What Did You Watch? 2018-02-13 (Tuesday)
2018-02-14 12:12:08 UTC

THE WILD WILD WEST:
"The Night Dr. Loveless Died". Michael Dunn makes his ninth of ten
appearances as Dr. Miguelito Loveless. This is the only episode to
feature Loveless in the third season and the final time he will
encounter Artie. His final appearance will take place during the
period of time Ross martin was recovering from a heart attack.
Jeremy Pike, the most popular of Artie’s replacements, will serve as
Jim’s partner for that one. If you have not already guessed,
Loveless fakes his own death and arranges for Jim and Artie to go on
an inadvertent quest to eliminate some of Loveless’ cheated
accomplices so e can have a fresh start with his schemes. The plan
works beautifully as loveless poses as his on German neuroscientist
uncle during the adventure. The uncle cannot quite help but release
his anger periodically over his nephew’s “persecution” by Jim.
Nevertheless, Jim never catches onto the doctor’s true identity
until it is too late. Loveless thanks Jim by locking him in a
sanitarium and preparing to perform a lobotomy. What an ingrate. Jim
is rescued from the operating table by rtie posing as a French
surgeon. Loveless, of course, escapes. He seemingly dies for real as
the sanitarium burns down, but we know better than that. A couple
points of note. First, Loveless’ uncle introduces himself as Dr.
Liebknich. In German, that literally translates to “love not,”
although it would not be spelled with a “k” in German. Second, Susan
Oliver, who played Vina in the original Star Trek pilot, portrays
the femme fatale. Oliver was a fascinating woman. Aside from acting,
she was a licensed pilot who once attempted to be the first woman to
fly from New York to Moscow. She was a noted expert on the history
of baseball. In her later years, she became an acclaimed director.
She won a Tony award for the only play she ever starred in. she
managed to reach the pinnacle of several careers in one lifetime,
no? “The Night Dr. Loveless Died” is one of the better Loveless
episodes because of how long the demented dwarf manipulates Jim and
Artie into his bidding. The plot and execution are some of the most
clever of Loveless’ non-would be conqueror plans. Susan Oliver is
one of the loveliest ladies from the series, too. A definite
highlight of the season.

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA:
"The Gang Gets Analyzed". The gang takes over Dee's psychotherapy
session. Hey! It's Deputy Trudy Wiegel! So now we know how Mac lost
all that weight, ha ha.

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA:
"Charlie's Mom Has Cancer". Hey! It's Sean Puff daddy Didler Combs!

HOW THE UNIVERSE WORKS:
"Secret History of Mercury". Mercury is a deadly world, facing
attacks from the sun, comets, and other planets, and even though
it's the smallest planet in the solar system, it has a dangerous
secret a dangerous secret that might one day threaten life on Earth

icebreaker
2018-02-14 17:49:15 UTC
My sched isn't permitting me the time to respond each day. Some of
what I've watched the past week:

Thumper (NF) -- some movie I watched because Eliza Taylor starred.
She's undercover as a high school student. Her ex and her boy are
slipping away from her.

When We First Met (NF) -- The one you people have been discussing with
Daddario and Hennig. Daddario's never done much for me. I find her
attractive but that's about it. The flick was watchable.

The Wedding Do Over (PixL) -- An LA-based wedding planner (Nicole Gale
Anderson) specializing in redoing weddings travels home to help her
nurse cousin (Karissa Staples) redo her wedding that was a quickie
when her beau (Stephen Colletti) was shipping out to Afghanistan.
Complicating matters is the beau's bro is paying for everything and
he's also the wedding planner's ex-fiance. You can guess where this
ended.

The season finales of Gone (very good) and Striking Out (meh).

I probably caught more things but I don't recall them off the top of
my head.
David Barnett
2018-02-14 21:02:11 UTC
On Tuesday February 13 I watched:

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: 1x15 Will You Take My Hand?
Season Finale
Discussed elsewhere, negatively.

GOTHAM: Pretty Hate Machine; Destiny Calling
Via Cable Channel Fox 8.
Not sure whether the next Season will be made available to me,
but unfortunately seems unlikely.
In the second episode I had some fish,
but now there is apparently no more fish.

Olympics
As usual recorded & my doing a lot of FF,
& sometimes it is just background noise.

GONE: Rise
Season final & I don't know the significance of the title.
Mild cliff hanger.

DIRK GENTLY: 2x6 Girl Power
One Netflix show I don't like to binge on.
David Barnett
anim8rfsk
2018-02-14 21:52:39 UTC
Post by David Barnett
GOTHAM: Pretty Hate Machine; Destiny Calling
Via Cable Channel Fox 8.
Not sure whether the next Season will be made available to me,
but unfortunately seems unlikely.
In the second episode I had some fish,
but now there is apparently no more fish.
Yay no Fish!
Post by David Barnett
GONE: Rise
Season final & I don't know the significance of the title.
Mild cliff hanger.
I have no idea what that episode titles means either.
The FBI were pretty incompetent this week.