Today's premieres and other notes (Monday, Sept. 11)
Add Reply
Robin Miller
2017-09-11 19:24:28 UTC
Newton’s Law [new to US] (Acorn TV)

8-part Australian series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5951152/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_Law_(TV_series)

Monday Night Football (season 48 premiere) (7 pm, ESPN)

Doubleheader tonight, with my San Diego Chargers as the second game .
Oh, wait ....

I am Frankie (time slot premiere) (7:30 pm, Nickelodeon)

A cutting edge, experimental android navigates the perils and wonders of
being a teenager in I Am Frankie, Nickelodeon's newest serialized
live-action show. I Am Frankie tells the story of Frankie Gaines (Alex
Hook), who looks like any other human girl, but harbors a big
secret--she functions as a high-tech computer, complete with internet
access, extensive memory and more. The series premieres daily, Monday
through Friday, at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. After escaping from
tech company EGG Labs to avoid being used for evil purposes, Frankie
enrolls in high school in an attempt to pass as a typical teenager.
Despite having an inside full of wires and circuits, Frankie begins to
adapt well by bonding with her new best friend Dayton (Nicole Alyse
Nelson), juggling loads of homework and dealing with boy crushes, all
while keeping her true identity a secret. Suspicion soon arises about
Frankie, as popular girls Tammy (Mohana Krishnan), Lucia (Uriel
Baldesco) and Makayla (Kristi Beckett) question her quick victory during
a math competition. To complicate things even further, Frankie's wiring
goes haywire as she starts experiencing human emotion, creating more
challenges and adventurous fun. How long can she keep her true identity
a secret while maintaining herself as a normal teenager?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5620962/

http://www.nick.com/i-am-frankie/

Bachelor in Paradise (season 4 finale) (8 pm, ABC)

Hooten & The Lady (season 1 and series finale) (9 pm, CW)

Preacher (season 2 finale) (9 to 10:15 pm, AMC)

Not yet renewed or cancelled, but evidence suggests it's coming back:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/30/amc-renew-preacher-season-3/

American Dad (season 12 finale) (10 pm, TBS)

Renewed for season 13.

Talking Preacher (special) (10:15 pm, AMC)

Cable reality:

Mega Decks (season 3 premiere) (9 pm, DIY)

Fatal Attraction (season 7 premiere) (9 pm, TV One)

Jill & Jessa: Counting On (season 5 fall premiere) (9 pm, TLC)

Thou Shalt Not [new] (10 pm, TV One)

The true crime series Thou Shalt Not pulls back the curtain on
individuals who commit the gravest of crimes and sins, breaking the Ten
Commandments in the process. Murders, scandals, cover-ups, and deadly
affairs are just a few of the stories in each episode's examination of
Godless behavior. "What makes Thou Shalt Not different is that each
story has a direct connection to a religious or spiritual way of life,"
says Jubba Seyyid, TV One Senior Director of Programming & Production.
"Using the expertise of spiritual advisors along with the subtle
intricacies of religious iconography, Thou Shalt Not, delves into a
space where most shows dare not go." Each episode examines two stories
of people who are connected by the theme of their crimes, one of the
Commandments: Worshipping False Gods, Idolatry, Taking the Lord's Name
in Vain, Violating the Sabbath, Disrespecting Your Parents, Murder,
Adultery, Stealing, Lying and Jealousy. Through first person interviews
with family, friends, and experts, the viewer sees a picture of the
perpetrator's former life - and how things spiraled.

Meet the Putmans [new] (10 pm, TLC)

Bill and Barb Putman seem like they have an average American family.
They have been married for 32 years, have four great kids and love to
spend time with their grandchildren, but their still-growing family does
things a little bit differently. This 25-person family lives under one
roof, shares one bathroom, pools all of their finances, and helps raise
all of the kids as one family unit. Each episode will not only detail
the little things that test this large household, but also highlight
those extreme "for better or worse" moments they experience as both
couples and a family.

https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/meet-the-putmans/

Tomorrow's scripted and network premieres:

The Mindy Project (final season 6 premiere) (3:01 am, Hulu)

This final season will see Chris Messina return for multiple episodes,
while Reese Witherspoon will also guest.

https://www.hulu.com/the-mindy-project

--Robin
anim8rfsk
2017-09-11 19:42:24 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Hooten & The Lady (season 1 and series finale) (9 pm, CW)
HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!
HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!
HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!

Give a Hoot. Watch a Hoot! It's the final Hoot ... :(
Thanks a Hoot,> --Robin
Obveeus
Have you heard a hoot from Ubi?
anim8rfsk
2017-09-11 21:59:47 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Hooten & The Lady (season 1 and series finale) (9 pm, CW)
HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!
HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!
HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!
Give a Hoot. Watch a Hoot! It's the final Hoot ... :(
Have you heard a hoot from Ubi?
Yes, he's fine. He ended up bailing and heading north, a 4 hour drive
that took twice that long.
Obveeus
Judging by the weather maps, he may have gotten more rain by driving north.
Dimensional Traveler
2017-09-12 02:23:43 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Have you heard a hoot from Ubi?
Yes, he's fine. He ended up bailing and heading north, a 4 hour drive
that took twice that long.
I'll bet he could have done it in 1 hour if he'd put a para-sail wing on
the roof. :D
instinct are running screaming.
anim8rfsk
2017-09-12 03:00:13 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Have you heard a hoot from Ubi?
Yes, he's fine. He ended up bailing and heading north, a 4 hour drive
that took twice that long.
I'll bet he could have done it in 1 hour if he'd put a para-sail wing on
the roof. :D
Have you seen the new Hammacher Schlemacher catalog?
2017-09-12 04:38:26 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Have you heard a hoot from Ubi?
Yes, he's fine. He ended up bailing and heading north, a 4 hour drive
that took twice that long.
I'll bet he could have done it in 1 hour if he'd put a para-sail wing on
the roof. :D
Have you seen the new Hammacher Schlemacher catalog?
I can't even afford to look at it, let alone buy anything in it.
instinct are running screaming.
anim8rfsk
2017-09-12 05:44:34 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Have you heard a hoot from Ubi?
Yes, he's fine. He ended up bailing and heading north, a 4 hour drive
that took twice that long.
I'll bet he could have done it in 1 hour if he'd put a para-sail wing on
the roof. :D
Have you seen the new Hammacher Schlemacher catalog?
I can't even afford to look at it, let alone buy anything in it.
It has a parasailing dune buggy :)
2017-09-12 15:07:57 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Have you heard a hoot from Ubi?
Yes, he's fine. He ended up bailing and heading north, a 4 hour drive
that took twice that long.
I'll bet he could have done it in 1 hour if he'd put a para-sail wing on
the roof. :D
Have you seen the new Hammacher Schlemacher catalog?
I can't even afford to look at it, let alone buy anything in it.
It has a parasailing dune buggy :)
Well, that's not so good when it raining like a hurricane.
instinct are running screaming.
Obveeus
Perhaps you would prefer the MARRY POPPINS option?
Jim G.
2017-09-12 17:00:58 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Have you heard a hoot from Ubi?
Yes, he's fine. He ended up bailing and heading north, a 4 hour drive
that took twice that long.
I'll bet he could have done it in 1 hour if he'd put a para-sail wing on
the roof. :D
Have you seen the new Hammacher Schlemacher catalog?
I can't even afford to look at it, let alone buy anything in it.
It has a parasailing dune buggy :)
Can they scale that up to RV size? It might come in handy for you when
you're tooling around near that big crack in the ground out there in
your neck of the woods. Neck of the sand. Whatever.
"I intend to save her beautiful, stubborn ass. And if you keep being
weird about this, I intend to poke you in the lung hole." -- D'avin
Jaqobis, KILLJOYS
anim8rfsk
2017-09-12 17:28:39 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Have you heard a hoot from Ubi?
Yes, he's fine. He ended up bailing and heading north, a 4 hour drive
that took twice that long.
I'll bet he could have done it in 1 hour if he'd put a para-sail wing on
the roof. :D
Have you seen the new Hammacher Schlemacher catalog?
I can't even afford to look at it, let alone buy anything in it.
It has a parasailing dune buggy :)
Can they scale that up to RV size? It might come in handy for you when
you're tooling around near that big crack in the ground out there in
your neck of the woods. Neck of the sand. Whatever.
We could call it the "Susie Saver 6000"
Jim G.
2017-09-12 18:28:05 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Dimensional Traveler
I can't even afford to look at it, let alone buy anything in it.
It has a parasailing dune buggy :)
Can they scale that up to RV size? It might come in handy for you when
you're tooling around near that big crack in the ground out there in
your neck of the woods. Neck of the sand. Whatever.
We could call it the "Susie Saver 6000"
Nice try, but we've already determined that you were alone in the RV --
and in the bathroom, no less -- when the incident occurred. I'm pretty
sure that you owe her some ice cream over this vicious attack on her
driving skills.
Jaqobis, KILLJOYS
anim8rfsk
2017-09-12 18:37:01 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Dimensional Traveler
I can't even afford to look at it, let alone buy anything in it.
It has a parasailing dune buggy :)
Can they scale that up to RV size? It might come in handy for you when
you're tooling around near that big crack in the ground out there in
your neck of the woods. Neck of the sand. Whatever.
We could call it the "Susie Saver 6000"
Nice try, but we've already determined that you were alone in the RV --
and in the bathroom, no less -- when the incident occurred. I'm pretty
sure that you owe her some ice cream over this vicious attack on her
driving skills.
She wasn't driving. She was eating pie back at the diner.
Jim G.
2017-09-12 21:18:38 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Dimensional Traveler
I can't even afford to look at it, let alone buy anything in it.
It has a parasailing dune buggy :)
Can they scale that up to RV size? It might come in handy for you when
you're tooling around near that big crack in the ground out there in
your neck of the woods. Neck of the sand. Whatever.
We could call it the "Susie Saver 6000"
Nice try, but we've already determined that you were alone in the RV --
and in the bathroom, no less -- when the incident occurred. I'm pretty
sure that you owe her some ice cream over this vicious attack on her
driving skills.
She wasn't driving. She was eating pie back at the diner.
Wouldn't that make the pie the "Susie Saver"?
Jaqobis, KILLJOYS
suzeeq
My navigation skills you mean. But thank you.
Jim G.
2017-09-12 21:27:17 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Dimensional Traveler
I can't even afford to look at it, let alone buy anything in it.
It has a parasailing dune buggy :)
Can they scale that up to RV size? It might come in handy for you when
you're tooling around near that big crack in the ground out there in
your neck of the woods. Neck of the sand. Whatever.
We could call it the "Susie Saver 6000"
Nice try, but we've already determined that you were alone in the RV --
and in the bathroom, no less -- when the incident occurred. I'm pretty
sure that you owe her some ice cream over this vicious attack on her
driving skills.
My navigation skills you mean. But thank you.
Anim reminded me that it's all about your pie-eating skills this time.
But you're welcome. :)
Jaqobis, KILLJOYS
b***@gmail.com
Hammacher Schlemacher? or Hammacher Schlemmer?
suzeeq
You've 3 times as many hoots as there were episodes. I did like it too.
anim8rfsk
2017-09-12 02:28:21 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Hooten & The Lady (season 1 and series finale) (9 pm, CW)
HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!
HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!
HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!
Give a Hoot. Watch a Hoot! It's the final Hoot ... :(
Thanks a Hoot,> --Robin
You've 3 times as many hoots as there were episodes. I did like it too.
There may be that many episodes eventually; after all, this is only the
summer finale!
Obveeus
2017-09-11 21:39:42 UTC
http://youtu.be/L89pAWJeulo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5951152/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_Law_(TV_series)
Monday Night Football         (season 48 premiere)         (7 pm, ESPN)
Doubleheader tonight, with my San Diego Chargers as the second game .
Oh, wait ....
I see what you did there.
Preacher       (season 2 finale)        (9 to 10:15 pm, AMC)
I'm sure it will be back. Fun show.
The Mindy Project        (final season 6 premiere)         (3:01 am, Hulu)
This final season will see Chris Messina return for multiple episodes,
Good to hear that he will return to the show...even if 'multiple
episodes' means 'not for the season'.
Ian J. Ball
2017-09-11 23:11:33 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Monday Night Football         (season 48 premiere)         (7 pm, ESPN)
Doubleheader tonight, with my San Diego Chargers as the second game .
Oh, wait ....
I see what you did there.
I blame Dean Spanos for ruining football.
Post by Obveeus
:E
t***@gmail.com
2017-09-12 01:18:46 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
http://youtu.be/tAnaAhFn4uA
On this anniversary of the worst terrorist attack in US history, we revisit the speech given shortly after the attack by President GW Bush, that alone encapsulates this born again Christian's propensity to break all ten commandments in one breath. See if you can find the ten broken commandments by GW.

"They Hate Us For Our Freedoms"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/nation/specials/attacked/transcripts/bushaddress_092001.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-wallechinsky/why-do-they-hate-us_2_b_957277.html

The best homicide detectives, while investigating serial killers, try to understand the thinking of their adversaries. The best generals try to understand the mindset of their enemies before going into battle. The same process applies to fighting terrorism. There is little that can be done to change the minds of fanatics. However, by looking at the actions of the United States from the point of view of potential enemies, it is possible to significantly reduce the number the people who actually try to commit terrorist acts against us.
RichA
2017-09-12 01:54:30 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Newton’s Law [new to US] (Acorn TV)
8-part Australian series.
http://youtu.be/L89pAWJeulo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5951152/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_Law_(TV_series)
Screeching feminist alert!!

"with her marriage collapsing and motherhood fast losing its charm"