Futon Critic question...
Ian J. Ball
2015-11-24 02:54:37 UTC
Does anyone know if there's anyway to access The Futon Critic's
"archives"?

I've just been looking for stuff from c.2006-07, and I can't find it
from the Futon regular website, the old links don't work, and it doesn't
look like any of these old press releases were saved at the Internet
Wayback Machine either.

So, am I just screwed here?... :(
Or is there a magical way to get into the Futon's archives.

Thanks in advance.
--
"Confirmed. Ass-kicking imminent." - ship's computer, in
Robin Miller
2015-11-24 03:57:56 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Does anyone know if there's anyway to access The Futon Critic's
"archives"?
I've just been looking for stuff from c.2006-07, and I can't find it
from the Futon regular website, the old links don't work, and it doesn't
look like any of these old press releases were saved at the Internet
Wayback Machine either.
So, am I just screwed here?... :(
Or is there a magical way to get into the Futon's archives.
Thanks in advance.
Well, if you're looking up a particular show that was on in 2006-2007,
you can search for that title, and then scroll back through the links
under Showatch for that show. For instance, Ugly Betty premiered that
season on ABC, and the links under Showatch go back to early 2006, and
the ones that I tried still worked:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/ugly-betty/

In case this helps.

--Robin
Ian J. Ball
Unfortunately, it doesn't - this time I was trying to look up "Beyond the Break" which aired on "The N", a network that no longer exists (it's now TeenNICK), so it's not in the FC show database... :(
suzeeq
Have you tried epguides.com, or tv.com?
Ian J. Ball
Those won't have press releases (or press stories), which is what I was looking for.
Robin Miller
2015-11-24 05:49:05 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by suzeeq
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
IMDb has a few news stories going back to 2007:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448950/news

--Robin
Robin Miller
2015-11-24 05:55:35 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by suzeeq
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
You could also check the news sections of the IMDb pages for the cast
members.

--Robin
Ian J. Ball
2015-11-24 06:15:04 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by suzeeq
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
IMDb's news stories aggregator is usually pretty spotty if you go back more than about 3-4 years... :(

It's frustrating because Futon *used* to have this info - but now it seems to be just "gone". :\
Rhino
2015-11-24 13:12:05 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by suzeeq
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
How about using Google to search the whole internet? There may well be a
site constructed by fans of the show that has the information you want.
Or check Olivia Munn's own website. Maybe she has an archive of news
stories about herself. Just a thought....
Rhino
Rhino
2015-11-24 13:14:54 UTC
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
IMDb's news stories aggregator is usually pretty spotty if you go back
more than about 3-4 years... :(
It's frustrating because Futon *used* to have this info - but now it
seems to be just "gone". :\
How about using Google to search the whole internet? There may well be a
site constructed by fans of the show that has the information you want.
Or check Olivia Munn's own website. Maybe she has an archive of news
stories about herself. Just a thought....
Also, how about checking the main celebrity/film/TV websites like
Deadline Hollywood, TMZ, etc. to see if they have news items on Munn?
They probably have search engines for their whole site right on their
home pages so it shouldn't be too tedious to find articles about her or
that show.
Rhino
anim8rfsk
2015-11-24 16:04:15 UTC
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
IMDb's news stories aggregator is usually pretty spotty if you go back
more than about 3-4 years... :(
It's frustrating because Futon *used* to have this info - but now it
seems to be just "gone". :\
How about using Google to search the whole internet? There may well be a
site constructed by fans of the show that has the information you want.
Or check Olivia Munn's own website. Maybe she has an archive of news
stories about herself. Just a thought....
Also, how about checking the main celebrity/film/TV websites like
Deadline Hollywood, TMZ, etc. to see if they have news items on Munn?
They probably have search engines for their whole site right on their
home pages so it shouldn't be too tedious to find articles about her or
that show.
I bet Ian is wishing he could make a list of these good ideas ...
Barb May is wrong, stupid, fat, ugly, and a liar. As usual.
Ian J. Ball
2015-11-24 17:07:35 UTC
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
IMDb's news stories aggregator is usually pretty spotty if you go back
more than about 3-4 years... :(
It's frustrating because Futon *used* to have this info - but now it
seems to be just "gone". :\
How about using Google to search the whole internet? There may well be a
site constructed by fans of the show that has the information you want.
Or check Olivia Munn's own website. Maybe she has an archive of news
stories about herself. Just a thought....
Also, how about checking the main celebrity/film/TV websites like
Deadline Hollywood, TMZ, etc. to see if they have news items on Munn?
They probably have search engines for their whole site right on their
home pages so it shouldn't be too tedious to find articles about her or
that show.
Yeah, you're a fucking genius, Rhino.

[rolls eyes at the stupidity...]
--
"Confirmed. Ass-kicking imminent." - ship's computer, in
Rhino
2015-11-24 18:05:57 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
IMDb's news stories aggregator is usually pretty spotty if you go back
more than about 3-4 years... :(
It's frustrating because Futon *used* to have this info - but now it
seems to be just "gone". :\
How about using Google to search the whole internet? There may well be a
site constructed by fans of the show that has the information you want.
Or check Olivia Munn's own website. Maybe she has an archive of news
stories about herself. Just a thought....
Also, how about checking the main celebrity/film/TV websites like
Deadline Hollywood, TMZ, etc. to see if they have news items on Munn?
They probably have search engines for their whole site right on their
home pages so it shouldn't be too tedious to find articles about her or
that show.
Yeah, you're a fucking genius, Rhino.
[rolls eyes at the stupidity...]
What exactly is so stupid about giving you alternate ways to find what
you want? Most people would describe that as helpful....
Rhino
anim8rfsk
2015-11-24 18:48:01 UTC
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
I have no idea what Ian's on about here.
Barb May is wrong, stupid, fat, ugly, and a liar. As usual.
Ian J. Ball
2015-11-24 20:07:33 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
Please don't play into Rhino's idiocy.

I obvious did all the stupid shit Rhino suggested first. He just should have shut up rather than insert himself into this.
anim8rfsk
2015-11-24 20:36:50 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
Geez, Mr. Grouchy pants.
Barb May is wrong, stupid, fat, ugly, and a liar. As usual.
Dimensional Traveler
2015-11-25 06:48:35 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
Are you going to killfile him for that?
Even Confucius complained about the younger generation's music.
Ian J. Ball
He should!! ;p
Dimensional Traveler
2015-11-26 01:58:16 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
I don't think I want to share my box with you.
Even Confucius complained about the younger generation's music.
Robin Miller
2015-11-24 04:37:01 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
Olivia Munn was in it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_the_Break

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Beyond_the_Break_episodes

--Robin
anim8rfsk
Barb May is wrong, stupid, fat, ugly, and a liar. As usual.
Robin Miller
2015-11-24 05:09:29 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
My thoughts exactly.

:-)

--Robin
anim8rfsk
2015-11-24 06:46:44 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
hee hee, something else we can agree on!
Barb May is wrong, stupid, fat, ugly, and a liar. As usual.
Ian J. Ball
2015-11-24 17:08:34 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Robin Miller
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_the_Break
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Beyond_the_Break_episodes
--Robin
Rowr
My thoughts exactly.
:-)
--Robin
hee hee, something else we can agree on!
It's funny, but Munn has never done anything for me. [shrug]
--
"Confirmed. Ass-kicking imminent." - ship's computer, in
Adam H. Kerman
That's part of her sexual appeal to other men.
anim8rfsk
2015-11-24 18:30:02 UTC
In article
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Rhino
[snip]
Post by Robin Miller
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_the_Break
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Beyond_the_Break_episodes
--Robin
Rowr
My thoughts exactly.
:-)
--Robin
hee hee, something else we can agree on!
It's funny, but Munn has never done anything for me. [shrug]
funny 'ha ha' or funny 'strange'?
Barb May is wrong, stupid, fat, ugly, and a liar. As usual.
Ian J. Ball
As far as you all are concerned? - Probably both. ;)
Adam H. Kerman
2015-11-24 04:07:49 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Does anyone know if there's anyway to access The Futon Critic's
"archives"?
I've just been looking for stuff from c.2006-07, and I can't find it
from the Futon regular website, the old links don't work, and it doesn't
look like any of these old press releases were saved at the Internet
Wayback Machine either.
So, am I just screwed here?... :(
Or is there a magical way to get into the Futon's archives.
Thanks in advance.
Probably ask Brian in email, see if he remembers.