Fun Fact: Much of Trump’s Strongest Support Comes From This Country’s ‘Sh*thole’ States
Add Reply
Drooling Trumpist Hillbilly
2018-01-13 20:34:30 UTC
Don't get your feelings hurt, Hillbillies.

https://forwardprogressives.com/fun-fact-much-of-trumps-strongest-support-
comes-from-this-countrys-shthole-states/

Fun Fact: Much of Trump’s Strongest Support Comes From This Country’s
‘Sh*thole’ States January 12, 2018 By Allen Clifton

Since Donald Trump apparently feels immigrants coming from “sh*thole
countries” shouldn’t be allowed to come here, and most of his supporters
seem to be in agreement with him, I thought I’d point out an indisputable
fact: Most of his strongest support comes from this country’s “sh*thole
states.”

Let me make it clear that I’m in no way calling these states actual
“sh*tholes,” nor am I accusing the people who live there of being “sh*tty”
people. Regardless of whether you’re a progressive living in Mississippi,
or a conservative in California, we should all be proud of where we’re
from and our country, in general. I’m only using the term “sh*thole”
because that’s apparently the disgusting generalization Trump feels is
appropriate to describe people from impoverished countries — that also
just happen to be home to “brown people.”

And we all know how Trump and his supporters feel about people who aren’t
white.

But I wanted to take this opportunity — as sad as it is that we have it —
to remind everyone that most of Trump’s strongest support comes from
states other areas of the country could rightfully call “sh*tholes” if
they were so arrogant as to do that.

If this “president” is going to say such things to degrade other people,
then I think it’s relevant to point out a few facts Trump and his
supporters won’t like.

Let’s start with education. According to the U.S. Census, here are the
bottom 10 states when it comes to percentage of citizens with a Bachelor’s
degree or higher: West Virginia
Mississippi
Arkansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Nevada
Alabama
Indiana
Oklahoma
Tennessee

Of those 10 states, 9 voted for Trump — Nevada was the only one that
didn’t.

On the flip side, here are the top 10 states when it comes to the
percentage of citizens with a Bachelor’s degree or higher: Massachusetts
Colorado
Maryland
Connecticut
New Jersey
Virginia
Vermont
New Hampshire
New York
Minnesota

Every single one of those states voted for Hillary Clinton.

Next, let’s look at access to health care.
Here are the worst 10 states when it comes to having access to health
care: Alaska
Florida
Mississippi
Texas
Oklahoma
Georgia
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
Alabama
Every single one of those states voted for Trump. They’re also states
controlled by Republicans, and 8 out of the 10 refused to expand Medicaid
as part of the Affordable Care Act.

Meanwhile, 9 of the top 10 states for access to health care (MA, HI, VT,
CT, MD, RI, MN, NH, WA) voted for Clinton, Iowa being the lone exception.
Moving on to poverty.
Here are the 10 states that rank worst when it comes to poverty rate:
Mississippi
Louisiana
New Mexico
Kentucky
West Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Arizona
Oklahoma
Georgia
Once again, 9 out of 10 (New Mexico is the only exception) voted for
Trump. Now let’s look at infant mortality rate. The 10 states that rank
worst are: Mississippi
Delaware
Alabama
Georgia
Louisiana
Arkansas
Indiana
North Carolina
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Following the pattern we’ve seen in the first few categories, 9 out of 10
of those states voted for Trump. For some further perspective, let’s look
at the 10 states with the lowest median household income. Shockingly, most
of them voted for Trump, too: Mississippi
Arkansas
West Virginia
Alabama
Kentucky
New Mexico
Louisiana
South Carolina
Tennessee
North Carolina
And just as I thought, once again, 9 out of 10 of those states voted for
Trump. Finally, let’s look at the 10 states that lead the country in per
capita gun violence, shall we? Those states are: Alaska
Louisiana
Mississippi
Alabama
Montana
Arkansas
New Mexico
Wyoming
South Carolina
Oklahoma
Here we have another instance where 9 of the 10 states that rank the worst
in some category voted for Trump. Keep in mind that not only did these
states vote for Trump, but almost all of them are controlled by Republican
governors and/or state legislatures. So, what does this information tell
us? Looking at the 10 states which rank the worst for: Citizens who don’t
have an education. Lack of access to health care for their citizens while
refusing to expand Medicaid. Percentage of people living in poverty.
Higher rates of infant mortality.
Lowest levels of median household income.
Per capita gun violence.
Almost all of them are “red states” mostly controlled by Republicans, and
also voted for Donald J. Trump. That means, by many significant metrics,
when compared to all 50 states in this country, these states are our
nation’s “sh*tholes” — and they nearly all strongly support Donald Trump
and the Republican Party. Again, I’m not calling these states “sh*tholes,”
nor am I trying to talk ill about the people who live there. As a
progressive who’s lived in Texas my entire life, I’m well aware that there
are plenty of things folks from other places of the country could say to
make fun of my state. I’m also well aware that there are millions of
progressives living in these “red states,” and that not all conservatives
are terrible people — even if it’s becoming increasingly difficult to
defend anyone who supports today’s GOP. To repeat, because I’m certain
people are going to comment on the headline of this article without
actually reading the article, the only reason I’m using the term
“sh*thole” is to play off the fact that this “president” used it when
referencing nations he deems “less than desirable.” I think it’s fair to
provide some context looking at where much of his support (and support for
the Republican party, in general) comes from in this nation. Most of Trump
and the Republican party’s strongest support comes from states that many
other parts of this country could arrogantly refer to as “sh*tholes” due
to how they rank in major statistical categories often related to
prosperous areas where health care, education, jobs, and quality of living
is better. My point is, we shouldn’t judge anyone, no matter where they’re
from, based upon whether or not they’re from a wealthy area. As someone
who grew up dirt poor, in what many could call a “sh*thole” part of San
Antonio, TX, I’d never want to be judged simply based on the “side of
town” I grew up on. This is just another example where Trump and those who
defend him prove that they’re sh*tty people who have no right to call
themselves patriotic, Christians, or decent human beings — because they’re
none of those. Be sure to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and if you want
to help me keep fighting political ignorance please head over to my
Patreon page as well.
Mark Wieber
2018-01-13 22:34:25 UTC
Post by Drooling Trumpist Hillbilly
Don't get your feelings hurt, Hillbillies.
Fun Fact: Much of Trump’s Strongest Support Comes From This Country’s
‘Sh*thole’ States
Like Mississippi, fr'instance.

Yes, I've noticed that, too. From the shithole red states, and from the
shithole red parts of otherwise blue states, like Taft, CA.
Gunner Asch
2018-01-15 16:17:39 UTC
On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 14:34:25 -0800, Mark Wieber
Subject: Re: Fun Fact: Much of Trump’s Strongest Support Comes From This Country’s ‘Sh*thole’ States
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,talk.politics.misc,alt.global-warming,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.usa.republican,alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.atheism,alt.politics.economics,can.politics,rec.arts.tv,uk.politics.misc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking

2018-01-14 00:06:33 UTC
s---hole? Like Ohio? Or Louisiana? Black cesspools.
i***@gmail.com
2018-01-14 03:20:32 UTC
Post by Drooling Trumpist Hillbilly
Don't get your feelings hurt, Hillbillies.
Fun Fact: Much of Trump’s Strongest Support Comes From This Country’s
‘Sh*thole’ States
https://forwardprogressives.com/fun-fact-much-of-trumps-strongest-support-
comes-from-this-countrys-shthole-states/
Fun Fact: Much of Trump’s Strongest Support Comes From This Country’s
‘Sh*thole’ States
True Fact: The election is over. President Trump and the Republicans won. Hillary and the Democrats lost. All of your lies and hate filled rants can’t change the cold hard facts:

*President Trump & the Republicans won, Hillary & the Democrats lost.
*President Trump beat Hillary 307 to 227 in Electoral College votes.
*President Trump beat Hillary 31 States to 19 States in the popular vote.
*Republicans now control the Whitehouse.
*Republicans now control the Senate.
*Republicans now control Congress.
*Republicans now control 36 of 50 State Governorships.
*Republicans now control two thirds of all State Legislatures.
*Republicans won more than 900 Legislative Seats from Democrats.
*President Trump’s new Justice is on the Supreme Court.
*President Trump will appoint 2 more Supreme Court Justices.

The 2016 election was a landslide victory for Republicans and a disaster for Democrats. Hillary Clinton’s political career is finished. Obama's "legacy" is just a collection of bad decisions, which President Trump is quickly dismantling.

And all you disgruntled left wingers can do is spend every single day of your lives
making hate-filled rants, for the next 3 to 7 years.

Irish Mike

Obama's legacy is President Trump
FPP
2018-01-14 13:09:09 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
And all you disgruntled left wingers can do is spend every single day of your lives
making hate-filled rants, for the next 3 to 7 years.
Irish Mike
And Republicans are going to regret backing Trumpwise, the Lying Clown,
for decades to come.
--
"Donald Trump accepted the Republican nomination Thursday July 22nd."
"ISIS claimed responsibility". - J. P. Shanley
Ubiquitous
2018-01-15 14:18:56 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
And all you disgruntled left wingers can do is spend every single day of your lives
making hate-filled rants, for the next 3 to 7 years.
And Republicans are going to regret backing Trumpwise, the Lying Clown,
for decades to come.
Awww, still bitter about Trump winning by a landslide and doing so well?