Hooten & the Lady "Caribbean" (spoilers)
2017-09-12 07:28:47 UTC

CW said, correctly, that it was the finale. I'm sad.

Huh. Alex really does marry the infinitely patient Edward after all.
Her mother, Lady Tabitha, was driving him nuts, so he joined her on
her Caribbean adventure, even rescuing the two of them at one point.
Hooten actually encourages Alex to go through with her wedding, saying
all sorts of sweet things to her given her cold feet. For a moment, we
think she'll kiss him but that never happens. Hooten is despondent.

They're after pirate treasure. (Yeah, yeah, privateer) There's a torn
map, the fragments of which are in amazingly good shape, supposedly drawn
by the dead navigator after his death.

It ends in Viet Nam, with Alex out buying a hat on her honeymoon to join
Hooten on his adventure. The not-actually-art artifact Hooten is trying
to steal gets the two of them about to fact a bear. I didn't know there
were any.

Even though it's an unintentional finale, the ending works.
anim8rfsk
2017-09-12 16:10:09 UTC
CW said, correctly, that it was the finale. I'm sad.
It's just the 'summer finale' dammit! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Huh. Alex really does marry the infinitely patient Edward after all.
That surprised (and pleased) the heck out of me.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Her mother, Lady Tabitha, was driving him nuts, so he joined her on
her Caribbean adventure, even rescuing the two of them at one point.
Hooten actually encourages Alex to go through with her wedding, saying
all sorts of sweet things to her given her cold feet. For a moment, we
think she'll kiss him but that never happens. Hooten is despondent.
Poor Hoot.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
They're after pirate treasure. (Yeah, yeah, privateer) There's a torn
map, the fragments of which are in amazingly good shape, supposedly drawn
by the dead navigator after his death.
It ends in Viet Nam, with Alex out buying a hat on her honeymoon to join
Hooten on his adventure. The not-actually-art artifact Hooten is trying
to steal gets the two of them about to fact a bear. I didn't know there
were any.
They have bears, bear sanctuaries, thousands of bears on bear farms ...
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Even though it's an unintentional finale, the ending works.
As they give their final hoot. :(
Your Name
2017-09-12 21:02:41 UTC
[...]
Possibly done that way as a "just in case we don't make more". It gave
a sort-of ending while also leaving the door open for continuing it.