"Saved By The Bell"s Max Diner opening in Chicago
David
2016-02-09 23:53:57 UTC
http://chicagoist.com/2016/02/09/saved_by_the_bell_pop-up_bar_and_di.php

Wicker Park Is Getting A 'Saved By The Bell'-Themed Pop-up Bar And
Diner
BY TANKBOY

'A 'Saved By The Bell' parody pop-up is coming to Wicker Park

Saved By The Max, described as a "parody pop up diner/bar" devoted to
the theme of the Saved By The Bell television show, is coming to an
as-yet undisclosed location in Wicker Park on June 1.

The pop-up appears to be in no way connected to NBC or the production
company Rysher Entertainment, which originally produced the program.
We'd be willing to hedge our bets that won't keep Mr. Belding (Dennis
Haskins) from showing up at some point since he seems drawn to any
shred of nostalgia connected to his long run as the principal of the
fictional Bayside High School.

Saved By The Max will be modeled after The Max Diner, the hangout of
choice for teens Zack Morris, Kelly Kapowski, A.C. Slater, Jessie
Spano, Lisa Turtle and Screech Powers. It will feature food named
after the characters, including AC Sliders and Preppy BLTs along with
cocktails based around the shows themes.

One thing that might draw deeper customer involvement is the promise
of a daily costume contest with a $100 prize going to the best costume
based on Saved By The Bell.

Currently the even only has a mysterious Facebook page attached to it,
but you can email the organizers to get updates, or follow them on
Twitter.
anim8rfsk
2016-02-14 05:09:34 UTC
Post by David
[...]
"Currently the even only has"

I honestly don't know which word they got wrong or omitted there ...
--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/