Today's premieres and other notes (Saturday, August 12)
Add Reply
Robin Miller
2017-08-12 17:45:16 UTC
Summer in the Vineyard (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)

In the sequel to Autumn in the Vineyard, Frankie and Nate are now a
couple and are gearing up for Summer Fest, the town's largest event.
They can't wait to reveal their new wine and put the vineyard on the
map. But when an issue with the wine puts things in jeopardy, both the
relationship and the partnership will be put to the test. Stars Rachael
Leigh Cook and Brendan Penny.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/summer-in-the-vineyard

Rescue Dog to Super Dog [new] (10 pm, Animal Planet)

Series finales:

Doubt (season 1 and series finale) (9 pm, CBS)

Turn: Washington Spies (season 4 and series finale) (9:00 to
10:15 pm, AMC)

Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)

Tomorrow's network and scripted premieres:

Garage Sale Mystery: Murder by Text (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark
M&M)

Famous country singer John Dalton's concert rehearsal is stalled when
the entire crew receives a suicide note from Lita, the band’s bassist.
After discovering that a Taser was used to immobilize her before her
death, Jenn is skeptical that Lita’s death was actually suicide. Stars
Lori Loughlin, Sarah Strange and Steve Bacic.

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/garage-sale-mystery-murder-by-text

Get Shorty [new] (10 pm, Epix)

Based loosely on the Elmore Leonard (which also spawned the 1995 movie
of the same name), Nevada hitman Miles Daly (Chris O’Dowd) is in
Hollywood seeking to make a career change after the estrangement from
his wife and daughter (Lucy Walters and Carolyn Dodd). He runs into
B-movie producer Rick Moreweather (Ray Romano) and convinces him to help
him make a film.

[RM: Wide range of reviews on Metacritic, from 100 by The Hollywood
Reporter to 40 by RogerEbert.com]

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/get-shorty [Metacritic score 69]

https://www.epix.com/series/get-shorty

--Robin
Jim G.
2017-08-12 18:05:34 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
<sniffle>
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
BTR1701
2017-08-12 18:50:30 UTC
I'm going to miss the sestras.
Robin Miller
2017-08-12 19:06:18 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
<sniffle>
I'm going to miss the sestras.
+10

--Robin
suzeeq
Me 20.
Jim G.
2017-08-13 02:00:46 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
<sniffle>
I'm going to miss the sestras.
I want Cosima to get her own series, with occasional visits from the
rest of the gang.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
Ian J. Ball
2017-08-12 18:27:03 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Summer in the Vineyard (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)
In the sequel to Autumn in the Vineyard, Frankie and Nate are now a
couple and are gearing up for Summer Fest, the town's largest event.
They can't wait to reveal their new wine and put the vineyard on the
map. But when an issue with the wine puts things in jeopardy, both the
relationship and the partnership will be put to the test. Stars Rachael
Leigh Cook and Brendan Penny.
--Robin
[sigh...]

Things have gotten pretty bleak since Lifetime and LMN both stopped
running new movies on Saturday. I wish LMN, at least, would go back to
running new stuff on Satuday night.
--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in
Robin Miller
2017-08-12 19:06:01 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Summer in the Vineyard (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)
In the sequel to Autumn in the Vineyard, Frankie and Nate are now a
couple and are gearing up for Summer Fest, the town's largest event.
They can't wait to reveal their new wine and put the vineyard on the
map. But when an issue with the wine puts things in jeopardy, both the
relationship and the partnership will be put to the test. Stars
Rachael Leigh Cook and Brendan Penny.
--Robin
[sigh...]
Things have gotten pretty bleak since Lifetime and LMN both stopped
running new movies on Saturday. I wish LMN, at least, would go back to
running new stuff on Satuday night.
There is a new movie next Saturday night on LMN. It's the only premiere
listed through next Monday on either channel:

Locked In (movie) (8 pm, LMN) (Sat., Aug. 19)

Ever since her father was murdered, Taylor has had to take care of her
agoraphobic mother, Ann Marie, and tend to the family farm. Ready to
start her own life, she prepares to tell her mother that she is going to
move away with her boyfriend Blake at the start of the new school year.
However, her plans are put on hold when a looming storm threatens to
destroy the farm. As she prepares for the storm, a stranger knocks on
the door asking for a place to stay because he has run out of gas.
Reluctant to trust the stranger, Taylor can't help but believe he is
connected to her father's death. Now she must brave the storm while
keeping her mother safe from this mysterious man. Josie Davis, Ryan
Paevey, and Kaleigh Rivera star. (2017)

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/locked-in

On IMDb as The Storm, with this description:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6645896/

A convicted robber (lead villain) loses his wife and child after being
sentenced to prison. While away he meets another crook who mentions a
"job" he worked with a fellow thief that ended in a monumental score but
also jail time for the pair. The second man hid the money at the home of
his wife and teenaged daughter before being sent to a separate facility
than the first two men including the lead villain. When he learns of the
moneys whereabouts he escapes prison to head for the family's farm
house. When he arrives he masks his identity to the family, gaining
their trust. But not soon after they find the true reason behind his
arrival. The story then turns into a fight for survival between a mother
and her daughter vs the escaped prisoner!

--Robin
anim8rfsk
2017-08-12 18:38:55 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
GET SHORTY looks good. I'll be watching.
Jim G.
2017-08-13 02:02:00 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Wait, you're not watching this? Have we shamed you publicly yet for not
watching this? Because not watching ORPHAN BLACK is even more shameful
than stealing someone else's ice cream or driving an RV into a really,
really, really big canyon that's hard to miss.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
suzeeq
Yes. No more drone ice cream for him!
Jim G.
2017-08-13 19:32:49 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Wait, you're not watching this? Have we shamed you publicly yet for not
watching this? Because not watching ORPHAN BLACK is even more shameful
than stealing someone else's ice cream or driving an RV into a really,
really, really big canyon that's hard to miss.
Yes. No more drone ice cream for him!
He'll get nothing and like it. ($1 to Judge Smails)
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
anim8rfsk
2017-08-13 02:51:41 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Wait, you're not watching this? Have we shamed you publicly yet for not
watching this? Because not watching ORPHAN BLACK is even more shameful
than stealing someone else's ice cream or driving an RV into a really,
really, really big canyon that's hard to miss.
I don't get BBC America. I did at Mom's but it's not included in the
package I have here, and it wasn't worth another $10 a month to me,
especially considering my Cox bill is about 5x what it's worth as it is.
What does K-Band satellite service cost anyway?
anim8rfsk
Sorry. I meant C-band and Ku-band. I always wanted a big dish receiver.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-13 05:10:57 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Wait, you're not watching this? Have we shamed you publicly yet for not
watching this? Because not watching ORPHAN BLACK is even more shameful
than stealing someone else's ice cream or driving an RV into a really,
really, really big canyon that's hard to miss.
I don't get BBC America. I did at Mom's but it's not included in the
package I have here, and it wasn't worth another $10 a month to me,
especially considering my Cox bill is about 5x what it's worth as it is.
Aren't you the one who keeps bragging about getting TV shows off the
Dark Net. (It is Orphan _BLACK_ after all.)
instinct are running screaming.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-13 05:52:27 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Wait, you're not watching this? Have we shamed you publicly yet for not
watching this? Because not watching ORPHAN BLACK is even more shameful
than stealing someone else's ice cream or driving an RV into a really,
really, really big canyon that's hard to miss.
I don't get BBC America. I did at Mom's but it's not included in the
package I have here, and it wasn't worth another $10 a month to me,
especially considering my Cox bill is about 5x what it's worth as it is.
Aren't you the one who keeps bragging about getting TV shows off the
Dark Net. (It is Orphan _BLACK_ after all.)
But then Obveeus would be mad at me.
Obveeus
2017-08-13 12:22:52 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Wait, you're not watching this? Have we shamed you publicly yet for not
watching this? Because not watching ORPHAN BLACK is even more shameful
than stealing someone else's ice cream or driving an RV into a really,
really, really big canyon that's hard to miss.
I don't get BBC America. I did at Mom's but it's not included in the
package I have here, and it wasn't worth another $10 a month to me,
especially considering my Cox bill is about 5x what it's worth as it is.
Aren't you the one who keeps bragging about getting TV shows off the
Dark Net. (It is Orphan _BLACK_ after all.)
But then Obveeus would be mad at me.
You know, if you went to the DVD side of Netflix you could watch all of
ORPHAN BLACK...that is how I do it. Of course, it means being a year
behind so there is that.
suzeeq
2017-08-13 14:05:32 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Wait, you're not watching this? Have we shamed you publicly yet for not
watching this? Because not watching ORPHAN BLACK is even more shameful
than stealing someone else's ice cream or driving an RV into a really,
really, really big canyon that's hard to miss.
I don't get BBC America. I did at Mom's but it's not included in the
package I have here, and it wasn't worth another $10 a month to me,
especially considering my Cox bill is about 5x what it's worth as it is.
There are other ways of viewing it; bet the series is even on Netflix or
Amazon prime.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-13 16:51:26 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Wait, you're not watching this? Have we shamed you publicly yet for not
watching this? Because not watching ORPHAN BLACK is even more shameful
than stealing someone else's ice cream or driving an RV into a really,
really, really big canyon that's hard to miss.
I don't get BBC America. I did at Mom's but it's not included in the
package I have here, and it wasn't worth another $10 a month to me,
especially considering my Cox bill is about 5x what it's worth as it is.
There are other ways of viewing it; bet the series is even on Netflix or
Amazon prime.
Searching The Netflix for "Orphan" returns ... Heidi.

Amazon has earlier seasons, but it's such a pain I usually don't bother
with it at all.
Time to start looking in the darker corners.
Jim G.
2017-08-13 19:32:37 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
Orphan Black (season 5 and series finale) (10 pm, BBC America)
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Wait, you're not watching this? Have we shamed you publicly yet for not
watching this? Because not watching ORPHAN BLACK is even more shameful
than stealing someone else's ice cream or driving an RV into a really,
really, really big canyon that's hard to miss.
I don't get BBC America. I did at Mom's but it's not included in the
package I have here, and it wasn't worth another $10 a month to me,
especially considering my Cox bill is about 5x what it's worth as it is.
Is this on Netflix? If not, DVDs from the library, or something? Because
it's worth the effort and it's not as if it's outdated (on the tech side
of things) at this point.
“It smells like bad beer and worse choices. I'll make it work.” – Rosita
Bustillos, WYNONNA EARP
David Barnett
2017-08-14 01:20:47 UTC
In article <anim8rfsk-***@news.easynews.com>,
***@cox.net says...
<snip>
Post by anim8rfsk
I don't get BBC America. I did at Mom's but it's not included in the
package I have here, and it wasn't worth another $10 a month to me,
especially considering my Cox bill is about 5x what it's worth as it is.
Like my Foxtel here.
David Barnett
Adam H. Kerman
Shirley Elmore Leonard is worth a look?
anim8rfsk
2017-08-13 05:26:21 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Get Shorty [new] (10 pm, Epix)
Based loosely on the Elmore Leonard (which also spawned the 1995 movie
of the same name), Nevada hitman Miles Daly (Chris O’Dowd) is in
Hollywood seeking to make a career change after the estrangement from
his wife and daughter (Lucy Walters and Carolyn Dodd). He runs into
B-movie producer Rick Moreweather (Ray Romano) and convinces him to help
him make a film.
[RM: Wide range of reviews on Metacritic, from 100 by The Hollywood
Reporter to 40 by RogerEbert.com]
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/get-shorty [Metacritic score 69]
https://www.epix.com/series/get-shorty
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Shirley Elmore Leonard is worth a look?
I don't get Epix. Like BBCA it was included for some reason at Mom's
but not here.
Hm. Comcast doesn't offer it. Oh well.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-13 06:09:30 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Get Shorty [new] (10 pm, Epix)
Based loosely on the Elmore Leonard (which also spawned the 1995 movie
of the same name), Nevada hitman Miles Daly (Chris O’Dowd) is in
Hollywood seeking to make a career change after the estrangement from
his wife and daughter (Lucy Walters and Carolyn Dodd). He runs into
B-movie producer Rick Moreweather (Ray Romano) and convinces him to help
him make a film.
[RM: Wide range of reviews on Metacritic, from 100 by The Hollywood
Reporter to 40 by RogerEbert.com]
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/get-shorty [Metacritic score 69]
https://www.epix.com/series/get-shorty
That's some serious nothing right there,> --Robin
Shirley Elmore Leonard is worth a look?
I don't get Epix. Like BBCA it was included for some reason at Mom's
but not here.
Hm. Comcast doesn't offer it. Oh well.
We got a whole bunch of ENCORE channels too, like Western.
2017-08-13 14:19:48 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
Ah. Epix isn't Starz. Looking at https://www.starz.com/schedule
there are 6 Starz channels, 8 Encore channels, and three Plex channels.
I think I have all of them. Some are in HD, most are in SD. I assume there's
both an east coast and west coast feed, but I am offered east coast feed
only. Given the number of channels they offer, it's not all that large
a movie package.
anim8rfsk
2017-08-13 16:53:16 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
Yeah, Mom got all that. Never figured out why. The westerns were fun,
but now we've got a bunch of retro channels doing that.