When did TV drop the "actor portrayal" requirement for advertisements?
2018-04-09 04:36:20 UTC
Or did it ever exist? I've seen ads with actors pretending to be customers of whatever product/service is being hawked, but no advisory (in font too small to read on a 60 inch screen yet) that they were actors. I'm wondering if this was ever a legal requirement for TV ads?
bob (but not that bob)
2018-04-09 05:06:47 UTC
Or did it ever exist? I've seen ads with actors pretending to be customers of whatever product/service is being hawked, but no advisory (in font too small to read on a 60 inch screen yet) that they were actors. I'm wondering if this was ever a legal requirement for TV ads?
---
I think it was only when they're wearing a white lab coat in a
doctor's/dentist's office

---
http://www.avg.com
anim8rfsk
2018-04-09 06:01:37 UTC
Post by bob (but not that bob)
Post by RichA
Or did it ever exist? I've seen ads with actors pretending to be customers
of whatever product/service is being hawked, but no advisory (in font too
small to read on a 60 inch screen yet) that they were actors. I'm
wondering if this was ever a legal requirement for TV ads?
---
I think it was only when they're wearing a white lab coat in a
doctor's/dentist's office
---
http://www.avg.com
The scammers at California Psychics put 'actor portrayal' on the images
of both the 'psychics' and their victims.
2018-04-09 06:48:59 UTC
Post by bob (but not that bob)
Post by RichA
Or did it ever exist? I've seen ads with actors pretending to be customers
of whatever product/service is being hawked, but no advisory (in font too
small to read on a 60 inch screen yet) that they were actors. I'm
wondering if this was ever a legal requirement for TV ads?
---
I think it was only when they're wearing a white lab coat in a
doctor's/dentist's office
---
http://www.avg.com
The scammers at California Psychics put 'actor portrayal' on the images
of both the 'psychics' and their victims.
And I can see why. They have to be extra careful not to go get
prosecuted for fraud.
RichA
All self-proclaimed psychics who take money for their fraud should be in jail.
Obveeus
2018-04-09 12:39:22 UTC
Post by bob (but not that bob)
Post by RichA
Or did it ever exist? I've seen ads with actors pretending to be customers of whatever product/service is being hawked, but no advisory (in font too small to read on a 60 inch screen yet) that they were actors. I'm wondering if this was ever a legal requirement for TV ads?
---
I think it was only when they're wearing a white lab coat in a
doctor's/dentist's office
I think that there was, at least at one time, a prohibition against
showing clergy on screen unless they were real clergy. I remember that
being a big deal when a bunch of priests and nuns played softball in a
Pepsi ad.