be semi-interested will be cancelled first.
Typical. >:/
Of course. Isn't that _why_ you're interested in them?
instinct are running screaming.
David
"Doctor" grew a lot out of "Dancing" (1.5 18-49s) while "Brave" (1.4) fell a lot off "Voice" (2.6). Though word is an ABC affiliate simulcast football.
Obveeus
2017-09-26 19:22:01 UTC
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
"Doctor" grew a lot out of "Dancing" (1.5 18-49s) while "Brave" (1.4) fell a lot off "Voice" (2.6). Though word is an ABC affiliate simulcast football.
That probably means THE GOOD DOCTOR will drop in final ratings, but it
won't do anything to help BRAVE.
anim8rfsk
2017-09-26 17:28:05 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
Yikes for Young Sheldon

What did The Orville end up with for it's premiere after sport?
Obveeus
2017-09-26 19:24:12 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.7demo, 16.6Million viewers (preliminary)
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.7demo, 7.4Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.4demo, 11.8Million viewers (preliminary)
Yikes for Young Sheldon
What did The Orville end up with for it's premiere after sport?
Those are the numbers for the premiere (aired after an NFL game on
Sunday). The first episode of THE ORVILLE to air on Thursday finished
with a 1.1demo and 4Million viewers.
anim8rfsk
David
2017-09-26 20:24:29 UTC
Adjusted numbers are:

"Big Bang" up to 4.1, "Sheldon" up to 3.8, "Good Doctor" down to 2.2 (factoring out Dallas preemption for NFL), "The Brave" down to 1.3

"Me, Myself & I" got a 1.6 after "Kevin Can Wait"s 2.3

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-final-ratings-sept-25-2017/
Obveeus
2017-09-26 21:02:17 UTC
DANCING WITH THE STARS is looking pretty bad at 1.4.
Ian J. Ball
DwtS has always been an "Old Foggies" show - ABC already knows this. They don't care. Not everyone cares about the stupid demos, esp. these days...
Obveeus
2017-09-27 15:44:59 UTC
Updated data:

THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers

LAW&ORDERTRUECRIME: (NBC) 1.7demo, 6.2Million viewers (preliminary)
Obveeus
In final ratings, L&O:TC dropped to a 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
Neill Massello
2017-09-28 02:24:56 UTC
Post by Obveeus
In final ratings, L&O:TC dropped to a 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
First ep was disappointing, rather flat and cliched. I guess I was
spoiled by FX's treatment of the OJ case.
Obveeus
2017-09-28 15:09:17 UTC
Updated data:

THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers

LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers

SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.6Million viewers (preliminary)

SEAL TEAM was the most watched show of the evening, but came in 3rd
place (in the all important demo) for its timeslot behind FOX's
STAR(1.8) and ABC's combo of MODERN FAMILY(2.1) and AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE(1.6).
Robin Miller
2017-09-28 18:48:50 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.6Million viewers (preliminary)
SEAL TEAM was the most watched show of the evening, but came in 3rd
place (in the all important demo) for its timeslot behind FOX's
STAR(1.8) and ABC's combo of MODERN FAMILY(2.1) and AMERICAN
HOUSEWIFE(1.6).
Thanks. I'm interested in seeing how the new shows do.

--Robin
Obveeus
2017-09-29 15:12:58 UTC
Updated data:

THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers

LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers

SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers

WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 2.9demo, 10Million viewers (preliminary)

I'm counting the WILL&GRACE season premiere as a 'new show' because of
the long hiatus.

Side note: While I am sure that the NFL game will rise when the final
numbers come out, it took a major hit (25% or so drop) compared with
last year because of the weather delay...or because of the kneeling
controversy if you want to lie and spin the ratings.
Obveeus
2017-09-30 20:25:19 UTC
Updated data through the first full week of the new season:

THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers

LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers

SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers

WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers

INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.9Million viewers (preliminary)

I suppose INHUMANS' low number is partly due to the number of people who
saw it in the movie theater and partly due to numbers almost always
being lower on Friday, but still, this looks like another short run and
onto the scrap pile series.
anim8rfsk
2017-09-30 21:01:10 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers
WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers
INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.9Million viewers (preliminary)
I suppose INHUMANS' low number is partly due to the number of people who
saw it in the movie theater and partly due to numbers almost always
being lower on Friday, but still, this looks like another short run and
onto the scrap pile series.
The idiot that wrote it is saying season 1 is a complete story but it
won't make any sense unless you see all three seasons. Meanwhile the
people in charge are calling season one "The Complete Series"

BTW the cable went out at the 90 minute mark so I ended up having to
torrent it after all. From Canadia.
Isn't it supposed to be only 8 episodes anyway?
Obveeus
2017-10-01 02:29:16 UTC
Post by suzeeq
THE ORVILLE:  (FOX)  2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS)  1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON:  (CBS)  3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I:  (CBS)  1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR:  (ABC)  2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE:  (NBC)  1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC)  1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
SEAL TEAM:  (CBS)  1.5demo,  9.9Million viewers
WILL&GRACE:  (NBC)  3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers
INHUMANS:  (ABC)  0.9demo, 3.9Million viewers (preliminary)
I suppose INHUMANS' low number is partly due to the number of people
who saw it in the movie theater and partly due to numbers almost
always being lower on Friday, but still, this looks like another short
run and onto the scrap pile series.
Isn't it supposed to be only 8 episodes anyway?
Sure, but just like AGENT CARTER, they were hoping to build on something
longer/more.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-01 03:34:36 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by suzeeq
[...]
The Iron Fist guy thinks they're going 3 seasons. He seems to be along
in this.

BTW, there are apparently TWO versions of the pilot, one for IMAX that's
all wide angles, and one for broadcast that's all close ups, on the
theory (from 1957) that people have little TVs in their living rooms so
everything should be in close up. They made it sound like they actually
shot identical scenes twice with different camera positions, but I can't
believe anybody would be stupid enough not to just zoom in on the IMAX
footage.
Obveeus
Never underestimate people's stupidity.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-01 03:50:36 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by suzeeq
[...]
I know, but really ...
Obveeus
2017-10-02 15:16:48 UTC
Updated data through Sunday October 1st.:

THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers

LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers

SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers

WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers

INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.9Million viewers (preliminary)

WISDOM OF THE CROWD: (CBS) 1.4demo, 8.9Million viewers (preliminary)
GHOSTED: (FOX) 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers (preliminary)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY: (ABC) 0.6demo, 3.5Million viewers (preliminary)

TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY is the current lowest rated debut for a new
series this season...and it looks like a prime candidate for first
cancellation of the new season.
Ian J. Ball
2017-10-02 15:26:17 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers
WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers
INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.9Million viewers (preliminary)
WISDOM OF THE CROWD: (CBS) 1.4demo, 8.9Million viewers (preliminary)
GHOSTED: (FOX) 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers (preliminary)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY: (ABC) 0.6demo, 3.5Million viewers (preliminary)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY is the current lowest rated debut for a new
series this season...and it looks like a prime candidate for first
cancellation of the new season.
Yep - with those ratings, it won't make it to November...
2017-10-02 15:28:23 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers
WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers
INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.9Million viewers (preliminary)
This one seems to be clearly dead on arrival. With all the comments
I've seen I can't see it picking up more viewers as it goes on and
even if it maintained that rating I can't see ABC renewing the show.
Post by Obveeus
WISDOM OF THE CROWD: (CBS) 1.4demo, 8.9Million viewers (preliminary)
GHOSTED: (FOX) 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers (preliminary)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY: (ABC) 0.6demo, 3.5Million viewers (preliminary)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY is the current lowest rated debut for a new
series this season...and it looks like a prime candidate for first
cancellation of the new season.
Yeah, hard to imagine a show that did worse than the INHUMANS, but I
guess a lot of people wanted to check out that show while TEN DAYS IN
THE VALLEY didn't have the genre crowd to pump up the initial ratings.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-02 15:59:47 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers
WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers
INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.9Million viewers (preliminary)
This one seems to be clearly dead on arrival. With all the comments
I've seen I can't see it picking up more viewers as it goes on and
even if it maintained that rating I can't see ABC renewing the show.
It won't be renewed (unless MARVEL needs it to for whatever reason) but
it has an outside chance of getting better ratings with episode 3 since
that one hasn't been shown theatrically.
Obveeus
2017-10-02 16:32:03 UTC
Post by Obveeus
[...]
Also, that 0.9 isn't a bad rating for Friday. We shall see if it can
hold that number, though.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-02 17:18:17 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
[...]
Yeah, what's with tossing one of the most expensive shows made into the
death slot anyway?
Obveeus
2017-10-02 17:57:34 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
[...]
To be fair, ABC has a whole bunch of 'death slots'. Tuesday at 10pm
Eastern, for example killed off lots of shows before AGENTS of SHIELD
was dumped their last year to accumulate episode count for syndication.

I think the Friday 9pm slot is actually better than the Friday 8pm slot
just because ratings tend to drift upward on Friday as people return home.

As for INHUMANS being really expensive...will that be the case for
anything other than the 'movie' portion of the show?
anim8rfsk
2017-10-02 18:04:32 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
[...]
They say the series (8 eps) dumped more than $100m into the Hawai'ian
economy ...
Obveeus
Was that $100 million 'dumped' in cash or in tax credits?
anim8rfsk
2017-10-02 18:14:25 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
[...]
It was an article about incentives, so it's hard to say what the actual
cash value was. Still, even with incentives and multipliers, they're
talking way more than even STD costs.
Robin Miller
2017-10-02 18:13:02 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
[...]
Shouldn't have cancelled Forever!

--Robin
Obveeus
I totally agree.
Robin Miller
2017-10-02 15:29:09 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers
WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers
INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.9Million viewers (preliminary)
WISDOM OF THE CROWD: (CBS) 1.4demo, 8.9Million viewers (preliminary)
GHOSTED: (FOX) 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers (preliminary)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY: (ABC) 0.6demo, 3.5Million viewers (preliminary)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY is the current lowest rated debut for a new
series this season...and it looks like a prime candidate for first
cancellation of the new season.
Wow, that's tiny. Maybe I'll hold off on watching my recording. It's
surprising to me, as Kyra Sedgwick seems pretty bankable, and the
subject of the show I found interesting.

BTW, renew/cancel TV is speculating that NBC has given up on The Brave
because NBC replaced Friday’s scheduled repeat with a Law & Order True
Crime encore. Renew/cancel TV actually says The Brave has been
cancelled. I think that's too strong a statement, but we'll find out
tomorrow.

http://renewcanceltv.com/brave-cancelled-nbc-no-season-2/

--Robin
anim8rfsk
2017-10-02 15:44:44 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers
WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers
INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.9Million viewers (preliminary)
WISDOM OF THE CROWD: (CBS) 1.4demo, 8.9Million viewers (preliminary)
GHOSTED: (FOX) 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers (preliminary)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY: (ABC) 0.6demo, 3.5Million viewers (preliminary)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY is the current lowest rated debut for a new
series this season...and it looks like a prime candidate for first
cancellation of the new season.
Hey, did they pay any lip service to the Charlize Theron classic TWO
DAYS IN THE VALLEY or is it just a shameless rip off?
2017-10-02 15:50:52 UTC
Post by Obveeus
[...]
Reminds me: Charlize is guest-starring on THE ORVILLE this week. They
must have something on her.
Obveeus
2017-10-02 16:37:34 UTC
Post by Obveeus
[...]
Liam Neeson was on last week. and Kelly Hu is on 2 weeks from now. I
think this is the kind of show that the actors are eager to get on.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-02 17:16:21 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
[...]
Kelly Hu is the kind of actor that viewers are eager to get on.

She didn't last very long on THE HUNDRED though ...
2017-10-02 18:16:36 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
[...]
Maybe, but I thought MacFarlane was calling in some favors. Neeson
cameoed, but Theron is guest-starring. (I had to look up Kelly Hu.)
RichA
Sad a series about a looney doctor beats Star Trek. Maybe if they doctor had been black...
Obveeus
2017-10-03 15:22:49 UTC
Updated data through Monday Oct. 2nd premieres:

THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers

LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers

SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers

WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers

INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.8Million viewers

WISDOM OF THE CROWD: (CBS) 1.3demo, 8.8Million viewers
GHOSTED: (FOX) 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY: (ABC) 0.5demo, 3.4Million viewers

9JKL: 1.6demo, 8.3Million viewers (preliminary)
THE GIFTED: (FOX) 1.5demo, 4.8Million viewers (preliminary)

The 9JKL rating is really bad considering that it had THE BIG BANG
THEORY as a lead-in (3.0demo dropped to 1.6demo).

THE GIFTED outperformed lead-in LUCIFER by a wide margin (1.1demo vs.
1.5demo).
David
2017-10-03 16:15:22 UTC
Post by Obveeus
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
"The Good Doctor" grew in week 2. "Dancing" was also up big. "The Brave" actually held up well.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/ratings/the-good-doctor-abc-ratings-1202579023/

“The Good Doctor” - 2.4 rating in 18-49 (up 9%), 11.5 million viewers (up 2%)

“Dancing with the Stars” - 1.6 18-49s, 9.5 million viewers (both up over 30%)

“The Brave” - 1.2 18-49s, 5.4 million viewers
Robin Miller
2017-10-03 16:32:04 UTC
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
"The Good Doctor" grew in week 2. "Dancing" was also up big. "The Brave" actually held up well.
http://variety.com/2017/tv/ratings/the-good-doctor-abc-ratings-1202579023/
“The Good Doctor” - 2.4 rating in 18-49 (up 9%), 11.5 million viewers (up 2%)
“Dancing with the Stars” - 1.6 18-49s, 9.5 million viewers (both up over 30%)
“The Brave” - 1.2 18-49s, 5.4 million viewers
The Brave started low and is trending down. That's not good.

--Robin
David
2017-10-03 16:40:43 UTC
If it's close to leveling off it may be in the neighborhood of "The Blacklist" and last season's "Blindspot."
Robin Miller
2017-10-03 17:23:20 UTC
Post by David
Post by Robin Miller
Post by David
“The Brave” - 1.2 18-49s, 5.4 million viewers
The Brave started low and is trending down. That's not good.
If it's close to leveling off it may be in the neighborhood of "The Blacklist" and last season's "Blindspot."
While it seems like all the individual episodes of Blindspot and The
Blacklist (and SVU, for that matter) get about a 1.3 in the demo, this
says the shows finished quite a bit higher than that:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/2016-2017-tv-season-ratings-series-rankings-list-1202102340/

Blacklist: 2.0

SVU: 1.9

Blindspot: 1.7

It doesn't seem possible, but that's what the chart says.

--Robin
David
2017-10-03 17:28:59 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by David
Post by Robin Miller
Post by David
“The Brave” - 1.2 18-49s, 5.4 million viewers
The Brave started low and is trending down. That's not good.
If it's close to leveling off it may be in the neighborhood of "The Blacklist" and last season's "Blindspot."
While it seems like all the individual episodes of Blindspot and The
Blacklist (and SVU, for that matter) get about a 1.3 in the demo, this
http://deadline.com/2017/05/2016-2017-tv-season-ratings-series-rankings-list-1202102340/
That's probably L+7. Here are same-day rankings:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/final-same-day-adults-18-49-ratings-for-2016-17-nfl-and-big-bang-theory-lead-a-down-year/

"Blacklist" and "Blindspot" both got a 1.0
Obveeus
2017-10-03 18:26:04 UTC
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
"The Good Doctor" grew in week 2. "Dancing" was also up big.
...both Kansas City and Washington DC ABC affiliates were airing
football. The final numbers will come down.
Robin Miller
2017-10-03 16:33:52 UTC
Post by Obveeus
[...]
Thanks again for doing this.

So 10 Days in the Valley dropped from 0.6 to 0.5 in the final ratings?
It can't last long. Too bad; it was a show I was interested in. Given
the miserable ratings, I am going to hold off on watching the premiere.

--Robin
Obveeus
yw
Obveeus
2017-10-04 15:13:02 UTC
Updated through Tuesday October 3rd.

THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers

LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers

SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers

WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers

INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.8Million viewers

WISDOM OF THE CROWD: (CBS) 1.3demo, 8.8Million viewers
GHOSTED: (FOX) 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY: (ABC) 0.5demo, 3.4Million viewers

9JKL: 1.6demo, 8.2Million viewers
THE GIFTED: (FOX) 1.5demo, 4.9Million viewers

THE MAYOR: (ABC) 1.2demo, 4.1Million viewers (preliminary)
KEVIN PROBABLY SAVES THE WORLD: (ABC) 1.0demo, 4.2Million viewers
(preliminary)

Neither THE MAYOR nor KEVIN PROBABLY SAVES THE WORLD had very good
starts, but neither was a total failure, either.

Meanwhile, last week's LAW&ORDER TRUE CRIME was 1.6demo, 6.1million
viewers and this week it fell to 1.2demo, 5.1million viewers. That is a
pretty hefty 25%demo drop, and a very weak performance considering that
it had a 3.1demo, 10.9million viewer lead-in from THIS IS US.
David
2017-10-04 15:27:20 UTC
Not a terrible hold from "Black-ish" (1.5 18-49s, 4.7 million viewers).
anim8rfsk
2017-10-04 15:33:49 UTC
Post by Obveeus
[...]
So if every viewer of THE INHUMANS gave them a dollar, they'd have
enough to make 20 minutes of STD?
Obveeus
2017-10-04 15:54:05 UTC
Post by Obveeus
[...]
That sounds about right, though some INHUMANS viewers are still
expecting the next episode to rise in the ratings as people will not
have been able to see it in the theaters beforehand.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-04 16:51:40 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
[...]
Oooo, ooo, me, me!

Although 'not so much rise as plummet' is a distinct possibility.

BTW the number of people offering torrents of STD is still surprisingly
low.
2017-10-04 17:24:29 UTC
Post by Obveeus
[...]
With the "right" partner it doesn't take that long to catch one. :P
instinct are running screaming.
Obveeus
2017-10-10 15:12:45 UTC
Ratings for series premieres updated through October 10th, 2017.

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers

LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers

SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers

WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers

INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.8Million viewers

WISDOM OF THE CROWD: (CBS) 1.3demo, 8.8Million viewers
GHOSTED: (FOX) 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY: (ABC) 0.5demo, 3.4Million viewers

9JKL: 1.6demo, 8.2Million viewers
THE GIFTED: (FOX) 1.5demo, 4.9Million viewers

THE MAYOR: (ABC) 1.2demo, 4.1Million viewers
KEVIN PROBABLY SAVES THE WORLD: (ABC) 1.0demo, 4.2Million viewers

VALOR: (CW) 0.3demo, 1.2Million viewers (preliminary)

As expected, the CW series premiere for VALOR sets a new low water mark
for the season.

In other new series news most recent episodes:

THE GOOD DOCTOR has dropped to a 1.9demo 10.6million viewers.
9JKL has dropped to 1.5demo 7.7million viewers.
ME, MYSELF, & I has dropped to 1.1demo 5.0million viewers.
THE GIFTED has dropped to 1.2demo, 3.9million viewers.
Robin Miller

--Robin
Obveeus
2017-10-10 17:14:57 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Obveeus
[...]
No problem...and we are just about done with Fall premieres. Only
DYNASTY remains...and it may be negatively affected by Netflix...then
another 3 weeks or so before S.W.A.T. finally straggles out of the gate.
Obveeus
2017-10-12 15:09:12 UTC
Updated through Wednesday October 11th.

THE ORVILLE: (FOX) 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers

STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS) 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers

YOUNG SHELDON: (CBS) 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I: (CBS) 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR: (ABC) 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE: (NBC) 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers

LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC) 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers

SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers

WILL&GRACE: (NBC) 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers

INHUMANS: (ABC) 0.9demo, 3.8Million viewers

WISDOM OF THE CROWD: (CBS) 1.3demo, 8.8Million viewers
GHOSTED: (FOX) 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY: (ABC) 0.5demo, 3.4Million viewers

9JKL: 1.6demo, 8.2Million viewers
THE GIFTED: (FOX) 1.5demo, 4.9Million viewers

THE MAYOR: (ABC) 1.2demo, 4.1Million viewers
KEVIN PROBABLY SAVES THE WORLD: (ABC) 1.0demo, 4.2Million viewers

VALOR: (CW) 0.3demo, 1.2Million viewers

DYNASTY: (CW) 0.4demo, 1.3Million viewers (preliminary)

The CW series premiere for DYNASTY edged out the premiere for CW series,
VALOR, and so VALOR maintains the low water mark for the Fall season.

In other freshman news, SEAL TEAM fell to a 1.2demo, 7.9million viewers
this week.

For the second Wednesday in a row, no TV show managed to even reach a
2.0 in the demo (EMPIRE 1.9 and MODERN FAMILY 1.8 came closest).

SURVIVOR had the largest number of viewers last night with 7.9million,
just slightly ahead of SEAL TEAM and typical for CBS to outnumber other
networks due to their old people parked here status.
Obveeus
2017-10-12 20:12:22 UTC
Post by Obveeus
[...]
In the final ratings, DYNASTY fell to a 0.3demo and 1.3million viewers.
So, DYNASTY and VALOR tie for worst rsated new series.
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY is the worst rated new series on the main networks.
In the final numbers, EMPIRE moved up to a 2.0 rating.
Obveeus
2017-10-12 20:17:14 UTC
Post by Obveeus
For the second Wednesday in a row, no TV show managed to even reach a
2.0 in the demo (EMPIRE 1.9 and MODERN FAMILY 1.8 came closest).
In the final numbers, EMPIRE moved up to a 2.0 rating.
In cable news, one cable show beat out everything on broadcast TV:

Baseball's AL division Series playoff scored a 2.16demo on FoxSports.

In cable season premiere news:

MR. ROBOT: (USA) 0.30demo, 681,000 viewers.
SHANNARA CHRONICLES: (SPI) 0.10demo, 314,000 viewers.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-12 20:27:43 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
For the second Wednesday in a row, no TV show managed to even reach a
2.0 in the demo (EMPIRE 1.9 and MODERN FAMILY 1.8 came closest).
In the final numbers, EMPIRE moved up to a 2.0 rating.
Baseball's AL division Series playoff scored a 2.16demo on FoxSports.
MR. ROBOT: (USA) 0.30demo, 681,000 viewers.
SHANNARA CHRONICLES: (SPI) 0.10demo, 314,000 viewers.
The Twitter says The Shat is going to watch Shannara.
Robin Miller
2017-10-12 21:43:26 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
Post by Obveeus
Updated through Wednesday October 11th.
THE ORVILLE:Â (FOX)Â 2.7demo, 8.6Million viewers
STAR TREK DISCOVERY: (CBS)Â 1.9demo, 9.5Million viewers
YOUNG SHELDON:Â (CBS)Â 3.8demo, 17.2Million viewers
ME, MYSELF, & I:Â (CBS)Â 1.6demo, 7.5Million viewers
THE GOOD DOCTOR:Â (ABC)Â 2.2demo, 11.2Million viewers
THE BRAVE:Â (NBC)Â 1.3demo, 6.0Million viewers
LAW&ORDER TC: (NBC)Â 1.6demo, 6.1Million viewers
SEAL TEAM: (CBS) 1.5demo, 9.9Million viewers
WILL&GRACE:Â (NBC)Â 3.0demo, 10.2Million viewers
INHUMANS:Â (ABC)Â 0.9demo, 3.8Million viewers
WISDOM OF THE CROWD:Â (CBS)Â 1.3demo, 8.8Million viewers
GHOSTED:Â (FOX)Â 1.4demo, 3.6Million viewers
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY:Â (ABC)Â 0.5demo, 3.4Million viewers
9JKL:Â Â 1.6demo, 8.2Million viewers
THE GIFTED:Â (FOX)Â 1.5demo, 4.9Million viewers
THE MAYOR:Â (ABC)Â 1.2demo, 4.1Million viewers
KEVIN PROBABLY SAVES THE WORLD:Â (ABC)Â 1.0demo, 4.2Million viewers
VALOR: (CW) 0.3demo, 1.2Million viewers
DYNASTY:Â (CW)Â 0.4demo, 1.3Million viewers (preliminary)
Post by Obveeus
For the second Wednesday in a row, no TV show managed to even reach a
2.0 in the demo (EMPIRE 1.9 and MODERN FAMILY 1.8 came closest).
In the final numbers, EMPIRE moved up to a 2.0 rating.
Baseball's AL division Series playoff scored a 2.16demo on FoxSports.
MR. ROBOT: (USA) 0.30demo, 681,000 viewers.
SHANNARA CHRONICLES: (SPI) 0.10demo, 314,000 viewers.
The Twitter says The Shat is going to watch Shannara.
For Shannara, that's a 75% drop in last season's average demo rating and
a 65% drop in total views from last season's average:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/shannara-chronicles-season-one-ratings/

This is consistent with planned destruction of the series, although I
assume (or assumed, maybe no longer) that the switch was made to provide
content for the new Paramount Network channel.

For Mr. Robot, that ties last season's average demo rating and is about
an 8% drop from last season's average total viewers:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/mr-robot-season-two-ratings/

--Robin
Ian J. Ball
2017-10-12 22:28:37 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
MR. ROBOT: (USA) 0.30demo, 681,000 viewers.
SHANNARA CHRONICLES: (SPI) 0.10demo, 314,000 viewers.
The Twitter says The Shat is going to watch Shannara.
For Shannara, that's a 75% drop in last season's average demo rating and
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/shannara-chronicles-season-one-ratings/
This is consistent with planned destruction of the series, although I
assume (or assumed, maybe no longer) that the switch was made to provide
content for the new Paramount Network channel.
--Robin
But it makes no sense to do that if you're not going to *promote* it.

"Shannara" definitely shows all the signs of being "pre-cancelled" after S2...