[NEWS] 'Sopranos' prequel movie gets 2020 release date
Add Reply
Your Name
2019-03-14 19:29:56 UTC
From ComingSoon.net ...

New Line Cinema sets Sopranos prequel film for September 2020
The Hollywood Reporter has brought word that New Line Cinema's
upcoming The Many Saints of Newark, a prequel film of the
highly-acclaimed HBO gangster drama series The Sopranos, has
been set for a September 25, 2020 release date.

Though plot details on the film are being kept under wraps,
the film is set to feature an all-star cast that includes Jon
Bernthal (The Punisher), Vera Farmiga (The Conjuring), Corey
Stoll (The Strain), Ray Liotta (Shades of Blue), Billy
Magnussen (Game Night), John Magaro (The Umbrella Academy),
all of whom's roles are being kept under wraps, along with
Alessandro Nivola (A Most Violent Year), who is set to portray
Dickie Moltisanti, the father of Michael Imperioli's
Christopher, and Michael Gandolfini who is set to portray the
younger version of his father's character, Tony Soprano.

Long-time Sopranos alum Alan Taylor will be directing the
60s-set The Many Saints of Newark, which was written by
original creator David Chase along with Lawrence Konner. Chase
will also be serving as producer. Though the original series
often employed flashbacks to this particular era in Newark
history, it's unknown if any of the actors who portrayed
younger versions of Soprano wiseguys will be reprising their
roles for the film. Chase is reportedly maintaining heavy
creative control over the project, having handpicked Nivola
for his role.

The Many Saints of Newark is slated to hit theaters on
September 25, 2020.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1049615-new-line-cinema-sets-sopranos-prequel-film-for-september-2020>
Ed Stasiak
2019-03-15 01:04:06 UTC
Your Name
The Hollywood Reporter has brought word that New Line Cinema's
upcoming The Many Saints of Newark, a prequel film of the highly
acclaimed HBO gangster drama series The Sopranos, has been set
for a September 25, 2020 release date.
What’s with Hollywood making a prequel movie to popular tv series
instead of making a proper prequel tv series?

The same thing is happening with “Downton Abbey” and “Deadwood”
and I can’t believe there is no interest and potential profit in those and
“The Sopranos” for a prequel tv series to be made.
moviePig
2019-03-15 03:12:09 UTC
Your Name
The Hollywood Reporter has brought word that New Line Cinema's
upcoming The Many Saints of Newark, a prequel film of the highly
acclaimed HBO gangster drama series The Sopranos, has been set
for a September 25, 2020 release date.
What’s with Hollywood making a prequel movie to popular tv series
instead of making a proper prequel tv series?
The same thing is happening with “Downton Abbey” and “Deadwood”
and I can’t believe there is no interest and potential profit in those and
“The Sopranos” for a prequel tv series to be made.
Julian Fellowes might be interested, but I doubt Milch and Chase are.
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
FPP
2019-03-15 03:24:14 UTC
Your Name
The Hollywood Reporter has brought word that New Line Cinema's
upcoming The Many Saints of Newark, a prequel film of the highly
acclaimed HBO gangster drama series The Sopranos, has been set
for a September 25, 2020 release date.
What’s with Hollywood making a prequel movie to popular tv series
instead of making a proper prequel tv series?
The same thing is happening with “Downton Abbey” and “Deadwood”
and I can’t believe there is no interest and potential profit in those and
“The Sopranos” for a prequel tv series to be made.
Julian Fellowes might be interested, but I doubt Milch and Chase are.
First you commit to a prequel film... and if it's a hit, you announce
the series.
Prudent.
--
"An immigrant who achieves the American Dream didn’t steal anything from
you or your family. They just wanted it more than you and worked harder
your life sucks lemons, a wall isn’t going to turn it to lemonade."
Ed Stasiak
2019-03-15 03:31:08 UTC
Julian Fellowes might be interested, but I doubt Milch and Chase are.
First you commit to a prequel film... and if it's a hit, you announce the series.
All three were popular tv series, there is no reason to think a prequel tv series
would be a flop.

My guess is that the money laundering is easier and more profitable with
a theatrical movie then a tv series.
moviePig
2019-03-15 13:46:20 UTC
Julian Fellowes might be interested, but I doubt Milch and Chase are.
First you commit to a prequel film... and if it's a hit, you announce the series.
All three were popular tv series, there is no reason to think a prequel tv series
would be a flop.
My guess is that the money laundering is easier and more profitable with
a theatrical movie then a tv series.
My guess about attitudes is actually based on vague recall of what these
guys have said in the past (but which I'm too lazy to reconfirm). Also,
I question money's ability to buy enthusiasm...
--
YOUR taste at work...