What Did You Watch? 2018-10-10 (Wednesday)
2018-10-11 13:43:24 UTC
This'll be fast...:

Black Lightning (recorded) - Decent season #2 premiere, though I'll be
very upset if they actually did just kill off Syonide in the season
premiere (she was a good recurring villain that they shouldn't have
gotten rid off unless the actress wanted off the show...)
Anyway, BL is having a very bad day - to wit: his wife is giving him
a hard time about his daughters, daughter China's powers are out of
control and she's "zapping" mon with them(!), he just found out that
his subordiante was a spy for the EVOL!!1! gov't organization he
despises, he's about to lose his job, and his best friend just found
out his secret. China's not having a very great day either, as her best
friend is a "meta"-hater, and she's almost exposing her powers to said
best-friend. And things aren't so great for mom either, as she's been
interrogated by a very smug EVOL!!1! gov't organization bureaucrat
played by Bill Duke!!
Meanwhile, the damn white cops are going after all of these Green
Light "meta"-freak kids with lethal force!!

Chicago Med - I found this episode mostly snoozy, outside of Dr.
Charles confronting the new resident who is vaguely psychopathic (or,
at least, quasi autistic?...). This series has lost *several steps*
without Sarah Reese. :(

Chicago Fire - Ugh - a mostly "Severide" episode, in which the latter
tries to help out a dad, fighting for custody of his kid, gets in a car
accident with said kid. Meanwhile, Boden plays some hardball office
politics. And Cruz is about to get some "action", in the form of
Kristen Gutoskie!!

What did you watch, QuickDraw?!
2018-10-11 15:23:54 UTC
Black Lightning (recorded) - Decent season #2 premiere,
Nice to hear. I probably won't get to this until the weekend.
Post by Ian J. Ball
What did you watch, QuickDraw?!
It's Always Sunny int Philadelphia - "The Gang Solves the Bathroom
Problem" - This seemed to be a bottle episode, with the action never
leaving the bar and no guest actors. The entire episode revolves around
the gang discussing the bar bathrooms and deciding who gets to use which
one. It was mildly amusing at best.

Are You the One? - "Once Upon a Crazy Party Time" - Mostly background noise.

A Prayer Before Dawn (Netflix rental) - Based on the true story of a
British boxer who winds up a drug addict in Thailand. At the start of
the movie he's arrested (it wasn't at all clear to me exactly what he
did) and sent to a Thai prison. The movie focuses on his life in a Thai
prison where he eventually is allowed to join the prison boxing team and
begins to represent his prison in fights against prisoners from other
prisons. It's a pretty brutal movie about life in a thai prison.
Apparently all the inmates in the movie were played by real life
ex-inmates. They certainly *looked* tough! It was hard to follow at
times since most of the dialogue is in Thai, and it's not always clear
why things are happening, but not that hard to follow the overall arc of
the story.
icebreaker
2018-10-12 00:47:10 UTC
All American (CW) -- I was surprised I really liked this. This, God
Friended Me, and Single Parents are the only new shows I've added to
the record list.

Riverdale (CW) -- This is getting even further out there which is the
only thing that makes it fun to watch.

SEAL Team (CBS) -- The missions have been decent thus far.
Dimensional Traveler
2018-10-12 01:20:54 UTC
Post by icebreaker
All American (CW) -- I was surprised I really liked this. This, God
Friended Me, and Single Parents are the only new shows I've added to
the record list.
Our deepest sympathies on your incredibly poor taste. :P
instinct are running screaming.
Ian J. Ball
2018-10-12 02:48:30 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by icebreaker
All American (CW) -- I was surprised I really liked this. This, God
Friended Me, and Single Parents are the only new shows I've added to
the record list.
Our deepest sympathies on your incredibly poor taste. :P
"God Friended Me" has a strong pilot, but I thought episode #2 was a
pretty big step down.

I meant to sample "Single Parents", but I forgot.
2018-10-12 02:47:35 UTC
Post by icebreaker
SEAL Team (CBS) -- The missions have been decent thus far.
I forgot to watch this last night - I'll pull it off OnDemand this
weekend, to see if Jessica Pare shows up...
2018-10-12 05:09:33 UTC
Post by icebreaker
SEAL Team (CBS) -- The missions have been decent thus far.
I forgot to watch this last night - I'll pull it off OnDemand this
weekend, to see if Jessica Pare shows up...
She does. oops. spoiler...
:)
BTR1701
2018-10-12 07:19:24 UTC
Post by icebreaker
SEAL Team (CBS) -- The missions have been decent thus far.
Ever notice that they only go on missions to parts of the world that can
double for Southern California? You never see them do a mission in the
Urals, or the Arctic, or the South American jungles.

And even some of the ones they do are a stretch. This week's was
supposed to be in Saudi Arabia, but Saudi Arabia doesn't really look
anything like Agua Dulce, which is were they shot it.
shawn
2018-10-12 07:39:38 UTC
Post by icebreaker
SEAL Team (CBS) -- The missions have been decent thus far.
Ever notice that they only go on missions to parts of the world that can
double for Southern California? You never see them do a mission in the
Urals, or the Arctic, or the South American jungles.
And even some of the ones they do are a stretch. This week's was
supposed to be in Saudi Arabia, but Saudi Arabia doesn't really look
anything like Agua Dulce, which is were they shot it.
I was surprised last week when they actually got a mission that was on
the water.

David Barnett
2018-10-12 02:38:17 UTC
What did you watch, QuickDraw?!
On Wednesday October 10 I watched:

NCIS: Destiny's Child
Re-watched a recording with CC,
as I did not understand much that was going on previously.
Grade B-

THE GOOD DOCTOR: Middle Ground
Doom & gloom is not entertaining afaiac.
Grade C-
--
David Barnett