NCIS. Early episode. Looks like it started stupid too
2022-01-10 04:08:33 UTC
So, the weirdo lab tech tests AR-15 rifles in an open lab area, with windows showing people walking by? Was that done as a joke, to see how stupid the audience was?
anim8rfsk
2022-01-10 05:35:03 UTC
So, the weirdo lab tech tests AR-15 rifles in an open lab area, with
windows showing people walking by? Was that done as a joke, to see how
stupid the audience was?
It’s bulletproof glass. Really. They say that in at least one episode.
2022-01-10 06:10:32 UTC
So, the weirdo lab tech tests AR-15 rifles in an open lab area, with
windows showing people walking by? Was that done as a joke, to see how
stupid the audience was?
It’s bulletproof glass. Really. They say that in at least one episode.
Which doesn't even actually exist. There's no such thing as bulletproof
glass. Only bullet resistant glass.
Adam H. Kerman
2022-01-10 06:46:24 UTC
So, the weirdo lab tech tests AR-15 rifles in an open lab area, with
windows showing people walking by? Was that done as a joke, to see how
stupid the audience was?
It's bulletproof glass. Really. They say that in at least one episode.
Which doesn't even actually exist. There's no such thing as bulletproof
glass. Only bullet resistant glass.
Can it resist rifle fire? I thought bullets from handguns only, but I
suppose there have been improvements. Still, Rich has a point.
shawn
2022-01-10 10:18:07 UTC
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:46:24 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
So, the weirdo lab tech tests AR-15 rifles in an open lab area, with
windows showing people walking by? Was that done as a joke, to see how
stupid the audience was?
It's bulletproof glass. Really. They say that in at least one episode.
Which doesn't even actually exist. There's no such thing as bulletproof
glass. Only bullet resistant glass.
Can it resist rifle fire? I thought bullets from handguns only, but I
suppose there have been improvements. Still, Rich has a point.
Short answer is yes, it can resist rifle fire. Of course a sustained
fire is going to penetrate the glass after enough shots so one thing
you see happening in both of the following clips is that they don't
have two shots land in the same location.

Bulletproof glass / Can it stop 17 shots? / AK-47 + M16… / SILATEC

This Is What It's Like To Be Shot At With an AK-47 in a Mercedes-Benz!
BTR1701
2022-01-10 15:38:36 UTC
On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:46:24 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
So, the weirdo lab tech tests AR-15 rifles in an open lab area, with
windows showing people walking by? Was that done as a joke, to see how
stupid the audience was?
It's bulletproof glass. Really. They say that in at least one episode.
Which doesn't even actually exist. There's no such thing as bulletproof
glass. Only bullet resistant glass.
Can it resist rifle fire? I thought bullets from handguns only, but I
suppose there have been improvements. Still, Rich has a point.
Short answer is yes, it can resist rifle fire. Of course a sustained
fire is going to penetrate the glass after enough shots so one thing
you see happening in both of the following clips is that they don't
have two shots land in the same location.
http://youtu.be/CWNrVAvcOc8
Bulletproof glass / Can it stop 17 shots? / AK-47 + M16… / SILATEC
http://youtu.be/J8i5d5toEDk
This Is What It's Like To Be Shot At With an AK-47 in a Mercedes-Benz!
There's some camera tricks with that one. The guy gets in the car and sits
behind the wheel and gets back out again afterward, but during the
shooting, it's a mannequin behind the wheel.

RichA
2022-01-10 06:56:20 UTC
So, the weirdo lab tech tests AR-15 rifles in an open lab area, with
windows showing people walking by? Was that done as a joke, to see how
stupid the audience was?
It’s bulletproof glass. Really. They say that in at least one episode.
It's an open lab. Ricochets can happen, firing a rifle in a building with NO backstop??! Hey! They could put ranges in the middle of malls!
The show is a pathetic joke.