"FBI." Just as LEFT-WING as any other Hollywood show SPOILERS.
2019-10-09 01:10:33 UTC
You think the real FBI would be cheering that some progressive female might become president? Some bomber tries to blow up a "New York" progressive "congressperson" and the shill FBI boss goes into a bellowing speech about "this is an attack on the U.S." Cringe-worthy. Then the girl from "Rookie Blue" gives a long rant about how great the progessive candidate is. Enough to make you sick. Meanwhile, convenient white-male bodyguard gets killed in the bombing, but he's easily replaceable. Of course the perp is a ranting white male of some right-wing persuasion. One of the "progressive" FBI agents characterizes anyone who disagrees with the woman's progressive agenda as underwear-wearing internet posters who eat cat-food(?). The SEETHING HATRED Hollywood has for the non-leftwingers in their audience is so obvious.
BTR1701
2019-10-09 06:36:41 UTC
You think the real FBI would be cheering that some progressive female might
become president? Some bomber tries to blow up a "New York" progressive
"congressperson" and the shill FBI boss goes into a bellowing speech about
"this is an attack on the U.S." Cringe-worthy. Then the girl from "Rookie
Blue" gives a long rant about how great the progessive candidate is. Enough
to make you sick. Meanwhile, convenient white-male bodyguard gets killed in
the bombing, but he's easily replaceable.
And he was private security, which is ridiculous. Members of Congress
have Capitol Police protection-- people with actual law enforcement
authority and arrest powers-- not rent-a-cops.

Then, in the hospital, after the attack, FBI Missy tells the candidate
that the Bureau will be providing her extra security from now on.

Umm, no sweetheart, they most certainly will not. You'll step aside and
let the professionals do that job. A leading presidential candidate may
not have Secret Service protection at the time of an attack-- Warren
doesn't have it now, despite leading in both the primary and general
election polls-- but if an assassination attempt were made-- especially
a sophisticated one like that car bomb-- she would immediately have a
full presidential-level Secret Service detail assigned to her and the
FBI could take a hike.

Investigating the attack is FBI jurisdiction. Protecting the candidate
is not.

However, even the investigation was bizarre. They go to interview an
unusual interest subject in full raid vest, with guns drawn, then, they
do that TV cop thing where they kick in his door and storm his home when
he doesn't answer his door when they knock. It's not illegal to not
answer your door, even when it's the po-lice knocking. And unless they
have a warrant-- and the show provided no evidence that they did-- they
queered their entire case by busting into his house.

And at the end, the candidate justifies burying exculpatory evidence on
a defendant by claiming that if she'd turned over the video confirming
his alibi, he would have been acquitted and then all of her previous
cases would be called into question and all the bad guys she'd convicted
would be set free.

Say what now? I had no idea that if a prosecutor loses one case, that
means anyone she'd ever convicted up till that point gets freed also.
Post by RichA
One of the "progressive" FBI agents characterizes anyone who disagrees
with the woman's progressive agenda as underwear-wearing internet posters
who eat cat-food(?). The SEETHING HATRED Hollywood has for the non-
leftwingers in their audience is so obvious.
It was rather silly how the show portrayed nearly every agent as
'progressive', considering most law enforcement, including FBI agents,
are generally conservative. The Peter Strzoks of the world are the
exception, not the rule.
Adam H. Kerman
2019-10-09 21:49:09 UTC
You think the real FBI would be cheering that some progressive female might
become president? Some bomber tries to blow up a "New York" progressive
"congressperson" and the shill FBI boss goes into a bellowing speech about
"this is an attack on the U.S." Cringe-worthy. Then the girl from "Rookie
Blue" gives a long rant about how great the progessive candidate is. Enough
to make you sick. Meanwhile, convenient white-male bodyguard gets killed in
the bombing, but he's easily replaceable.
And he was private security, which is ridiculous. Members of Congress
have Capitol Police protection-- people with actual law enforcement
authority and arrest powers-- not rent-a-cops. . . .
Just clarify this for me, please, as I have no intention of ever
watching a single episode of this show. What the two of you wrote here
only confirms my decision.

Do Capitol Police provide field protection units for members of
Congress?

I sort of figured that those in the line of succession to be president,
like speaker of the House, get protection wherever they go, but I didn't
think anyone else did except under special arrangement or extraordinary
circumstances.
BTR1701
2019-10-10 00:27:58 UTC
[...]
Not every member, but the most prominent ones or ones receiving specific
credible threats get protective details when they travel.
Adam H. Kerman
2019-10-10 04:26:59 UTC
[...]
Thanks

Is it on the basis of actual threats, or just this guy has an important
committee assignment and rates a protection detail?
BTR1701
2019-10-10 07:27:30 UTC
[...]
The Speaker of the House and the majority and minority leaders of both
houses get it automatically. The rest are protected (or not) based on
threat assessment analysis. For example, Occasional-Cortex will get
protection based on where she's traveling and which unusual interest
subjects are in that locality.
Adam H. Kerman
Thanks
Ian J. Ball
2019-10-10 01:36:15 UTC
You think the real FBI would be cheering that some progressive female might
become president? Some bomber tries to blow up a "New York" progressive
"congressperson" and the shill FBI boss goes into a bellowing speech about
"this is an attack on the U.S." Cringe-worthy. Then the girl from "Rookie
Blue" gives a long rant about how great the progessive candidate is. Enough
to make you sick. Meanwhile, convenient white-male bodyguard gets killed in
the bombing, but he's easily replaceable.
And he was private security, which is ridiculous. Members of Congress
have Capitol Police protection-- people with actual law enforcement
authority and arrest powers-- not rent-a-cops. . . .
Just clarify this for me, please, as I have no intention of ever
watching a single episode of this show.
It's fuckin' Dick Wolf! Who'd ever go near it in the first place??!!!
--
"Shall we sit and ponder the futility of caring?" - Morotia M. Black (aka.
2019-10-10 04:29:04 UTC
You think the real FBI would be cheering that some progressive female might
become president? Some bomber tries to blow up a "New York" progressive
"congressperson" and the shill FBI boss goes into a bellowing speech about
"this is an attack on the U.S." Cringe-worthy. Then the girl from "Rookie
Blue" gives a long rant about how great the progessive candidate is. Enough
to make you sick. Meanwhile, convenient white-male bodyguard gets killed in
the bombing, but he's easily replaceable.
And he was private security, which is ridiculous. Members of Congress
have Capitol Police protection-- people with actual law enforcement
authority and arrest powers-- not rent-a-cops. . . .
Just clarify this for me, please, as I have no intention of ever
watching a single episode of this show.
It's fuckin' Dick Wolf! Who'd ever go near it in the first place??!!!
Surely rookie police training in Toronto qualifies one as an FBI agent.
Also, she has experience capturing fugitives from Hell.
circumstances.
Ian J. Ball
2019-10-10 13:26:47 UTC
[...]
And fighting vampires!!

And being an Olympic level gymnast!!!
ZZyXX

ScottH351
2019-10-10 08:14:53 UTC
I watched the first episode. There were 1 or 2
bombings with all the signs of an islamic attack.
Anyone who watches these shows knows the real
bomber was. . .a white supremacist.