Today's premieres (Wednesday, Oct. 11)
Add Reply
Robin Miller
2017-10-11 17:50:25 UTC
Chance (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Hulu)

Queers [new; complete series shown all day] (10 am, BBC
America)

Eight established writers respond to the 50th anniversary of The Sexual
Offences Act, which partially decriminalized homosexual acts between men
in the UK; airs throughout the day.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/queers/listings/

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/queers

Riverdale (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, CW)

Dynasty [new] (9 pm, CW)

Arguably the most successful of the '80s primetime soaps is rebooted for
a new generation by Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie
Savage. Relocated to Atlanta, this modernized, more diverse saga about
two of America's wealthiest families stars Grant Show, Elizabeth
Gillies, Nathalie Kelley, James Mackay, and Alan Dale.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/dynasty-2017 [Metacritic score 51]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6128300/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty_(2017_TV_series)

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/dynasty/

The Story of Us with Morgan Freeman [new] (9 pm, Nat Geo)

Why do some people rise to power and others do not? Why do we fall in
love - not just with romantic partners but with friends and strangers?
How has our need to share beliefs built human culture? National
Geographic will seek to answer these big questions and many more with
new series The Story of Us with Morgan Freeman.

Mr. Robot (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, USA)

Picking up immediately following the season 2 cliffhanger, season 3 will
explore each character's motivations and the disintegration between
Elliot and Mr. Robot. Bobby Cannavale joins the cast and BD Wong becomes
a series regular. 10 episodes.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/mr-robot/season-3 [Metacritic score 73]

The Shannara Chronicles (season 2 premiere) (10 pm, Spike)

One year after the events of the last season of The Shannara Chronicles;
The Four Lands are in chaos - the re-emergence of magic has the populace
terrified, and an organization called The Crimson is hunting down magic
users. The series moves from MTV to Spike for its 2nd season. 10 episodes.

Cable reality:

Man's Greatest Food [new] (8 pm, Cooking Channel)

Roger Mooking leads a culinary odyssey around the country on the
ultimate search for Man's Greatest Food. From Steaks to Barbecue,
Seafood to Sandwiches, Pork to Pizza, and of course, man's greatest
Hamburgers, no eatery is too far out of the way for these mouth-watering
Top Fifteen shows.

Property Brothers (season 11 premiere) (9 pm, HGTV)

Tomorrow's advance notes:

I Love You, America [new] (3:01 am, Hulu)

Sarah Silverman hosts a weekly topical series.

https://www.hulu.com/i-love-you-america

Bomb Scared (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

In this dark comedy, a dysfunctional group of wannabe Basque terrorists
awaits word about a new mission while Spain makes a run at the World Cup
title.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80134526

Supernatural (season 13 premiere) (8 PM, cw)

Season 13 begins exactly where we left off, with Sam (Jared Padalecki)
and Dean (Jensen Ackles) left to pick up the pieces after the loss of
their mother, the demise of Crowley (Mark Sheppard) and the
heartbreaking death of Castiel (Misha Collins). The birth of Jack
(Alexander Calvert) leaves the Winchester brothers with differing
opinions on how to deal with a Nephilim. After being dragged into the
breach, Mary (Samantha Smith) must learn to survive Lucifer (Mark
Pellegrino) and an apocalyptic world.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/supernatural-season-13-jensen-ackles-misha-collins-jared-padalecki/

Arrow (season 6 premiere) (9 pm, CW)

Home Alone [new] (10 pm, Investigation Discovery)

When night falls and you're the only one at home, the coziest of houses
can transform into a sinister, unfamiliar labyrinth. A noise in the yard
or an unfamiliar shadow down the hall can send shivers down the spine,
especially when you discover there is someone else in the house. In the
suspense-filled new series HOME ALONE, a quiet suburban house becomes
the setting for unimaginable horror. Highlighting stories of revengeful
exes who refuse to disappear, the victims find that the walls around
them are no longer a safe sanctuary.

The Rundown with Robin Thede [new] (11 pm, BET)

Comedian and former head writer and contributor for "The Nightly Show,"
Robin Thede, gives her hilariously unique take on the week's headlines
in politics and pop culture in a fast-paced, no-holds-barred 30-minute
late night show featuring biting social commentary, sharp sketch comedy
and in-your-face pop culture parody.

http://www.bet.com/shows/the-rundown-with-robin-thede.html

The Comedy Get Down [new] (11:30 pm, BET)

The first scripted comedy series about what really happens behind the
scenes of a massive stand-up comedy tour featuring five legendary comics
- George Lopez, DL Hughley, Cedric the Entertainer, Eddie Griffin and
Charlie Murphy. They're hilarious, insane and unapologetic on stage, but
the second they step off is when the real show begins. The storylines
are based on actual events that have taken place not only on their
wildly successful Comedy Get Down arena tour, but throughout the 25 plus
years each has been a nationally headlining comedian. A workplace comedy
at its core, the 30-minute, single-camera series explores the personal
and professional relationships of these five comic titans as they
navigate the challenges of life on the road: seedy venues, racist road
managers, pushy wives, angry baby mamas, obsessive fans, demanding
celebrities, shady politicians and more.

http://www.bet.com/shows/the-comedy-get-down/extras-exclusives.html

--Robin
anim8rfsk
2017-10-11 18:11:39 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Chance (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Hulu)
http://youtu.be/dwkKS3mMlzQ
Not a (you know)
Post by Robin Miller
Queers [new; complete series shown all day] (10 am, BBC
America)
Eight established writers respond to the 50th anniversary of The Sexual
Offences Act, which partially decriminalized homosexual acts between men
in the UK; airs throughout the day.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/queers/listings/
http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/queers
Not even if I paid that extra $10 a month for BBCA
Post by Robin Miller
Riverdale (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, CW)
Nope. I'm out.
Post by Robin Miller
Dynasty [new] (9 pm, CW)
Arguably the most successful of the '80s primetime soaps
Where 'arguably' = 'not even a chance'

is rebooted for
Post by Robin Miller
a new generation by Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie
Savage. Relocated to Atlanta, this modernized, more diverse saga
gah. Does anybody else thing from the ads that they should have
switched the Crystal and Fallon actresses?

about
Post by Robin Miller
two of America's wealthiest families
Wait - two? What's the other?

stars Grant Show, Elizabeth
http://youtu.be/Uxacuu_vg8Y
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/dynasty-2017 [Metacritic score 51]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6128300/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty_(2017_TV_series)
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/dynasty/
I will take this one for the team, as well as old time's sake. Yes, I'm
rising to the snark bait.
http://youtu.be/uS-IATGfYCs
Post by Robin Miller
Bomb Scared (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
In this dark comedy, a dysfunctional group of wannabe Basque terrorists
awaits word about a new mission while Spain makes a run at the World Cup
title.
https://www.netflix.com/title/80134526
gah
Post by Robin Miller
Supernatural (season 13 premiere) (8 PM, cw)
Season 13 begins exactly where we left off, with Sam (Jared Padalecki)
and Dean (Jensen Ackles) left to pick up the pieces after the loss of
their mother, the demise of Crowley (Mark Sheppard) and the
heartbreaking death of Castiel (Misha Collins). The birth of Jack
(Alexander Calvert) leaves the Winchester brothers with differing
opinions on how to deal with a Nephilim. After being dragged into the
breach, Mary (Samantha Smith) must learn to survive Lucifer (Mark
Pellegrino) and an apocalyptic world.
http://ew.com/tv/2017/07/22/supernatural-season-13-jensen-ackles-misha-collins
-jared-padalecki/
Arrow (season 6 premiere) (9 pm, CW)
It's too awful
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
So just DA NASTY> --Robin
2017-10-11 18:24:40 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
is rebooted for
a new generation by Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie
Savage. Relocated to Atlanta, this modernized, more diverse saga
gah. Does anybody else thing from the ads that they should have
switched the Crystal and Fallon actresses?
No. But I think from the ads that Kelley is miscast as Crystal(sp?).
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
about
two of America's wealthiest families
Wait - two? What's the other?
The Colbys.
Post by Robin Miller
Arrow (season 6 premiere) (9 pm, CW)
It's too awful
ARROW!! :)
2017-10-11 19:06:59 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Robin Miller
about
two of America's wealthiest families
Wait - two? What's the other?
The Colbys.
So they're in it from the start this time?
Post by Robin Miller
Arrow (season 6 premiere) (9 pm, CW)
It's too awful
ARROW!! :)
awful
2017-10-11 20:26:43 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Gillies, Nathalie Kelley, James Mackay, and Alan Dale.
http://youtu.be/Uxacuu_vg8Y
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/dynasty-2017 [Metacritic score 51]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6128300/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty_(2017_TV_series)
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/dynasty/
I will take this one for the team, as well as old time's sake. Yes, I'm
rising to the snark bait.
So just DA NASTY> --Robin
We expect a Snarknado.
instinct are running screaming.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-11 20:29:17 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Robin Miller
Gillies, Nathalie Kelley, James Mackay, and Alan Dale.
http://youtu.be/Uxacuu_vg8Y
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/dynasty-2017 [Metacritic score 51]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6128300/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty_(2017_TV_series)
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/dynasty/
I will take this one for the team, as well as old time's sake. Yes, I'm
rising to the snark bait.
So just DA NASTY> --Robin
We expect a Snarknado.
We expect Ian to do his share of the heavy lifting.
Obveeus
2017-10-11 18:13:32 UTC
Mr. Robot        (season 3 premiere)       (10 pm, USA)
I will be watching this.
The Shannara Chronicles       (season 2 premiere)       (10 pm, Spike)
I will watch this at some point, but MR. ROBOT and YOU'RE THE WORST are
already in the timeslot.
--Robin
How come you pack all the good shows into the same timeslot?
Robin Miller
2017-10-11 18:33:04 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
--Robin
How come you pack all the good shows into the same timeslot?
Because I'm EVOL!!!!!!

:-)

--Robin
Obveeus
This is usenet...everyone is evol.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-11 19:05:52 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Robin Miller
--Robin
How come you pack all the good shows into the same timeslot?
Because I'm EVOL!!!!!!
:-)
--Robin
She has her own food line and everything!

http://eatdrinkshoplove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/evol-flatbreads.jp
2017-10-11 18:22:00 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Riverdale (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, CW)
There's not enough "NO" in the universe...
Post by Robin Miller
Dynasty [new] (9 pm, CW)
Arguably the most successful of the '80s primetime soaps is rebooted
for a new generation by Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz and
Stephanie Savage. Relocated to Atlanta, this modernized, more diverse
saga about two of America's wealthiest families stars Grant Show,
Elizabeth Gillies, Nathalie Kelley, James Mackay, and Alan Dale.
Will sample (though maybe not tonight), primarily as a show of support
for Liz Gillies. But I am not expecting to stick with this one...
Post by Robin Miller
The Shannara Chronicles (season 2 premiere) (10 pm, Spike)
One year after the events of the last season of The Shannara
Chronicles; The Four Lands are in chaos - the re-emergence of magic has
the populace terrified, and an organization called The Crimson is
hunting down magic users. The series moves from MTV to Spike for its
2nd season. 10 episodes.
Series-passed this morning.

But this has gotten *NO* promotion as far as I can tell, so I'm sure
this will tank in the ratings. It is almost like this show has been
deliberately sabotaged, what with the network switch and then the total
*blackout* on promotion for it since the network switch... >:/
Post by Robin Miller
Arrow (season 6 premiere) (9 pm, CW)
ARROW!!

(Actually looking forward to this one... ;> )
Post by Robin Miller
--Robin
Obveeus
I'm pretty sure that it was MTV that got sabotaged with this move.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-11 19:17:05 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Ian J. Ball
The Shannara Chronicles       (season 2 premiere)       (10 pm, Spike)
One year after the events of the last season of The Shannara
Chronicles; The Four Lands are in chaos - the re-emergence of magic
has the populace terrified, and an organization called The Crimson is
hunting down magic users. The series moves from MTV to Spike for its
2nd season. 10 episodes.
Series-passed this morning.
But this has gotten *NO* promotion as far as I can tell, so I'm sure
this will tank in the ratings. It is almost like this show has been
deliberately sabotaged, what with the network switch and then the total
*blackout* on promotion for it since the network switch...  >:/
I'm pretty sure that it was MTV that got sabotaged with this move.
Or there was some reason to have the show on Spike when Spike ceases to
be. Like canceling ENTERPRISE so you could fire Berman and Braga.
Obveeus
2017-10-11 19:48:42 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
Hmmm interesting thought. Any ideas what the reason might be? I just
assumed that the overlords were trying to move as many viewers as
possible to the Spike/Paramount spot on the 'cable dial'. THE SHANNARA
CHRONICLES will air all of season #2 before Spike rebrands to Paramount
Network. So, if this show gets a season #3, it will have aired on 3
networks. If there is no season #3, I'm not sure what difference it
would make if MTV cancelled the show or if Spike simply never renewed
the show because it (Spike) ceased to exist. Hollywood accountants
might have a reason, though.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-11 20:13:46 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
Yeah, I'm thinking there might be some penalty clause, like "if you
cancel the show before XX many episodes you owe us a Weinstein" but
there's an escape clause if you cancel the whole network because who the
Hell would think to protect themselves against *that*?

It's possible it could go the other way and be an effort to attract
viewers to what will soon be the next Paramount network bound to fail,
but in that case you'd expect promotion.
No, the show got sabotaged when they put no marketing budget behind it.
Bob(but not THAT Bob)
2017-10-11 23:49:25 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Chance (season 2 premiere) (3:01 am, Hulu)
One of my faves - already downloaded the first 3!
Post by Robin Miller
Mr. Robot (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, USA)
Picking up immediately following the season 2 cliffhanger,
Sure hope they remind us what that was exactly, as I'm drawing a blank
on this one.