That Is Why They Are Called Democrats
2017-08-11 03:42:38 UTC
to injuries she sustained after reportedly taking the YouTube
"Hot Water Challenge."
According to WPBF, Ki'ari Pope and her cousins watched a video
in March that showed people drinking boiling water through a
straw then dared one another to do the same.
Pope took the risk and ended up with burns in her throat and
mouth. The girl had been recovering, but when she woke up on
July 30 she was having difficulty breathing.
Not long after, she collapsed and was unresponsive, reports WPTV.
Paramedics rushed Pope to the hospital, but she could not be
revived and was pronounced dead the following morning.
Diane Johnson, the young girl's aunt, told WPEC, "Parents, talk
to your kids about these challenges. Don't just give them your
phone and let them go by. Watch what they are doing."