What Did You Watch? 2020-06-21 (Sunday)
2020-06-22 08:30:41 UTC

THE POWERS OF MATTHEW STAR:
"The Accused". Shep is falsely arrested for the murder of an undercover cop.
Geez, it's only the 2nd ep of this show and they're doing an "evil twin" ep!

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

WE ARE THE 80'S

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN:
"The Evil Three". Perry White and Jimmy Olsen get lost on a fishing trip
and end up at a creepy rundown motel inhabited by three insane people
who apparently try to kill each other for shits and giggles. Ignoring
the obvious warning signs, Perry insists on staying there instead of at
the good motel down the road because he insists on investigating the
mystery of the missing owner in the morning. Luckily, Perry calls Clark
on his carphone (whoah! that's a shocker!) so Clark knows about them
predictibly going missing overnight. As I understand it, the original
owner, who Perry knew, was killed for his secret stash of money that the
crazy old lady knew about and they hung around waiting for her to tell
them where it was hidden. Or something.

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN:
"The Riddle of the Chinese Jade". Some gangster uses a secret
underground passage to steal a jade statute from the man across the
street. The man who owned the terminus of the passage was promised a
share of the money from the sale of the carving as a dowry for the
daughter of the man across the street but things got complicated when
she witnessed the gangster and him stealing it.

BATMAN:
"Black Widow Strikes Again/Caught in the Spider's Den". The Black Widow
arrives in Gotham and proceeds to rob all the town's banks in alphabetical
order. Using a mind-controlling device, she's able to add Batman to her crew,
much to the dismay of Commissioner Gordon!

WONDER WOMAN:
"I Do, I Do". Diana investigates a government leak by pretending to
get married to a presidential aide in a very public wedding ceremony, then
driving to Scotsdale, Arizona, at a spa/resort/ranch where they suspect
beltway insiders are spilling the beans. It turns out someone there is
using a heepno-orgasmo massage technique on their wives. Steve being in
danger from an out-of-control golf cart heading over a cliff was a bit
silly. Oh yeah, almost all of the clips shown in the 3rd season opening
credits came from this ep.

SHEENA:
"Unsafe Passage". The Caribean woman is kidnapped by Slavers who attack the
village but take no one else. That doesn't seem very efficient, but I wasn't
really paying close attention.

RELIC HUNTER:
"Possessed". Syd jets off to Brussels to find Zeus's magical sundial in order
to free an old friend from a female vampire witch's spell. But when her coven
catches on, the nasty girls set their sights on taking a bite out of Nigel.

BEASTMASTER:
"Gemini". Dar and Tao discover that the eerie silence of the forest and the
deaths of animals and humans may be linked to two evil incestuous twins.
Yikes!

MUTANT X:
"Deadly Desire". A sirenlike mutant ensnares Brennan, leaving him under her
control.

HIGHLANDER:
"The Hunters". An immortal (hey, it's Roger Daltry!) teams up with Duncan to
find the group responsible for the deaths of several friends---including
Darius. Well, that was interesting.

WAR OF THE WORLDS:
"Vengeance Is Mine". Ironhorse must deal with a mistake that no soldier wants
to make: the killing of an innocent civilian. Meanwhile, the aliens resort to
robbery to acquire the rubies they need to power a new line of laser weapons.

LIFE, LIBERTY, & LEVIN:
Mark discusses the breakdown of education starting in high schools that
intensifies with leftist indoctrination in colleges and how it relates to the
country's current political climate. He is joined by John Ellis, professor at
the University of California Santa Cruz and Tim Groseclose, professor at
George Mason University.

FAMILY GUY:
"Coma Guy". With a newfound love for rocking out to Van Halen, Peter gets
in a car accident and falls into a coma. This ep reminded me of the one in
which Brian did 'shrums during a hurricane.

PARANORMAL CAUGHT ON CAMERA:
Ugh, I forgot how much I cannot stand this show. The commentators are
credulous to the point of Clodhopper stupid, even with the clips that have
been debunked some time ago.

Democrats and the liberal media hate President Trump more than they
love this country.
Ian J. Ball
2020-06-22 15:43:31 UTC
Once the RBC Heritage at Hilton Head, SC was washed out (apparently
they picked up play later, but I didn't know...), I basically just put
the "Bad Dads" movie marathon on Lifetime on as background noise, and
left it on most of the day...

And speaking of the the "Bad Dads" movie marathon on Lifetime, while
they went with some solid obvious choices - e.g. "Killer Single Dad",
"His Double Life" (it's Cristine Prosperi as the teen heroine!!), and
"My Stepfather's Secret" - there were also some real head-scratchers in
here, like "Double Daddy" (the stupid teen "dad" isn't even the bag guy
here! - he's one of the victims!!) or "The Perfect Soulmate" (the
abusive husband isn't even the main villain!!).

His Dark Materials (HBO Go) - "The Idea of North" (ep. #1.2). Episode 2
was a significant improvement over the pilot, as they quickly dispense
with any pretense that Ruth Wilson's character (Mrs. Coulter) is
anything but a villain, Lyra starts investigating Coulter, and we see
that the main bad-guy enforcer (Ariyon Bakare as Lord Boreal) can
already "cross between worlds" and seems to be able to go to "our
Earth". At the end of this one, Lyra gets a reporter killed by Boreal,
but manages to escape from Coulter's confinement.
In this episode I noticed that Lyra's daemon/spirit animal, Pan,
keeps changing form - I guess that's what they were getting at in the
pilot: at a certain age, a person's daemon "sets" to one form only, but
children's daemons can seemingly be anything.

Blindspot (recorded) - "Fire & Brimstone" (ep. #7.6). A silly
contrivance of an episode to force the team to go on another "solve the
series of obscure clues in order to find the hidden treasure" missions,
focusing again on Patterson and Rich in the last act. (Clearly they
though the Macchu Pichu episode with Patterson and Rich worked so well
that they tried to contrive another episode like that...) Anyway, The
Team!(tm) ultimately succeeds which gets "Ice Cream" from Iceland (see:
season 6) off their backs, and Ice Cream even gives them dirt on
Madeline for good measure.
But Jane is right to question if they've gone "off profile" (to use
a "La Femme Nikita" term!) - it's pretty much impossible to argue now
that Our Heroes!(tm) are in fact any sort of "heroes" anymore...
Meanwhile, Weitz is back (but no Madeline), and to do what Madeline
previously ordered Weitz to do, he has to trick Afreen into "helping"
him take down Madeline's rival, and she's none to happy about it. In
the end, Weitz somehow gets the rival killed, though it's unclear if it
happened like the baddie said it did, or Madeline had the rival killed
and then covered it up...

Recorded: Love Under the Olive Tree (off Hallmark - I had forgotten to
record it on Saturday night!), and NOS4A2 (season 2 premiere).
2020-06-22 16:52:50 UTC
[...]
Yes.
[...]
I also recorded NOS4A2A as well as Perry Mason. But I watched:

The Ninth Gate (blu-ray) Roman Polanski directs this 1999 horror
thriller staring Johnny Depp as a "book detective" who is hired by Frank
Langella to investigate if his copy of a Satanic book believed to have
been coauthored by the devil is authentic. Along the way Depp teams up
with a mysterious woman and leaves a trail of dead bodies behind him as
learns the book may really be authentic. This is a very underrated
movie. It holds up great, and has a lovely score. This is also the
type of movie that really benefits from repeat viewings, when you know
how it ends, there's still a lot to take in.

Devil's Advocate (blu-ray) Keannu Reeves stars as a small town defense
lawyer who is recruited by a large New York firm run by Al Pacino. At
first everything is great until Reeve's wife (Charlieze Theron) slowly
starts to go insane and Reeve's finds out that Pacino is really the
devil looking for help to start the apocalypse. But on the plus side,
he did get a really great apartment with a view. This holds up great
and is another movie that works very well when you know how it ends and
can see the subtext behind what's really happening and why. And it fits
in with a "father's day" theme.

Constantine (blu-ray) Keannu Reeves stars as "Constantine" a chain
smoking demon hunter, who knows he's headed straight to hell when he
dies. Rachel Weisz costars as a cop who gets mixed up with Constantine
after she asks him to look into her twin sister's suicide to find out if
she went to hell or not. But as it turns out the devil's son has plans
to start the apocalypse on Earth. I absolutely love this movie. And the
final confrontation between Constantine and the devil is perfection.
It's a tragedy that it didn't do better at the box office. This one
also fits in with a "father's day" theme. Hey, if "Die hard" and
"Lethal weapon" can be Christmas movies, then "Devil's Advocate" and
"Constantine" can be Father's Day movies! The plots of both movies
involve confrontations between father's and their sons. ;-)

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night (blu-ray) - 2011 horror(?) movie staring
Brandon Routh. I had been wanting to watch this for a few weeks now,
and in particularly I was hoping to watch it back to back with
"Constantine." I vaguely remembered this movie as being a cheap
"Constantine" knockoff, with Routh playing a detective who deals in the
demonic underworld. I was partially right. Routh does play a low rent
version of Constantine, except he doesn't have any magic, and the plot
is surprisingly much more of a "Blade" rip off. A group of vampires
lead by Taye Diggs have a convoluted plot to conquer the world. Blah,
blah, blah. The movie itself was just bad. Not even snark worthy bad.
I could tell they were trying to be funny, especially with Routh's
sidekick played by his "superman" sidekick Sam Huntington. Huntington's
character gets turned into a zombie and spends the movie complaining
about it and even joins a support group for zombies. Yeah, it's about
as funny as that sounds. This was a total waste of time.

Snowpiercer - "Trouble Comes Sideways" - Layton is rescued from the
drawers and begins to plot the revolt, but that gets sidetracked by the
trains impending derailment. this was pretty good, and surprisingly
tense since I was pretty sure the train wouldn't derail.

Varsity Blues (IFC) - I actually finished this off this morning. This
is a 1999 sports drama staring James Van Der Beek and Paul Walker as two
Texas high school football stars dealing with an abusive coach played by
John Voight. Ali Larter and Amy Smart also star as the love interests.
I'm about 85% sure I've never seen this before. But I've watched it
parodied a few times so I wanted to see the original, plus I've
coincidentally been watching a lot of sports movies lately, so it fit
in. I'm surprised the movie actually managed to suck me in. I figured
it would be a record and delete unwatched type of flick. I'm not saying
it's good or anything, but it held my attention.
Ian J. Ball
2020-06-22 17:31:41 UTC
Devil's Advocate (blu-ray) Keannu Reeves stars as a small town defense
lawyer who is recruited by a large New York firm run by Al Pacino. At
first everything is great until Reeve's wife (Charlieze Theron) slowly
starts to go insane and Reeve's finds out that Pacino is really the
devil looking for help to start the apocalypse. But on the plus side,
he did get a really great apartment with a view. This holds up great
and is another movie that works very well when you know how it ends and
can see the subtext behind what's really happening and why. And it
fits in with a "father's day" theme.
This flick is pretty much Exhibit A1 in which Big Al Pacino basically
just chews the scenery with complete relish for an entire movie. IOW,
if you just want to watch Big Al Pacino chew the scenery, *this* is the
flick to watch.

(IIRC, it also has Charlize Theron naked-nudity as well...)
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Constantine (blu-ray) Keannu Reeves stars as "Constantine" a chain
smoking demon hunter, who knows he's headed straight to hell when he
dies. Rachel Weisz costars as a cop who gets mixed up with Constantine
after she asks him to look into her twin sister's suicide to find out
if she went to hell or not. But as it turns out the devil's son has
plans to start the apocalypse on Earth. I absolutely love this movie.
And the final confrontation between Constantine and the devil is
perfection. It's a tragedy that it didn't do better at the box office.
This one also fits in with a "father's day" theme. Hey, if "Die hard"
and "Lethal weapon" can be Christmas movies, then "Devil's Advocate"
and "Constantine" can be Father's Day movies! The plots of both movies
involve confrontations between father's and their sons. ;-)
I like both this, and "Max Payne" (the latter of which is prob. even
more underrated than "Constantine"). I'm prob. just a sucker for these
kinds of flicks...
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Varsity Blues (IFC) - I actually finished this off this morning. This
is a 1999 sports drama staring James Van Der Beek and Paul Walker as
two Texas high school football stars dealing with an abusive coach
played by John Voight. Ali Larter and Amy Smart also star as the love
interests. I'm about 85% sure I've never seen this before. But I've
watched it parodied a few times so I wanted to see the original, plus
I've coincidentally been watching a lot of sports movies lately, so it
fit in. I'm surprised the movie actually managed to suck me in. I
figured it would be a record and delete unwatched type of flick. I'm
not saying it's good or anything, but it held my attention.
I haven't seen this in years, but I recall liking it. Ali Larter in
whipcream is great, and Amy Smart is maybe never more appealing than in
this flick.

It's still hard to parse that Paul Walker is no longer with us. (I
watched "Furious 7" in the background just the other day, and was once
again reminded of this...) :|
2020-06-22 18:55:41 UTC
Devil's Advocate (blu-ray) Keannu Reeves stars as a small town defense
lawyer who is recruited by a large New York firm run by Al Pacino.  At
first everything is great until Reeve's wife (Charlieze Theron) slowly
starts to go insane and Reeve's finds out that Pacino is really the
devil looking for help to start the apocalypse.  But on the plus side,
he did get a really great apartment with a view.  This holds up great
and is another movie that works very well when you know how it ends
and can see the subtext behind what's really happening and why.  And
it fits in with a "father's day" theme.
This flick is pretty much Exhibit A1 in which Big Al Pacino basically
just chews the scenery with complete relish for an entire movie. IOW, if
you just want to watch Big Al Pacino chew the scenery, *this* is the
flick to watch.
Can't argue with that.
[...]
I saw Max Payne once, in the theater. As I recall the trailer and
commercials heavily implied a supernatural aspect to the story, but the
actual movie didn't have anything supernatural in it. I recall feeling
*cheated* by that. Are you saying there is something supernatural in
Max Payne? I've been tempted to revisit it whenever I see it's on
cable, but my feeling of being burned before stops me.
I know him from F&F. It's weird when I discover him in other movies.
Ian J. Ball
2020-06-22 19:13:08 UTC
[...]
Yes, there is, IIRC, though it's much more tangential in "Max Payne".
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
[...]
I am quite sure that I knew about Walker long before the F&F flicks.
2020-06-22 19:53:23 UTC
[...]
I thought you weren't allowed to know about that.
<to be filled in at a later date>
anim8rfsk
2020-06-22 19:57:09 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
[...]
It's okay because she's evil.

Also not a real blonde.
2020-06-22 19:59:48 UTC
Devil's Advocate (blu-ray) Keannu Reeves stars as a small town defense
lawyer who is recruited by a large New York firm run by Al Pacino. At
first everything is great until Reeve's wife (Charlieze Theron) slowly
starts to go insane and Reeve's finds out that Pacino is really the
devil looking for help to start the apocalypse. But on the plus side,
he did get a really great apartment with a view. This holds up great
and is another movie that works very well when you know how it ends and
can see the subtext behind what's really happening and why. And it
fits in with a "father's day" theme.
This flick is pretty much Exhibit A1 in which Big Al Pacino basically
just chews the scenery with complete relish for an entire movie. IOW,
if you just want to watch Big Al Pacino chew the scenery, *this* is the
flick to watch.
See also Robert de Niro in ANGEL HEART.
Post by Ian J. Ball
(IIRC, it also has Charlize Theron naked-nudity as well...)
See also Lisa Bonet in ANGEL HEART.
2020-06-22 21:51:32 UTC
[...]
The one with one of the Wayans Brothers?
That looked painfully unfunny.

--
Democrats and the liberal media hate President Trump more than they
love this country.
Ubiquitous
2020-06-22 16:55:00 UTC
Snowpiercer - "Trouble Comes Sideways" - Layton is rescued from the
drawers and begins to plot the revolt, but that gets sidetracked by the
trains impending derailment.
Wouldn't that be a daily ocuurance?
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Varsity Blues (IFC) - I actually finished this off this morning. This
is a 1999 sports drama staring James Van Der Beek and Paul Walker as two
Texas high school football stars dealing with an abusive coach played by
John Voight.
Huh. I had no idea Paul Walker was in that movie!

--
Democrats and the liberal media hate President Trump more than they
love this country.
Arthur Lipscomb
2020-06-22 19:53:48 UTC
Snowpiercer - "Trouble Comes Sideways" - Layton is rescued from the
drawers and begins to plot the revolt, but that gets sidetracked by the
trains impending derailment.
Wouldn't that be a daily ocuurance?
In the movie the train did derail. So it wasn't outside the world or
possibility that it could happen in the series. Just not this early.
suzeeq
2020-06-22 21:02:30 UTC
Snowpiercer - "Trouble Comes Sideways" - Layton is rescued from the
drawers and begins to plot the revolt, but that gets sidetracked by the
trains impending derailment.
Wouldn't that be a daily ocuurance?
It isn't. I think this is the first they've had an accident that
threatened derailment.
anim8rfsk
2020-06-22 20:06:49 UTC
What Did You Watch? 2020-06-21 (Sunday)
June 22, 2020 at 8:43:31 AM MST
Once the RBC Heritage at Hilton Head, SC was washed out (apparently
they picked up play later, but I didn't know...), I basically just put
the "Bad Dads" movie marathon on Lifetime on as background noise, and
left it on most of the day...
NBC is showing it 24 hours a day with LIVE smeared across the screen in the
middle of the night, which I'm pretty sure is a lying lie told by lying
liars.

Also they've struck an unholy deal with The Cox so that every time I turn on
the majik DVR it goes to GOLF instead of the last channel viewed, which is
how I know that any time of day, you see live golf.
christopherl bennett
2020-06-22 19:25:44 UTC
"Vengeance Is Mine". Ironhorse must deal with a mistake that no soldier wants
to make: the killing of an innocent civilian. Meanwhile, the aliens resort to
robbery to acquire the rubies they need to power a new line of laser weapons.
This one opens very powerfully, as Ironhorse narrates a tragic incident
wherein he fired on and killed what he believed were three aliens, only to
discover that one of them was actually the aliens' hostage, an innocent woman
named Sarah (Carolyn Dunn). The opening voiceover line, for once, is not an
excerpt from later in the episode, but the beginning of this flashback
narration, which is a clever variation. For some reason, instead of talking
to Suzanne or some other therapist with military clearance, he's describing
the incident to some random psychiatrist (Bernard Behrens) who doesn't even
know about the aliens. The therapist says he can't help if Paul won't even
tell him his name or what the war and the enemy are - but offers to schedule
another session so they can investigate why Paul came in the first place.

Unknown to Paul, he's being tailed by Martin (Denis Forest), Sarah's husband,
who's more than a little unstable in the wake of her death and who's
frustrated at the lack of help from the police in identifying her killer. He
talks to himself about vengeance, quoting the Bible. Meanwhile, back at the
Cottage, Paul's trying to act like nothing's wrong, but is behaving
erratically - at first slow to react when there's solid evidence of alien
activity in Sacramento, saying he doesn't want to go off half-cocked, and then
a couple of days later getting all gung-ho when there's only a tenuous lead.
He brushes off Suzanne's attempt to talk, but Harrison is more persistent,
trying to tell Paul that what he's going through is understandable. When that
doesn't work, he tries to talk Paul into taking some R&R, which Paul
interprets as an accusation that he's burned out - no doubt voicing his own
fears.

What the aliens are doing is trying to obtain high-grade rubies with which to
build an arsenal of hand lasers. They decide they can't steal the rubies
because they're too precious and well-guarded, so they'll have to steal money
so they can buy them. Because. money isn't considered precious or well-
guarded, I guess? So they begin knocking off armored cars, after placing an
advance order for a bunch of rubies with a sexy gem dealer (Canadian singer-
songwriter Alannah Myles) who gets turned on by large quantities of money - a
rather pointless digression, but not an unpleasant one to watch. Pretty soon
they decide the heists are going too slowly and they need to go to the source,
which means taking over the bodies of the armored car company's bosses and
getting the gold out of their main vault. (I'd expected they were going to
take over the gem dealer instead - then there'd be a point in having her in
the episode - but I guess she's just the broker and wouldn't have the money on
hand to obtain the rubies.)

Eventually, after a second, inconclusive visit with the unnamed psychiatrist,
Martin follows Paul and runs him off the road with a toy helicopter laden with
explosives. Paul wakes up bound and gagged, and Martin confronts him about
who he killed, promising to kill him in return. (Martin removes the gag, but
says he doesn't want Paul to say anything. He's not exactly stable, did I
mention?) Ironhorse warns him that the police will be onto him soon, getting
Martin upset enough not to notice that Paul is freeing his hands. Soon the
tables are turned and Paul has Martin tied up. He tells Martin that he's now
realized that what happened was an unavoidable consequence of war, and though
"I wish to God it wasn't so," he'd do it again in the same circumstances.

Paul contacts Norton and learns that the others have headed off to Sacramento
to stop the aliens, having deduced their plan. Paul convinces Martin to help
him if he wants to stop the people really responsible for Sarah's death, and
they head for town - just in time to chase the aliens, who are escaping in an
armored truck after spotting Omega Squad's approach (you'd think a crack
military squad would've realized that an armored-car company would have
security cameras around its HQ). Luckily Martin has a spare bombicopter in
his van, and he and Paul use it to stop the aliens, thus resolving their
differences in the traditional masculine way, by blowing stuff up together.

Although this episode has a lot of the awkwardness that characterizes the
series, it's surprisingly strong and emotionally potent. Definitely one of
the high points of the whole series. The guest appearance of Denis Forest
(pronounced the French Canadian way, Deh-nee For-ay) is notable, for in season
2 of the series he will return in a regular role as Malzor, the leader of the
new faction of aliens who displace the Advocacy.
anim8rfsk
2020-06-22 21:34:21 UTC
"The Evil Three". Perry White and Jimmy Olsen get lost on a fishing trip
and end up at a creepy rundown motel inhabited by three insane people
who apparently try to kill each other for shits and giggles. Ignoring
the obvious warning signs, Perry insists on staying there instead of at
the good motel down the road because he insists on investigating the
mystery of the missing owner in the morning. Luckily, Perry calls Clark
on his carphone (whoah! that's a shocker!) so Clark knows about them
predictibly going missing overnight. As I understand it, the original
owner, who Perry knew, was killed for his secret stash of money that the
crazy old lady knew about and they hung around waiting for her to tell
them where it was hidden. Or something.
One of the earliest examples of 'we have to keep Superman off stage until the
finale because once he shows up, it's all over"
Still, a good creepy adventure for kids.
Post by Ubiquitous
"The Riddle of the Chinese Jade". Some gangster uses a secret
underground passage to steal a jade statute from the man across the
street. The man who owned the terminus of the passage was promised a
share of the money from the sale of the carving as a dowry for the
daughter of the man across the street but things got complicated when
she witnessed the gangster and him stealing it.
But love conquers all!
Post by Ubiquitous
"I Do, I Do". Diana investigates a government leak by pretending to
get married to a presidential aide in a very public wedding ceremony, then
driving to Scotsdale, Arizona,
Where Lynda is really from
Post by Ubiquitous
"Possessed". Syd jets off to Brussels to find Zeus's magical sundial in order
to free an old friend from a female vampire witch's spell. But when her coven
catches on, the nasty girls set their sights on taking a bite out of Nigel.
These are piling up on me unwatched ever since Lindy's character turned
utterly hatable.
Post by Ubiquitous
"Gemini". Dar and Tao discover that the eerie silence of the forest and the
deaths of animals and humans may be linked to two evil incestuous twins.
Yikes!
"Deadly Desire". A sirenlike mutant ensnares Brennan, leaving him under her
control.
Was this a good ep, or one of the ones with LLS?
2020-06-22 21:49:49 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
"Possessed". Syd jets off to Brussels to find Zeus's magical sundial in
order to free an old friend from a female vampire witch's spell. But when
her coven catches on, the nasty girls set their sights on taking a bite out
of Nigel.
These are piling up on me unwatched ever since Lindy's character turned
utterly hatable.
Yeah, she's one shallow bitch.

love this country.
anim8rfsk
2020-06-23 00:06:25 UTC
"Possessed". Syd jets off to Brussels to find Zeus's magical sundial in
order to free an old friend from a female vampire witch's spell. But when
her coven catches on, the nasty girls set their sights on taking a bite out
of Nigel.
These are piling up on me unwatched ever since Lindy's character turned
utterly hatable.
Yeah, she's one shallow bitch.
I didn't mind when it was just her private interest, but the last one I
watched, she refused to do any of her work because somehow it interfered with
her social life. So she just sits at her desk not answering the phone but
expecting to be paid. And nobody reads her the riot act, or fires her sorry
ass.
2020-06-23 14:19:44 UTC
"Possessed". Syd jets off to Brussels to find Zeus's magical sundial in
order to free an old friend from a female vampire witch's spell. But when
her coven catches on, the nasty girls set their sights on taking a bite
out of Nigel.
These are piling up on me unwatched ever since Lindy's character turned
utterly hatable.
Yeah, she's one shallow bitch.
I didn't mind when it was just her private interest, but the last one I
watched, she refused to do any of her work because somehow it interfered with
her social life. So she just sits at her desk not answering the phone but
expecting to be paid. And nobody reads her the riot act, or fires her sorry
ass.
I'm not really paying attention, but I'm not sure she was doing her job in
this one, too.

--
Democrats and the liberal media hate President Trump more than they
love this country.
Jim G.
2020-06-25 19:43:53 UTC
NOS4A2 / 2x01 / Bad Mother

[Eight years on, Vic McQueen receives shocking news about Charlie Manx.
Maggie consults her tiles at great risk. Bing hunts down the Wraith, but
hits a roadblock. Millie Manx discovers a new aspect of Christmasland.]

Charlie dies. Charlie awakens. Because reasons. And the kids in
Christmasland are happy. Well, except for the one who got vaporized, but
that's what happens when you let peer pressure get out of hand and
others push you through a scary veil between worlds. Elsewhere, we meet
a different kid when we're introduced to Bats, Vic's son and a righteous
little dude. Meanwhile, the former janitor is less scruffy and hasn't
lost any weight, and he still enjoys playing with gas masks and other
people.

For her part, Vic quickly begins to spiral down the drain since she has
HIGH MAINTENANCE down to a science, which was pretty much the main theme
last season. So yeah, she needs to get her act together. Another season
of her dysfunctional and self-absorbed and self-destructive routine is
not my idea of good entertainment. On the bright side, her loser parents
seem to be gone, so there's that. Still, the show is on double-secret
probation and I'm already wondering if even sampling season two was a
mistake. Perfect people are boring and I don't want them in my fiction,
but there ARE limits....

Grade: C+
"I'm really glad we're at this place in our relationship where we can
dig up graves together without having to talk." -- Major Lillywhite, iZOMBIE
Ian J. Ball
2020-06-25 19:50:16 UTC
Post by Jim G.
NOS4A2 / 2x01 / Bad Mother
As I said elsewhere, I'm in no hurry to get to this. I bet I don't for
another week or two...
Jim G.
2020-07-04 22:36:49 UTC
Post by Jim G.
NOS4A2 / 2x01 / Bad Mother
As I said elsewhere, I'm in no hurry to get to this. I bet I don't for
another week or two...
Having seen the first two outings now (I'll briefly comment about the
second one elsewhere), I can honestly say that I seem to like the show
better when Vic is in it less. That's probably not a good sign.
Melissa
2020-06-28 15:34:16 UTC
"The Hunters". An immortal (hey, it's Roger Daltry!) teams up with Duncan to
find the group responsible for the deaths of several friends---including
Darius. Well, that was interesting.
The Hunters - Horton and his crew were scary. Duncan trying to fight off five
or so of them and eventually being saved by Richie, his motorcycle, and his
libido was such a great scene. Horton is such a great villain because he was
so hell bent on his way, which he firmly believed was in the right and doing
what was best for mankind. His repeated death and return was a bit soap
opera-ish.