Orphan Black Series Finale
Add Reply
EGK
2017-08-13 03:17:24 UTC
No spoilers

I confess I didn't always follow what was going on in Orphan Black. I think
it got too convoluted and the writers didn't seem like they knew where it
was going either. This series finale brought it all home.

I often feel TV shows and movies tend to end too abruptly once the
denouement happens. I really appreciated seeing more of the aftermath. Most
shows would have ended with the bad guy dispatched and a fade to black.
Orphan black didn't stop there. Watching the rest put a huge punctuation
on Maslany's performance. Great finale.
Robin Miller
2017-08-13 04:32:58 UTC
Post by EGK
No spoilers
I confess I didn't always follow what was going on in Orphan Black. I think
it got too convoluted and the writers didn't seem like they knew where it
was going either. This series finale brought it all home.
I often feel TV shows and movies tend to end too abruptly once the
denouement happens. I really appreciated seeing more of the aftermath. Most
shows would have ended with the bad guy dispatched and a fade to black.
Orphan black didn't stop there. Watching the rest put a huge punctuation
on Maslany's performance. Great finale.
Yes, it was nice. Let us down gently after the action, let us see how
their lives developed a little bit, tied up the loose ends (well,
Rachel), and had a great dance sequence after the credits. The time and
technical precision it must have taken to put together that scene near
the end of all the clones talking in the party space ...

--Robin
Robin Miller
2017-08-13 05:08:33 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by EGK
[...]
This is apparently from the end of filming:

https://www.facebook.com/orphanblacktv/videos/1371410942894427/

--Robin
Robin Miller
2017-08-13 05:29:50 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
Post by EGK
[...]
Confirmed from the end of filming, and more from Tat:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/12/tatiana-maslany-orphan-black-series-finale/

--Robin
Robin Miller
2017-08-13 05:33:20 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
Post by EGK
[...]
And an interview with one of the creators:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/orphan-black-series-finale-spoilers-clone-club-tatiana-maslany-john-fawcett-bbc-america-1202147260/

--Robin
icebreaker
2017-08-13 15:44:37 UTC
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 00:32:58 -0400, Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
Post by EGK
[...]
Anytime all the Clones are together is special. I really thought the
final was terrific. The last scene filmed was the one with Sarah, Art,
and Helena giving birth. They used the emotion of the show ending to
help with that scene. The showrunner said she couldn't imagine Maslany
having to stay in that emotional state for so long. At one point there
was nose bleeding and snot apparently from the crying. She's from a
school of acting where she immerses in the character. It's apparent.
She did a wonderful job that wasn't as recognized by the industry as
it should have been.

---
http://www.avg.com
EGK
2017-08-13 15:55:38 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by EGK
[...]
I really hope Orphan black propels Maslany to stardom in other things. It
was a niche show but her performance(s) were so good she certainly proved
she can do a variety of characters.

One of Robin's links with the creators touched on a possible movie reunion.
I don't know where they'd go with it in a movie but I'd watch.
Robin Miller
2017-08-13 16:07:50 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by EGK
[...]
She did win the Emmy last year. But in general, yes, sci fi and other
genre shows seem to be devalued.

--Robin