One question
2018-01-12 15:46:28 UTC
Hello I am a outsider and I was wondering what all these forums were. They seam to be very interesting but I habe no idea what is what.
Rhino
2018-01-12 15:58:47 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Hello I am a outsider and I was wondering what all these forums were. They seam to be very interesting but I habe no idea what is what.
What do you mean by "these forums"? Usenet? Eternal September? Or
something else altogether?

You can find a definition and description of Usenet in many places, such
as Wikipedia or InfoGalactic: https://infogalactic.com/info/Usenet

Eternal September is one of many organizations that provide access to
some portion of Usenet. They don't offer all the different newsgroups
but they do offer a good percentage of them and they are free so that
makes them relatively popular.
Bill Idgerant
2018-01-12 17:01:07 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Hello I am a outsider and I was wondering what all these forums were.
They seam to be very interesting but I habe no idea what is what.
What do you mean by "these forums"? Usenet? Eternal September? Or
something else altogether?
You can find a definition and description of Usenet in many places, such
as Wikipedia or InfoGalactic: https://infogalactic.com/info/Usenet
Eternal September is one of many organizations that provide access to
some portion of Usenet. They don't offer all the different newsgroups
but they do offer a good percentage of them and they are free so that
makes them relatively popular.
rec.arts.tv is a Usenet group dedicated to discussions about
television programs and personnel. Occasionally someone will post an
item about politics, but that's rare. Also rare are posts about gay
people, or people of colour but they sometimes slip through the very
vigorous policing of content. If you want to have a serious discussion
about the future of tv production, the challenge broadcasters face from
streaming content or the reasons why Nashville, Longmire and Happy Days
were cancelled, this is the place. It's all tv, all the time!
--
Bill Idgerant
Not a real name
Breezy Kildare
It USED To be a TV forum ... NG ... But ... almost nobody watched Network or Cable TV anymore ... now only those who adhere to the strict P.C. Nonsense Rules ... dictated by Limp Dick Liberals!
rachel
2018-01-12 17:18:08 UTC
Post by Breezy Kildare
Post by Bill Idgerant
Post by Rhino
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Now anyone who asks an actually on topic question gets called "Seamus" and
ignored!
anim8rfsk
2018-01-12 18:01:22 UTC
Thank you and I didnt really understand any of this to begin with. It was a werid way of how I found any of this. Also is it fairly active here other places have almost no posts.
Ed Stasiak
2018-01-12 20:38:34 UTC
> Also is it fairly active here other places have almost no posts.

Usenet was VERY active back in the day but blogs, private forums,
MySpace and finally, Facebook killed it for the most part, though as
you’ve mentioned, r.a.tv and a few other newsgroups are still quite
active and the thing to remember about Usenet is that it’s a free and
open forum, nobody can censor or “down vote” your posts to hide
them from others.
Ubiquitous
2018-01-12 23:37:51 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Hello I am a outsider and I was wondering what all these forums were. They
seam to be very interesting but I habe no idea what is what.
TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9