Debra Messing apologizes, says she didn't mean to throw shade at Kim Kardashian hosting SNL
t***@gmail.com
2021-10-21 00:16:05 UTC
https://etcanada.com/news/829618/debra-messing-apologizes-for-tweet-about-kim-kardashian-hosting-snl-i-was-just-confused/

"Why Kim Kardashian?" Messing tweeted last month when Saturday Night Live
announced Kim Kardashian West would host the season's second show. "I mean,
I know she is a cultural icon, but SNL has hosts, generally, who are
performers who are there to promote a film, TV show, or album launch. Am I
missing something?" Messing was asked about the tweet while visiting Tamron
Hall's show. "Well, I was not intending to troll her and if anybody took it
that way, I apologize," she said. "That was never my intention. She is this
phenomenon. I mean, she is a cultural icon. I am someone who grew up with
SNL I love comedy, and they have had, for decades, this sort of formula. And
I noticed that they changed the formula, and I was like, `Oh, does she have
a new TV show coming out? Does she have a book coming out? Is she in a
movie?' And she didn't have anything coming out. Actually her TV show had
just wrapped. So I was just confused." Messing added: "You know I have been
living under a rock. I don't have my finger on the pulse of pop culture. So
I was like, `Okay. Has she been doing something on the side that I'm not
aware of because I've been so focused on activism?' And clearly, it was
interpreted differently. I watched her and I thought she was amazing, and I
was rooting for her. If you know me, and you follow me, then you know that I
consistently lift up women. I support women. So you know, I hope that people
understand that was never my intention."
Ubiquitous
2021-10-21 17:59:13 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
[...]
I wonder how long it took Kim's famewhore mother to call Debra and how long
it took for Debra to get harrangued into apologizing?

--
Let's go, Brandon!