What Did You Watch? 2017-08-09 (Wednesday)
2017-08-10 09:30:41 UTC

Nothing.

2017-08-10 13:51:27 UTC
Nothing.
What did you watch?
The usual retro stuff. Lots of DVR clearing of MY THREE SONS (Chip is
turning into a real tool. I'm not an advocate of corporal punishment
for children, but this kid needs a firm hand as much as Jake on TWO AND
A HALF MEN) and 77 SUNSET STRIP which are piling up on me. The main
event was

ALIEN COVENANT

Madre de Dios! What a train wreck of a movie!!

A friend of mine who loves the Alien stuff was lambasting this and I
decided to see what was what before I heard too many spoilers. I
needn't have bothered.

The FX were convincing, but that was about it. Why is the technology
wildly advanced over that the Nostromo would sport 2 decades later? If
David just now created the classic Xenomorph and headed off to a distant
colony world, how did they end up by the hundreds on a distant planet
decades or centuries earlier waiting to be found? What the Hell is his
*plan* for 3000 colonists and 2 facehuggers - I mean, can a planet of
nothing but Xenomorphs survive? How blatantly can they rip off Larry
Niven here, with Xenomorphs as Pak? How many times can a different
character say "my wife"? Who watched this and decided to throw in
gratuitous nudity of the prettiest girl in the cast with 5 minutes to go
in the film, and btw, thank you for the one good decision made here?

I then tried to watch The Hallelujah Trail, which I'd never seen any
part of, but it was trying way too hard to be cute. It's more of a lazy
Saturday morning flick.
Obveeus
2017-08-10 16:50:55 UTC
Nothing.
What did you watch?
The usual retro stuff.
Did you ever get through THE GIRL FROM TRIESTE?
anim8rfsk
2017-08-10 17:47:55 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Nothing.
What did you watch?
The usual retro stuff.
Did you ever get through THE GIRL FROM TRIESTE?
Haven't been able to get my hands on it yet.
icebreaker
2017-08-10 16:05:48 UTC
Salvation (CBS) -- recapped by others. Another bunch of stupidity but
it's summer.

Suits (USA) -- This is just a sad shell of itself these days. Every
one of the characters is becoming rapidly unlikeable afaiac.

---
http://www.avg.com
Dimensional Traveler
2017-08-10 17:22:50 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Suits (USA) -- This is just a sad shell of itself these days. Every
one of the characters is becoming rapidly unlikeable afaiac.
"Becoming"?
instinct are running screaming.
Obveeus
2017-08-10 17:30:05 UTC
That happened years ago.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-10 17:47:04 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Suits (USA) -- This is just a sad shell of itself these days. Every
one of the characters is becoming rapidly unlikeable afaiac.
"Becoming"?
That happened years ago.
In the pilot, which is where I stopped watching.
2017-08-11 13:30:38 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Suits (USA) -- This is just a sad shell of itself these days. Every
one of the characters is becoming rapidly unlikeable afaiac.
"Becoming"?
That happened years ago.
In the pilot, which is where I stopped watching.
I made it a couple of seasons before dumping it, but they have been
unlikable since the pilot.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-11 15:16:56 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Suits (USA) -- This is just a sad shell of itself these days. Every
one of the characters is becoming rapidly unlikeable afaiac.
"Becoming"?
That happened years ago.
In the pilot, which is where I stopped watching.
I made it a couple of seasons before dumping it, but they have been
unlikable since the pilot.
I recall wanting them to go to prison directly from college.
2017-08-10 19:25:45 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Suits (USA) -- This is just a sad shell of itself these days. Every
one of the characters is becoming rapidly unlikeable afaiac.
"Becoming"?
That happened years ago.
Hence the question mark.
instinct are running screaming.
Obveeus
Yep...I was just '+1'ing your post.
Dimensional Traveler
instinct are running screaming.
Ubiquitous
2017-08-10 16:25:49 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Salvation (CBS) -- recapped by others. Another bunch of stupidity but
it's summer.
I am so glad I didn't watch that!