BBC: Energy disaster in Europe direct result of "green energy" policies
2021-10-13 15:08:39 UTC
All member states were encouraged to use the EU's €750bn (£636bn; $867bn) Covid-19 recovery fund to invest in clean energy to meet the bloc's climate targets.

"We are not facing a surge because of our climate policy," Ms Simson said. "Fossil fuel prices are spiking. We need to speed up the green transition, not slow it down."
Why are energy prices rising?

The reasons are numerous and varied. As countries seek to bounce back from the pandemic, demand for energy has shot up, putting a worldwide squeeze on supplies.

Demand for liquefied natural gas has been especially high in China, which is attempting to use cleaner fuels to reduce its carbon footprint.

In Europe, other issues have compounded the problem, creating a perfect storm for energy markets.

For example, a cold winter in Europe last year put pressure on supplies, leaving gas stocks lower than normal.

Low wind speeds have limited the supply of renewable energy to the grid as well.
ZZyXX
2021-10-13 19:43:52 UTC
Demand for liquefied natural gas has been especially high in China, which is attempting to use cleaner fuels to reduce its carbon footprint.
imagine that, a documented example of chinese attempts to lower its
carbon footprint
RichA
2021-10-13 22:13:41 UTC
Window-dressing. They're still fabricating dozens a local coal-fired energy plants a MONTH.
trotsky
2021-10-13 23:14:21 UTC
Post by ZZyXX
Post by RichA
Demand for liquefied natural gas has been especially high in China, which is attempting to use cleaner fuels to reduce its carbon footprint.
imagine that, a documented example of chinese attempts to lower its
carbon footprint
Window-dressing. They're still fabricating dozens a local
Are you even speaking English anymore?

trotsky