506 shot and killed. 2,433 shot and wounded.
Add Reply
i***@gmail.com
2017-10-08 02:46:19 UTC
No, not Las Vegas. No, not Afghanistan. Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
Democrat controlled, Obama's adopted home town, the strictest gun laws in America.

506 shot and killed. 2,433 shot and wounded. 2,939 shot in total. The vast majority are blacks
shooting and killing other blacks.

The outrage expressed by Democrats ........... crickets
The media coverage from the left wing press ......... crickets.
The amount of liberal hypocrisy displayed ............ off the charts!

Irish Mike

Obama’s legacy is President Trump
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-08 02:56:16 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
No, not Las Vegas. No, not Afghanistan. Those are the 2017 Y-T-D
homicide results for Chicago.
Democrat controlled, Obama's adopted home town, the strictest gun laws in America.
Irish, did you ever hear of McDonald v Chicago (2010), the case that found
local gun ordinances unconstitutional? Chicago doesn't have replacement laws.

Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America. That's where the
guns tend to come from.
Well, I find it outrageous. I guess I'm nobody.
RichA
Sure you do. Gonna march in the streets and disrupt things, like BLM does over a handful of black deaths by cop each year?
Adam H. Kerman
I'm not all that disruptive.
Ed Stasiak
2017-10-08 06:14:12 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
trotsky
2017-10-08 12:32:41 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
Good point, because the population densities are so comparable, right?

How weird, you made a false equivalency just like Thanny would do.
FPP
2017-10-08 12:41:01 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
Who CARES about Chicago stats? They have ZERO relevance to the matter
at hand.

The gun nut in Las Vegas wasn't in Chicago.
He didn't shoot anybody in Chicago.
He didn't come from Chicago.
He wasn't going to Chicago.

Unless he really liked Chicago style pizza, Chicago has nothing to do
with anything involved in this last incident.

Neither did the nut in Newtowne. Or Virginia Tech. Or Orlando.
But they all have at least two things in common.
--
"Donald Trump accepted the Republican nomination Thursday July 22nd."
"ISIS claimed responsibility". - J. P. Shanley
FPP
2017-10-08 12:43:11 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
They buy the guns in Indiana (or wherever else the laws are lax) and
bring them to Chicago.
You're making the point that unless the same laws apply everywhere, they
don't matter anywhere.
BTR1701
2017-10-08 15:02:52 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
They buy the guns in Indiana (or wherever else the laws are lax) and
bring them to Chicago.
You're making the point that unless the same laws apply everywhere, they
don't matter anywhere.
No, he's making the point that even with those much-lamented 'lax' gun
laws, the entire state of Indiana has a far lower gun crime rate than does
just one city in Illinois, leading anyone with a brain to the conclusion
that something other than guns is the cause of the festering cancer in
Chicago.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-08 16:11:55 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed. 2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
They buy the guns in Indiana (or wherever else the laws are lax) and
bring them to Chicago.
You're making the point that unless the same laws apply everywhere, they
don't matter anywhere.
No, he's making the point that even with those much-lamented 'lax' gun
laws, the entire state of Indiana has a far lower gun crime rate than does
just one city in Illinois, leading anyone with a brain to the conclusion
that something other than guns is the cause of the festering cancer in
Chicago.
I'm making the point that Indiana isn't doing fuck all to prevent
nominee gun purchases, which is pretty goddamn outrageous.
Ed Stasiak
2017-10-08 16:35:10 UTC
No, he's making the point that even with those much-lamented 'lax' gun
laws, the entire state of Indiana has a far lower gun crime rate than does
just one city in Illinois, leading anyone with a brain to the conclusion
that something other than guns is the cause of the festering cancer in
Chicago.
I'm making the point that Indiana isn't doing fuck all to prevent
nominee gun purchases, which is pretty goddamn outrageous.
Indiana’s gun laws have fuck all to do with Chicago’s murder rate, just as
they have fuck all to do with Detroit’s murder rate, or Compton’s or Camden
or D.C. and any other predominantly Black area.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-08 18:06:27 UTC
No, he's making the point that even with those much-lamented 'lax' gun=
=20
laws, the entire state of Indiana has a far lower gun crime rate than d=
oes=20
just one city in Illinois, leading anyone with a brain to the conclusio=
n=20
that something other than guns is the cause of the festering cancer in=
=20
Chicago.=20
I'm making the point that Indiana isn't doing fuck all to prevent=20
nominee gun purchases, which is pretty goddamn outrageous.=20
Indiana=E2=80=99s gun laws have fuck all to do with Chicago=E2=80=99s murde=
r rate, just as
they have fuck all to do with Detroit=E2=80=99s murder rate, or Compton=E2=
=80=99s or Camden
or D.C. and any other predominantly Black area.
This is a lie. That's like saying places where opium is grown have nothing
to do with drug abuse by heroin addicts. It's all part of the chain of
crime. If the chain is disrupted in one spot, then the subsequent crimes
don't occur. Yeah, the supply chain gets rerouted, but don't lie about
the fact that crimes occur all along the supply chain.
Ed Stasiak
2017-10-08 21:19:41 UTC
Indiana’s gun laws have fuck all to do with Chicago’s murder rate, just as
they have fuck all to do with Detroit’s murder rate, or Compton’s or Camden
or D.C. and any other predominantly Black area.
This is a lie. That's like saying places where opium is grown have nothing
to do with drug abuse by heroin addicts. It's all part of the chain of crime.
If the chain is disrupted in one spot, then the subsequent crimes don't occur.
Yeah, the supply chain gets rerouted, but don't lie about the fact that crimes
occur all along the supply chain.
Then why aren’t the murders happening all along the supply chain, including
Indiana with it’s “lax guns laws” and in your overwhelmingly White part of
Chicago?

Guns are not and have never been the problem.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-09 00:05:57 UTC
Indiana=E2=80=99s gun laws have fuck all to do with Chicago=E2=80=99s m=
urder rate, just as=20
they have fuck all to do with Detroit=E2=80=99s murder rate, or Compton=
=E2=80=99s or Camden=20
or D.C. and any other predominantly Black area.
This is a lie. That's like saying places where opium is grown have nothin=
g=20
to do with drug abuse by heroin addicts. It's all part of the chain of cr=
ime.
If the chain is disrupted in one spot, then the subsequent crimes don't o=
ccur.
Yeah, the supply chain gets rerouted, but don't lie about the fact that c=
rimes
occur all along the supply chain.=20
Then why aren=E2=80=99t the murders happening all along the supply chain, i=
ncluding
Indiana with it=E2=80=99s =E2=80=9Clax guns laws=E2=80=9D and in your overw=
helmingly White part of
Chicago?
Guns are not and have never been the problem.
I don't believe "guns are the problem". I believe "nominees must not be
allowed to make gun purchases". That would prevent a few murders.
FPP
2017-10-08 22:07:55 UTC
No, he's making the point that even with those much-lamented 'lax' gun
laws, the entire state of Indiana has a far lower gun crime rate than does
just one city in Illinois, leading anyone with a brain to the conclusion
that something other than guns is the cause of the festering cancer in
Chicago.
I'm making the point that Indiana isn't doing fuck all to prevent
nominee gun purchases, which is pretty goddamn outrageous.
Indiana’s gun laws have fuck all to do with Chicago’s murder rate, just as
they have fuck all to do with Detroit’s murder rate, or Compton’s or Camden
or D.C. and any other predominantly Black area.
Yes... because less guns coming from Indiana won't change anything, right?
They'll just point with their fingers, and bullets will come out.
Rhino
2017-10-10 13:12:07 UTC
No, he's making the point that even with those much-lamented 'lax' gun
laws, the entire state of Indiana has a far lower gun crime rate than does
just one city in Illinois, leading anyone with a brain to the conclusion
that something other than guns is the cause of the festering cancer in
Chicago.
I'm making the point that Indiana isn't doing fuck all to prevent
nominee gun purchases, which is pretty goddamn outrageous.
Indiana’s gun laws have fuck all to do with Chicago’s murder rate, just as
they have fuck all to do with Detroit’s murder rate, or Compton’s or Camden
or D.C. and any other predominantly Black area.
Yes... because less guns coming from Indiana won't change anything, right?
They'll just point with their fingers, and bullets will come out.
Or use knives. Or lead pipes. Or run people over with cars. Or use
bombs. etc. etc.
2017-10-10 14:08:18 UTC
No, he's making the point that even with those much-lamented 'lax'
gun laws, the entire state of Indiana has a far lower gun crime rate
than does just one city in Illinois, leading anyone with a brain to
the conclusion that something other than guns is the cause of the
festering cancer in Chicago.
I'm making the point that Indiana isn't doing fuck all to prevent
nominee gun purchases, which is pretty goddamn outrageous.
Indiana's gun laws have fuck all to do with Chicago's murder rate, just as
they have fuck all to do with Detroit's murder rate, or Compton's or Camden
or D.C. and any other predominantly Black area.
Yes... because less guns coming from Indiana won't change anything, right?
They'll just point with their fingers, and bullets will come out.
Or use knives. Or lead pipes. Or run people over with cars. Or use
bombs. etc. etc.
Chicago has a significant number of shootings due to very young gang bangers
shooting guns at people from car windows at other cars, people in the streets,
and at people's houses. The targets are thought to be rival gang members
but it's not like the shooters make any sort of determination and plenty
of victims were just shot and killed at random. These days, what with the
major gangs of the 1970s broken up, a gang is just kids from one street,
and a rival gang is kids from the next street.

It's a lot of kids doing the shootings. Kids. They're too young and too
stupid to have formed any sense. If these kids didn't have easy access
to guns, yeah, it absolutely would reduce this type of shooting.

It's not going to reduce targeted killings, obviously, in which someone
is going after a specific individual and isn't just shooting at other
kids who may be in another gang.

I don't think preventing nominee gun sales is all that controversial,
but that's just me I guess. Ed's fucked in the head on this issue.
Rhino
2017-10-10 14:44:03 UTC
[...]
I'm not familiar with the concept of "nominee gun sales". Is that
something along the lines of going into a gun store and saying "My name
is Bob but I'm buying these for my friend Jim and he's filled out this
form saying it's okay for me to do that", then using Bob's ID to buy the
gun(s)?

I truly don't understand the situation on the ground in Chicago so I
have no knowledge of who is doing the shooting - and why - and who the
targets are. Simply shooting random strangers seems pretty implausible
to me. Every culture I've ever heard of has the concept of revenge -
you've done something bad to me so I'm going to do something bad to you
- but I'm at a loss to think of one that has the concept that it's cool
to kill random strangers for no reason at all. Where are you getting
your information that young kids are shooting random strangers and how
credible is that source?

How much effort is even put into investigating these murders in real
life? Or are they simply dismissed as more black-on-black violence and
essentially ignored beyond the fact of mentioning the crime? I'm
wondering if this idea that kids are killing random strangers is just
some poorly thought out nonsense?
2017-10-10 16:02:56 UTC
[...]
Typically, someone without a criminal record is paid to buy guns.
He isn't the one who will use the gun, so he's a nominee.

Nominee gun sales are illegal.

Then, the guns are brought across the state line into Illinois. This
is also illegal. Interstate transfer of a gun is complicated as hell,
requiring the use of a licensed gun dealer in one state transfering
the gun to a licensed gun dealer in the receiving state, then picking
it up from the other gun dealer. I don't know the legalities of a
gun owner who isn't planning criminal activity can bring a gun across
state lines.

A lot of gun laws are clearly Congress attempting to intimidate
legitimate gun owners, I'll grant that, but there's nothing that should
be controversial about preventing nominee gun sales.
Post by Rhino
I truly don't understand the situation on the ground in Chicago so I
have no knowledge of who is doing the shooting - and why - and who the
targets are. Simply shooting random strangers seems pretty implausible
to me.
It's not a movie or tv show in which a master criminal has hired an
assasin to eliminate a target, a highly professional assasin who
prevents collateral damage because he's trying not to call attention
to the guy who hired him. These are boys trying to shoot and kill other
boys. They can even be pre-teens. The gang may consist of kids on one
block in a corner of a neighborhood whose rivals are kids in the gang
on the next block.

It's not like the vast streetgangs decades ago which were huge, organized
conspiracies and did enforce a small degree of discipline to reduce
collateral damage. In this case, they may shoot at other boys doing nothing
more than walking down the street. They just don't recognize them.

The shootings aren't to advance some criminal conspiracy and they aren't
even about revenge. There's just a perception that anyone they see is a
rival who would shoot at them if given a chance.

The random stranger who is shot may just be a younger brother of the kid
they are targeting, someone too young to be involved in gangs, or just
someone else who happens to be there. Delivery men and letter carriers
may get shot. When they shoot at houses, people inside the house may
get killed if the shot penetrates a wall or goes through an open window.
Post by Rhino
Every culture I've ever heard of has the concept of revenge - you've
done something bad to me so I'm going to do something bad to you -
but I'm at a loss to think of one that has the concept that it's cool
to kill random strangers for no reason at all. Where are you getting
your information that young kids are shooting random strangers and how
credible is that source?
Several news organizations have done long term reporting. One year, Chicago
Tribune profiled every single murder. Right now, the local public radio
station is doing a multi-part report on shootings, and we have some
local study groups who have looked into these kinds of crimes for a long
time, and then there are aggregated police reports.

Of course you can't imagine it. It's unimaginable.
Post by Rhino
How much effort is even put into investigating these murders in real
life? Or are they simply dismissed as more black-on-black violence and
essentially ignored beyond the fact of mentioning the crime? I'm
wondering if this idea that kids are killing random strangers is just
some poorly thought out nonsense?
Chicago police force doesn't have all that many detectives. They bring
criminal charges against a small fraction of murderers.
BTR1701
2017-10-10 16:22:50 UTC
I don't think preventing nominee gun sales is all that controversial,
but that's just me I guess. Ed's fucked in the head on this issue.
I'm not familiar with the concept of "nominee gun sales". Is that
something along the lines of going into a gun store and saying "My name
is Bob but I'm buying these for my friend Jim and he's filled out this
form saying it's okay for me to do that", then using Bob's ID to buy the
gun(s)?
Typically, someone without a criminal record is paid to buy guns.
He isn't the one who will use the gun, so he's a nominee.
Nominee gun sales are illegal.
These are usually called 'straw purchases' by law enforcement and in the
gun industry.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Then, the guns are brought across the state line into Illinois. This
is also illegal. Interstate transfer of a gun is complicated as hell,
requiring the use of a licensed gun dealer in one state transfering
the gun to a licensed gun dealer in the receiving state, then picking
it up from the other gun dealer.
Yep. Katie Couric and crew violated this law while making their
ridiculous 'expose'.
Rhino
2017-10-10 16:49:19 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Then, the guns are brought across the state line into Illinois. This
is also illegal. Interstate transfer of a gun is complicated as hell,
requiring the use of a licensed gun dealer in one state transfering
the gun to a licensed gun dealer in the receiving state, then picking
it up from the other gun dealer.
Yep. Katie Couric and crew violated this law while making their
ridiculous 'expose'.
I understand the Republicans are hoping to make it easier for Concealed
Carry permit holders to take their weapons across state lines in some
kind of reciprocal carry arrangement between all the states. I would
imagine that would be a major can of worms given that some states barely
allow gun ownership at all while some are Concealed Carry and others are
Open Carry. I can't imagine Jerry Brown, for instance, wanting
out-of-staters carrying in his state.... But if I were travelling
between states - either on business or for fun - I'm sure I'd appreciate
the ability to carry my weapon across state lines without hassles.
2017-10-10 20:40:51 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Then, the guns are brought across the state line into Illinois. This
is also illegal. Interstate transfer of a gun is complicated as hell,
requiring the use of a licensed gun dealer in one state transfering
the gun to a licensed gun dealer in the receiving state, then picking
it up from the other gun dealer.
Yep. Katie Couric and crew violated this law while making their
ridiculous 'expose'.
So if I'm hearing you correctly right wing turds such as yourself are
only concerned when she does it.
FPP
2017-10-10 22:43:40 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Then, the guns are brought across the state line into Illinois. This
is also illegal. Interstate transfer of a gun is complicated as hell,
requiring the use of a licensed gun dealer in one state transfering
the gun to a licensed gun dealer in the receiving state, then picking
it up from the other gun dealer.
Yep. Katie Couric and crew violated this law while making their
ridiculous 'expose'.
So if I'm hearing you correctly right wing turds such as yourself are
only concerned when she does it.
No, no... he'd be just as concerned if Lena Dunham were to do it, too...
--
"President Donald Trump: Proof that a giant pussy CAN be elected
President... just as long as he doesn't HAVE one" - S. Bee
Rhino
2017-10-10 16:44:30 UTC
[...]
And how do you distinguish between the case where your friend Fred
without the criminal record buys some guns for your local street gang
and the case where someone is simply buying a gift for a loved one or a
friend? The latter is legal, right? Otherwise how does Mom or Dad buy a
gun for their child when the child reaches legal age for owing a gun?
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Then, the guns are brought across the state line into Illinois. This
is also illegal. Interstate transfer of a gun is complicated as hell,
requiring the use of a licensed gun dealer in one state transfering
the gun to a licensed gun dealer in the receiving state, then picking
it up from the other gun dealer. I don't know the legalities of a
gun owner who isn't planning criminal activity can bring a gun across
state lines.
I sometimes think about a trip my brother and I took to the US in 1994.
We drove to Sturgis SD for the annual bike week and passed through
several states along the way, including Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois,
South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana and North Dakota (and maybe some others).
We met Americans at Sturgis who had come from their home state armed and
they didn't seem to have any problems. But I suppose they simply took
their chances that they might be stopped en route and arrested. Or maybe
they had done all the necessary paperwork to travel through all the
intervening states....

I remember wondering at the time what would happen if *we* had wanted to
travel armed, just in case of trouble along the way. What kind of
paperwork would we have had to do? Or are foreign nationals simply
prohibited from owning guns of any kind for any reason whatsoever? That
would seem unlikely given that Canadians travel to the US all the time
and some of them must be going hunting or to gun shows, possibly to buy
or sell. Either a lot of people are just taking their chances or there
is some way to get permission to do that.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
A lot of gun laws are clearly Congress attempting to intimidate
legitimate gun owners, I'll grant that, but there's nothing that should
be controversial about preventing nominee gun sales.
I'm still not sure how you could distinguish between buying guns to arm
a gang and buying a gift for a family member or friend....
I truly don't understand the situation on the ground in Chicago so I
have no knowledge of who is doing the shooting - and why - and who the
targets are. Simply shooting random strangers seems pretty implausible
to me.
It's not a movie or tv show in which a master criminal has hired an
assasin to eliminate a target, a highly professional assasin who
prevents collateral damage because he's trying not to call attention
to the guy who hired him. These are boys trying to shoot and kill other
boys. They can even be pre-teens. The gang may consist of kids on one
block in a corner of a neighborhood whose rivals are kids in the gang
on the next block.
My reference point on this is The Wire (and Homicide: Life on the
Streets), which tried pretty hard to be accurate. I still remember the
Homicide episode where a young black boy - 6th or 7th grade - shot
another young black boy of the same age in a bowling alley due to a case
of mistaken identity. (The shooter, when he discovered he'd killed the
wrong kid, actually thought that since it was an honest mistake, the
police would let him go!) And then we see Omar, one of the most
notorious stick up men in Baltimore, gunned down by a very young kid who
couldn't have even been 10. If I remember right, the kid was motivated
by the reward that everyone knew was on Omar's head. Or maybe it was
just that Omar was an unfamiliar guy in his neighbourhood....
Post by Rhino
Every culture I've ever heard of has the concept of revenge - you've
done something bad to me so I'm going to do something bad to you -
but I'm at a loss to think of one that has the concept that it's cool
to kill random strangers for no reason at all. Where are you getting
your information that young kids are shooting random strangers and how
credible is that source?
Several news organizations have done long term reporting. One year, Chicago
Tribune profiled every single murder. Right now, the local public radio
station is doing a multi-part report on shootings, and we have some
local study groups who have looked into these kinds of crimes for a long
time, and then there are aggregated police reports.
Of course you can't imagine it. It's unimaginable.
We've seen incidents in Toronto where some person or group will go into
a crowded mall and start firing at a rival and apparently not show any
significant concern about all the other people in the mall; collateral
damage has ensued. One particular notorious incident involved thugs in
vehicles shooting at rivals on the sidewalk; this was on Yonge Street, a
main downtown shopping street, on Boxing Day.

https://infogalactic.com/info/Boxing_Day_shooting
How much effort is even put into investigating these murders in real
life? Or are they simply dismissed as more black-on-black violence and
essentially ignored beyond the fact of mentioning the crime? I'm
wondering if this idea that kids are killing random strangers is just
some poorly thought out nonsense?
Chicago police force doesn't have all that many detectives. They bring
criminal charges against a small fraction of murderers.
I imagine it would be harder to track down the sorts of murderers we're
talking about given that there was no long-standing publicly-known beef
between victim and shooter that an investigator could find. Perhaps some
generous rewards and witness protection for eyewitnesses to come forward
would improve the number of apprehensions and convictions?
2017-10-10 17:50:42 UTC
[...]
I resemble these remarks.
2017-10-10 17:52:09 UTC
Nominee gun sales are illegal.
And how do you distinguish between the case where your friend Fred
without the criminal record buys some guns for your local street gang
and the case where someone is simply buying a gift for a loved one
or a friend?
The gun manufacturer keeps track of which gun distributor it was sold to,
who keeps track of which FFL dealer it was sold to, who keeps track of
which citizen legally purchased the gun and went thru a background
check.

If the cops find a gun used in a crime, they run the serial number to find
the final purchaser, who then has to explain what happened to that gun
but very few crime guns are acquired this way, as legal gun purchasers
don’t want the cops charging them as an accessory to murder.

The reality is that the vast majority of guns used in crime have been stolen
from legal buyers and sold/passed on from criminal to criminal, frequently
for decades as a gun will essentially last forever if it isn’t abused (I’ve got
a Swedish Mauser bolt-action military rifle that was made in 1912).
Post by Rhino
We met Americans at Sturgis who had come from their home state armed
and they didn't seem to have any problems. But I suppose they simply took
their chances that they might be stopped en route and arrested. Or maybe
they had done all the necessary paperwork to travel through all the
intervening states....
Most states have reciprocity agreements with other states, allowing legal
concealed pistol licensees to legally carry outside their home state.
Post by Rhino
I remember wondering at the time what would happen if *we* had wanted
to travel armed, just in case of trouble along the way.
As a Canadian, you’d be subject to different rules but in general it’s perfectly
legal to travel thru any state with firearms, as long as they’re unloaded and
in a locked case, pack away in the trunk or otherwise inaccessible.

When my buddy lived in California, he’d regularly fly to and from Michigan
with several rifles and handguns for hunting or target shooting while camping.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150101/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation
Post by Rhino
The gang may consist of kids on one block in a corner of a neighborhood
whose rivals are kids in the gang on the next block.
My reference point on this is The Wire (and Homicide: Life on the Streets),
which tried pretty hard to be accurate.
It’s the result of a culture of machismo within Black-American society that’s
not present in White-American society, where any perceived slight calls for
deadly retaliation.

Chicago police force doesn't have all that many detectives. They bring
criminal charges against a small fraction of murderers.
I imagine it would be harder to track down the sorts of murderers we're
talking about given that there was no long-standing publicly-known beef
between victim and shooter that an investigator could find.
The police are stonewalled in their investigations by modern Black culture, that
promotes the philosophy that talking to the cops is somehow “betraying” Black
society.

2017-10-10 21:59:56 UTC
[...]
Liberals (and liberals) here have claimed that guns need to be
registered because a significant percentage of guns used in crimes have
been stolen from legal gun owners. I don't know if that is true or just
a talking point. It's considerably harder here to get guns - we have
nothing like the Second Amendment - but criminals *do* seem to come up
with guns anyway. (Supposedly, they are being stolen from legal gun
owners or are being smuggled across the Canada-US border.)
We met Americans at Sturgis who had come from their home state armed
and they didn't seem to have any problems. But I suppose they simply took
their chances that they might be stopped en route and arrested. Or maybe
they had done all the necessary paperwork to travel through all the
intervening states....
Most states have reciprocity agreements with other states, allowing legal
concealed pistol licensees to legally carry outside their home state.
So I've heard. But I've also heard of people running into major problems
over having guns outside of their home state; apparently that is the
motivation behind having a reciprocity agreement between ALL of the states.
I remember wondering at the time what would happen if *we* had wanted
to travel armed, just in case of trouble along the way.
As a Canadian, you’d be subject to different rules but in general it’s perfectly
legal to travel thru any state with firearms, as long as they’re unloaded and
in a locked case, pack away in the trunk or otherwise inaccessible.
When my buddy lived in California, he’d regularly fly to and from Michigan
with several rifles and handguns for hunting or target shooting while camping.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150101/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation
Thanks for that. I had assumed there was *some* way to do it but that,
perhaps, it was very difficult and very expensive to get all the
paperwork in place to prevent problems.
The gang may consist of kids on one block in a corner of a neighborhood
whose rivals are kids in the gang on the next block.
My reference point on this is The Wire (and Homicide: Life on the Streets),
which tried pretty hard to be accurate.
It’s the result of a culture of machismo within Black-American society that’s
not present in White-American society, where any perceived slight calls for
deadly retaliation.
https://pics.onsizzle.com/two-shot-in-detroit-after-argument-over-kool-aid-suspects-still-4470931.png
I remember reading about a case probably 40 years ago of one guy who
shot (and maybe killed) another guy in a bar because the shooter said
the victim's feet stank. I don't remember the story identifying the
"race" of the shooter or victim so they may have been white.
Chicago police force doesn't have all that many detectives. They bring
criminal charges against a small fraction of murderers.
I imagine it would be harder to track down the sorts of murderers we're
talking about given that there was no long-standing publicly-known beef
between victim and shooter that an investigator could find.
The police are stonewalled in their investigations by modern Black culture, that
promotes the philosophy that talking to the cops is somehow “betraying” Black
society.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1841/1968/1600/stopsnitch.gif
Whoever figures out how to get past *that* attitude will do the public -
and especially the black community - a huge favour. If they could get
the bad apples out of the barrel, their communities would be
significantly healthier, I expect.
2017-10-10 22:55:03 UTC
The reality is that the vast majority of guns used in crime have been stolen
from legal buyers and sold/passed on from criminal to criminal, frequently
for decades as a gun will essentially last forever if it isn’t abused
Liberals (and liberals) here have claimed that guns need to be registered
because a significant percentage of guns used in crimes have been stolen
from legal gun owners.
Anti-gun fundies want to register gun owners so that the government can eventually
seize any civilian owned guns, because registering the gun itself doesn’t help the
cops much, as by the time they they have the gun in their possession and can trace
the serial number, the crime has already been committed.

And as the gun was most likely stolen, the original owner most likely reported it to
the cops at that time and even if he hadn’t, (and IIRC most states require informing
the cops of any stolen guns) the crime has still already happened.

Gun registration is useless for preventing crime, it’s simply another step towards
complete gun confiscation by making it harder and harder for legal law abiding
people to exercise their human right to defend themselves.

There is no point where anti-gun fundies will ever say; “that’s enough gun control.”
I don't know if that is true or just a talking point. It's considerably harder here to
get guns - we have nothing like the Second Amendment - but criminals *do* seem
to come up with guns anyway. (Supposedly, they are being stolen from legal gun
owners or are being smuggled across the Canada-US border.)
The narcos are smuggling in TONS of cocaine into the U.S. as well as Canada, Europe,
etc. so Joe Blow Common Criminal smuggling a few stolen guns from Point A to Point B
ain’t no thing and with the money and connections the narcos have to the black market,
they can get anything.

Mexico for example has one (1) gun store in the entire nation and only those who are
rich and politically connected get legally get a gun, yet the country is swarming with
all kinda military grade weapons and there are hundreds of murders every day.

And the U.S. government can’t even keep track of it’s own guns, let alone bazillions
of civilian guns.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/02/12/missing.afghan.weapons/index.html

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- More than one-third of all weapons
the United States has procured for Afghanistan's government are
missing, according to a government report released Thursday.

The U.S. military failed to "maintain complete inventory records
for an estimated 87,000 weapons -- or about 36 percent -- of the
242,000 weapons that the United States procured and shipped
to Afghanistan from December 2004 through June 2008," a U.S.
Government Accountability Office report states.

The Defense Department spent roughly $120 million during that
period to acquire a range of small arms and light weapons for the
Afghan National Security Forces, including rifles, machine guns
and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

The military also failed to properly account for an additional
135,000 weapons it obtained for the Afghan forces from 21
other countries.

The military is unable to provide serial numbers for 46,000 of
the missing 87,000 weapons, the report concludes. No records
have been maintained for the location or disposition for the other
41,000 weapons"
Most states have reciprocity agreements with other states, allowing legal
concealed pistol licensees to legally carry outside their home state.
So I've heard. But I've also heard of people running into major problems
over having guns outside of their home state;
You’re still required to follow the gun laws of whatever state you’re in and people being
people, they sometimes screw up.

Michigan for example, allows a concealed handgun in establishments with a liquor license
only if the place makes 51% or more of their income from food, thus carrying in The Olive
Garden is allowed but Joe’s Dive Bar isn’t, while other states ban carrying completely in
places serving alcohol and others allow it anywhere. It’s up to you to know what the law is.
apparently that is the motivation behind having a reciprocity agreement between
ALL of the states.
There is no reason why this shouldn’t be treated the same way as drivers licenses
(or gay marriage licenses…) are; every state has to recognize every other state’s
concealed weapon license.

The anti-gun fundies now know they can’t repeal concealed carry, as almost every state
in the Union has “Shall Issue” legislation on the books, so their new tactic is pushing for
a single federal license, which of course would be based on state laws with the strictest
regulations, like California, Illinois and NY.
FPP
2017-10-10 23:05:43 UTC
Gun registration is useless for preventing crime, it’s simply another step towards
complete gun confiscation by making it harder and harder for legal law abiding
people to exercise their human right to defend themselves.
Yeah, just like they confiscated all the cars already.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-11 17:42:31 UTC
[...]
According to this document I found on the NRA Museum Web site
http://www.nramuseum.com/media/940941/serialization-date%20of%20manufacture.pdf
from the Blue Book of Gun Values, gun manufacturers have been stamping
serial numbers on guns since the turn of the 20th Century. A manufacturer's
serial number is the basis of gun registration and tracing.

Where do you get that it's a liberal position? People were freaked out about
crime. Federal gun control legislation goes back to the Roosevelt
administration, 1934, which taxed and registered machine guns and
sawed-off shotguns, and then licensed interstate gun dealers and required
recording of sales in 1938.

The famous weapon of organized crime was the Thompson submachine gun.

What was organized crime doing? Illegal transportation and sale of
alchohol. Why was it illegal? Certain Protestants had been organizing
temperance societies and pushing for social reform and prohibition of
alchohol use. It was, in part, an anti-Catholic thing, given that all
Catholics were known to be drunks (the Irish were born drunk) and
lazy good-for-nothings and bad workers, etc, whereas Protestants were
closer to God.

Remind me again which political party the religious conservative Protestants
who wish to impose social reform on everybody else belong to today.

The word "liberal" has been turned into a much maligned code word and
its meaning completely distorted.

Social reform via societal control comes from all sides of the political
spectrum. Always has. Always will.
We met Americans at Sturgis who had come from their home state armed
and they didn't seem to have any problems. But I suppose they simply took
their chances that they might be stopped en route and arrested. Or maybe
they had done all the necessary paperwork to travel through all the
intervening states....
Most states have reciprocity agreements with other states, allowing legal
concealed pistol licensees to legally carry outside their home state.
So I've heard. But I've also heard of people running into major problems
over having guns outside of their home state; apparently that is the
motivation behind having a reciprocity agreement between ALL of the states.
The US Constitution requires states to honor each other's laws and
allows interstate commerce and certain Supreme Court decisions created a
concept called Negative Commerce Clause, not actually in the Constitution
but prohibits state restrictions upon interstate commerce. You don't
have anything comparable in the Canadian constitution.

Interstate compacts and reciprocity and model state legislation are
ways for states to more easily recognize comparable features in the laws
of neighboring states, sometimes even using the same legal definitions
and terms.

Possession and use of a weapon registered in a neighboring state is
one thing but the act of crossing the state line with the weapon itself
is subject to federal law.
Post by Rhino
I remember reading about a case probably 40 years ago of one guy who
shot (and maybe killed) another guy in a bar because the shooter said
the victim's feet stank. I don't remember the story identifying the
"race" of the shooter or victim so they may have been white.
Eh. He shot someone because he wanted to shoot someone, then found a
justification to fulfill his desire. I have no idea how he determined
that someone else's feet stank. Most of us wouldn't be exposed to someone
else's bare feet except at a beach.
Chicago police force doesn't have all that many detectives. They bring
criminal charges against a small fraction of murderers.
I imagine it would be harder to track down the sorts of murderers we're
talking about given that there was no long-standing publicly-known beef
between victim and shooter that an investigator could find.
The police are stonewalled in their investigations by modern Black culture, that
promotes the philosophy that talking to the cops is somehow "betraying" Black
society.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1841/1968/1600/stopsnitch.gif
Whoever figures out how to get past *that* attitude will do the public -
and especially the black community - a huge favour. If they could get
the bad apples out of the barrel, their communities would be
significantly healthier, I expect.
Ed's ignoring reality. Police aren't part of communities, they have a
history of taking shortcuts, making a case against the first guy they
grab, not keeping information about witnesses secret from the perpetrators,
police corruption. Police can't be seen as crime prevention anyway;
that doesn't work. Policing happens after the crime was committed.

If you're a witness, suddenly your whole life is subject to scrutiny.
Do you have bad motive? Were you at that location because you were
committing a crime or were about to commit a crime? Should you be
considered to be a suspect? Are you lying?

In a very poor neighborhood, there are degrees of bad. Someone might
be violating some licensing or registration or tax law while trying
to operate a small business like a food cart or selling door to door.
Cops spend lots of time on meaningless code enforcement against people
who are trying to make a living but aren't harming anyone else.
FPP
2017-10-10 22:46:03 UTC
It’s the result of a culture of machismo within Black-American society that’s
not present in White-American society, where any perceived slight calls for
deadly retaliation.
Have you not watched any news since Jan 21st?
You've just perfectly described our foreign and domestic policy under
the Trump administration.
i***@gmail.com
2017-10-11 16:58:44 UTC
It’s the result of a culture of machismo within Black-American society that’s
not present in White-American society, where any perceived slight calls for
deadly retaliation.
Have you not watched any news since Jan 21st?
You've just perfectly described our foreign and domestic policy under
the Trump administration.
--
"President Donald Trump: Proof that a giant pussy CAN be elected
President... just as long as he doesn't HAVE one" - S. Bee
What has changed about gun control under Trump? Nothing. Why weren't these problems resolved
in the eight years Obama ruled America ...... crickets.

Irish Mike
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-11 17:46:12 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
Post by FPP
It's the result of a culture of machismo within Black-American society that's
not present in White-American society, where any perceived slight calls for
deadly retaliation.
Have you not watched any news since Jan 21st?
You've just perfectly described our foreign and domestic policy under
the Trump administration.
What has changed about gun control under Trump? Nothing. Why weren't
these problems resolved
in the eight years Obama ruled America ...... crickets.
I don't seem to have the Message-ID in which Irish proposed solutions
for all these problems either. I only get the articles in which Irish
blames all problems on Obama.

Irish does tend to recommend plenty of solutions requiring religious
imposition.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-11 18:00:59 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
Post by FPP
It's the result of a culture of machismo within Black-American society that's
not present in White-American society, where any perceived slight calls for
deadly retaliation.
Have you not watched any news since Jan 21st?
You've just perfectly described our foreign and domestic policy under
the Trump administration.
What has changed about gun control under Trump? Nothing. Why weren't
these problems resolved
in the eight years Obama ruled America ...... crickets.
I don't seem to have the Message-ID in which Irish proposed solutions
for all these problems either. I only get the articles in which Irish
blames all problems on Obama.
Irish does tend to recommend plenty of solutions requiring religious
imposition.
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH IMPOSITION!
2017-10-11 22:35:29 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
It’s the result of a culture of machismo within Black-American society that’s
not present in White-American society, where any perceived slight calls for
deadly retaliation.
Have you not watched any news since Jan 21st?
You've just perfectly described our foreign and domestic policy under
the Trump administration.
--
"President Donald Trump: Proof that a giant pussy CAN be elected
President... just as long as he doesn't HAVE one" - S. Bee
What has changed about gun control under Trump? Nothing. Why weren't these problems resolved
in the eight years Obama ruled America ...... crickets.
Irish Mike
Because, moron, Obama wasn't a king... despite what you thought.
--
"If you can't drink their whiskey, screw their women, take their money,
and vote against 'em anyway, you don't belong in office." -Molly Ivins
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-10 18:54:49 UTC
[...]
The whole system relies upon massive amounts of paperwork to keep guns
out of hands of criminals. Yes, paperwork. NRA has successfully lobbied
against creating a computerized gun tracing system. If the nominee
doesn't file paperwork to transfer the gun to its actual user, then
the authorities can't enforce anything.
[...]
I don't know what would have been legal at the time. Illinois used to have
some incredibly harsh laws for transport of hunting rifles.
. . .
How much effort is even put into investigating these murders in real
life? Or are they simply dismissed as more black-on-black violence and
essentially ignored beyond the fact of mentioning the crime? I'm
wondering if this idea that kids are killing random strangers is just
some poorly thought out nonsense?
Chicago police force doesn't have all that many detectives. They bring
criminal charges against a small fraction of murderers.
I imagine it would be harder to track down the sorts of murderers we're
talking about given that there was no long-standing publicly-known beef
between victim and shooter that an investigator could find. Perhaps some
generous rewards and witness protection for eyewitnesses to come forward
would improve the number of apprehensions and convictions?
Being a witness is very likely to get you killed. The state has a tiny
budget for witness protection, which may consist of short-term housing
and being guarded on the way to court, and you're on your own after trial.

It's not like federal witness protection in which a false identity is
created and you get relocated into Fred's neighborhood from six states
away.
Rhino
2017-10-10 22:07:29 UTC
[...]
I can certainly sympathize with witnesses who are reluctant to come
forward. Given that the witness's identity has to get disclosed
somewhere along the line during the court proceedings and given the
likelihood of the perps to harm the witness or his family if he/she
blabs, I would probably keep my mouth shut too. Now, if I could be
relocated to a different neighbourhood - along with any people that are
also at grave risk of retaliation - I'd be a lot more tempted to do my
civic duty.

While the budget to do that may be small today, it *could* be increased
if a legislator made a compelling argument to do so. And it could pay
big dividends in terms of making neighbourhoods safer as witnesses
helped put bad guys away.

Or, I suppose the police could plant deep cover operatives in the
neighbourhoods on a long-term basis so that *they* could report on the
bad guys.
2017-10-10 17:00:54 UTC
I don't think preventing nominee gun sales is all that controversial,
but that's just me I guess. Ed's fucked in the head on this issue.
Straw purchases are already illegal but relatively few crime guns are
acquired this way and White kids have the same access to guns, yet
don’t do drive-bys and kill a dozen people every week.

This isn’t a gun issue, it’s a problem unique to post-1960s Black-American
society, that not only stymies police efforts thru a culture of “stop snitch’n”
but actually celebrates violent and uncivilized behavior by young Black
males, 70% of whom have been raised by unwed mothers and a merry
go round of aunties and grandmamas.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-15 02:22:37 UTC
[...]
Yesterday, Friday October 13, 2017, 6:30 pm, a 64 year old woman was
shot and killed near the Morse Avenue "L" station, Howard Red Line,
in the Rogers Park neighborhood.

This is usually a quiet neighborhood, middle class and some people new to
Chicago, balanced between white, black, and Mexican families, although
it does have crime problems. I've had four different apartments around
here although never near this specific location.

They think it was gangbangers in an SUV shooting at other gangbangers
on the street. The cops don't think the victim was the target, but it's
not like shooters positively identify their targets or have any ability
to shoot straight.
FPP
2017-10-10 22:42:02 UTC
[...]
When was the last time 500 people were injured in 11 minutes with
knives, lead pipes or cars?

Bombs don't really count, since they're not exactly legally available to
everyone with a wad of cash.
FPP
2017-10-08 22:07:03 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
They buy the guns in Indiana (or wherever else the laws are lax) and
bring them to Chicago.
You're making the point that unless the same laws apply everywhere, they
don't matter anywhere.
No, he's making the point that even with those much-lamented 'lax' gun
laws, the entire state of Indiana has a far lower gun crime rate than does
just one city in Illinois, leading anyone with a brain to the conclusion
that something other than guns is the cause of the festering cancer in
Chicago.
And America has a far higher rate of gun violence that any other
developed country.

Care to speculate what is "the cause of the festering cancer in" the
United States?
BTR1701
Progressives
FPP
2017-10-08 22:38:14 UTC
irishranger317
[...]
Thought you had it in you.

Now that there are no progressives running the House, the Senate or the
White House, everything's going to get fixed, right?

We're all good, then.

Or didn't you know that YOU clowns controlled every arm of government
when the shooting began?
trotsky
2017-10-08 22:38:42 UTC
irishranger317
[...]
Well, they haven't been able to pass any gun laws, so that's the problem
you're claiming they have?
Ed Stasiak

https://imgur.com/B6bWy5K
FPP

Ed Stasiak
2017-10-09 21:58:56 UTC
Blacks
Racists.
Oh, you mean all ten Klansmen?

Meanwhile in 2013 alone, there were 5,375 Black murderers and of the 2,909 whose
ethnicity is unknown, I’d say it’s a safe bet that at least half of those are Black also.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_3_murder_offenders_by_age_sex_and_race_2013.xls

“According to the US Department of Justice, African Americans accounted for 52.5%
of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%.
The offending rate for African Americans was almost 8 times higher than whites”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

So we’ve got half the murders in the U.S. _every year_ being committed by roughly
2-3% of the population who are young Black males but we need draconian “gun control!”
on the off chance that a 64 year old White guy on Zoloft flips his shit.
FPP
2017-10-10 00:16:03 UTC
[...]
Let's see... how many black guys shot 500 totally innocent people in 30
minutes lately?
Not drug dealers, or criminals... but people who's liability extends to
listening to country music.

Country music may be bad... but it's not THAT bad!
--
P.T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute…"
Donald Trump: "Hey guys… got a minute?"
Ed Stasiak
2017-10-10 05:21:07 UTC
So we’ve got half the murders in the U.S. _every year_ being committed
by roughly 2-3% of the population who are young Black males but we need
draconian “gun control!” on the off chance that a 64 year old White guy on
Zoloft flips his shit.
Let's see... how many black guys shot 500 totally innocent people in 30
minutes lately?
Are those 5,375 dead people any less dead because it took longer to kill them?

And what about the thousands of people the year before and the year before that?
FPP
2017-10-10 05:58:52 UTC
So we’ve got half the murders in the U.S. _every year_ being committed
by roughly 2-3% of the population who are young Black males but we need
draconian “gun control!” on the off chance that a 64 year old White guy on
Zoloft flips his shit.
Let's see... how many black guys shot 500 totally innocent people in 30
minutes lately?
Are those 5,375 dead people any less dead because it took longer to kill them?
And what about the thousands of people the year before and the year before that?
30,000 Ed. And of the two of us, I'm the one trying to figure out some
way to decrease that number.

You're the other guy trying to prevent it.
Rhino
2017-10-10 13:16:59 UTC
No, he's making the point that even with those much-lamented 'lax' gun
laws, the entire state of Indiana has a far lower gun crime rate than does
just one city in Illinois, leading anyone with a brain to the conclusion
that something other than guns is the cause of the festering cancer in
Chicago.
And America has a far higher rate of gun violence that any other
developed country.
Care to speculate what is "the cause of the festering cancer in" the
United States?
Blacks.
https://imgur.com/B6bWy5K
Racists.
https://media.newyorker.com/photos/59097d17019dfc3494ea3a21/4:3/w_960,c_limit/Okeowo-Generation-KKK.jpg
The large majority of both victims and perpetrators of murder in America
are black and your explanation is racism? How, pray tell, is blacks
killing blacks racism?
2017-10-10 22:50:34 UTC
[...]
You start out with a false assumption, and then proceed to a false
conclusion.
Please... you're killing me!
trotsky
2017-10-08 18:00:20 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
They buy the guns in Indiana (or wherever else the laws are lax) and
bring them to Chicago.
You're making the point that unless the same laws apply everywhere, they
don't matter anywhere.
Why can't the right wing shitbirds build a wall around Chicago to
prevent the influx of illegal guns?
FPP
2017-10-08 22:08:59 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
They buy the guns in Indiana (or wherever else the laws are lax) and
bring them to Chicago.
You're making the point that unless the same laws apply everywhere,
they don't matter anywhere.
Why can't the right wing shitbirds build a wall around Chicago to
prevent the influx of illegal guns?
But be sure to make Indiana pay for it.
I'm smelling the seeds of a 2020 campaign slogan...

As always, it smells like bullshit.
i***@gmail.com
2017-10-10 04:23:39 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
They buy the guns in Indiana (or wherever else the laws are lax) and
bring them to Chicago.
You're making the point that unless the same laws apply everywhere, they
don't matter anywhere.
Why can't the right wing shitbirds build a wall around Chicago to
prevent the influx of illegal guns?
Because the corrupt left wing Democrat shitbirds have run Chicago for decades.
Including the last eight years under Obama.

Irish Mike
FPP
2017-10-10 05:59:31 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
They buy the guns in Indiana (or wherever else the laws are lax) and
bring them to Chicago.
You're making the point that unless the same laws apply everywhere, they
don't matter anywhere.
Why can't the right wing shitbirds build a wall around Chicago to
prevent the influx of illegal guns?
Because the corrupt left wing Democrat shitbirds have run Chicago for decades.
Including the last eight years under Obama.
Irish Mike
Oh, Look! Irish Gump is back!
i***@gmail.com
2017-10-10 10:25:21 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
They buy the guns in Indiana (or wherever else the laws are lax) and
bring them to Chicago.
You're making the point that unless the same laws apply everywhere, they
don't matter anywhere.
Why can't the right wing shitbirds build a wall around Chicago to
prevent the influx of illegal guns?
Because the corrupt left wing Democrat shitbirds have run Chicago for decades.
Including the last eight years under Obama.
Irish Mike
Oh, Look! Irish Gump is back!
Yes Fecal Piss n' Pus, and he just bitch slapped you again. LOL!

Irish Mike
trotsky
Hey Irish shitbag!
Ed Stasiak
2017-10-08 15:47:33 UTC
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
Who CARES about Chicago stats?  They have ZERO relevance
to the matter at hand.
Nonsense, the matter at hand are the calls for gun control based
on bullshit fake news.

Chicago homicide rates:

African Americans in Chicago:
2017-10-08 22:09:54 UTC
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
Who CARES about Chicago stats?  They have ZERO relevance
to the matter at hand.
Nonsense, the matter at hand are the calls for gun control based
on bullshit fake news.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/2013_Chicago_Homicide_Map.png
https://media1.fdncms.com/chicago/imager/separate-unequal-and-ignored/u/original/3223749/2005-2009map-01.png
500 people shot isn't fake, Ed. Or that the guns weren't a problem.
Pretending this is anything out of the ordinary is.
Ed Stasiak
2017-10-09 00:37:40 UTC
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/2013_Chicago_Homicide_Map.png
https://media1.fdncms.com/chicago/imager/separate-unequal-and-ignored/u/original/3223749/2005-2009map-01.png
500 people shot isn't fake, Ed.  Or that the guns weren't a problem.
Pretending this is anything out of the ordinary is.
Except everything about it is out of the ordinary, which is why it's so shocking.

Meanwhile, it’s just another average week in the Windy City…

http://homicides.suntimes.com/2017/10/06/week-in-review-17-more-people-killed-including-baby-who-died-four-days-after-her-pregnant-mother-was-fatally-shot/
Posted Oct. 6, 2017
Jeff Mayes

WEEK IN REVIEW: 17 more killed, including baby who died 4 days after her pregnant mother was fatally shot

At least 17 people were killed in violence the week of Sept. 25-Oct. 1., with seven people killed on Friday alone, and a triple homicide that included a pregnant woman and her unborn daughter.

The baby girl died Monday, four days after being delivered by her mother, Charnella Lemon, 20, who was fatally shot Friday morning in the Far South Side Fernwood neighborhood, according to Chicago Police and the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

She was inside a parked car with 33-year-old Terrence Carter, who was also killed when someone approached the car on foot and opened fire at 7:39 a.m. in a vacant lot in the 400 block of West 102nd Place, police said.

Carter was shot in the chest and pronounced dead at the scene, according to police. Lemon suffered three gunshot wounds to the chest and was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where she was pronounced dead at 8:51 a.m.

Baby Janae Lemon was delivered at Christ and was listed in critical condition until she died Monday at 2:28 p.m., according to the medical examiner’s office. An autopsy showed that a bullet went through her mother’s abdomen and struck the then-unborn child in the torso.

In other homicides last week:

A man was killed in a South Shore neighborhood shooting Sunday morning that also left a woman injured. The pair were standing on a sidewalk at 10:27 a.m. in the 2600 block of East 75th Street when another man walked up, pulled out a handgun and fired shots, according to police. Tommie L. Jones, 28, suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the head and back, and was pronounced dead at the scene. He lived about 2 miles away in Greater Grand Crossing. The 26-year-old woman was shot in the lower back, and was taken in serious condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

A 22-year-old man was found shot to death early Sunday in the North Park neighborhood on the Northwest Side. Officers responded at 12:18 a.m. to a call of shots fired and found Jose Rico lying face down on the sidewalk with multiple gunshot wounds to the body in the 5000 block of North Bernard, according to police and the medical examiner’s office. Rico was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 49-year-old man was shot to death Friday night in the West Garfield Park neighborhood. Michael Hillard was standing on the sidewalk about 9 p.m. in the 4700 block of West Jackson when someone walked up and shot him in his face, according to police and the medical examiner’s office. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 27-year-old man was killed in a shooting Friday evening in the Little Village neighborhood on the Southwest Side. About 7:10 p.m., Juan Vargas was in the 4000 block of West 25th Place when someone came up to him and began shooting, police and the medical examiner’s office said. Vargas suffered a gunshot wound to his head and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he died less than an hour later, authorities said. He lived in the West Elsdon neighborhood.

A suspect has been released without charges after a Friday morning shooting left a man dead and another critically wounded in the West Garfield Park neighborhood. Two men were arguing with three other people at 9:47 a.m. in the 4500 block of West Jackson when the other group took out guns and started shooting, according to police. David Lucious, 35, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital, the medical examiner’s office said. He lived in the same block as the shooting. A 28-year-old man was also shot in the chest and taken to Stroger, where he was listed in critical condition, police said. Area North detectives had a suspect in custody in connection with the shooting Friday, but that person has since been released without charges, police said Monday.

A 23-year-old Fernwood man died two days after being shot Wednesday in the Far South Side neighborhood where he lived. Melvin Howard Jr. was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn after reports that he was shot in the head at 9:19 p.m. Wednesday in the 10200 block of South State, according to police and the medical examiner’s office. He lived less than a mile away. An autopsy performed Saturday found he died of complications from a gunshot wound to the head and his death was ruled a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said. Police could not provide additional information about the shooting.

Bond was denied for a 62-year-old man charged with fatally shooting Gregory Petty early Friday in the Lawndale neighborhood on the Southwest Side. Kenneth Cooper faces a first-degree murder charge in connection with the shooting death of the 34-year-old Petty, police said. Petty, of Humboldt Park, was found shot multiple times on the porch of a home at 2:42 a.m. Friday in the 2200 block of South Kildare, police and the medical examiner’s office said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he died less than an hour later. A witness said Petty was shot by a man who barricaded himself inside a home, police said. Following a standoff, Cooper turned himself in to police. Cooper, who lives in the block where the shooting occurred, also faces a charge of unlawful use of a weapon/felon in possession of a weapon for the second time, police said. He was ordered held without bond.

A man was killed and another man, possibly his father, was wounded in a shooting Thursday afternoon in the South Side Chatham neighborhood. Fred Anderson, 22, got into an argument with two people about noon in the 8100 block of South Ellis, police said. One of the people pulled out a gun and fired shots, striking Anderson and a 41-year-old man. Anderson was shot in the abdomen and was pronounced dead at the scene, police and the medical examiner’s office said. An autopsy Friday found he died of multiple gunshot wounds. The older man was shot in the shoulder, police said. He was taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn. Unconfirmed scanner reports said the victims were father and son.

One man was killed and another seriously wounded in a shooting Wednesday night in the South Deering neighborhood on the Far South Side. An 18-year-old man was sitting in a vehicle with a passenger at 8:09 p.m. in the 2300 block of East 102nd Street, while 20-year-old Marques “Prince” Lewis was walking up to the vehicle, possibly to get inside, according to police and the medical examiner’s office. A silver car drove by eastbound on 102nd Street and someone inside opened fire, striking both Lewis and the 18-year-old in the abdomen, authorities said. Lewis, who lived in the neighborhood, was found in a gangway between buildings and taken to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead. The passenger drove the 18-year-old to Trinity Hospital, where he was listed in serious condition, police said.

A man was fatally shot Tuesday night in the West Pullman neighborhood on the Far South Side. About 8:15 p.m., 44-year-old Tony Goodrich Sr. was in the 12300 block of South Emerald Drive when someone walked up to him, fired shots and ran away, according to police and the medical examiner’s office. Goodrich, who lived on the same block as the shooting, was pronounced dead at the scene.

A man was killed and another man wounded Tuesday afternoon in South Shore. The shooting happened at 12:45 p.m. in the 7000 block of South Chappel, according to police. Terry Tyee Mubarak Barry, 21; and a 24-year-old man were both shot in the head, according to police and the medical examiner’s office. Barry, of the same neighborhood, was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The older man was taken in critical condition to Stroger Hospital, police said.

A man was shot to death early Tuesday during a vigil that brought dozens of people to a block in West Englewood. Officers were called at 2:37 a.m. about a person shot in the 6600 block of South Oakley and arrived to find the man unresponsive on the ground with a gunshot wound to the head, according to police. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Family members identified the victim as 28-year-old Christopher Hardrick, who lived with his grandfather on the block.

A 16-year-old boy was fatally shot Monday night in the Woodlawn neighborhood on the South Side. Officers responded at 9:47 p.m. to a call of shots fired in the 6400 block of South Langley, where they found Michael D. Hickingbottom in an alley with multiple gunshot wounds to his head and body, according to police and the medical examiner’s office. Hickingbottom, of West Pullman, was pronounced dead at the scene.

A man was shot to death Monday evening in the West Side Austin neighborhood, police said. Anthony Oliver, 46, was sitting in a vehicle at 8:46 p.m. in the 5100 block of West Concord when someone walked up and opened fire, according to authorities. He suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the body was pronounced dead at the scene.
FPP
2017-10-09 06:51:36 UTC
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/2013_Chicago_Homicide_Map.png
https://media1.fdncms.com/chicago/imager/separate-unequal-and-ignored/u/original/3223749/2005-2009map-01.png
500 people shot isn't fake, Ed.  Or that the guns weren't a problem.
Pretending this is anything out of the ordinary is.
Except everything about it is out of the ordinary, which is why it's so shocking.
Meanwhile, it’s just another average week in the Windy City…
http://homicides.suntimes.com/2017/10/06/week-in-review-17-more-people-killed-including-baby-who-died-four-days-after-her-pregnant-mother-was-fatally-shot/
Posted Oct. 6, 2017
Jeff Mayes
Ooooh... this is fun! Can *I* play? Here are JUST the highlights:

A list of notable mass shootings in the U.S. since 2011 - Salon.com
American mass shootings keep getting bloodier and bloodier, but gun
control laws are rarely strengthened afterward

The mass shooting at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas is
officially the deadliest in modern American history. Unfortunately,
though, it is also only one of many mass shootings that have scarred
American life within the past few years.
Indeed, since the assassination attempt on a Democratic congresswoman in
Arizona at the start of 2011, there have been 18 mass shootings in this
country that captured national headlines.
1/8/2011 - Jared Lee Loughner, 22, killed 6 and wounded 11 others in
Tucson, Ariz.

Loughner's motive was an attempt to assassinate Rep. Gabrielle Giffords
of Arizona at a meet-and-greet she was holding.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

10/12/2011 - Scott Dekraai, 41, killed 8 people and wounded 1 other in
Seal Beach, Calif.

Dekraai was upset over a custody dispute and decided to exact vengeance
by going on a shooting rampage at the hair salon where his former wife
worked.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

4/2/2012 - One L. Goh, 43, killed 7 people and wounded 1 other in
Oakland, Calif.

Goh opened fire in a classroom at Oikos University, a small Christian
college.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

7/20/2012 - James Holmes, 24, killed 12 people and wounded 58 others in
Aurora, Colo.

Holmes entered a movie theater playing "The Dark Knight Rises" roughly
half an hour after the screening had commenced and opened fire.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

8/5/2012 - Wade Michael Page, 40, killed 6 people and injured 3 others
at a Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wisc.

Page was an Army veteran and "psychological operations specialist" who
opened fire in a Sikh Temple as part of his white supremacist agenda.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

9/28/2012 - Andrew Engeldinger, 36, killed 6 people and injured 2 others
in Minneapolis, Minn.

Engeldinger opened fire at the offices of Accent Signage Systems and
began shooting after having been fired from his job there.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

10/21/2012 - Radcliffe Haughton, 45, killed 3 people and injured 4
others in Brookfield, Wis.

The former Marine opened fire at the Azana Salon and Spa, where his
estranged wife was employed.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

12/14/2012 - Adam Lanza, 20, killed 27 people and injured 1 other in
Newtown, Conn.

The shooter murdered 20 first-graders and 6 adults during his infamous
rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

President Barack Obama called for stricter federal gun control laws
after the incident, but no new federal gun laws were passed.
9/16/2013 - Aaron Alexis, 34, killed 12 people and injured 3 others in
Washington, D.C.

Alexis was a Navy contractor and former Navy enlisted man whose
extensive disciplinary record did not thwart him when he tried to
purchase a rifle. He later shot up the Washington Navy Yard.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

4/2/2014 - Ivan Lopez, 34, killed 3 people and injured 16 others in Fort
Hood, Texas.

Lopez, like Alexis, had a problematic past in his military background
and engaged in a shooting at Fort Hood after a request for time off was
denied.

add this widget to your site

Did You Know?

An African monkey named Jackie was awarded a medal for bravery and
promoted to the rank of Corporal during World War I.

Did You Know?

Financier George Francis Train ran for office in the 1860s, hoping to
introduce America to a new calendar based on his birth date.

Did You Know?

Officially, “Air Force One” is not a specific vessel. The term
technically refers to any airplane that POTUS is currently aboard.

Did You Know?

The Democratic Party’s donkey can be traced back to 1828, when Andrew
Jackson’s political opponents called him a “jackass.”

Did You Know?

Since 1985, the cost of college in the US has increased by 500% which is
2.5 times the rate of inflation.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

5/23/2014 - Elliot Rodger, 22, killed 6 people and wounded 7 others in
Isla Vista, Calif.

Rodger went on a rampage near the campus of University of California,
Santa Barbara after complaining about girls not dating him.
No new federal gun laws were passed.

6/18/2015 - Dylann Roof, 21, killed 9 people in Charleston, SC

Roof was motivated by a white supremacist ideology to open fire in a
predominantly African-American church in Charleston, S.C.

The FBI later admitted that Roof should not have been allowed to buy a
gun, but he slipped through the cracks.
No new federal gun laws were passed.

7/16/2015 - Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez, 24, killed 5 people and wounded
3 others in Chattanooga, Tenn.

Abdulazeez shot up both a military recruiting center and a Navy-Marine
training facility before being killed by law enforcement officials.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

10/1/2015 - Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer, 26, killed 9 people and
injured 9 others in Roseburg, Ore.

Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer was described by law enforcement as
someone with white supremacist and anti-religion opinions and speculated
that these views motivated him to shoot up Umpqua Community College.

No new federal gun laws were passed.

11/29/2015 - Robert Lewis Dear, 57, killed 3 people and injured 9 others
in Colorado Springs, Colo.

Dear opened fire in a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado, with his
wife speculating that the religious Dear did so because of his
opposition to abortion rights.
No new federal gun laws were passed.

12/2/2015 - Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, 28 and 29, killed 14
people and wounded 22 others in San Bernardino, Calif.

Farook and Malik committed the shooting at the Inland Regional Center in
San Bernardino, making national headlines.

No new federal gun laws were passed, although Donald Trump (then still
seeking the Republican presidential nomination) used the shooting as an
opportunity to denounce political correctness.

6/12/2016 - Omar Mateen, 29, killed 49 people and injured 58 others in
Orlando, Fla.

Mateen engaged in a mass shooting at a popular gay night club called
Pulse. Until Sunday, this was the deadliest mass shooting in American
history.

No new federal gun laws were passed, despite President Barack Obama
urging Congress to either enact or renew laws that would ban the
possession of assault-style weapons and high-capacity ammunition
magazines. Mateen committed his attack with an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle.
10/1/2017 - Stephen Paddock, 64, killed at least 58 people and injured
at least 515 others in Las Vegas, Nev.

It is unclear what type of weapon Paddock used during the mass shooting,
although the sheriff said police found at least 10 rifles in his room.
If it turns out that Paddock did use a semiautomatic weapon, however, it
could raise concerns for legislation banning them.
Return To Home Page
Matthew Rozsa

Matthew Rozsa is a breaking news writer for Salon. He holds an MA in
History from Rutgers University-Newark and his work has appeared in Mic,
Quartz and MSNBC.

Rex Tillerson's agony, and ours: Trump's revolving door won't stop

Those who believe that the adults in the administration -- Kelly,
Mattis, McMasters, and perhaps not Tillerson -- must remain there to
pervent chaos are wrong; they also are self-serving. We need to remove
Trump and a mass resignation of these worthy gentlemen would help that
process along very much.

SNL’s “Weekend Update” on guns: “No one should own 47 of anything”

Restrict (i.e. prohibit) the sale and ownership of assault rifles.

Trump-loving Gateway Pundit blames innocent far left man for Las Vegas
massacre

Defamation law suit, served up on a platter.

Gun control and history: It's never been about the Second Amendment

Yet another deliberate attempt to rewrite history. Just from a very
naive point of view the Bill of Rights which has the 2nd Amendment at
the #2 position after Free Speech is simply a Do Not Do list for the
Federal Government. There are several versions of this right as
enshrined in State Constitutions around the country and written by the
same Founding Fathers. The intent which is quite clear if you even read
the Federalist Papers is that the Security of a Free state is best
protected by an armed populace (Militia as defined in the Constitution)
and the Right of the People to keep and bear arms shall Not be
infringed. People here is just like People in all other parts of the
Bill of Rights and it includes all PEOPLE not some nebulous collective
so please dispense with this interpretation that the 2nd Amendment is
some call to generate a standing army. We had just fought a Revolution
against a standing army and new that without our personal weapons we
would not have been able to overthrow the crown. This idea that without
Nuclear Weapons we are powerless against the Federal government is
nonsense. Is ANYONE here aware of the war in Vietanam? Korea?
Afghanistan? Iraq? How well did the Federal Government do there? A
determined people ABLE to resist tyranny can and will do so. We are not
powerless and we shouldn't ASK the government to take our rights away
from us with the promise that we will be made less racist and safer as a
result. Please wake up.

Erik Prince is considering a Senate run in Wyoming: Report

My only thought on Mr Printz is why isn't he in prison?

Against Mars-a-Lago: Why SpaceX's Mars colonization plan should terrify you

Just FYI, I skip any story with a headline which tells me how to feel. I
don't support terror-mongering in any form, regardless of source. Yes, I
know you already got your click when I entered to make this comment.

Dear Elon Musk: Your dazzling Mars plan overlooks some big nontechnical
hurdles

Is this article a joke? The headline reads like clickbait, and the
author's argument is a complete joke. He is essentially arguing for EPA
studies be conducted, on freakin' Mars, before Space x reaches Mars.
Like, they're going to send up a bunch of developers to design
McMartianMansions. Everything Musk does is to better our planet and
protect the people on it. Let's compare Musk to the most iconic busines
leader of all-time, Steve Jobs. Jobs did what, designed beautiful and
powerful personal computing devices. Cool stuff. Musk builds freakin'
rockets, to learn and help ensure the surivival of his great great great
grandchildren. Musk builds electric cars that are cool, that force a
shift in consumer thinking, and force traditional auto makers to think
about electric cars. He hates traffic, he's boring tunnels. The guy who
wrote this is either a troll or an idiot.

The case for de-extincting Ice Age megafauna

jesus christ in a hand-basket, people want to bring back extinct species
(actually animals that only physically resemble the real animals while
we are killing off so many actual species? Why not just save the ones we
have?

Sen. Bob Corker: The White House is an “adult day care center”

He needs more than day care he needs 24 hour supervised parental
oversight before he kills a couple million people. He tweets his warped
thoughts at all hours of the night! Remember America this is the finest
the Republican party had to offer America and the world. And we thought
Bush sucked!

Women's labor, sex work, and U.S. military bases abroad

Sex is, was, and always will be a commodity, a weapon, and a social
cause. As long as we keep it in the shadows and pretend it doesn't exist
we will continue to have the problems discussed here and more. Men and
women have and will continue to sell what they have to offer to make a
life for themselves. Instead of keeping it in the shadows, we need to
bring into the open, regulate the trade to protect the lives and health
of the customers and providers. There are a variety of ways the sex
trades can be operated without turning large areas of the community into
red light districts. One such idea is to make prostitution legal only
for individuals who work for themselves and don't use any sort of
marketing service or central place to distribute their wares. Make it
legal for the individual only, but continue to outlaw brothels and
pimps. License the individual to insure they are disease and drug free
so their practice is solely based on their personal desire and not an
addiction. We've kept it in the dark long enough. Bring it into the
light and allow those who wish to earn a living and care for themselves.
No one should ever be forced into the sex industry, nor should they be
medicated to keep them there. They shouldn't be the fodder for profit
for some unseeing person or business organization. Most importantly, let
them unionize and bargain for laws and protections like any other
business or worker.

Thoughts, prayers, and the five stages of media tragedy distillation

I keep seeing comments stating that we need to do something. My question
is, what restrictions would you have put in place to stop this and other
such tragedies? The guy passed his background checks and had plenty of
spare cash with which to purchase weapons and even a dealer's license.
Other than banning bump-fire stocks and other automatic fire simulators,
what could have been done? Honest question here.

Dinesh D’Souza claims etymology of Nazi proves all Nazis are “on the
left,” gets dragged on...

I'm seriously sick of this particularly ignorant and idiotic piece of
disinformation that's being disseminated by D'Souza and other
right-wingers. In the simplest possible terms, national socialism was a
product of the so-called National Revolution, a movement of the extreme
right in Germany and Austria after WWI that realized that the old
right-wing methods (monarchy and pre-war mobilizing tactics) just
wouldn't cut it in a new age where socialism and communism were on the
rise. Thus these right-wingers decided to use left-wing tactics and
structures to reinvigorate the authoritarian, militarist tradition and
create fascist parties that relied on mass mobilization, marches, full
employment and all kinds of goodies for loyal workers, and ultimately
also gulags (concentration camps) and a secret police force. None of
this made the fascists or Nazis socialists, but rather radical
right-wingers with socialist/communist structures. Fascists and leftists
despised and massacred one another. Hitler not only sought to
exterminate communism, but the entire Soviet population along with it.
So D'Souza and his buddies are full of carp.

The GOP has nominated a maniac for Senator in Roy Moore

Dear Jesus,Please save us from your followers. Amen.

Does the First Amendment let celebs say whatever they want?

Good clarification. Opinion pieces that frame these as First Amendment
issues are often just playing to the crowd. And it's not just
celebrities. A number of people were identified (one incorrectly) after
Charlottesville as white supremacists and lost jobs for cause, i.e.
without a specified reason. Then there's James Damore, fired by Google.

Bronies, the adult male fandom for “My Little Pony,” might be the best
male-led nerd group fo...

OMG I didn't know you were interviewed Lizard XD We live in the same
town we are best friends lol. You did a great job with this article
Jessica Klein! I hope to see more!

Copyright © 2017 Salon Media Group, Inc. Reproduction of material from
any Salon pages without written permission is strictly prohibited. SALON
® is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a trademark
of Salon Media Group Inc. Associated Press articles: Copyright © 2016
The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be
published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Ed Stasiak
2017-10-09 21:47:23 UTC
Except everything about it is out of the ordinary, which is why it's so shocking.
Meanwhile, it’s just another average week in the Windy City…
Indeed, ONLY the cherry-picked highlights are provided because if we were to look
at the details, we’d find that most of the “mass shootings” (defined as 3+ dead)
were also committed by Blacks.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
FPP
BTR1701
2017-10-10 04:57:04 UTC
Except everything about it is out of the ordinary, which is why it's so shocking.
Meanwhile, it’s just another average week in the Windy City…
Indeed, ONLY the cherry-picked highlights are provided because if we were to look
at the details, we’d find that most of the “mass shootings” (defined as 3+ dead)
were also committed by Blacks.
You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
Racism noted.
Also noted: FPP apparently believes that pointing out and/or commenting on
reality is racist.
FPP
2017-10-10 05:56:30 UTC
Except everything about it is out of the ordinary, which is why it's so shocking.
Meanwhile, it’s just another average week in the Windy City…
Indeed, ONLY the cherry-picked highlights are provided because if we were to look
at the details, we’d find that most of the “mass shootings” (defined as 3+ dead)
were also committed by Blacks.
You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
Racism noted.
Also noted: FPP apparently believes that pointing out and/or commenting on
reality is racist.
Nope. There are no stats that can prove that because we don't require
every department to release their stats.

They're voluntary.

That makes blaming one race without having all the facts racism.
Ed Stasiak
Inability to effectively respond noted.
FPP
2017-10-10 05:57:31 UTC
Indeed, ONLY the cherry-picked highlights are provided because if we were to look
at the details, we’d find that most of the “mass shootings” (defined as 3+ dead)
were also committed by Blacks.
Racism noted.
Inability to effectively respond noted.
Just did. Have patience... some of us aren't afraid to have a life on a
long holiday weekend.
trotsky
2017-10-08 17:59:14 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
Who CARES about Chicago stats?  They have ZERO relevance to the matter
at hand.
The gun nut in Las Vegas wasn't in Chicago.
He didn't shoot anybody in Chicago.
He didn't come from Chicago.
He wasn't going to Chicago.
He had plans to go to Chicago and shoot people at Lollapalooza but he
didn't go through with it.
BTR1701
2017-12-10 21:28:22 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
A Tale of Two Cities

CHICAGO HOUSTON
Population 2.7 million 2.15 million
Median HH Income $38,600 $37,000
% Black 38.9 24
% Hispanic 29.9 44
% Asian 5.5 6
% White 28.7 26
CCH & open carry? No Yes
Number of gun stores None 184 dedicated stores
1500 legal dealers
(Walmart, Kmart, etc.)
Homicides, 2015 1,806 207
Homicides per 100K 38.4 9.6
Avg. January high temp. 31 63

CONCLUSION: Cold weather causes murders. This is due to climate change.
trotsky
2017-12-10 21:54:14 UTC
irishranger317
[...]
Lax gun laws in Indiana produce a prevalence of guns in Chicago, but I
do appreciate your frequent attempts to sound like an asshole.

---
i***@gmail.com
2017-12-11 00:24:51 UTC
irishranger317
[...]
LOL! Well Turdsky, if that were true, why are there nearly twice as many homicides
in Chicago alone, as there are in the whole state of Indiana?

Irish Mike
FPP
2017-12-11 01:03:22 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
irishranger317
[...]
Answered 50 times already.
--
"I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and
everyone knows it. Some FAKE NEWS media, in order to marginalize, lies!"
Eric Arthur Blair
BTR1701
And refuted just as many.
FPP
Eric Arthur Blair
FPP
2017-12-11 08:51:48 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
irishranger317
[...]
So let's look at the stats, shall we? Like the 2015 mortality rates for
gun deaths for both states, percentage-wise:

Firearm Mortality by State: 2015
States are categorized from highest rate to lowest rate.

Illinois 9.5
Indiana 12.7

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm
Eric Arthur Blair
RichA
Separate out the suicides, then look at just the murder-rates and the percentage
trotsky
2017-12-11 12:27:34 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
irishranger317
[...]
I thought you shitbags say "guns don't kill people, people kill people".
Do you need a primer as to why there is more gang activity and
organized crime and drug dealing in one of the largest urban areas is
the country? Indiana is filled with fucking cornfields, that's the
difference you dumb fuck.
Ed Stasiak
2017-12-11 17:35:24 UTC
I thought you shitbags say "guns don't kill people, people kill people".
True, and all the evidence supports this and always has.
Do you need a primer as to why there is more gang activity and
organized crime and drug dealing in one of the largest urban areas
is the country?  Indiana is filled with fucking cornfields, that's the
difference you dumb fuck.
My home town isn’t filled with cornfields and in fact the primary difference
between Warren from Detroit are the demographics, (74% White vs. 80%
Black) yet while Detroit has a sky high murder rate, Warren doesn’t.

As I’ve asked a bazillion times over the years; if guns are the problem,
then why doesn’t Warren have a murder rate similar to Detroit?
trotsky
2017-12-11 18:49:35 UTC
I thought you shitbags say "guns don't kill people, people kill people".
True, and all the evidence supports this and always has.
Do you need a primer as to why there is more gang activity and
organized crime and drug dealing in one of the largest urban areas
is the country?  Indiana is filled with fucking cornfields, that's the
difference you dumb fuck.
My home town isn’t filled with cornfields
Your hometown? Which "town" is that?

---

trotsky
2017-12-11 12:30:12 UTC
http://youtu.be/98pH2yYIb-k
Hi Thanny.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-12-11 00:26:31 UTC
irishranger317
Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.
Indiana has some of the loosest gun laws in America.
That's where the guns tend to come from.
And yet in 2016, the entire state of Indiana had 439 murders
while Illinois had 1,054 with 762 of them in Chicago.
A Tale of Two Cities
CHICAGO HOUSTON
Population 2.7 million 2.15 million
Median HH Income $38,600 $37,000
% Black 38.9 24
% Hispanic 29.9 44
% Asian 5.5 6
% White 28.7 26
CCH & open carry? No Yes
What are you talking about? Federal courts forced Illinois to implement
concealed carry.
Post by BTR1701
Number of gun stores None 184 dedicated stores
1500 legal dealers
(Walmart, Kmart, etc.)
You don't have to go too far into the suburbs to find a store.
Houston must have better schools.
FPP
2017-10-08 05:33:14 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
No, not Las Vegas. No, not Afghanistan. Those are the 2017 Y-T-D homicide results for Chicago.
Democrat controlled, Obama's adopted home town, the strictest gun laws in America.
506 shot and killed. 2,433 shot and wounded. 2,939 shot in total. The vast majority are blacks
shooting and killing other blacks.
The outrage expressed by Democrats ........... crickets
The media coverage from the left wing press ......... crickets.
The amount of liberal hypocrisy displayed ............ off the charts!
Fake Irish Mike
And there are 30,000 gun deaths every year in America.
What's your point? We're No. 1?

In what? Insanity?
RichA
Freedom. You want to give up 70% of your income, give up any semblance of free speech, or association? Move to Europe. Yes, you won't likely get shot there (unless you are on the wrong end of a terrorist attack) but it won't matter.
trotsky
2017-10-08 12:17:19 UTC
No, not Las Vegas.  No, not Afghanistan.  Those are the 2017 Y-T-D
homicide results for Chicago.
Democrat controlled, Obama's adopted home town, the strictest  gun
laws in America.
506 shot and killed.  2,433 shot and wounded.  2,939 shot in total.
The vast majority are blacks
shooting and killing other blacks.
The outrage expressed by Democrats ........... crickets
The media coverage from the left wing press ......... crickets.
The amount of liberal hypocrisy displayed ............ off the charts!
Fake Irish Mike
And there are 30,000 gun deaths every year in America.
What's your point? We're No. 1?
In what?  Insanity?
One of the biggest pipelines for illegal guns in Chicago is Mike Pence's
Indiana. Shitbird Like Irish Dick don't care about facts, though.