What Did You Watch? 2017-10-09 (Monday)
2017-10-10 09:30:41 UTC
Before gaming night, I watched:

T.J. HOOKER:
"Blue Murder". Pursuing the killers of criminals freed on
technicalities is Hooker's assignment: the suspects are cops.

2017-10-10 14:29:16 UTC
It was raining a lot, so:

DESIGNATED SURVIVOR. The perpetrator of the Capitol explosion is dead,
but he's left something of himself behind in the computers to cause
havoc. They finished rebuilding the Capitol last week. They've added
the cute wife from DIRTY SEXY MONEY to the cast. I don't know where
this show is going or what they intend to do from here on out, since
the original concept seems to have gone far, far away. Still
watchable, but I think the clock is ticking. The First Lady has
already gotten another job and will be departing the series sometime
this season. She may know something we don't.

LUCIFER. Still a lot of fun, but I don't know what Tom Welling is
doing there; I guess he's a beneficiary of genre casting. Maze is back
next week in a standalone episode they shot last season in order to
cover the actress' pregnancy leave. (There are going to be three more
of these, I hear.) Tom Ellis as Lucifer continues to be brilliant.

SUPERGIRL. I swear I'd deleted the season pass for this, but I put it
up again last weekend, just to see if anything's changed, following the
steaming pile of shit that was s2. The s3 premiere was ... not
terrible. Benoist managed a good take on depression. Nice flying
sequence about three-quarters of the way through. Also, Supergirl
lifts a sub out of the water. Sis is now engaged to Maggie, who I
understand is departing the series soon, so I have no idea how they're
going to break up the happy couple. Winn's babbling bullshit was held
to a minimum. No Guardian. Cat Grant is now press secretary to
President Wonder Woman, who is illegally in office because she's an
alien not born in the U.S. Erica Durance showed up briefly in a dream
sequence and, my God, I didn't recognize her at first. She's had
terrible, obvious work -- and she's only 39, for God's sake.

THE ROBOT CHICKEN WALKING DEAD SPECIAL. I've never seen THE WALKING
DEAD, but I think I got most of the jokes anyway. One or two laughs in
there. I did like how the cast did their own voices. That was cool.

GHOST WARS. Dark, dreary and, even worse, boring. Stuck with it for
15 minutes before dumping out and deleting the season pass. It didn't
help that this series followed the superior MIDNIGHT, TEXAS by a few
weeks. Also, Vincent D'Onofrio's hair is just as bad in this as it was
in last year's EMERALD CITY. It may be a trend.

THE DEUCE. Extra-long premiere episode. Set in 1971 in and around
Times Square in New York Seedy. I liked this quite a bit, much more
than I expected to. James Franco was freakin' brilliant as the twin
brothers, better than I've ever seen him before.

THE BIG BANG THEORY. I liked the premiere, but didn't like this ep at
all. I especially didn't like Raj and Stuart chasing the Indian gal; I
thought it crossed the line into stalking, and that isn't ever funny,
not anymore.
BTR1701
It's not stalking when you ask a girl out and she says yes.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-10 16:07:19 UTC
THE BIG BANG THEORY. I liked the premiere, but didn't like this ep at
all. I especially didn't like Raj and Stuart chasing the Indian gal; I
thought it crossed the line into stalking, and that isn't ever funny,
not anymore.
It's not stalking when you ask a girl out and she says yes.
She asked THEM out. No, it's not stalking. Mental illness on her part?
Whatever it was, it wasn't funny.

I still want an explanation for why the actress had an Irish accent.
tenworld
2017-10-10 16:50:15 UTC
THE BIG BANG THEORY.
I still want an explanation for why the actress had an Irish accent.
lot of Indians live in Great Britain. I know a Sri Lankan girl with a strong
Boston accent and several Mombaians who speak British English.

I didn't like the episode either but it seems only 1/4 are funny and the rest
are just treading water.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-10 17:34:23 UTC
Post by tenworld
THE BIG BANG THEORY.
I still want an explanation for why the actress had an Irish accent.
lot of Indians live in Great Britain. I know a Sri Lankan girl with a strong
Boston accent and several Mombaians who speak British English.
In interviews she sounds like Minneapolis.
Oh yah?
anim8rfsk
2017-10-10 19:06:07 UTC
Post by tenworld
THE BIG BANG THEORY.
I still want an explanation for why the actress had an Irish accent.
lot of Indians live in Great Britain. I know a Sri Lankan girl with a strong
Boston accent and several Mombaians who speak British English.
In interviews she sounds like Minneapolis.
Oh yah?
Yes. I have no idea which accent is real. IMDb didn't have any
geographic bio info on her.

Okay, here we go. Came to LA from South Florida via NYU:

That interview is 5 years old, so her writing/directing was before she
came to Hollywood, and her interning came after ...
2017-10-11 18:37:32 UTC
THE BIG BANG THEORY.
http://youtu.be/7QgoN9pM9To
http://youtu.be/jrxZhTmprTc
That interview is 5 years old, so her writing/directing was before she
came to Hollywood, and her interning came after ...
It's a touch closer to the accent she used on Big Bang Theory.

Bloomers is a Web-based series about a group of people who sell sexy
underwear, I guess from a retail store.

She's playing a Muslim girl, but she's Muslim to the extent she wears
a hijaab but otherwise (according to the criticism I've read) she
doesn't act Muslim at all, like selling sexy underwear.

I guess she was just effecting an accent and it sounded vaguely Irish.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-11 19:15:51 UTC
Post by tenworld
THE BIG BANG THEORY.
[...]
Well, then, there ya go.
2017-10-10 17:33:32 UTC
THE BIG BANG THEORY. I liked the premiere, but didn't like this ep at
all. I especially didn't like Raj and Stuart chasing the Indian gal; I
thought it crossed the line into stalking, and that isn't ever funny,
not anymore.
It's not stalking when you ask a girl out and she says yes.
She asked THEM out. No, it's not stalking. Mental illness on her part?
Whatever it was, it wasn't funny.
I still want an explanation for why the actress had an Irish accent.
Maybe she's can't do an Indian accent?

How about an explanation as to why her credits claim that 10 years ago
she was a writer/director, and 5 years ago she was an intern?
downward spiral of life; been there, done that
m***@hotmail.com
2017-10-10 18:55:01 UTC
THE BIG BANG THEORY. I liked the premiere, but didn't like this ep at
all. I especially didn't like Raj and Stuart chasing the Indian gal; I
thought it crossed the line into stalking, and that isn't ever funny,
not anymore.
It's not stalking when you ask a girl out and she says yes.
She asked THEM out. No, it's not stalking. Mental illness on her part?
Whatever it was, it wasn't funny.
I still want an explanation for why the actress had an Irish accent.
No silly explanation like that is needed, because diversity exists in many forms in many places. Corporations usually mean diversity. Also:
"Over 700 US companies are now officially based in Ireland".

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ireland-s-economy-grows-263-in-2015-as-corporations-flock-to-low-tax-rate-a7133321.html
anim8rfsk
2017-10-10 17:27:06 UTC
THE BIG BANG THEORY. I liked the premiere, but didn't like this ep at
all. I especially didn't like Raj and Stuart chasing the Indian gal; I
thought it crossed the line into stalking, and that isn't ever funny,
not anymore.
It's not stalking when you ask a girl out and she says yes.
It is if she says it is later.
2017-10-10 18:56:47 UTC
THE BIG BANG THEORY. I liked the premiere, but didn't like this ep at
all. I especially didn't like Raj and Stuart chasing the Indian gal; I
thought it crossed the line into stalking, and that isn't ever funny,
not anymore.
It's not stalking when you ask a girl out and she says yes.
Both of them kept showing up, and at least one of them hadn't been
invited. Creepy.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-10-10 19:02:18 UTC
THE BIG BANG THEORY. I liked the premiere, but didn't like this ep at
all. I especially didn't like Raj and Stuart chasing the Indian gal; I
thought it crossed the line into stalking, and that isn't ever funny,
not anymore.
It's not stalking when you ask a girl out and she says yes.
Both of them kept showing up, and at least one of them hadn't been
invited. Creepy.
Waitaminit. You're making me think way too much about this unfunny
episode. The second meeting was requested by Ruchi. She told Bernadette
that she thought both men were funny, but she was wrong. Bernadette told
Raj. Raj was supposed to tell Stuart but he didn't. Somehow Stuart found
out. Hillarity didn't ensue.
A Friend
2017-10-10 21:50:51 UTC
THE BIG BANG THEORY. I liked the premiere, but didn't like this ep at
all. I especially didn't like Raj and Stuart chasing the Indian gal; I
thought it crossed the line into stalking, and that isn't ever funny,
not anymore.
It's not stalking when you ask a girl out and she says yes.
Both of them kept showing up, and at least one of them hadn't been
invited. Creepy.
Waitaminit. You're making me think way too much about this unfunny
episode.
I'm sorry!
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The second meeting was requested by Ruchi. She told Bernadette
that she thought both men were funny, but she was wrong. Bernadette told
Raj. Raj was supposed to tell Stuart but he didn't. Somehow Stuart found
out. Hillarity didn't ensue.
No, it didn't. You would have to send New Horizons out another ten
billion miles in order to find the hilarity in this episode.
icebreaker
2017-10-10 16:45:45 UTC
Supergirl (CW) -- Kara is feeling sorry for herself after losing Mon
El. But, that's no excuse for what The CW inflicted upon the viewer by
opening up with Kara all dressed in flowing white romping through the
meadow, grass swaying in the wind, torn between Mon El and Mom, I
think. This seemed to go on forever until they cut to Kara floating
above the City daydreaming. I guess Kara was taking a break from
cleaning up the City. It seems the cops don't have all that much to do
any longer as Kara is a bit obsessed to forget Mon El. She does swoop
down to save Sis and Maggie from a minigun mounted in the back of a
bad guy's truck. Kara's all but abandoned her buddies and her work at
CatCo. Win says she's become Alex, to which Alex objects.

The Big Bad is Adrian Pasner as developer Morgan Edge. He's explaining
to some Board including Lena and James Olson his plans for rebuilding
the dock area after the alien invasion. He doesn't like the press he's
receiving from CatCo so he's buying it. I guess his plans were
rejected as he has a submarine try to torpedo the area to destroy it.
Kara saves the day and becomes more herself afterward. Lena screws
Edge over by buying CatCo herself. Cat is now the President's press
secretary. Supergirl comes to Lena's office and flies Edge out to a
seagoing cargo ship where she leaves him stranded.

Valor (CW) -- This is a strange concept for any network show let alone
for The CW. A spec ops helicopter team flies some Raiders to extract a
Somali (but is not) and in the course of doing so gets shot down. Only
the pilots make it back and receive medals. Everyone else was captured
or killed. The female WO has a guilty conscious and wants to tell the
truth about what happened but she agreed to a story by her senior they
told when they returned. This unfortunately seems to be one of these
that may flash back and forth. I don't see this being a winner for the
CW.

Lucifer (Fox) -- Summarized by Obv. Maz returns next week. Premature
unfurling and chycks into that kind of thing. Ha.

The Gifted (Fox) -- summarized by Ian.

The Good Doctor (ABC) -- Summarized by Obv. This was a let down and if
there any more like this coming up, ABC may regret renewing this
turkey so fast. Someone sometime needs to clock this kid. He is so
annoying and his refusal to answer questions may get someone killed. I
see the actor is credited as a producer.

The Brave (NBC) -- The Team is sent to Mexico to wiretap a bad guy
arms dealer to get the entire network. This one wasn't all that great
and ranks last of the 3 that have aired.

800 Words (Aussie) -- The Threesome hit the Land Downunder with Smiler
videoing everything and being fascinated by all the creatures that
bring harm on the Continent. They arrive at the outback pub owned by
Woody's wife (Rachael Carpani). She puts him off for bit on signing
the divorce papers and lo and behold a 16 YO girl named Poppy appears,
Woody's daughter. She's a chip off the old Woody block being good with
tools and figuring things out.

Back in Weld, it's raining and raining. Arlo and Lindsay are lying
about watching zombie and other horror flicks. Shay is stir crazy and
decides to go for a run about the time Ollie shows up. He runs with
her.

Tracy gets word that the State is cracking down on unlicensed
substitute (relief) teachers so she has Katie go to the cop shop where
Hannah runs her. It seems Katie has an unpaid fine from when she threw
a bowl of beets at her best friend, and then, Zac's wife. Hannah lets
Woody's secret out and Katie freaks since she can't keep a secret. The
nervous Katie then goes to Tracy's to complete the licensing renewal.

Monty and Siousie show up at the Turner's home looking for Woody. He
and Smiler had drilled holes in the roof in anticipation of putting in
a solar system Monty had purchased. They left for Oz prior to actually
installing the system, and with all the rain leaking through, they
can't stay there. Monty says they should go to Big Mac's to stay, but
Siousie asks if they can stay there with the Turners. Shay agrees and
part of the reason is to keep Ollie away from Shay as Siousie knows
Ollie and the fact he mistakes kindness for attraction.

Back in Oz, the divorce papers are signed, Woody's Mom's ring is
returned, and goodbyes made. Before they can get out of the parking
lot, Woody has the car stop and he goes back to ask if his daughter
Poppy can come to Weld and go to school instead of going back to
boarding school. An agreement is struck and all four head back to
Weld.

Back in Weld, they stop at Tracy's where Woody gets a cold reception.
Tracy knows everything now from Katie and feels a fool for being the
only one in Town who didn't apparently know. She's hurt that Woody
didn't think enough of her to tell her the truth. She's only hurt more
when Woody introduces his daughter. Back at the Turners, it's a bit
crowded with Arlo and Lindsay, Monty and Siousie, Woody and Poppy,
Shay, and George

Heartland (CBC) -- Jack runs into Mitch at Maggie's. Mitch offers to
help Jack vaccinate some cattle. Jack ends up asking if Mitch wants to
come back for a piece of his and Tim's cattle business. He agrees.
Thus far, Lou and Katie have not appeared this season, both being in
NYC. I guess Mitch will be there when she does return.

Georgie is torn in two directions between riding Val's jumper and the
Extreme Team. It isn't possible to do both with the time required for
each. She gives up Extreme Team.

Tim and Caleb are running another rodeo school class. They disagree on
the training and Tim is going to fire Caleb until Caleb talks kindly
about him to the students. There's a new girl with no rodeo experience
but much talent that threatens Jade's standing. The girl quits when
Jade is mean to her and Jade goes to her to smooth things over.

Amy and Ty dote over Lyndy but have to share with her new godparents,
Cass and Caleb. Real baby stuff happens and Cass and Caleb aren't sure
they're ready for one of their own just yet.

---
http://www.avg.com
Obveeus
2017-10-10 17:11:43 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Lucifer (Fox) -- Summarized by Obv. Maz returns next week. Premature
unfurling and chycks into that kind of thing. Ha.
One additional note: there is some subplot being hinted at for Linda
(LUCIFER's psychotherapist). Maybe she is going to have a drug
addiction or maybe she has been touched by evil or something, but there
were hints that recovery is not coming easy for her.
Post by icebreaker
The Good Doctor (ABC) -- Summarized by Obv. This was a let down and if
there any more like this coming up, ABC may regret renewing this
turkey so fast. Someone sometime needs to clock this kid.
When he wouldn't get into the police car, he should have been left behind.
Post by icebreaker
He is so
annoying and his refusal to answer questions may get someone killed.
Now she knows his trick, though. Just don't ask questions and he will
volunteer the info.
Interesting.
shawn
2017-10-10 18:44:25 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by icebreaker
Lucifer (Fox) -- Summarized by Obv. Maz returns next week. Premature
unfurling and chycks into that kind of thing. Ha.
One additional note: there is some subplot being hinted at for Linda
(LUCIFER's psychotherapist). Maybe she is going to have a drug
addiction or maybe she has been touched by evil or something, but there
were hints that recovery is not coming easy for her.
That's true. There was clearly something going on with her injury and
her insisting that she's okay, but so far we don't know what is up
with her.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-10 17:26:37 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Supergirl (CW) -- Kara is feeling sorry for herself after losing Mon
El. But, that's no excuse for what The CW inflicted upon the viewer by
opening up with Kara all dressed in flowing white romping through the
meadow, grass swaying in the wind, torn between Mon El and Mom, I
Wait. Which Mom? And didn't they recast Mom this year?
Post by icebreaker
[...]
Okay, I like that. Lena won't hesitate to throw Snapper Carr out a
window.

Cat is now the President's press

The illegal alien President that they support because it's disguised as
a female? Maybe it just took the form of the first person it murdered?
Post by icebreaker
secretary. Supergirl comes to Lena's office and flies Edge out to a
seagoing cargo ship where she leaves him stranded.
So kidnapping, with witnesses.
Post by icebreaker
Valor (CW) -- This is a strange concept for any network show let alone
for The CW. A spec ops helicopter team flies some Raiders to extract a
Somali (but is not) and in the course of doing so gets shot down. Only
the pilots make it back and receive medals. Everyone else was captured
or killed. The female WO has a guilty conscious and wants to tell the
truth about what happened but she agreed to a story by her senior they
told when they returned. This unfortunately seems to be one of these
that may flash back and forth. I don't see this being a winner for the
CW.
Given that VALOR is Mon-El's code name (yeah, yeah) I still think
they're trying to trick people whose IQs have just been lowered by
STUPIDGIRL exposure into staying tuned.
Post by icebreaker
Lucifer (Fox) -- Summarized by Obv. Maz returns next week. Premature
unfurling and chycks into that kind of thing. Ha.
The Gifted (Fox) -- summarized by Ian.
For those of us that accidentally recorded it, were planning on deleting
it unwatched, and apparently have Ian killfiled, what's the verdict?
2017-10-10 18:56:46 UTC
Post by icebreaker
The Gifted (Fox) -- summarized by Ian.
For those of us that accidentally recorded it, were planning on deleting
it unwatched, and apparently have Ian killfiled, what's the verdict?
I liked it quite a bit, and hadn't expected to. At the end of the
first one, I knew who everyone was, and I wanted to see more.
icebreaker
2017-10-10 19:16:30 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Lucifer (Fox) -- Summarized by Obv. Maz returns next week. Premature
unfurling and chycks into that kind of thing. Ha.
The Gifted (Fox) -- summarized by Ian.
For those of us that accidentally recorded it, were planning on deleting
it unwatched, and apparently have Ian killfiled, what's the verdict?
It's an OK show thus far, but I'm still somewhat reserved due to Coby
Bell and the Government henchmen which could take it out of play if
that govt shit gets out of hand.

---
http://www.avg.com
anim8rfsk
icebreaker
2017-10-10 20:25:01 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Supergirl (CW) -- Kara is feeling sorry for herself after losing Mon
El. But, that's no excuse for what The CW inflicted upon the viewer by
opening up with Kara all dressed in flowing white romping through the
meadow, grass swaying in the wind, torn between Mon El and Mom, I
Wait. Which Mom? And didn't they recast Mom this year?
Erica Durance is the new Supermom. They like going back to the
Superman movie and Smallville well. They think it's cute. They've also
added Odette Annable to the cast as another person of power named
Reign I think.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by icebreaker
The Big Bad is Adrian Pasner as developer Morgan Edge. He's explaining
to some Board including Lena and James Olson his plans for rebuilding
the dock area after the alien invasion. He doesn't like the press he's
receiving from CatCo so he's buying it. I guess his plans were
rejected as he has a submarine try to torpedo the area to destroy it.
Kara saves the day and becomes more herself afterward. Lena screws
Edge over by buying CatCo herself.
Okay, I like that. Lena won't hesitate to throw Snapper Carr out a
window.
Jimmy's running the show. Snapper disappeared I think.
Post by icebreaker
secretary. Supergirl comes to Lena's office and flies Edge out to a
seagoing cargo ship where she leaves him stranded.
So kidnapping, with witnesses.
Lena was the only witness and she ain't telling. I keep thinking
they're going to hook up Lena and Kara. Just because they can and it
would be so SJW.

---
http://www.avg.com
A Friend
2017-10-10 21:50:52 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by icebreaker
The Big Bad is Adrian Pasner as developer Morgan Edge. He's explaining
to some Board including Lena and James Olson his plans for rebuilding
the dock area after the alien invasion. He doesn't like the press he's
receiving from CatCo so he's buying it. I guess his plans were
rejected as he has a submarine try to torpedo the area to destroy it.
Kara saves the day and becomes more herself afterward. Lena screws
Edge over by buying CatCo herself.
Okay, I like that. Lena won't hesitate to throw Snapper Carr out a
window.
Jimmy's running the show. Snapper disappeared I think.
They said Snapper is on "sabbatical," which likely means we won't be
seeing him again. Since Snapper had nothing to do but lurk in the
background at CatCo and grouse, no loss.

Nice to see that Profit now has footholds in both the DC and Marvel TV
universes. Nobody does sneaky-evil as well as Profit.
anim8rfsk
2017-10-10 22:06:47 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by icebreaker
Supergirl (CW) -- Kara is feeling sorry for herself after losing Mon
El. But, that's no excuse for what The CW inflicted upon the viewer by
opening up with Kara all dressed in flowing white romping through the
meadow, grass swaying in the wind, torn between Mon El and Mom, I
Wait. Which Mom? And didn't they recast Mom this year?
Erica Durance is the new Supermom. They like going back to the
Superman movie and Smallville well. They think it's cute.
Yeah, that was it. And, heh.

They've also
Post by icebreaker
added Odette Annable to the cast as another person of power named
Reign I think.
Yep. In the comics, aka Worldkiller. Yet another of Zor-El's evil bio
weapons come to haunt his daughter.
Post by icebreaker
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by icebreaker
The Big Bad is Adrian Pasner as developer Morgan Edge. He's explaining
to some Board including Lena and James Olson his plans for rebuilding
the dock area after the alien invasion. He doesn't like the press he's
receiving from CatCo so he's buying it. I guess his plans were
rejected as he has a submarine try to torpedo the area to destroy it.
Kara saves the day and becomes more herself afterward. Lena screws
Edge over by buying CatCo herself.
Okay, I like that. Lena won't hesitate to throw Snapper Carr out a
window.
Jimmy's running the show. Snapper disappeared I think.
Well that would be good. Except with Jimmy in charge she has no need to
hide her sneaking away.
Post by icebreaker
secretary. Supergirl comes to Lena's office and flies Edge out to a
seagoing cargo ship where she leaves him stranded.
So kidnapping, with witnesses.
Lena was the only witness and she ain't telling.
There weren't people on the ship?

I keep thinking
Post by icebreaker
they're going to hook up Lena and Kara. Just because they can and it
would be so SJW.
Oh, yeah, they've been teasing that all along. I think her sister
coming out sort of lessens the chances of that though.

Thanks!
2017-10-10 23:03:06 UTC
A really really weird MY THREE SONS.

A coworker of Steve's has finally tracked down his illegitimate daughter
from the Korean War. Her mother was killed in a bombing and she
disappeared, being dumped from one sadistic orphanage to another, always
just one step ahead of the foraging soldiers looking to murder
civilians. I'm really not making this up. She's arriving that day and
her father hasn't found a housekeeper yet, so he asks Steve to take care
of her, and Steve says (seriously) "Sure, we'll just put her in the
attic." No. Really. He wasn't kidding.

First she has to charm Charley, which she of course instantly does, but
she's always diving under the table when a car backfires. Finally the
father finds a nasty, vile, evil female housekeeper, and Charley tells
the girl to kick the housekeeper in the shins so she'll quit, and ...
everybody goes back into the Douglas household, where I assume she'll
live in the attic forever and never be mentioned again.

The final season of 77 SUNSET STRIP heads towards it's premature end.
They've dropped the Bradbury Building from the opening and all
establishing shots, although the sets are the same - I suspect they had
a fight, as the last episode with the building had Stu toss a guy off
his fifth floor balcony to an unpleasant death on the indoor courtyard
below. Almost every episode takes place out of town, with Stu flying
around the country (and the world) for his $50 a day.
icebreaker
2017-10-10 23:52:21 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Post by icebreaker
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by icebreaker
The Big Bad is Adrian Pasner as developer Morgan Edge. He's explaining
to some Board including Lena and James Olson his plans for rebuilding
the dock area after the alien invasion. He doesn't like the press he's
receiving from CatCo so he's buying it. I guess his plans were
rejected as he has a submarine try to torpedo the area to destroy it.
Kara saves the day and becomes more herself afterward. Lena screws
Edge over by buying CatCo herself.
Okay, I like that. Lena won't hesitate to throw Snapper Carr out a
window.
Jimmy's running the show. Snapper disappeared I think.
Well that would be good. Except with Jimmy in charge she has no need to
hide her sneaking away.
She quit CatCo in this episode 'cause Jimbo was on her case to get he
stories in. She was supposed to interview herself (Kara interview SG)
but just couldn't find the time to do it. Ha. I'm sure the quitting
won't stick as she returned to normal and going out with her buddies
post work at the end of the 'sode.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by icebreaker
secretary. Supergirl comes to Lena's office and flies Edge out to a
seagoing cargo ship where she leaves him stranded.
So kidnapping, with witnesses.
Lena was the only witness and she ain't telling.
There weren't people on the ship?
I didn't see any. The deck was filled with shipping containers.
They're strapped down and it was nighttime. Kara had just walked out
of Lena's office when Edge came in pissed off 'cause Lena had bought
Catco out from under him. Lena said she didn't give a shit what he
thought. Kara turned around and landed as SG on Lena's office outside
deck and took Edge for a flight.
Post by anim8rfsk
I keep thinking
Post by icebreaker
they're going to hook up Lena and Kara. Just because they can and it
would be so SJW.
Oh, yeah, they've been teasing that all along. I think her sister
coming out sort of lessens the chances of that though.
Maybe. It might also be a what the heck. It runs in the "family"'
Aren't all the comics turning the males into females or LBGT alphabet
these days?
Post by anim8rfsk
Thanks!
---
http://www.avg.com
anim8rfsk
2017-10-11 01:56:30 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by icebreaker
Post by icebreaker
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by icebreaker
[...]
LOL, so Jimbo, who knows her secret, who himself idiotically moonlights
as a guy in a tin suit, is after her to do a fraudulent interview?
Hypocritical moron.
Post by icebreaker
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by icebreaker
secretary. Supergirl comes to Lena's office and flies Edge out to a
seagoing cargo ship where she leaves him stranded.
So kidnapping, with witnesses.
Lena was the only witness and she ain't telling.
There weren't people on the ship?
I didn't see any. The deck was filled with shipping containers.
They're strapped down and it was nighttime. Kara had just walked out
of Lena's office when Edge came in pissed off 'cause Lena had bought
Catco out from under him. Lena said she didn't give a shit what he
thought. Kara turned around and landed as SG on Lena's office outside
deck and took Edge for a flight.
K. Still ...
Post by icebreaker
Post by anim8rfsk
I keep thinking
Post by icebreaker
they're going to hook up Lena and Kara. Just because they can and it
would be so SJW.
Oh, yeah, they've been teasing that all along. I think her sister
coming out sort of lessens the chances of that though.
Maybe. It might also be a what the heck. It runs in the "family"'
Aren't all the comics turning the males into females or LBGT alphabet
these days?
There's that.
2017-10-11 16:31:29 UTC
Cat is now the President's press secretary
Which seems to have been added for no other reason than to insert random
pro-Democrat commentary.
icebreaker
2017-10-11 19:00:46 UTC
Cat is now the President's press secretary
Which seems to have been added for no other reason than to insert random
pro-Democrat commentary.
Pretty much thus far. Now that she's sold CatCo to Lena is there any
need to see or hear from her again?

---
http://www.avg.com
anim8rfsk
2017-10-11 19:15:14 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Post by BTR1701
Cat is now the President's press secretary
Which seems to have been added for no other reason than to insert random
pro-Democrat commentary.
Pretty much thus far. Now that she's sold CatCo to Lena is there any
need to see or hear from her again?
She only makes a couple appearances a season since they moved to Canadia.
2017-10-11 21:49:07 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Post by BTR1701
Cat is now the President's press secretary
Which seems to have been added for no other reason than to insert random
pro-Democrat commentary.
Pretty much thus far. Now that she's sold CatCo to Lena is there any
need to see or hear from her again?
She only makes a couple appearances a season since they moved to Canadia.
She doesn't even need to go to Canuckistan to shoot those
press-secretary inserts. It's a good solution, if their intention is
to show Cat more often this season. If not, it gets rid of her.
Dimensional Traveler
2017-10-11 22:13:35 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Post by BTR1701
Cat is now the President's press secretary
Which seems to have been added for no other reason than to insert random
pro-Democrat commentary.
Pretty much thus far. Now that she's sold CatCo to Lena is there any
need to see or hear from her again?
She only makes a couple appearances a season since they moved to Canadia.
She doesn't even need to go to Canuckistan to shoot those
press-secretary inserts. It's a good solution, if their intention is
to show Cat more often this season. If not, it gets rid of her.
I'm thinking Canadia won't let her into the country to shoot scenes there.
instinct are running screaming.
b***@gmail.com
2017-10-11 21:52:57 UTC
Most Americans voted for Hillary, so its mathematics. It makes sense.
~consul
2017-10-24 17:32:05 UTC
Post by icebreaker
Valor (CW) -- This is a strange concept for any network show let alone
for The CW. A spec ops helicopter team flies some Raiders to extract a
Somali (but is not) and in the course of doing so gets shot down. Only
the pilots make it back and receive medals. Everyone else was captured
or killed. The female WO has a guilty conscious and wants to tell the
truth about what happened but she agreed to a story by her senior they
told when they returned. This unfortunately seems to be one of these
that may flash back and forth. I don't see this being a winner for the
CW.
I just saw this. Out of Valor, The Brave, and Seal that have aired,
Valor is the weakest of them all. It seems like a crappy
conspiracy/mystery so far. Maybe too many flashbacks into a dark/dim
setting. The lead woman, Christina Ochoa, you know what, I think she
was better on Blood Drive, and not just the sexual stuff.
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For here,
at the end of all things, we shall do what needs to be done."
--till next time, consul
Ian J. Ball
2017-10-24 19:38:58 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by icebreaker
[...]
I would expect that Ochoa would be better at playing "femme fatale"-ish, yes.

Ian (Note: I have not sampled "Valor", and do not expect to.)
Obveeus
2017-10-24 20:25:47 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by icebreaker
[...]
VALOR is getting a 0.2demo...so almost no one is watching.

Right now, it looks like a race between VALOR and TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY
for first cancellation of the Fall season.
Obveeus
2017-10-24 20:02:13 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by icebreaker
Valor (CW) -- This is a strange concept for any network show let alone
for The CW. A spec ops helicopter team flies some Raiders to extract a
Somali (but is not) and in the course of doing so gets shot down. Only
the pilots make it back and receive medals. Everyone else was captured
or killed. The female WO has a guilty conscious and wants to tell the
truth about what happened but she agreed to a story by her senior they
told when they returned. This unfortunately seems to be one of these
that may flash back and forth. I don't see this being a winner for the
CW.
I just saw this. Out of Valor, The Brave, and Seal that have aired,
Valor is the weakest of them all.
There is also SIX on TNT and maybe even SHOOTER on USA Network and the
upcoming WACO on Paramount Network. Can we toss HOMELAND into the mix?

Of course, the only two passably good military shows are THE ORVILLE and
STAR TREK DISCOVERY...but maybe they are good precisely because they
aren't saddled with the distant past.
I like her on ANIMAL KINGDOM.
Ubiquitous
2017-10-10 22:56:12 UTC
Supergirl - "Girl of Steel" - Season 3 kicks off to an excellent start
with Supergirl still mourning the loss of Mon-El, so she's throwing
herself into her super work at the expense of Kara's work life. There
were some pretty good battles/effects (although I did wonder if the sub
was going to break in half). I actually wondered who directed this
episode. I also liked how Supergirl dealt with Profit, I mean Morgan
Edge at the end. It reminded me of what George Reeves's Superman once
did to one of the villains.
I heard some grousing about them recreating some iconic scenes from The Man
of Steel Returns.
David Barnett
2017-10-10 22:44:09 UTC
On Mon Oct 9

THE DOCTOR BLAKE MYSTERIES: All She Leaves Behind
OK if not great,

NCIS:LA: Party Crashers
Hetty appears only at the end of the episode.
Average,

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: The Butcher's Knife Cares Not
Discussed elsewhere.
David Barnett
Ubiquitous
2017-10-11 09:09:26 UTC
"Girl of Steel". Season 3 kicks off to an excellent start
with Supergirl still mourning the loss of Mon-El, so she's throwing
herself into her super work at the expense of Kara's work life. There
were some pretty good battles/effects (although I did wonder if the sub
was going to break in half). I actually wondered who directed this
episode. I also liked how Supergirl dealt with Profit, I mean Morgan
Edge at the end. It reminded me of what George Reeves's Superman once
did to one of the villains.
You mean when he murdered them in cold (hah) blood?
Hey, he told them to stay put; It's not his fault they tried to escape
unsuited.
Yeah, they should have just starved while freezing to death.
He wasn't going to let that happen, but if they were going to make a break for
it, at least don't do it while wearing high heels!
2017-10-12 08:55:00 UTC
SUPERGIRL / 3x01 / Girl of Steel
[Kara deals with the loss of Mon-El by focusing all her energy on being
Supergirl and the mysterious new threat against National City. Alex
confesses a secret to Maggie about their impending nuptials. A citizen
of National City has a mysterious connection to Kara, and Lena makes a
bold move.]
"Oh, come on, Alex. Your unrelenting seriousness is one of your best
qualities."
So, was Alex's secret "I'm a man, baby!"?
Kara and Mon-El soap opera. Alex and Maggie soap opera. The usual
liberal social agenda throughout the script. Kara is basically a bitch
to everyone because it's the nuance- and subtlety-free way that bad CW
writers *always* have their characters deal with loss. And c'mon. It was
Mon-El, after all. If he was really supposed to be portrayed as the love
of her life, then chalk that one up as a fail on the part of past
writers, as well. In any case, she's all better by the end of the
episode since that's also how CW writers handle this sort of thing: make
a character an asshat, but only for 42 minutes or less.
At the unveiling of a "Girl of Steel" statue, wackiness ensues when some
bad guys start torpedoing the event, and a young mother shows mysterious
signs of an ongoing role on the show. Later, Lena buys CatCo to keep
Evil Businessman Edge from doing so. In perhaps the only good exchange
of the entire outing, Alex asks Hank to walk her down the aisle at her
wedding. And how does that work, exactly? Will she and Maggie take turns
walking down the aisle or will they both walk down it together?
I believe it is traditional for gay couples that the more butch one performs
the man's part of the nuptuals.
Jim G.
2017-10-12 16:48:44 UTC
SUPERGIRL / 3x01 / Girl of Steel
[Kara deals with the loss of Mon-El by focusing all her energy on being
Supergirl and the mysterious new threat against National City. Alex
confesses a secret to Maggie about their impending nuptials. A citizen
of National City has a mysterious connection to Kara, and Lena makes a
bold move.]
"Oh, come on, Alex. Your unrelenting seriousness is one of your best
qualities."
So, was Alex's secret "I'm a man, baby!"?
No, it was a very soapy "I don't want a big wedding because my dad can't
be there" type of thing. Because DRAMA!
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Seriously? I'd never considered the procedural ramifications before. I
suppose the same sort of issue would confront two dudes getting married
in terms of the question of whom are they waiting for if they're both
waiting at the altar.
"Captain, respectfully submit that the attractiveness of the ship's
occupant makes the rescue imperative." -- Lt. Gordon Malloy, THE ORVILLE
BTR1701
2017-10-12 17:34:40 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Well, it's bizarre on its face that gay couples seem to want to shoehorn
their relationship into the trappings of straight traditions in the
first place.
Jim G.
2017-10-12 18:25:42 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Cultural misappropriation!!! :)
Obveeus
2017-10-12 17:40:59 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
There is no more reason why the guy has to wait at the front of the
church than that the marrying couple has to spend an hour on their knees
praying and consuming various parts of their deity. Such procedural
ramifications are a narrow minded view of marriage traditions. Just as
not all weddings involve a father giving away a bride as if she were
chattel, not all weddings involve one person walking down a runway
(rather than neither or both).
Jim G.
2017-10-12 18:30:32 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
I hate to interrupt this latest display of religious tolerance on your
part, but your point is irrelevant.
Post by Obveeus
Such procedural
ramifications are a narrow minded view of marriage traditions. Just as
not all weddings involve a father giving away a bride as if she were
chattel, not all weddings involve one person walking down a runway
(rather than neither or both).
I hate to interrupt this latest soap box lecture on your part, but your
point is irrelevant.

In both instances, your comments are irrelevant since the only issue at
play is the specific one that the episode brought up: that of Alex
pointing out that her father is not available to "walk me down the
aisle," which is why she reached out to Hank later on to "walk me down
the aisle." Which means that being walked down the aisle is something
that she very much wants.
A Friend
2017-10-13 02:53:58 UTC
Post by Obveeus
There is no more reason why the guy has to wait at the front of the
church than that the marrying couple has to spend an hour on their knees
praying and consuming various parts of their deity. Such procedural
ramifications are a narrow minded view of marriage traditions. Just as
not all weddings involve a father giving away a bride as if she were
chattel, not all weddings involve one person walking down a runway
(rather than neither or both).
I've been to exactly one Catholic nuptial Mass. The actual wedding was
in the middle somewhere, and it seemed almost like an afterthought.
Ubiquitous
2017-10-12 17:45:31 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by Ubiquitous
SUPERGIRL / 3x01 / Girl of Steel
[Kara deals with the loss of Mon-El by focusing all her energy on being
Supergirl and the mysterious new threat against National City. Alex
confesses a secret to Maggie about their impending nuptials. A citizen
of National City has a mysterious connection to Kara, and Lena makes a
bold move.]
"Oh, come on, Alex. Your unrelenting seriousness is one of your best
qualities."
So, was Alex's secret "I'm a man, baby!"?
No, it was a very soapy "I don't want a big wedding because my dad can't
be there" type of thing. Because DRAMA!
I like my idea better. :-D
Post by Jim G.
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Semi-seriously. I think I heard a one-liner on TV with two guys saying "the
one who's the bigger queen has to be `the bride`".
~consul
2017-10-25 20:21:24 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
of the entire outing, Alex asks Hank to walk her down the aisle at her
wedding. And how does that work, exactly? Will she and Maggie take
turns walking down the aisle or will they both walk down it together?
I believe it is traditional for gay couples that the more butch one
performs the man's part of the nuptuals.
Seriously? I'd never considered the procedural ramifications before. I
suppose the same sort of issue would confront two dudes getting
married in terms of the question of whom are they waiting for if
they're both waiting at the altar.
I've been a to a few same sex marriages, and some are traditional and
had 1 person waiting at the altaer while the other walked up. It
wasn't always the butch one who was up front. Other weddings had them
both walk together.
And like with my marriage to my female wife, she didn't have her dad
walk her down. We felt it was a little too patriarchal and that we
were both old enough not to need the parent's to walk us. Though we
weren't too anti-patriarchal in that I did walk first. I did wear an
awesome Chinese gown to complement her awesome western wedding gown.
:D I looked FAB-u-LOUS! :D
--till next time, consul
Jim G.
2017-10-27 04:35:42 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by Ubiquitous
of the entire outing, Alex asks Hank to walk her down the aisle at her
wedding. And how does that work, exactly? Will she and Maggie take
turns walking down the aisle or will they both walk down it together?
I believe it is traditional for gay couples that the more butch one
performs the man's part of the nuptuals.
Seriously? I'd never considered the procedural ramifications before. I
suppose the same sort of issue would confront two dudes getting
married in terms of the question of whom are they waiting for if
they're both waiting at the altar.
I've been a to a few same sex marriages, and some are traditional and
had 1 person waiting at the altaer while the other walked up. It
wasn't always the butch one who was up front. Other weddings had them
both walk together.
Interesting!
Post by ~consul
And like with my marriage to my female wife, she didn't have her dad
walk her down. We felt it was a little too patriarchal and that we
were both old enough not to need the parent's to walk us. Though we
weren't too anti-patriarchal in that I did walk first. I did wear an
awesome Chinese gown to complement her awesome western wedding gown.
:D I looked FAB-u-LOUS! :D
You're brave. It's usually not a good idea to do anything that might
upstage the bride on her wedding day. :)