FOX's "The Orville" premiere averages 7.3 million viewers
David
2017-09-12 21:31:51 UTC
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-ratings-delayed-due-to-hurricane-irma/
by Rick Porter

Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi series delivered a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 7.32 million viewers.

The show aired immediately after FOX’s late-afternoon NFL game and “The OT” in all time zones, and it had an 8 p.m. PT replay that will count as part of its final ratings, so it may adjust up.

The 2.3 is on par with the debut of “Son of Zorn” (2.4) the same weekend last year.
anim8rfsk
2017-09-12 21:56:18 UTC
Post by David
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-ratings-delayed-due-to-h
urricane-irma/
by Rick Porter
Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi series delivered a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49 and
7.32 million viewers.
The show aired immediately after FOX’s late-afternoon NFL game and “The OT”
in all time zones, and it had an 8 p.m. PT replay that will count as part of
its final ratings, so it may adjust up.
The 2.3 is on par with the debut of “Son of Zorn” (2.4) the same weekend last
year.
Is that good? How much did it lose from the game?
--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/
Ian J. Ball
2017-09-12 22:14:21 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by David
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-ratings-delayed-due-to-hurricane-irma/
by Rick Porter
Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi series delivered a 2.3 rating among adults
18-49 and 7.32 million viewers.
The show aired immediately after FOX’s late-afternoon NFL game and
“The OT” in all time zones, and it had an 8 p.m. PT replay that
will count as part of its final ratings, so it may adjust up.
The 2.3 is on par with the debut of “Son of Zorn” (2.4) the same weekend last year.
Is that good? How much did it lose from the game?
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
David
2017-09-12 22:28:17 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by David
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-ratings-delayed-due-to-hurricane-irma/
by Rick Porter
Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi series delivered a 2.3 rating among adults
18-49 and 7.32 million viewers.
The show aired immediately after FOX’s late-afternoon NFL game and
“The OT” in all time zones, and it had an 8 p.m. PT replay that
will count as part of its final ratings, so it may adjust up.
The 2.3 is on par with the debut of “Son of Zorn” (2.4) the same
weekend last year.
Is that good? How much did it lose from the game?
NFL postgame got 11.8 million viewers, 4.2 adults 18-49.
Ratings won't matter until it moves to Thursday.
anim8rfsk
Obveeus
2017-09-13 02:32:31 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by David
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by David
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-ratings-delayed-due
-to-hurricane-irma/
by Rick Porter
Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi series delivered a 2.3 rating among adults
18-49 and 7.32 million viewers.
The show aired immediately after FOX’s late-afternoon NFL game and
“The OT” in all time zones, and it had an 8 p.m. PT replay that
will count as part of its final ratings, so it may adjust up.
The 2.3 is on par with the debut of “Son of Zorn” (2.4) the same
weekend last year.
Is that good? How much did it lose from the game?
NFL postgame got 11.8 million viewers, 4.2 adults 18-49.
Thanks.
It lost a lot from the NFL game, but so does everything else that airs
after an NFL game. David is correct in saying that the Thursday regular
timeslot ratings will be what counts...with 9/28 and 10/5 being the
dates when the other shows arrive to offer the normal competition.
Your Name
2017-09-13 03:00:26 UTC
Post by David
Post by Ian J. Ball
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
Ratings won't matter until it moves to Thursday.
Ratings never matter since they're inaccurate rubbish anyway ... but
ratings for the first episode or two matter even less since "everybody"
tunes in to the first episode(s) just to see what it's like or what the
fuss is about, and then those who don't like it drop out again pretty
quickly.
Ed Stasiak
2017-09-12 23:16:55 UTC
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
Is that good?  How much did it lose from the game?
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it’s not very funny,
for a comedy.
Your Name
2017-09-13 02:57:28 UTC
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
Is that good?  How much did it lose from the game?>
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it's not very funny,
for a comedy.
It's Seth MacFarlane ... he's never ever funny. He's one of those
immature, juvenile morons who think fart jokes are still funny when
you're more than about 4 years old. :-\
Rhino
2017-09-13 04:12:51 UTC
Post by Your Name
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
Is that good?  How much did it lose from the game?>
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it's not very funny,
for a comedy.
It's Seth MacFarlane ... he's never ever funny. He's one of those
immature, juvenile morons who think fart jokes are still funny when
you're more than about 4 years old.  :-\
C'mon; watch this and try not to laugh out loud....

Rhino
anim8rfsk
2017-09-13 14:34:54 UTC
Post by Rhino
Post by Your Name
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
Is that good?  How much did it lose from the game?>
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it's not very funny,
for a comedy.
It's Seth MacFarlane ... he's never ever funny. He's one of those
immature, juvenile morons who think fart jokes are still funny when
you're more than about 4 years old.  :-\
C'mon; watch this and try not to laugh out loud....
http://youtu.be/UYSMm0Oj5HU
Not even cracking a smile here.
shawn
2017-09-13 08:58:31 UTC
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:16:55 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
Is that good?  How much did it lose from the game?
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it’s not very funny,
for a comedy.
I just finished watching the first episode. I enjoyed it more than I
expected. No laugh out loud moments but also none of the cringe worthy
moments that I was expecting. It was good enough that I'll check out
another episode.
suzeeq
2017-09-13 14:03:54 UTC
Post by shawn
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:16:55 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
Post by Ed Stasiak
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
Is that good? How much did it lose from the game?
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it’s not very funny,
for a comedy.
I just finished watching the first episode. I enjoyed it more than I
expected. No laugh out loud moments but also none of the cringe worthy
moments that I was expecting. It was good enough that I'll check out
another episode.
I watched the repeat last night and didn't think it was so bad. I may
watch more depending on when it's on.
Obveeus
2017-09-13 14:09:22 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by shawn
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:16:55 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
Post by Ed Stasiak
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
Is that good?  How much did it lose from the game?
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it’s not very funny,
for a comedy.
I just finished watching the first episode. I enjoyed it more than I
expected. No laugh out loud moments but also none of the cringe worthy
moments that I was expecting. It was good enough that I'll check out
another episode.
I watched the repeat last night and didn't think it was so bad. I may
watch more depending on when it's on.
Next Sunday it airs at 8pm Eastern. After that, it will start airing
weekly at 9pm Eastern on Thursdays. Also, looking at thefutoncritic.com
it appears that they are airing the episodes out of order, saving
episode #2 until after episode #3 and #4 air. :-/
anim8rfsk
2017-09-13 14:28:24 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by suzeeq
Post by shawn
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:16:55 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
Is that good?  How much did it lose from the game?
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it¹s not very funny,
weekly at 9pm Eastern on Thursdays. Also, looking at thefutoncritic.com
it appears that they are airing the episodes out of order, saving
episode #2 until after episode #3 and #4 air. :-/
Charming.
A Friend
weekly at 9pm Eastern on Thursdays. Also, looking at thefutoncritic.com
it appears that they are airing the episodes out of order, saving
episode #2 until after episode #3 and #4 air. :-/
Charming.
Typical of Fox.

I'm watching, even though it's stupid of me to trust that Fox will
support anything even vaguely resembling sf.
suzeeq
2017-09-13 14:39:23 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by suzeeq
Post by shawn
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:16:55 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
Post by Ed Stasiak
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
weekly at 9pm Eastern on Thursdays. Also, looking at thefutoncritic.com
it appears that they are airing the episodes out of order, saving
episode #2 until after episode #3 and #4 air. :-/
I'll have to record next week's since I'm watching the Vietnam War on
PBS, probably the rest of them too.
b***@gmail.com
2017-09-18 14:45:12 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by shawn
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:16:55 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
Post by Ed Stasiak
Ian J. Ball
anim8rfsk
Is that good? How much did it lose from the game?
It strikes me as probably "fair", but I wouldn't call it "good"...
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it’s not very funny,
for a comedy.
I just finished watching the first episode. I enjoyed it more than I
expected. No laugh out loud moments but also none of the cringe worthy
moments that I was expecting. It was good enough that I'll check out
another episode.
I watched the repeat last night and didn't think it was so bad.
The Daily Beast disagrees apparently:

Seth MacFarlane’s ‘The Orville’ Is a Shameless, Humorless ‘Star Trek’ Rip-Off
The Daily Beast - September 9, 2017

-- http://www.thedailybeast.com/seth-macfarlanes-the-orville-is-a-shameless-humorless-star-trek-rip-off
Your Name
2017-09-18 21:21:03 UTC
On 9/13/2017 10:03 AM, suzeeq wrote:> shawn wrote:>> On Tue, 12 Sep
Ian J. Ball>>>>> anim8rfsk>>>>>>>>>> Is that good? How much did it
lose from the game?>>>> It strikes me as probably "fair", but I
wouldn't call it "good"...>>> The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but
it’s not very funny,>>> for a comedy.>>>> I just finished watching the
first episode. I enjoyed it more than I>> expected. No laugh out loud
moments but also none of the cringe worthy>> moments that I was
expecting. It was good enough that I'll check out>> another episode.>>
I watched the repeat last night and didn't think it was so bad.
Seth MacFarlane’s ‘The Orville’ Is a Shameless, Humorless ‘Star Trek’ Rip-Off
The Daily Beast - September 9, 2017
--
http://www.thedailybeast.com/seth-macfarlanes-the-orville-is-a-shameless-humorless-star-trek-rip-off
It's meant to be a Star Trek parody ... of course thanks to being an
Americna "comedy" show *AND* having Seth MacFarlane in charge, it was
never actually going to be even remotely funny.

Pete
2017-09-13 18:59:58 UTC
Post by shawn
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:16:55 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
The SFX are pretty good for a comedy but it’s not very funny,
for a comedy.
I just finished watching the first episode. I enjoyed it more than I
expected. No laugh out loud moments but also none of the cringe worthy
moments that I was expecting. It was good enough that I'll check out
another episode.
I definitely liked it. Much more than I had a feeling I might after
all the negative pre-words. I don't see it as intended as a 'comedy'
-- more as a light-hearted adventure, with some humorous moments
[not all of which entirely worked for me]. (At least one "ewww" moment,
too! That aging was pretty gross.) I like the visuals -- the ship is
quite interesting. It's nice to have some SF that's fun to watch,
after all that angst ridden stuff like 'Salvation' (which I gave up
on a couple of weeks ago).

The pilot's sense of humour may become irritating after a while, but
I could tolerate it this time. Nice to see Morse back in action.
[*Bobbi* Morse of course -- the other Morse came later in the evening
and wasn't as welcome to me (:-/) I find the series irritating.]

-- Pete --
David
2017-09-13 15:26:46 UTC
Adjusted to 8.6 million viewers, 2.8 18-49s rating

http://deadline.com/2017/09/the-orville-premiere-rating-ties-this-is-us-the-mick-1202168714/

‘The Orville’ Premiere Rating Adjusted Up To 2.8, Ties ‘This Is Us’ & ‘The Mick’
by Nellie Andreeva

In the zone-adjusted finals for Sunday, the debut of Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi dramedy The Orville on Fox rose from a 2.3 and 7.3 million viewers to a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating and 8.6 million viewers.

In the demo, The Orville matched the debuts of NBC’s drama This Is Us and Fox’s comedy The Mick, the highest-rated launches last season (excluding 24: Legacy, which followed the Super Bowl).
Obveeus
2017-09-13 17:41:09 UTC
Post by David
Adjusted to 8.6 million viewers, 2.8 18-49s rating
http://deadline.com/2017/09/the-orville-premiere-rating-ties-this-is-us-the-mick-1202168714/
‘The Orville’ Premiere Rating Adjusted Up To 2.8, Ties ‘This Is Us’ & ‘The Mick’
by Nellie Andreeva
In the zone-adjusted finals for Sunday, the debut of Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi dramedy The Orville on Fox rose from a 2.3 and 7.3 million viewers to a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating and 8.6 million viewers.
In the demo, The Orville matched the debuts of NBC’s drama This Is Us and Fox’s comedy The Mick, the highest-rated launches last season (excluding 24: Legacy, which followed the Super Bowl).
I wonder if the time zone adjusted numbers also include combining both
of the West coast airings as if they were a single broadcast. Does
anyone know if the commercial load was exactly the same for the two
airings (Nielsen's typical justification for combining ratings)?
anim8rfsk
2017-09-13 17:48:00 UTC
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
[...]
An earlier report said they were combining the numbers for multiple
showings. Which is pretty bogus, especially if they don't tell us how
many of those are new eyes.
Obveeus
2017-09-13 18:11:13 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Obveeus
Post by David
[...]
These gimmick methods of boosting ratings often backfire, though,
because it will make the viewer drop when the show moves to Thursdays
all that more glaring.
Shadow
2017-09-14 21:50:44 UTC
Post by David
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-ratings-delayed-due-to-hurricane-irma/
by Rick Porter
Seth MacFarlane’s sci-fi series delivered a 2.3 rating among adults 18-49 and 7.32 million viewers.
The show aired immediately after FOX’s late-afternoon NFL game and “The OT” in all time zones, and it had an 8 p.m. PT replay that will count as part of its final ratings, so it may adjust up.
The 2.3 is on par with the debut of “Son of Zorn” (2.4) the same weekend last year.
Watched it. Ugh. What a flop. Apathetic actors .. silly jokes
and absolutely no logic to the story ...
I'll watch the second episode, because it can't possibly be
worse than the first.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004