Chris Matthews apologizes for Bill Cosby joke before Clinton interview
Add Reply
David
2018-01-12 21:54:15 UTC
https://www.thecut.com/2018/01/chris-matthews-bill-cosby-pill-hillary-clinton-interview.html

Exclusive: Watch Chris Matthews Joke About His ‘Bill Cosby Pill’
Before Interviewing Hillary Clinton
By Noreen Malone

On January 5, 2016, MSNBC Hardball host Chris Matthews interviewed
Hillary Clinton in an Iowa fire station during the Democratic primary
season. Network footage obtained by the Cut shows Matthews, during the
interview setup, making a couple of “jokes” about Clinton. He asks,
“Can I have some of the queen’s waters? Precious waters?” And then, as
he waits for the water, he adds, “Where’s that Bill Cosby pill I
brought with me?” Matthews then laughs, delighted with the line, for
an extended moment, as the staffers around him react with disbelief,
clearly uncomfortable. (Cosby has been accused of sexual impropriety
by dozens of women, some of whom allege that they were drugged and
raped by the comedian.)

“This was a terrible comment I made in poor taste during the height of
the Bill Cosby headlines,” Matthews said to the Cut. “I realize that’s
no excuse. I deeply regret it and I’m sorry.”

Matthews has a long history of talking disparagingly about Hillary
Clinton, whom he once called “witchy,”and often seems to channel what
a hypothetical sexist Republican might say about a woman candidate:
“she-devil,” “Madame Defarge.” In 2005, he wondered whether the troops
would “take the orders” from a (female) President Clinton. “Is she
hemmed in by the fact that she’s a woman and can’t admit a mistake,”
he asked in 2006, “or else the Republicans will say, ‘Oh, that’s a
woman’s prerogative to change her mind,’ or ‘another fickle woman’? Is
her gender a problem in her ability to change her mind?” He once
pinched her cheek following an interview, and, though he later
apologized, on another occasion suggested that she only got as far as
she did on the political stage because her husband had “messed
around.”
Breezy Kildare
Chrissy M. ... Not getting many "Thrills Up his Leg" these days ... since his Boy left the WH ... so Sad
moviePig
2018-01-12 22:27:35 UTC
Post by David
[...]
Yeah, he *should* apologize. I just hate it when people on TV don't
first run their spoken thoughts through a homogenizing Brita filter
before unleashing them on my unprotected sensibilities...
--
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
RichA
2018-01-12 23:22:53 UTC
I think Democrats get some psychological "kick" out of saying things, then grovelling apologies. I think the guilt and prostrating themselves before people gets them off. How pathetic they are.