Humans to be overtaken by AI in 200 years or less?
2021-10-20 06:44:02 UTC
https://phys.org/news/2021-10-extraterrestrial-intelligence-artificial-biological.html

With humans, inevitably, the more intelligent overtook the less. Humans overtook Neanderthals. Despite cultural and religious issues, one group, Europeans grew to dominate the world, only recently having been usurped by others through their sheer population growth. Like a more intelligent salamander that accidentally ran into an ant hill. The machines will likely take over.
ZZyXX
2021-10-20 20:31:48 UTC
https://phys.org/news/2021-10-extraterrestrial-intelligence-artificial-biological.html
With humans, inevitably, the more intelligent overtook the less. Humans overtook Neanderthals. Despite cultural and religious issues, one group, Europeans grew to dominate the world, only recently having been usurped by others through their sheer population growth. Like a more intelligent salamander that accidentally ran into an ant hill. The machines will likely take over.
are you getting enough sleep or is Alexa bombarding you with erotic
tales of what you are missing
David Johnston
2021-10-21 22:51:31 UTC
https://phys.org/news/2021-10-extraterrestrial-intelligence-artificial-biological.html
With humans, inevitably, the more intelligent overtook the less. Humans overtook Neanderthals. Despite cultural and religious issues, one group, Europeans grew to dominate the world, only recently having been usurped by others through their sheer population growth. Like a more intelligent salamander that accidentally ran into an ant hill. The machines will likely take over.
Do you realize that you just claimed we are less intelligent than
non-Europeans?
RichA
2021-10-21 23:18:03 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
https://phys.org/news/2021-10-extraterrestrial-intelligence-artificial-biological.html
With humans, inevitably, the more intelligent overtook the less. Humans overtook Neanderthals. Despite cultural and religious issues, one group, Europeans grew to dominate the world, only recently having been usurped by others through their sheer population growth. Like a more intelligent salamander that accidentally ran into an ant hill. The machines will likely take over.
Do you realize that you just claimed we are less intelligent than
non-Europeans?
Not less intelligent, just vastly outnumbered. Like a smart, well-equipped force of 5000 can beat a less intelligent, but larger 20,000 man force but not a 50,000 man force. As far as AI goes, the logical outcome
will be for states to cede control to AI they've programmed because eventually, the AI will simply have enough information and processing speed to realize it should be running the show.
David Johnston
2021-10-22 01:19:39 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
https://phys.org/news/2021-10-extraterrestrial-intelligence-artificial-biological.html
With humans, inevitably, the more intelligent overtook the less. Humans overtook Neanderthals. Despite cultural and religious issues, one group, Europeans grew to dominate the world, only recently having been usurped by others through their sheer population growth. Like a more intelligent salamander that accidentally ran into an ant hill. The machines will likely take over.
Do you realize that you just claimed we are less intelligent than
non-Europeans?
Not less intelligent, just vastly outnumbered.
But the more intelligent overtaking the less is inevitable. Therefore
if we are being overtaken we are less intelligent.
Your Name
2021-10-22 02:30:54 UTC
On Thu, 21 Oct 2021 16:51:31 -0600, David Johnston
Post by RichA
https://phys.org/news/2021-10-extraterrestrial-intelligence-artificial-biological.html
With humans, inevitably, the more intelligent overtook the less.
Humans overtook Neanderthals.
The latest I saw questioned whether humans were actually more
intelligent than Neanderthals. There's no doubt that we won out over
them but I don't recall the researchers coming to a conclusion on why
humans won out.
Neanderthals are still around. Due to inter-breeding, most humans these
days have Neanderthal in them ...

Europeans and all other non-Africans carry
about 5% of Neanderthal DNA in their genome.

You just have to look at many rugby and American football players to
see evidence of that. ;-)