Netflix cancels "Gypsy"
David
2017-08-11 16:38:50 UTC
http://deadline.com/2017/08/gypsy-canceled-netflix-naomi-watts-one-season-1202146744/
Obveeus
2017-08-11 17:12:28 UTC
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/08/gypsy-canceled-netflix-naomi-watts-one-season-1202146744/
I gave up on that series after a few episodes and I am not surprised
that Netflix felt that it wasn't worth pursuing a second season.

Side note: GYPSY currently has a 7.1 IMDB rating with 5,621 reviews.
Robin Miller
2017-08-11 17:12:28 UTC
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/08/gypsy-canceled-netflix-naomi-watts-one-season-1202146744/
How often has Netflix cancelled a show after just one season?

--Robin
David
2017-08-11 17:17:48 UTC
I think "The Get Down" was the first. And recently "Girlboss."
Obveeus
2017-08-11 17:27:04 UTC
Post by David
Post by Robin Miller
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/08/gypsy-canceled-netflix-naomi-watts-one-season-1202146744/
How often has Netflix cancelled a show after just one season?
I think "The Get Down" was the first.
..or maybe ATELIER, but that one was under Japanese control.

There is also STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS and THE KILLING which only lasted
1 season on Netflix, but were brought over from other networks with
other seasons.

Speaking of THE GET DOWN, google.com's front page has a hip-hop dual
turntable interactive 'game' today that is very reminiscent of THE GET DOWN.