"Cash Cab" gets digital spinoff set in elevator
David
2017-12-20 17:29:13 UTC
http://deadline.com/2017/12/discovery-and-group-nine-back-cash-cab-companion-show-set-in-hotel-elevator-1202230578/

Discovery And Group Nine Back ‘Cash Cab’ Companion Show Set In Hotel
Elevator
by Dade Hayes

EXCLUSIVE: After bringing Cash Cab back to the cable TV airwaves,
Discovery and Group Nine Media, the social video powerhouse it
invested $100 million in last year, are rolling out digital companion
series Cash Lift.

The new show, which is set in a hotel elevator instead of a taxi, will
roll out on the Discovery Go digital platform and Facebook Watch,
where Group Nine ranks as the leading publisher. The series is the
first collaboration between Discovery and Group Nine on a digital
series that complements an existing linear show.

The five-episode series is based on Cash Cab, the viewer favorite
which ran from 2005 to 2012 and then returned this month to the
Discovery Channel lineup.

Hosted by comedians Alex Weber and Zainab Johnson, Cash Lift surprises
hotel guests by turning an elevator into the set of a trivia game
show. After they choose a floor, guests-turned-contestants must answer
as many questions as they can in order to win cash. The more questions
they answer correctly, the higher the elevator moves. But if they get
one question wrong, they’ll lose it all and head back down to the
lobby.
moviePig
2017-12-20 17:40:49 UTC
Post by David
[...]
Other series under consideration are 'Cash Shit' and 'Cash DMV-Line'...
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Obveeus
2017-12-20 18:10:28 UTC
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/12/discovery-and-group-nine-back-cash-cab-companion-show-set-in-hotel-elevator-1202230578/
Discovery And Group Nine Back ‘Cash Cab’ Companion Show Set In Hotel
Elevator
Saw an episode earlier this week. Horrible hosts. Easier questions.
Post by David
EXCLUSIVE: After bringing Cash Cab back to the cable TV airwaves,
Discovery
...and I'm thinking that the 'brought it back' may have only been for a
6 episode season.
Post by David
Hosted by comedians Alex Weber and Zainab Johnson,
So, that is who they are. I couldn't tell from IMDB since Discovery
Network seems unable to budget for that sort of media footprint.
Post by David
Cash Lift surprises
hotel guests by turning an elevator into the set of a trivia game
show. After they choose a floor, guests-turned-contestants must answer
as many questions as they can in order to win cash. The more questions
they answer correctly, the higher the elevator moves. But if they get
one question wrong, they’ll lose it all and head back down to the
lobby.
Well, sort of. The episode I saw suggested a one strike and you are out
format, but there is no indication that the floor the contestants choose
has anything to do with the potential number of questions. From what I
saw, the number of questions will always be 10, with the top prize level
set at $1,000.
David
2017-12-20 21:08:20 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/12/discovery-and-group-nine-back-cash-cab-companion-show-set-in-hotel-elevator-1202230578/
Discovery And Group Nine Back ‘Cash Cab’ Companion Show Set In Hotel
Elevator
Hosted by comedians Alex Weber and Zainab Johnson,
So, that is who they are. I couldn't tell from IMDB since Discovery
Network seems unable to budget for that sort of media footprint.
Are we supposed to know who they are? Like, are they from a local commercial?
Any questions?
Obveeus
2017-12-20 21:21:42 UTC
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/12/discovery-and-group-nine-back-cash-cab-companion-show-set-in-hotel-elevator-1202230578/
Discovery And Group Nine Back ‘Cash Cab’ Companion Show Set In Hotel
Elevator
Hosted by comedians Alex Weber and Zainab Johnson,
So, that is who they are. I couldn't tell from IMDB since Discovery
Network seems unable to budget for that sort of media footprint.
Are we supposed to know who they are? Like, are they from a local commercial?
They are basically nobodies. My response was the result of...a couple
days ago when I watched the pilot I tried to look them up and neither
IMDB nor Discovery network had any info on who they were. I think they
mentioned their names in the episode somewhere, but the show had no
credits and I didn't feel like having to watch another one in hopes of
hearing their names.
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
Cash Lift surprises
hotel guests by turning an elevator into the set of a trivia game
show. After they choose a floor, guests-turned-contestants must answer
as many questions as they can in order to win cash. The more questions
they answer correctly, the higher the elevator moves. But if they get
one question wrong, they’ll lose it all and head back down to the
lobby.
Well, sort of. The episode I saw suggested a one strike and you are out
format, but there is no indication that the floor the contestants choose
has anything to do with the potential number of questions. From what I
saw, the number of questions will always be 10, with the top prize level
set at $1,000.
Any questions?
The questions were multiple choice with each question having a higher
dollar threshold (sort of like WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE). There
were even a couple of 'safe levels' where if you reached that high a
level then you couldn't lose the cash you had earned so far (again like
WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE).
David
I think their names are made up, and the middle initials don't stand for anything. But they do scare the hell out of people.
Obveeus
2017-12-20 21:51:23 UTC
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
[...]
Have you seen her IMDB pic:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2827538/mediaviewer/rm2316760064
David
I wouldn't recognize her without the pumpkin-themed outfit.
anim8rfsk
2017-12-21 00:21:26 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
[...]
Persis Khambatta?
--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/
Obveeus
2017-12-21 04:00:22 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
[...]
Probably trying to channel Aisha Hinds. The CASH LIFT show has her with
long hair, though.
anim8rfsk
2017-12-20 21:36:41 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/12/discovery-and-group-nine-back-cash-cab-companion
-show-set-in-hotel-elevator-1202230578/
Discovery And Group Nine Back ‘Cash Cab’ Companion Show Set In Hotel
Elevator
Saw an episode earlier this week. Horrible hosts. Easier questions.
My DVR guide doesn't list it as being on ever.
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
EXCLUSIVE: After bringing Cash Cab back to the cable TV airwaves,
Discovery
...and I'm thinking that the 'brought it back' may have only been for a
6 episode season.
OnDemand has the Brook Shields eps - at least you can get some idea of
what ep you're looking for on OnDEMAND. The regular listings don't help
much.

Cash Cab S12 Brooke Shields
'05. Ben tests a family of three, and lucky for them Dad in in the
answer seat. Then, a family from Boston is taken back when they're
joined by Hollywood Icon, the wickedly smart and beautiful Brook Shields.
Episode: Celebrity Edition: Broke Shields. 31 min. 16 sec. Rated
TV-PG. Program Type: Entertainment. Category: Cash Cab.

And, yes, it actually says the family is "taken back" - I wonder if
Discovery got a full refund?

They also have a Dave Foley episode which I haven't seen.

And Gotffried, Garlin/Essman, Perry, Backula.

That's six all right.
Post by David
Cash Lift surprises
hotel guests by turning an elevator into the set of a trivia game
show. After they choose a floor, guests-turned-contestants must answer
as many questions as they can in order to win cash. The more questions
they answer correctly, the higher the elevator moves. But if they get
one question wrong, they’ll lose it all and head back down to the
lobby.
Well, sort of. The episode I saw suggested a one strike and you are out
format, but there is no indication that the floor the contestants choose
has anything to do with the potential number of questions. From what I
saw, the number of questions will always be 10, with the top prize level
set at $1,000.
There are other horrible sounding shows starting with CASH including

Cash Splash - KABIOD On Demand (6 min)
The Bad guys escape through a toilet.

Pushing 'play' gives me something called Kabillion which shows me an add
for Sonic the Hedgehog. Followed by "Lego City Police"

So I pull up the Dave Foley Cash Cab and it says it features both him
and Gotffried ... so did Gotffried do THREE of these?
Obveeus
2017-12-20 21:49:59 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/12/discovery-and-group-nine-back-cash-cab-companion
-show-set-in-hotel-elevator-1202230578/
Discovery And Group Nine Back ‘Cash Cab’ Companion Show Set In Hotel
Elevator
Saw an episode earlier this week. Horrible hosts. Easier questions.
My DVR guide doesn't list it as being on ever.
It is a web series:
https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/cash-lift/
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
EXCLUSIVE: After bringing Cash Cab back to the cable TV airwaves,
Discovery
...and I'm thinking that the 'brought it back' may have only been for a
6 episode season.
OnDemand has the Brook Shields eps - at least you can get some idea of
what ep you're looking for on OnDEMAND. The regular listings don't help
much.
I found the episode on Dailymotion today and watched it. Brooke Sheilds
was not of much help to her group and may have actually caused most of
their demise. The non-celeb ride with the father/mother/daughter was
more interesting. The little kid didn't know anything, but made a good
cheerleader. The episode itself was weird, though, in that they had
multiple questions where they didn't seem to know the answer, then the
dad would suddenly pull it out of his head at the last moment. I
wondered if he was feigning stupidity so that his wife/kid would have a
chance to answer first. I have no other explanation for how he suddenly
had the answers.
Post by anim8rfsk
Cash Cab S12 Brooke Shields
'05. Ben tests a family of three, and lucky for them Dad in in the
answer seat. Then, a family from Boston is taken back when they're
joined by Hollywood Icon, the wickedly smart and beautiful Brook Shields.
Episode: Celebrity Edition: Broke Shields. 31 min. 16 sec. Rated
TV-PG. Program Type: Entertainment. Category: Cash Cab.
And, yes, it actually says the family is "taken back" - I wonder if
Discovery got a full refund?
Um...wait, what?
Post by anim8rfsk
They also have a Dave Foley episode which I haven't seen.
And Gotffried, Garlin/Essman, Perry, Backula.
That's six all right.
Maybe they will have more next year, but the next few weeks of TVGuide
don't list any.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by David
[...]
THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION did that, sort of.
Post by anim8rfsk
So I pull up the Dave Foley Cash Cab and it says it features both him
and Gotffried ... so did Gotffried do THREE of these?
Just two. One where he was the only celebrity guest on the episode and
one where he he and Foley each had a celebrity ride and the episode
didn't have any non-celebrity segment.
anim8rfsk
2017-12-21 00:19:52 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/12/discovery-and-group-nine-back-cash-cab-compani
on
-show-set-in-hotel-elevator-1202230578/
Discovery And Group Nine Back ‘Cash Cab’ Companion Show Set In Hotel
Elevator
Saw an episode earlier this week. Horrible hosts. Easier questions.
My DVR guide doesn't list it as being on ever.
https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/cash-lift/
ah, thanks

Launching the season finale:
THIS VIDEO IS BAD
Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
Technical details: The media playback was aborted to to a corruption
problem

Oh well
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
[...]
Agreed to all the above
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Cash Cab S12 Brooke Shields
'05. Ben tests a family of three, and lucky for them Dad in in the
answer seat. Then, a family from Boston is taken back when they're
joined by Hollywood Icon, the wickedly smart and beautiful Brook Shields.
Episode: Celebrity Edition: Broke Shields. 31 min. 16 sec. Rated
TV-PG. Program Type: Entertainment. Category: Cash Cab.
And, yes, it actually says the family is "taken back" - I wonder if
Discovery got a full refund?
Um...wait, what?
"taken aback" means "surprised" - "taken back" means "returned for a
refund"
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
They also have a Dave Foley episode which I haven't seen.
Until now. He did *all* the heavy lifting. Good ep.
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
And Gotffried, Garlin/Essman, Perry, Backula.
That's six all right.
Maybe they will have more next year, but the next few weeks of TVGuide
don't list any.
Yep. Hardly seems worth gearing up to only make 6 eps.
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by anim8rfsk
So I pull up the Dave Foley Cash Cab and it says it features both him
and Gotffried ... so did Gotffried do THREE of these?
Just two. One where he was the only celebrity guest on the episode and
one where he he and Foley each had a celebrity ride and the episode
didn't have any non-celebrity segment.
K.

Here's a list of what order they're in:

S08 E06 · Celebrity Edition: Jeff Garlin/Susie Essman
Dec 17, 2017

S08 E05 · Celebrity Edition: Brooke Shields
Dec 17, 2017

S08 E04 · Celebrity Edition: Gilbert Gottfried/Dave Foley
Dec 10, 2017

S08 E03 · Celebrity Edition: Matthew Perry
Dec 10, 2017

S08 E02 · Celebrity Edition: Gilbert Gottfried
Dec 4, 2017

S08 E01 · Celebrity Edition: Scott Bakula
Dec 4, 2017
Adam H. Kerman
2017-12-21 01:22:51 UTC
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
Elevator
Saw an episode earlier this week. Horrible hosts. Easier questions.
My DVR guide doesn't list it as being on ever.
https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/cash-lift/
ah, thanks
THIS VIDEO IS BAD
Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
Technical details: The media playback was aborted to to a corruption
problem
Oh well
Whom did you fail to bribe?
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
anim8rfsk
Obveeus
2017-12-21 04:02:16 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
Elevator
Saw an episode earlier this week. Horrible hosts. Easier questions.
My DVR guide doesn't list it as being on ever.
https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/cash-lift/
ah, thanks
THIS VIDEO IS BAD
Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
Technical details: The media playback was aborted to to a corruption
problem
Oh well
Whom did you fail to bribe?
Probably Adobe.
It does require some login proof that you have Discovery Channel on your
cable system and that you pay for it. I suppose the darkweb is your go
to option at that point.
anim8rfsk
2017-12-21 06:01:50 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
Elevator
Saw an episode earlier this week. Horrible hosts. Easier questions.
My DVR guide doesn't list it as being on ever.
https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/cash-lift/
ah, thanks
THIS VIDEO IS BAD
Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
Technical details: The media playback was aborted to to a corruption
problem
Oh well
Whom did you fail to bribe?
Probably Adobe.
It does require some login proof that you have Discovery Channel on your
cable system and that you pay for it. I suppose the darkweb is your go
to option at that point.
Huh. It didn't even ask about that. It just failed instantly.
Dimensional Traveler
2017-12-21 03:55:12 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
http://deadline.com/2017/12/discovery-and-group-nine-back-cash-cab-compani
on
-show-set-in-hotel-elevator-1202230578/
Discovery And Group Nine Back ‘Cash Cab’ Companion Show Set In Hotel
Elevator
Saw an episode earlier this week. Horrible hosts. Easier questions.
My DVR guide doesn't list it as being on ever.
https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/cash-lift/
ah, thanks
THIS VIDEO IS BAD
Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE
Technical details: The media playback was aborted to to a corruption
problem
Oh well
Well, some form of corruption would explain it getting made....
instinct are running screaming.
Breezy Kildare
2017-12-20 21:48:54 UTC
Post by David
[...]
"EXCLUSINE" ... WOW! This must be BIG News! 100's of Millions will watch Reality Show Drivel ... maybe?