Presidential Debate Commission Admits Trump’s Mic Was Messed Up
Ubiquitous
2016-09-30 19:25:38 UTC
The Commission on Presidential Debates reported on Friday that there
were in fact issues with Donald Trump’s microphone at the Debate
Monday evening at Hofstra university in New York.

:Do You Think Hillary Clinton Should Apologize To Trump For Her
:Microphone Comment?
:
: Yes No

Following the debate, Trump told the press that they “gave me a
defective mic. Did you notice that? My mic was defective within the
room,” CNN reports. Trump posed the question: “Was that on purpose?”

While it may be too early to call it anything other than a technical
malfunction, the Commission on Presidential Debates said “there were
issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level
in the debate hall.”

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton responded to Trump’s claim Monday
evening saying “anybody who complains about the microphone is not
having a good night.”
--
Pres Obama commented on the Miss Universe issue because that's way
easier than commenting on the slowest economic recovery since 1940.
Ed Stasiak
2016-09-30 19:53:55 UTC
Ubiquitous
The Commission on Presidential Debates reported on Friday that there
were in fact issues with Donald Trump’s microphone at the Debate
Monday evening at Hofstra university in New York.
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) sponsors and produces debates
for the United States presidential and vice presidential candidates and undertakes
research and educational activities relating to the debates. The organization, which
is a nonprofit corporation controlled by the Democratic and Republican parties, has
run each of the presidential debates held since 1988.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Presidential_Debates
FPP
2016-09-30 20:05:43 UTC
Post by Ed Stasiak
Ubiquitous
The Commission on Presidential Debates reported on Friday that there
were in fact issues with Donald Trump’s microphone at the Debate
Monday evening at Hofstra university in New York.
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) sponsors and produces debates
for the United States presidential and vice presidential candidates and und
ertakes
research and educational activities relating to the debates. The organizati
on, which
is a nonprofit corporation controlled by the Democratic and Republican part
ies, has
run each of the presidential debates held since 1988.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Presidential_Debates
And that proves his claim it was "rigged" by Hillary?

And that somehow excuses the fact that 80,000,000 heard him just fine at home.

And that excuses the incoherent responses he was giving?

Hardly.
--
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level
and then beat you with experience." -Twain
Rhino
2016-09-30 20:28:03 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by Ed Stasiak
Ubiquitous
The Commission on Presidential Debates reported on Friday that there
were in fact issues with Donald Trump’s microphone at the Debate
Monday evening at Hofstra university in New York.
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) sponsors and produces debates
for the United States presidential and vice presidential candidates and und
ertakes
research and educational activities relating to the debates. The organizati
on, which
is a nonprofit corporation controlled by the Democratic and Republican part
ies, has
run each of the presidential debates held since 1988.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_on_Presidential_Debates
And that proves his claim it was "rigged" by Hillary?
No, it doesn't prove that anyone rigged it.
Post by FPP
And that somehow excuses the fact that 80,000,000 heard him just fine at home.
It certainly might.
Post by FPP
And that excuses the incoherent responses he was giving?
It certainly might.

I don't imagine you've ever used professional audio equipment like I
have but it's entirely possible for his output to come out just fine so
that the audience could hear him but for him not to have heard the
moderator or Hillary properly.

It's similar to a phone call where you hear the caller just fine but
they don't hear you. You know you are speaking clearly but they hear
drop-outs when they listen to you due to issues on the phone lines.

If he couldn't hear Hillary (or Holt) properly, it's entirely possible
he guessed what they were saying and answered things that weren't asked
or went off on a tangent.

Of course he should have pointed this out to the moderator when it first
started happening, not waited to tell people after it was over, but some
people simply don't do that and try to power on through.

As to why it happened, I would think a major event like that would have
involved professional crews who checked things out thoroughly before the
show began, people who would fix problems before the broadcast but
things can fail at any time and maybe that happened. Then again, I
certainly wouldn't put it past someone to mess with the gear after the
broadcast began to give Hillary an edge.
Post by FPP
Hardly.
You're talking through your ass on this one, not that that's anything new.
Rhino
FPP
2016-09-30 22:02:36 UTC
Post by Rhino
Post by FPP
Hardly.
You're talking through your ass on this one, not that that's anything new.
So Donald Trump, shrinking violet that we KNOW he is, just stood there
and didn't mention it to anybody?
Is that your contention? That he's so shy that he wouldn't speak up
for himself?

What about his personality would lead anybody to think he'd stay silent?

Trump stunk up the room. He was unprepared, and he LIED. He LIED
repeatedly and consistently. It's been documented, and you can't blame
that on audio equipment.

Last I checked, a bad mike doesn't create lies... it just amplifies them.
Post by Rhino
WASHINGTON—Again, there was no contest: Donald Trump was by far more
dishonest than Hillary Clinton.
At their first presidential debate, on Monday night in New York, Trump
made 34 false claims to Clinton’s four false claims, continuing his
pattern of unprecedented serial lying.
1) Falsely said “you’re wrong” when the moderator told him a judge
ruled New York City’s “stop and frisk” program unconstitutional. (That
happened in 2013.)
2) Falsely said he had four business bankruptcies. (Clinton was correct
— it’s six.)
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump points toward Democratic
presidential nominee Hillary Clinton during the presidential debate in
New York Monday. Trump said 34 false things, Clinton 4.
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump points toward Democratic
presidential nominee Hillary Clinton during the presidential debate in
New York Monday. Trump said 34 false things, Clinton 4. (Joe Raedle /
AP)
3) Falsely said he “never said” that pregnancy is an inconvenience to
employers. (In 2004, he said precisely that: pregnancy is "a wonderful
thing for the woman, it's a wonderful thing for the husband, it's
certainly an inconvenience for a business. And whether people want to
say that or not, the fact is it is an inconvenience for a person that
is running a business.")
4) Falsely said “I did not. I did not” to Clinton’s charge that he
on Twitter in 2012: “The concept of global warming was created by and
for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”
In 2014, he tweeted, “Snowing in Texas and Louisiana, record setting
freezing temperatures throughout the country and beyond. Global warming
is an expensive hoax!”)
5) Falsely said, “Wrong, wrong” when Clinton said he supported the
invasion of Iraq. (He publicly supported the war; there is no evidence
he changed his mind until after the war.)
6) Falsely said, “They did an article in a major magazine, shortly
after the war started. I think in '04. But they did an article which
had me totally against the war in Iraq.” (The article, in Esquire, was
not “shortly after the war started”— it was 17 months into the war.)
7) Falsely characterized interviews about Iraq with Howard Stern and
Neil Cavuto: “The record shows that I'm right. When I did an interview
with Howard Stern, very lightly, first time anyone's asked me that, I
said, very lightly, I don't know, maybe, who knows? Essentially. I then
did an interview with Neil Cavuto.” (Trump did not say “I don’t know,
maybe, who knows” to Stern in 2002; in fact, he said, “Yeah, I guess
so. I wish the first time it was done correctly.” In the interview with
Cavuto, he did not take an actual position, saying: “Well, he has
either got to do something or not do something.”
8) Falsely asserted that Clinton has “been fighting ISIS (her) entire
adult life.” (ISIS was founded after Clinton turned 50.)
9) Falsely said, “And now you want to approve Trans-Pacific
Partnership.” (Clinton made a significant false claim on this subject
too; see below. But it is false that she “now” wants to approve it.
Though she supported it as secretary of state, she is campaigning in
opposition to it.)
10) Falsely said murder has increased in New York City under the
current mayor who opposes stop and frisk: “Murders are up. All right.
You check it.” (In Bill de Blasio’s first year, 2014, the number of
murders hit another historic low: 328. The city is still near that
pace; there have been 246 so far this year, down from last year.)
11) Falsely said, “As far as my tax returns, you don't learn that much
from tax returns. That I can tell you. You learn a lot from financial
disclosure.” (Tax returns provide several additional kinds of detailed
information.)
12) Falsely said of his tax returns, “I don't mind releasing. I'm under
a routine audit. And it'll be released. And as soon as the audit's
finished, it will be released.” (Trump is also refusing to release tax
returns from 2002 to 2008, years his lawyer says are no longer under
audit. One of his sons has acknowledged that he is not releasing the
returns because it would hurt his political “narrative.”)
13) Falsely said, “ISIS formed in this vacuum created by Barack Obama
and Secretary Clinton.” (ISIS was created before Obama became president
and Clinton became secretary of state. While it gained strength during
their tenures, it is false to say it “formed” then.)
14) Falsely said he “just got today” the endorsement of the Fraternal
Order of Police. (The endorsement was delivered 10 days ago.)
15) Falsely said, “We have a Fed that's doing political things. This
Janet Yellen of the Fed. The Fed is doing political — by keeping the
interest rates at this level.” (There is no evidence that Yellen has
kept rates low to help Obama or Clinton, as Trump is suggesting. In
fact, he himself endorsed her strategy on CNBC in May.)
16) Falsely said Clinton was uttering “lies” when she said he had said
nuclear war in East Asia would be “fine,” and that he had said “have a
good time, folks.” (In Wisconsin in April, Trump said he was fine with
Japan obtaining nuclear weapons for a war against North Korea, and
added: “It would be a terrible thing but if they do, they do . . . Good
luck. Enjoy yourself, folks.”)
17) Falsely said, “My father gave me a very small loan in 1975, and I
built it into a company that's worth many, many billions of dollars.”
(Trump is greatly understating his father’s help. The loan, he has
previously said, was $1 million. Journalists have discovered that he
actually received $14 million in loans from his father as he started
his career.)
18) Falsely claimed, on the “birther” conspiracy, that “nobody was
pressing it” after 2011. (Trump repeatedly tweeted and spoke about the
subject in the following years. In 2013, for example, he tweeted, “How
amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama’s
“birth certificate” died in plane crash today. All others lived.”)
19) Falsely said the U.S. trade deficit “with all of the countries that
we do business with” is “almost $800 billion a year.” (The trade
deficit last year was $532 billion. It rises to $746 billion when only
goods are counted, not the services at which the U.S. excels, but Trump
did not specify he was excluding the U.S.’s strength.)
20) Falsely said “wrong, wrong” when Clinton told him, “You even at one
time suggested that you would try to negotiate down the national debt
of the United States.” (While he quickly backtracked from this May
suggestion, he did make it at one time.)
21) Falsely said, “In addition, I was just endorsed by ICE. They've
never endorsed anybody before on immigration. I was just endorsed by
ICE.” (Immigration and Customs Enforcement is a government agency that
does not endorse candidates. Trump was actually endorsed by a union of
some of its employees, the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement
(ICE) Council.)
22) Falsely denied that he has been “praiseworthy of Vladimir Putin.”
(Trump has praised Putin repeatedly, even calling him a superior leader
to Obama.)
23) Falsely said, “They're using our country as a piggy bank to rebuild
China.” (This makes no sense — the U.S. is a net borrower from China,
not the other way around, as Trump himself frequently notes.)
24) Falsely claimed Clinton has “no plan” on the economy. (He can
reasonably allege that it is a bad plan, but it exists in great detail.)
25) Falsely said NATO had not “focus(ed) on terror” before he urged it
to do so. (From Politifact: “NATO involvement in counter-terrorism
issued its first formal declaration on terrorism in 1980, and it became
a significant issue for the alliance on Sept. 11, 2001, said Lisa
Sawyer Samp, a senior fellow in the international security program of
the Center for Strategic and International Studies.”)
26) Falsely said of China, “They're devaluing their currency, and
there's nobody in our government to fight them.” (The International
Monetary Fund declared last year that China’s currency is “no longer
devalued.” Binyamin Applebaum of the New York Times wrote: “There is no
evidence that China is presently engaging in currency devaluation.”)
27) Falsely said, of nuclear weapons, “Russia has been expanding their
— they have a much newer capability than we do. We have not been
updating from the new standpoint.” (In fact, the U.S. is currently in
the midst of a trillion-dollar effort the New York Times has called a
“nationwide wave of atomic revitalization that includes plans for a new
generation of weapon carriers.”)
28) Falsely claimed that Daesh (also known as the Islamic State) has “a
lot of the oil in Libya.” (Independent experts say this is false. “They
wanted to disrupt it, destroy it, not to run it," energy analyst
Matthew Bey told CNBC earlier this month. "They had control of fields
around (the city of) Sirte for a while, but they have since been mostly
pushed from that area, and never had control of any upstream activity.”)
29) Falsely alleged that the Clinton campaign played a high-level role
in the birther conspiracy theory: “Patti Solis Doyle was on Wolf
Blitzer saying that this happened.” (Trump completely mischaracterized
her CNN remarks; she had said that a campaign volunteer who forwarded a
birther email was fired.)
30) Falsely described Mexico’s value-added tax as a kind of trade
barrier: “When we sell into Mexico, there's a tax. When they sell in —
automatic, 16 percent, approximately. When they sell into us, there's
no tax. It's a defective agreement.” (This is a gross misunderstanding
of how a VAT works.)
31) Falsely said, “She spent hundreds of millions of dollars on
negative ads on me.” (Clinton has spent about $100 million in total
advertising, CBS reports.)
32) Falsely said of U.S. companies hoarding cash overseas: “They can’t
bring their money back into our country because of bureaucratic red
tape because they can’t get together.” (The issue is the high U.S.
corporate tax rate, not bureaucracy; Trump did note the tax rate a
little earlier.)
33) Falsely suggested that Ford’s outsourcing of small car production
to Mexico will mean “thousands of jobs leaving Michigan.” (Ford is
shifting the production of new products to the affected plants and not
cutting any jobs.)
34) Falsely called Palm Beach, Florida “probably the wealthiest
community there is in the world.” (Palm Beach is not even the
wealthiest community in America, let alone the world. The Palm Beach
Post put it at number three in the country; other rankings, with
different measures of wealth, have it lower.)
35) Misleadingly said to Clinton, “You are going to approve one of the
biggest tax increases in history.” (Clinton’s increases are large, but
they are only on wealthy people.)
36) Misleadingly said, “In New York City, stop and frisk, we had 2,200
murders, and stop and frisk brought it down to 500 murders.” (It is a
great exaggeration to attribute the entire decline to stop and frisk.
Crime declined massively around the country during this period,
including in cities that did not use the practice.)
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016/09/27/donald-trump-said-34-false-things-at-first-presidential-debate.html
So,
what was that you were saying about talking out of your ass, again?
Barb May
2016-09-30 23:27:53 UTC
Post by Rhino
Post by FPP
Post by Ed Stasiak
Ubiquitous
The Commission on Presidential Debates reported on Friday that
there were in fact issues with Donald TrumpÕs microphone at the
Post by FPP
Hardly.
You're talking through your ass on this one, not that that's anything new.
Irony!

All your experience with pro audio equipment didn't help you evaluate
this situation properly. Trump complained about his MICROPHONE. The CPD
agreed. Trump, Hillz, the audience and the moderator all heard the same
sound through the same studio monitors. We all heard the broadcast and
know that Trump's audio wasn't cutting out during the broadcast, so
apparently it was only Trump's microphone input as heard on the studio
monitors.
Barb
FPP
2016-10-01 05:29:27 UTC
Post by Rhino
Post by FPP
Hardly.
You're talking through your ass on this one, not that that's anything new.
And Trump, who we all know to be a Shrinking Violet would just let that
pass? Really? You think he's such a wallflower that he wouldn't bring
it up if it was a real problem?

And what did it matter? The 84 million people who tuned in heard every
word he said. Only about 30% of which contained even a shred of truth.
A bad mike would have been a BLESSING for Trump.

Not for nothing... but if people really COULDN'T hear what Trump was
saying - that would only HELP Trump... because what he said was a crock
of shit.

The less people heard of that "performance", the better the impression
they would have of that sick, twisted clown. A 70 year old man
tweeting that people should check out a sex tape is the most disgusting
thing I can imagine. He has spent the last five days attacking a young
girl over her weight. This is the same "restraint" he showed dealing
with the family of a dead soldier.

This is the first time I've ever been ashamed to call myself an
American. He is not us.
--
"Do we really want to give nuclear weapons to somebody whose "signature
move" is firing things? " - J Whedon.
FPP
2016-09-30 20:07:51 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
The Commission on Presidential Debates reported on Friday that there
were in fact issues with Donald Trumpís microphone at the Debate
Monday evening at Hofstra university in New York.
:Do You Think Hillary Clinton Should Apologize To Trump For Her
:Microphone Comment?
: Yes No
Following the debate, Trump told the press that they ìgave me a
defective mic. Did you notice that? My mic was defective within the
room,î CNN reports. Trump posed the question: ìWas that on purpose?î
While it may be too early to call it anything other than a technical
malfunction, the Commission on Presidential Debates said ìthere were
issues regarding Donald Trumpís audio that affected the sound level
in the debate hall.î
Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton responded to Trumpís claim Monday
evening saying ìanybody who complains about the microphone is not
having a good night.î
The problem with Trump isn't that his mike might have been faulty.
It's the fact that he's blamed everybody for it, and has claimed that
it was a deliberate act to sabotage his campaign.

The fact is that he does that all by himself, every time he opens his mouth.

He's a crybaby.
RichA
2016-09-30 23:05:09 UTC
So, they had a negro violently pro-Clinton as moderator and they "arranged" and electrical problem with Trump's mic. What else could they do?
trotsky
2016-10-02 10:15:14 UTC
Post by RichA
So, they had a negro violently pro-Clinton as moderator
Do you mean Lester Holt, a registered Republican? LOL!!!