Viacom wants more money from CBS
Obveeus
2018-04-09 13:06:00 UTC
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/viacom-asks-cbs-raise-bid-090341485.html

CBS has offered $11.9billion to Viacom shareholders in exchange for a
'merger'. Viacom has countered with a request price of $14.7billion.
Ian J. Ball
2018-04-09 14:03:16 UTC
Post by Obveeus
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/viacom-asks-cbs-raise-bid-090341485.html
CBS has offered $11.9billion to Viacom shareholders in exchange for a
'merger'. Viacom has countered with a request price of $14.7billion.
CBS should tell them to take a hike.
2018-04-09 14:22:27 UTC
Post by Obveeus
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/viacom-asks-cbs-raise-bid-090341485.html
CBS has offered $11.9billion to Viacom shareholders in exchange for a
'merger'. Viacom has countered with a request price of $14.7billion.
CBS should tell them to take a hike.
I get Viacom wanting more money since there is usually a hike over the
market value in any offer but CBS chose not to do so since they said
Viacom's stock price had risen to fair value over the past few months
(due to rumors of the company being acquired.) That said seems to me
if CBS is serious about acquiring Viacom they should pony up more
money. Otherwise Viacom is likely to tell CBS to take a hike.. Which
might be the best thing for CBS.
Obveeus
2018-04-09 14:38:34 UTC
Post by Obveeus
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/viacom-asks-cbs-raise-bid-090341485.html
CBS has offered $11.9billion to Viacom shareholders in exchange for a
'merger'. Viacom has countered with a request price of $14.7billion.
CBS should tell them to take a hike.
I get Viacom wanting more money since there is usually a hike over the
market value in any offer but CBS chose not to do so since they said
Viacom's stock price had risen to fair value over the past few months
(due to rumors of the company being acquired.) That said seems to me
if CBS is serious about acquiring Viacom they should pony up more
money. Otherwise Viacom is likely to tell CBS to take a hike.. Which
might be the best thing for CBS.
It looks to me like Viacom is trying to get CBS to take a hike of
$2.8billion.

The question now becomes, where else might CBS be able to buy a film
catalog? is The Weinstein Company assets still available via bankruptcy
auction? Might Sony become available?
anim8rfsk
2018-04-09 14:48:36 UTC
Post by Obveeus
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/viacom-asks-cbs-raise-bid-090341485.html
CBS has offered $11.9billion to Viacom shareholders in exchange for a
'merger'. Viacom has countered with a request price of $14.7billion.
CBS should tell them to take a hike.
CBS should just shut down their racist operation.