Bea Arthur's last days
Heck of a job, Brownie!
2008-08-07 20:51:42 UTC
Now we know the real reason she didn't attend gay magnet Estelle
Getty's funeral.

They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?

http://www.globemagazine.com/story/216
New Golden Girls Tragedy

BELOVED Bea Arthur is bravely facing her last days, say worried
friends who fear for the crippled Golden Girls star. GLOBE's exclusive
report reveals the REAL reason Bea missed costar Estelle Getty's
funeral last month - and the shocking condition that has confined her
to a wheelchair. It's must reading.
Primordial Ooze
who says they come in threes
R H Draney
2008-08-07 22:20:52 UTC
On Aug 7, 4:51=A0pm, "Heck of a job, Brownie!"
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
who says they come in threes
Everybody says they come in threes: Bat Boy, Elvis, the alien who's always
photographed shaking hands with politicians...*all* those leading media
figures....r
Evelyn Wood just looks at the pictures.
Mason Barge
Poison Ivy came in fours!
Christopher Helms
2008-08-07 22:24:19 UTC
On Aug 7, 3:51 pm, "Heck of a job, Brownie!"
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Now we know the real reason she didn't attend gay magnet Estelle
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
http://www.globemagazine.com/story/216
New Golden Girls Tragedy
BELOVED Bea Arthur is bravely facing her last days, say worried
friends who fear for the crippled Golden Girls star. GLOBE's exclusive
report reveals the REAL reason Bea missed costar Estelle Getty's
funeral last month - and the shocking condition that has confined her
to a wheelchair. It's must reading.
Let's remember the good times. Or at least one of the great opening
themes.

Kel Varnsen
Maudie is dying....that's sad.
Rob
2008-08-07 22:37:07 UTC
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Now we know the real reason she didn't attend gay magnet Estelle
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
http://www.globemagazine.com/story/216
New Golden Girls Tragedy
BELOVED Bea Arthur is bravely facing her last days, say worried
friends who fear for the crippled Golden Girls star. GLOBE's exclusive
report reveals the REAL reason Bea missed costar Estelle Getty's
funeral last month - and the shocking condition that has confined her
to a wheelchair. It's must reading.
Maudie is dying....that's sad.
---------------------------------------

Sadly, I think she's suffering from the same dementia that Estelle Getty
had. The last Bea tv appearance I saw was on The View about two years ago.
It was horrible. She could hardly walk or talk. She kept repeating the
same things and forgetting what she was going to say. Painful to watch.
BD
2008-08-08 00:16:08 UTC
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
[...]
Whoa, you can make a diagnosis by watching the VIEW? I'm impressed!!! You
will be working at the Mayo Clinic next, be sure to watch Dr. Phil too so
you can confirm the diagnosis!
CliffB
2008-08-08 02:48:38 UTC
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Now we know the real reason she didn't attend gay magnet Estelle
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
http://www.globemagazine.com/story/216
New Golden Girls Tragedy
BELOVED Bea Arthur is bravely facing her last days, say worried
friends who fear for the crippled Golden Girls star. GLOBE's exclusive
report reveals the REAL reason Bea missed costar Estelle Getty's
funeral last month - and the shocking condition that has confined her
to a wheelchair. It's must reading.
Maudie is dying....that's sad.
wikipedia

Early life

Arthur was born Bernice Frankel to Philip and Rebecca Frankel in New
York City on May 13, 1922.[1] Her family soon moved to Maryland where
her parents operated a women's clothing shop. She attended the now-
defunct Blackstone College in Blackstone, Virginia where she was
active in drama productions.

Theater

Arthur began her acting career as a member of an off Broadway theater
group at the Cherry Lane Theatre in New York City in the late 1940s.
On stage, her roles included "Lucy Brown" in the 1954 off-broadway
premiere of Kurt Weill's Threepenny Opera, "Yente the Matchmaker" in
the 1964 premiere of Fiddler on the Roof on Broadway, and a 1966 Tony
Award-winning portrayal of "Vera Charles" to Angela Lansbury's Mame.
She reprised the role in the unsuccessful 1974 film version opposite
Lucille Ball. In 1981, she appeared in Woody Allen's The Floating
Lightbulb.[2]
Rob

Chris
2008-08-07 23:58:57 UTC
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Now we know the real reason she didn't attend gay magnet Estelle
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
Not sure what Rue McClanahan's deal is either. Saw her recently
shilling for a reverse mortgage company and she had to sit down for
her spiel.
Mark
2008-08-08 01:14:21 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
Not sure what Rue McClanahan's deal is either. Saw her recently
shilling for a reverse mortgage company and she had to sit down for
her spiel.
She's obviously a little cranky as well. When recently asked by a gay
magazine what her idea of hell was she replied "having to listen to
Hillary Clinton talk over and over."
Chris
well it kinda makes sense when you think about it,,,
JFlexer
2008-08-09 00:43:57 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
Not sure what Rue McClanahan's deal is either. Saw her recently
shilling for a reverse mortgage company and she had to sit down for
her spiel.
She's obviously a little cranky as well. When recently asked by a gay
magazine what her idea of hell was she replied "having to listen to
Hillary Clinton talk over and over."
well it kinda makes sense when you think about it,,,
LOL!

She's doing fine. She's currently in a series on Logo "Sordid Lives" - its
a prequel to the movie
--
-J

*** Keeper of Bette Midler and Betty Buckley ***
JohnBL
2008-08-08 02:10:38 UTC
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
Not sure what �Rue McClanahan's deal is either. �Saw her recently
shilling for a reverse mortgage company �and she had to sit down for
her spiel.
Meanwhile, Betty White, the oldest of them all at 86, is sharp as a
tack. She looks like she has a bit of trouble walking, but she's 100%
there upstairs, as her performance on Million Dollar Password last
month will attest.

Pets must keep you young.

John L
danny burstein
2008-08-08 02:19:41 UTC
Post by JohnBL
Meanwhile, Betty White, the oldest of them all at 86, is sharp as a
tack. She looks like she has a bit of trouble walking, but she's 100%
there upstairs, as her performance on Million Dollar Password last
month will attest.
Considering that Vanessa Williams slammed that taxi door
on her and knocked her to the ground, and then, when
visiting her in the hospital nearly tore her arm off,
it's amazing she's doing so well.
***@panix.com
explorer
2008-08-08 02:25:17 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
Not sure what ?Rue McClanahan's deal is either. ?Saw her recently
shilling for a reverse mortgage company ?and she had to sit down for
her spiel.
Meanwhile, Betty White, the oldest of them all at 86, is sharp as a
tack. She looks like she has a bit of trouble walking, but she's 100%
there upstairs, as her performance on Million Dollar Password last
month will attest.

Pets must keep you young.

John L

~~~~~~~~~~~`

Oh, Betty is slowing down. I have seen her on Craig Ferguson's show and she
isn't quite as quick witted - still witty and funny but not at crackwhip
speed any more.

Still, she's in great shape. And much more quick witted than many of the
'comedians/comics" working now.
CJKatl
2008-08-08 21:40:52 UTC
Post by JohnBL
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
Not sure what Rue McClanahan's deal is either. Saw her recently
shilling for a reverse mortgage company and she had to sit down for
her spiel.
Meanwhile, Betty White, the oldest of them all at 86, is sharp as a
tack. She looks like she has a bit of trouble walking, but she's 100%
there upstairs, as her performance on Million Dollar Password last
month will attest.
Pets must keep you young.
John L
The reports of Rue McClanahan's demise are way off...

Is nobody else watching "Sordid Lives on Logo?" Rue McClanahan has
been on every episode so far, and even danced in the first ep. Yes,
she's aged. But she is obviously well enough to have a major role in a
television show.

BTW, the show is pretty funny. Not only Rue McClanahan, but Olivia
Newton John, Bonnie Bedelia (isn't she McCauley Culkin's aunt?),
Leslie Jordan, Caroline Rhea, Georgette Jones (Tammy and George's
daughter), just to name a few of the other people on the show. It's
over the top, often pretty funny, and a fresh premise of a show.
Vince
Oh BULLSHIT I saw her on the Today show the other day she was fine.
Harlett O'Dowd
2008-08-08 12:46:20 UTC
Not sure what  Rue McClanahan's deal is either.  Saw her recently
shilling for a reverse mortgage company  and she had to sit down for
her spiel.
She's doing SORDID LIVES on Logo this summer and she's fine. Zaftig,
but we knew that from THE WOMEN revival, so I'm sure that, coupled
with age means she's not as spry as she was 20 years ago - but neither
am I.
Mike Monroe
2008-08-08 00:19:13 UTC
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 20:51:42 +0000, "Heck of a job, Brownie!"
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Now we know the real reason she didn't attend gay magnet Estelle
Getty's funeral.
They say death comes in three...who's next after Estelle and Bea?
Estelle died last month so this wouldn't have happened soon enough
after hers.
Mark
2008-08-08 01:12:22 UTC
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Now we know the real reason she didn't attend gay magnet Estelle
Getty's funeral.
Nice bigoted comment. Estelle Getty was an "actress," not a "gay
magnet. Neanderthal.
Charlene
2008-08-08 12:58:22 UTC
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Now we know the real reason she didn't attend gay magnet Estelle
Getty's funeral.
Nice bigoted comment. Estelle Getty was an "actress," not a "gay
magnet. Neanderthal.
That was a direct quote from the source.

Now the source might be Neanderthal...but I thought I saw Bea Arthur
on TV recently talking about Estelle Getty. So maybe it's just stupid.

wd44
Harlett O'Dowd
2008-08-08 14:16:37 UTC
Post by Charlene
Now the source might be Neanderthal...but I thought I saw Bea Arthur
on TV recently talking about Estelle Getty. So maybe it's just stupid.
She also recently did the SEX IN THE CITY spoof

so if she's ailing it's only been recently. Give her a break. We're
all getting older.
J.D. Baldwin
2008-08-08 16:08:10 UTC
Post by Harlett O'Dowd
Post by Charlene
Now the source might be Neanderthal...but I thought I saw Bea Arthur
on TV recently talking about Estelle Getty. So maybe it's just stupid.
She also recently did the SEX IN THE CITY spoof

I get "malformed video ID" for that, but this works for me:

http://youtu.be/LMLITlAA0QM

I don't want to spoil anything, but Abe Vigoda fans (meaning
everybody) should watch this, even if they have no interest in Bea
Arthur.

I found "Golden Girls and the City" to be a lot funnier, if a WHOLE
lot sicker:

http://thatvideosite.com/video/2499
--
_+_ From the catapult of |If anyone disagrees with any statement I make, I
_|70|___:)=}- J.D. Baldwin |am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also
raoul
2008-08-08 18:23:52 UTC
Post by Harlett O'Dowd
http://youtu.be/LMLITlAA0QM
I don't want to spoil anything, but Abe Vigoda fans (meaning
everybody) should watch this, even if they have no interest in Bea
Arthur.
That's actually pretty good....

The old broad prefers the old codger. Life is good.

This is what I'm counting on... ;)
JFlexer
2008-08-09 00:47:35 UTC
Post by Charlene
Now the source might be Neanderthal...but I thought I saw Bea Arthur
on TV recently talking about Estelle Getty. So maybe it's just stupid.
She also recently did the SEX IN THE CITY spoof

http://youtu.be/LMLITlAA0QM

so if she's ailing it's only been recently. Give her a break. We're
all getting older,

That spoof was taped a couple of years ago for an awards show (maybe a Nick
At Night thing...) back when SATC was in its final season...

It was funny.

Kittyn
2008-08-08 15:19:40 UTC
Post by Heck of a job, Brownie!
Now we know the real reason she didn't attend gay magnet Estelle
Getty's funeral.
Nice bigoted comment. Estelle Getty was an "actress," not a "gay
magnet. Neanderthal.
That was a direct quote from the source.
Now the source might be Neanderthal...but I thought I saw Bea Arthur
on TV recently talking about Estelle Getty. So maybe it's just stupid.
wd44
She was also recently on an award show on TV land when the 3 of them,
absent Getty, accepted the award and seemed all to be fine.
Mikey
2008-08-08 17:49:38 UTC
Isn't THE GLOBE a tabloid magazine that is about 40 steps below the National
Enquirer? I mean this week's edition has a headline about Barack Obama's
love-child! I'll start being concerned when I read about it in a more
reputable source than THE GLOBE.
Charlene
2008-08-08 21:52:51 UTC
Post by Mikey
Isn't THE GLOBE a tabloid magazine that is about 40 steps below the National
Enquirer? I mean this week's edition has a headline about Barack Obama's
love-child! I'll start being concerned when I read about it in a more
reputable source than THE GLOBE.
A toilet stall would be a more reputable source.

wd44
Charlene
2008-08-08 21:55:03 UTC
Post by Charlene
Post by Mikey
Isn't THE GLOBE a tabloid magazine that is about 40 steps below the National
Enquirer? I mean this week's edition has a headline about Barack Obama's
love-child! I'll start being concerned when I read about it in a more
reputable source than THE GLOBE.
A toilet stall would be a more reputable source.
wd44
Oh, and my favourite headline found when googling "obama love child"
is "Barack Obama is John McCain's Love Child".

wd44
Mikey
Actually, that is true.
Terry del Fuego
2008-08-09 04:13:11 UTC
On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:55:03 -0700 (PDT), Charlene
Post by Charlene
Oh, and my favourite headline found when googling "obama love child"
is "Barack Obama is John McCain's Love Child".
Sounds a lot like some of the spam subject lines I'm seeing lately.