Illinois station makes history with first U.S. reporter to wear hijab
David
2018-02-13 21:20:41 UTC
http://www.ourquadcities.com/news/taheras-journey-making-history-and-breaking-barriers

Tahera's Journey: Making history and breaking barriers
By: Tiffany Lundberg

In the heart of Downtown Rock Island, our newest Local 4 News reporter
Tahera Rahman is making history and breaking barriers.

On Wednesday, Tahera made her on-air debut, breaking barriers in the
TV news industry.

Chicago radio news anchor Mariam Sobh has been trying to make the
transition from radio to TV news for more than 13 years.

With the help of Mariam and The Muslim American Women In Media group,
we believe Tahera is now the first full-time reporter who is a Muslim
woman to wear a hijab on mainstream TV news in the United States.
t***@gmail.com
2018-02-13 22:02:47 UTC
Post by David
http://www.ourquadcities.com/news/taheras-journey-making-history-and-breaking-barriers
Tahera's Journey: Making history and breaking barriers
By: Tiffany Lundberg
In the heart of Downtown Rock Island, our newest Local 4 News reporter
Tahera Rahman is making history and breaking barriers.
On Wednesday, Tahera made her on-air debut, breaking barriers in the
TV news industry.
Chicago radio news anchor Mariam Sobh has been trying to make the
transition from radio to TV news for more than 13 years.
With the help of Mariam and The Muslim American Women In Media group,
we believe Tahera is now the first full-time reporter who is a Muslim
woman to wear a hijab on mainstream TV news in the United States.
Well the good news is Muslim Mariam Sobh can now sit down at a reporters luncheon and share a kosher meal with these correspondents:

Jill Abramson
Martin Agronsky — reporter and host of Agronsky & Company[1][2]
Dana Bash — journalist for CNN
Emily Bazelon — journalist
Richard Behar — investigative journalist
Gloria Borger — CNN
John Berman — CNN
Bonnie Bernstein — sports journalist[3]
Carl Bernstein — investigative reporter for the Washington Post, uncovered Watergate with Bob Woodward[4]
Joe Bernstein — journalist for Buzzfeed[5] and not The New York Times
Wolf Blitzer — journalist and anchor for CNN[6]
Andrew Breitbart (1969—2012) — journalist
Ethan Bronner — investigative journalist
David Brooks — columnist, The New York Times[7]
Art Buchwald (1925–2007) — humor columnist[citation needed]
Herb Caen — journalist for the San Francisco Chronicle
Benyamin Cohen — founder of Jewsweek and American Jewish Life Magazine[8]
Alan Colmes
Katie Couric — journalist who currently serves as Yahoo! Global News Anchor. She has worked with all Big Three television networks in the United States, and in her early career was an Assignment Editor for CNN[9][10][11]
Benjamin De Casseres — early 20th-century journalist, critic and individualist anarchist[12]
Morton Dean — CBS News reporter[13]
Matt Drudge — founder of the Drudge Report[14]
Giselle Fernández — host of Access Hollywood[15]
Howard Fineman (1948 - ) — global editorial director of the AOL Huffington Post Media Group.
Thomas Friedman — columnist, The New York Times[16]
Bob Garfield — NPR and ABC News journalist, columnist, and author[17]
Brooke Gladstone — Peabody Award-winning NPR journalist and author[17]
Bernard Goldberg — CBS News reporter[18]
Jeffrey Goldberg (1965–) — journalist, staff writer for The New Yorker and author of the book Prisoners[19]
Jonah Goldberg — columnist, commentator and Senior Editor of National Review[20]
Roy Gutman — Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist best known for his coverage of the war in the former Yugoslavia[21]
David Halberstam — Vietnam War correspondent[22]
Seymour Hersh — investigative journalist, uncovered My Lai massacre[23]
Christopher Hitchens (1949 – 2011) — literary critic and political activist[24][25]
Andrew Julien — Editor and Vice President of the Hartford Courant
Larry King — RT America and former CNN host
Ted Koppel — journalist for Nightline
Charles Krauthammer — columnist and commentator for Fox News and The Washington Post[26][27]
Paul Krugman — Nobel Prize-winning economist and columnist, The New York Times[28]
Matt Lauer — Today co-anchor
Rachel Maddow — commentator and anchor for MSNBC[29][30]
Dave Marash — former Washington-based anchor for Al Jazeera English[31]
Suzy Menkes — fashion journalist[32]
Edwin Newman — NBC News journalist, Broadway critic, author[33]
Daniel Pearl (1963–2002) — murdered foreign correspondent, The Wall Street Journal[34]
Nathan Rabin — music and pop culture journalist[35]
Frank Rich — columnist, New York Magazine[36]
Geraldo Rivera — investigative television journalist and host, now with Fox News[37]
Steven V. Roberts — Washington pundit and U.S. News and World Report contributor[38]
Lester Rodney — journalist who helped break down the color barrier in baseball [39]
Elizabeth Rubin — journalist for The New York Times
William Safire — columnist, The New York Times[40]
Daniel Schorr (1916–2010) — journalist who covered the world for more than 60 years, last as a senior news analyst for National Public Radio[41]
George Seldes — World War I correspondent, post-war international reporter and media critic[42]
Gene Shalit — film critic
Ben Shapiro — editor-in-chief, The Daily Wire; formerly of Breitbart News
David Shuster — television journalist; former anchor for MSNBC; worked for Fox News, CNN, Current TV, and Al Jazeera America
Joel Siegel — film critic[43]
Morrie Siegel (1915–1994) — sports writer[44][45]
Joel Stein — columnist, Los Angeles Times[46]
Gloria Steinem — feminist editor and writer, founder of Ms. magazine[47]
I. F. Stone — left-wing Washington correspondent and investigative journalist, NY Post, PM, The Nation and I.F. Stone's Weekly[48]
David Swerdlick — Washington Post editor
Jake Tapper — CNN anchor and correspondent[49]
Jeffrey Toobin — CNN
Chris Wallace — journalist
Mike Wallace (1918–2012) — journalist, 60 Minutes correspondent[50]
Barbara Walters (1929–) — media personality, a regular fixture on morning television shows (Today and The View), evening news magazines (20/20), and on The ABC Evening News, as the first female evening news anchor[51]
Gary Weiss — investigative journalist
Marco Werman — radio journalist and host of PRI's The World[52]
Walter Winchell — investigative broadcast journalist and gossip columnist[53]
Michael Wolff — journalist/columnist, USA Today, The Hollywood Reporter
Gideon Yago — MTV reporter[54]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_journalists
Adam H. Kerman
2018-02-13 22:35:19 UTC
Post by David
http://www.ourquadcities.com/news/taheras-journey-making-history-and-breaking-barriers
Tahera's Journey: Making history and breaking barriers
By: Tiffany Lundberg
In the heart of Downtown Rock Island, our newest Local 4 News reporter
Tahera Rahman is making history and breaking barriers.
On Wednesday, Tahera made her on-air debut, breaking barriers in the
TV news industry.
Chicago radio news anchor Mariam Sobh has been trying to make the
transition from radio to TV news for more than 13 years.
I listen to the various radio stations she's on. I can't say that she
made enough of an impression on me that I can recall her.
Post by David
With the help of Mariam and The Muslim American Women In Media group,
we believe Tahera is now the first full-time reporter who is a Muslim
woman to wear a hijab on mainstream TV news in the United States.
The barrier has not been broken till a woman appears on tv as a reporter
who wears a burqa or niqab.
BTR1701
Wouldn't the viewers think it was just someone cosplaying as a Jawa?
t***@gmail.com
Pair her up with Jake Tapper or Wolf Blitzer on a Saturday morning and viewers might think they were watching the old Cecil and Beanie Show.
Rhino
2018-02-14 01:09:58 UTC
Post by David
http://www.ourquadcities.com/news/taheras-journey-making-history-and-breaking-barriers
Tahera's Journey: Making history and breaking barriers
By: Tiffany Lundberg
In the heart of Downtown Rock Island, our newest Local 4 News reporter
Tahera Rahman is making history and breaking barriers.
On Wednesday, Tahera made her on-air debut, breaking barriers in the
TV news industry.
Chicago radio news anchor Mariam Sobh has been trying to make the
transition from radio to TV news for more than 13 years.
With the help of Mariam and The Muslim American Women In Media group,
we believe Tahera is now the first full-time reporter who is a Muslim
woman to wear a hijab on mainstream TV news in the United States.
Just curious: how many cabinet ministers do you have at the federal
level in the US who wear religious garb?

Meet some of our federal cabinet ministers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navdeep_Bains
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harjit_Sajjan

And this man is the head of our third largest national party, the NDP
(New Democratic Party):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagmeet_Singh

And lest you think women are being neglected, our virtue-signalling
prime minister insisted on the cabinet being 50% female just because.

Rhino
t***@gmail.com
2018-02-14 01:14:53 UTC
Post by David
http://www.ourquadcities.com/news/taheras-journey-making-history-and-breaking-barriers
Tahera's Journey: Making history and breaking barriers
By: Tiffany Lundberg
In the heart of Downtown Rock Island, our newest Local 4 News reporter
Tahera Rahman is making history and breaking barriers.
On Wednesday, Tahera made her on-air debut, breaking barriers in the
TV news industry.
Chicago radio news anchor Mariam Sobh has been trying to make the
transition from radio to TV news for more than 13 years.
With the help of Mariam and The Muslim American Women In Media group,
we believe Tahera is now the first full-time reporter who is a Muslim
woman to wear a hijab on mainstream TV news in the United States.
Just curious: how many cabinet ministers do you have at the federal
level in the US who wear religious garb?
It depends upon which day of the week it is. If it's Saturday, nearly all of them.

https://lobelog.com/lindsey-grahams-all-jewish-cabinet/
t***@gmail.com
2018-02-14 15:40:43 UTC
Post by David
http://www.ourquadcities.com/news/taheras-journey-making-history-and-breaking-barriers
Tahera's Journey: Making history and breaking barriers
By: Tiffany Lundberg
In the heart of Downtown Rock Island, our newest Local 4 News reporter
Tahera Rahman is making history and breaking barriers.
On Wednesday, Tahera made her on-air debut, breaking barriers in the
TV news industry.
Chicago radio news anchor Mariam Sobh has been trying to make the
transition from radio to TV news for more than 13 years.
With the help of Mariam and The Muslim American Women In Media group,
we believe Tahera is now the first full-time reporter who is a Muslim
woman to wear a hijab on mainstream TV news in the United States.
Just curious: how many cabinet ministers do you have at the federal
level in the US who wear religious garb?
My previous worded response was probably to difficult to comprehend, so let me answer your question again with pictures:

Loading Image...&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F9288742961695937%2F&docid=bKGqE1ml0glMHM&tbnid=w9K4dCn-CShacM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiylrXK26XZAhVSMd8KHfPxCx0QMwiIAShAMEA..i&w=620&h=465&bih=470&biw=1093&q=yarmulke%20jake%20tapper&ved=0ahUKEwiylrXK26XZAhVSMd8KHfPxCx0QMwiIAShAMEA&iact=mrc&uact=8

Loading Image...&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmzlevy.wordpress.com%2Ftag%2Fkonrad-adenauer%2F&docid=XXcYxE3gDRwETM&tbnid=ycw2lW6yzbldUM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwiylrXK26XZAhVSMd8KHfPxCx0QMwiTAShLMEs..i&w=488&h=359&itg=1&bih=470&biw=1093&q=yarmulke%20jake%20tapper&ved=0ahUKEwiylrXK26XZAhVSMd8KHfPxCx0QMwiTAShLMEs&iact=mrc&uact=8

Loading Image...&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Ftrump-becomes-the-first-sitting-us-president-to-visit-the-western-wall%2Farticle%2F2623785&docid=zFqj9c2U445AtM&tbnid=vO0sZp3RoB-sRM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwi-qfTn26XZAhXQmeAKHcDgA9YQMwg_KAIwAg..i&w=1060&h=600&bih=470&biw=1093&q=yarmulke%20trump&ved=0ahUKEwi-qfTn26XZAhXQmeAKHcDgA9YQMwg_KAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8

Loading Image...&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bangitout.com%2Ftop-us-presidents-in-yarmulkes%2F&docid=FkavaqevEd4OXM&tbnid=M2l721Md_tHkfM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj00JqH3aXZAhUCk1kKHeEoCScQMwg9KAAwAA..i&w=500&h=413&bih=470&biw=1093&q=presidents%20with%20kippah&ved=0ahUKEwj00JqH3aXZAhUCk1kKHeEoCScQMwg9KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

Loading Image...&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bangitout.com%2Ftop-us-presidents-in-yarmulkes%2F&docid=FkavaqevEd4OXM&tbnid=t3PNj8OxfcvFhM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj00JqH3aXZAhUCk1kKHeEoCScQMwg-KAEwAQ..i&w=225&h=265&bih=470&biw=1093&q=presidents%20with%20kippah&ved=0ahUKEwj00JqH3aXZAhUCk1kKHeEoCScQMwg-KAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

Loading Image...&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bangitout.com%2Ftop-us-presidents-in-yarmulkes%2F&docid=FkavaqevEd4OXM&tbnid=L50tVv3QNtvIwM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj00JqH3aXZAhUCk1kKHeEoCScQMwhAKAMwAw..i&w=364&h=500&bih=470&biw=1093&q=presidents%20with%20kippah&ved=0ahUKEwj00JqH3aXZAhUCk1kKHeEoCScQMwhAKAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8

Loading Image...&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fnymag.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fisrael-2011-9%2F&docid=ggpDum11m5w2WM&tbnid=lNIZlX9A2gEpBM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj00JqH3aXZAhUCk1kKHeEoCScQMwiLAShEMEQ..i&w=260&h=350&bih=470&biw=1093&q=presidents%20with%20kippah&ved=0ahUKEwj00JqH3aXZAhUCk1kKHeEoCScQMwiLAShEMEQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimg2.thejournal.ie%2Finline%2F3003393%2Foriginal%3Fwidth%3D630%26version%3D3003393&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Frebrn.com%2Fre%2Fnew-ben-garrison-featuring-dr-cowboy-president-trump-3337540%2F&docid=bQLu08DxUEUSZM&tbnid=5i8Ai6xjB5dMUM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwi-qfTn26XZAhXQmeAKHcDgA9YQMwiCASg6MDo..i&w=630&h=420&bih=470&biw=1093&q=yarmulke%20trump&ved=0ahUKEwi-qfTn26XZAhXQmeAKHcDgA9YQMwiCASg6MDo&iact=mrc&uact=8
BTR1701
2018-02-14 01:46:56 UTC
Post by David
With the help of Mariam and The Muslim American Women In Media group,
we believe Tahera is now the first full-time reporter who is a Muslim
woman to wear a hijab on mainstream TV news in the United States.
Yay?

Is this something of which we've been deprived all this time?
Breezy Kildare
soon ALL TV Reporters will be wearing ... Hijab's ... to impress the P.C. Police ... how open minded they are!
The Horny Goat
2018-02-14 07:25:30 UTC
On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:32:57 -0800 (PST), Breezy Kildare
Post by Breezy Kildare
Post by David
With the help of Mariam and The Muslim American Women In Media group,
we believe Tahera is now the first full-time reporter who is a Muslim
woman to wear a hijab on mainstream TV news in the United States.
soon ALL TV Reporters will be wearing ... Hijab's ... to impress the P.C. Police ... how open minded they are!
I am pretty sure Christiane Amanpour did when she reported from
Baghdad and Teheran.

I've no idea what her religious background is but her father is an
Iranian whose first name is Muhammed so probably not a Zoroastrian!
RichA
Most female reporters do, Arab or otherwise. They're afraid of being stoned to death.
trotsky
2018-02-14 13:01:01 UTC
Post by Breezy Kildare
Post by David
With the help of Mariam and The Muslim American Women In Media group,
we believe Tahera is now the first full-time reporter who is a Muslim
woman to wear a hijab on mainstream TV news in the United States.
soon ALL TV Reporters will be wearing ... Hijab's ... to impress the P.C. Police ... how open minded they are!
I am pretty sure Christiane Amanpour did when she reported from
Baghdad and Teheran.
I've no idea what her religious background is but her father is an
Iranian whose first name is Muhammed so probably not a Zoroastrian!
Most female reporters do, Arab or otherwise. They're afraid of being stoned to death.
That must get you all fucked up, do you call the women snowflakes or do
you call the Muslims that would do this assholes?
RichA
2018-02-14 04:59:41 UTC
Post by David
http://www.ourquadcities.com/news/taheras-journey-making-history-and-breaking-barriers
Tahera's Journey: Making history and breaking barriers
By: Tiffany Lundberg
In the heart of Downtown Rock Island, our newest Local 4 News reporter
Tahera Rahman is making history and breaking barriers.
Does the Quaran prescribe this for women, or is it just some B.S. Muslim "cultural" custom? I can't WAIT for some Muzzy to show up in a Burka.