Today's premieres and other notes (Wednesday, Feb. 15)
Add Reply
Robin Miller
2018-02-14 19:44:42 UTC
Love Per Square Foot (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Individually, bank employees Sanjay and Karina don't earn enough to be
able to buy a home, so they decide to enter into a marriage of
convenience. Indian film.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/web-series/love-per-square-foot-netflix-vicky-kaushal-5060330/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80227304

Chris Rock: Tambourine (comedy special) (3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80167498

Greenhouse Academy (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80095435

This Close [new] (Sundance Now)

Dramedy from writer-creator-stars Shoshannah Stern and Josh Feldman
(both deaf actors) also features Zach Gilford, Cheryl Hines, and Marlee
Matlin. The six-episode half-hour series explores the relationship
between best friends Kate (Stern), who is newly engaged, and Michael
(Feldman), who is attempting to move on from his ex-fiancé.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/01/this-close-review-sundance-now-series-deaf-1201920716/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/arts/television/this-close-sundance-now.html

MythBusters (season 20 finale) (8 and 9 pm, two episodes,
Science Channel)

Relationships Just for Laughs (special) (8 pm, CW)

The Top 14 Greatest Valentine's Day Movies of All Time (special)
(9 pm, CW)

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Stargate Origins [new] (Stargate Command)

Streaming-only prequel series is the latest entry in the Stargate franchise.

https://origins.stargatecommand.co/

Re:Mind [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

12 female high school classmates awaken, restrained to a large dining
room. While fearing for their lives, they question a motive to this
bizarre act. 13 episodes. Japanese TV series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7332652/

http://stream.depressingsubs.com/playlist/drama-remind-2017/

http://asianwiki.com/Re:_Mind

https://www.netflix.com/title/80198794

Mysteries at the Museum (season 20 premiere) (9 pm, Travel
Channel)

Roseanne: The Return - A Special of 20/20 (special) (10 pm, ABC)

As ABC's hit show "Roseanne" gears up to return to television this
spring, the entire cast reveals behind-the-scenes moments, memories, and
what to expect from the revival of one of TV's most iconic sitcoms in a
special edition of "20/20." Returning actors Roseanne Barr, John
Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson, Michael Fishman
and Sarah Chalke discuss the show's legacy and share what life was like
starring on the No. 1 show.

--Robin
Robin Miller
2018-02-14 19:45:36 UTC

Make that Wednesday, Feb. 14.
http://youtu.be/ttPhRKh-PRs
http://youtu.be/quXiTOfjzl4
--Robin
anim8rfsk
2018-02-14 19:59:15 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Stargate Origins [new] (Stargate Command)
Streaming-only prequel series is the latest entry in the Stargate franchise.
https://origins.stargatecommand.co/
I had forgotten about this entirely. I wonder if anybody will bother to
pirate it ...

Thanks> --Robin
2018-02-14 22:07:51 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Stargate Origins [new] (Stargate Command)
Streaming-only prequel series is the latest entry in the Stargate franchise.
https://origins.stargatecommand.co/
I had forgotten about this entirely. I wonder if anybody will bother to
pirate it ...
Heh, let's hope so. ;)
Thanks> --Robin
Ian J. Ball
2018-02-14 20:36:46 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Greenhouse Academy (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
[sigh...] I'll guess I'll have to get back to this at some point.
Post by Robin Miller
Re:Mind [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
12 female high school classmates awaken, restrained to a large dining
room. While fearing for their lives, they question a motive to this
bizarre act. 13 episodes. Japanese TV series.
--Robin
This sounds somewhat intriguing, though I wish it were more like 6
episodes rather than 13...
Obveeus
2018-02-14 22:29:23 UTC
Greenhouse Academy        (complete season 2)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
[sigh...]  I'll guess I'll have to get back to this at some point.
Shouldn't we be the ones sighing for/about you?
Re:Mind       [new; complete season 1]         (3:01 am, Netflix)
12 female high school classmates awaken, restrained to a large dining
room. While fearing for their lives, they question a motive to this
bizarre act. 13 episodes. Japanese TV series.
--Robin
This sounds somewhat intriguing, though I wish it were more like 6
episodes rather than 13...
Sounds a bit like that other series, MILLION YEN WOMEN, where some guy
ends up with 5 women living with him, but isn't allowed to ask how/why.
Both are mystery series from Japan. Looking at IMDB, the two shows also
share a writer and a producer.
anim8rfsk
2018-02-15 00:16:31 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Greenhouse Academy        (complete season 2)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
[sigh...]  I'll guess I'll have to get back to this at some point.
Shouldn't we be the ones sighing for/about you?
Re:Mind       [new; complete season 1]         (3:01 am, Netflix)
12 female high school classmates awaken, restrained to a large dining
room. While fearing for their lives, they question a motive to this
bizarre act. 13 episodes. Japanese TV series.
--Robin
This sounds somewhat intriguing, though I wish it were more like 6
episodes rather than 13...
Sounds a bit like that other series, MILLION YEN WOMEN, where some guy
ends up with 5 women living with him, but isn't allowed to ask how/why.
Both are mystery series from Japan. Looking at IMDB, the two shows also
share a writer and a producer.
I only made it through the pilot of MYW.
Obveeus
2018-02-15 04:10:10 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Greenhouse Academy        (complete season 2)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
[sigh...]  I'll guess I'll have to get back to this at some point.
Shouldn't we be the ones sighing for/about you?
Re:Mind       [new; complete season 1]         (3:01 am, Netflix)
12 female high school classmates awaken, restrained to a large dining
room. While fearing for their lives, they question a motive to this
bizarre act. 13 episodes. Japanese TV series.
--Robin
This sounds somewhat intriguing, though I wish it were more like 6
episodes rather than 13...
Sounds a bit like that other series, MILLION YEN WOMEN, where some guy
ends up with 5 women living with him, but isn't allowed to ask how/why.
Both are mystery series from Japan. Looking at IMDB, the two shows also
share a writer and a producer.
I only made it through the pilot of MYW.
It has been on MyList for months, but I've never gotten around to the
first episode yet.
anim8rfsk
2018-02-15 05:15:05 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
[...]
After the first episode, I just didn't care enough what the mystery was
to bother with the second.

Oh, and it was full of non nekkid nudity, like the girl always comes to
the dining table starkers would always have her naughty bits carefully
obscured by a corn flakes box or something, which got really old really
fast.