Is you CHINOID-made TV spying on you? For some, yes.
2021-05-04 01:41:24 UTC
Don't trust these creatures as far as you can throw them. Keep the Huwei ban in-place, Biden.

"Chinese television maker Skyworth has issued an apology after a consumer found that his set was quietly collecting a wide range of private data and sending it to a Beijing-based analytics company without his consent."
https://www.scmp.com/tech/policy/article/3132091/chinese-tv-maker-skyworth-under-fire-
excessive-data-collection-users
anim8rfsk
2021-05-04 02:24:15 UTC
Don't trust these creatures as far as you can throw them. Keep the Huwei
ban in-place, Biden.
"Chinese television maker Skyworth has issued an apology after a consumer
found that his set was quietly collecting a wide range of private data
and sending it to a Beijing-based analytics company without his consent."
https://www.scmp.com/tech/policy/article/3132091/chinese-tv-maker-skyworth-under-fire-
excessive-data-collection-users
I bet if I posted this link to the Facebook they’d bust me for “Asian hate”

2021-05-04 04:20:02 UTC
Don't trust these creatures as far as you can throw them. Keep the Huwei
ban in-place, Biden.
"Chinese television maker Skyworth has issued an apology after a consumer
found that his set was quietly collecting a wide range of private data
and sending it to a Beijing-based analytics company without his consent."
https://www.scmp.com/tech/policy/article/3132091/chinese-tv-maker-skyworth-under-fire-
excessive-data-collection-users
I bet if I posted this link to the Facebook they’d bust me for “Asian hate”
You should find out.
--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.
RichA
Tell them you aren't Asian. To them, "hatred of Asians" is too long-form for their brains.
thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
2021-05-04 04:23:46 UTC
Don't trust these creatures as far as you can throw them.
NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/11/nsa-americans-personal-data-israel-documents
David Johnston
2021-05-04 06:18:13 UTC
Don't trust these creatures as far as you can throw them. Keep the Huwei ban in-place, Biden.
"Chinese television maker Skyworth has issued an apology after a consumer found that his set was quietly collecting a wide range of private data
Uh-hunh. So it's OK when an American company like Vizio does the same
thing? Because I assure you so-called "smart" televisions when
connected to the internet can be and frequently are used to gather
information on you for resale no matter where they are manufactured.
RichA
2021-05-04 06:21:51 UTC
Don't trust these creatures as far as you can throw them. Keep the Huwei ban in-place, Biden.
"Chinese television maker Skyworth has issued an apology after a consumer found that his set was quietly collecting a wide range of private data
Uh-hunh. So it's OK when an American company like Vizio does the same
thing? Because I assure you so-called "smart" televisions when
connected to the internet can be and frequently are used to gather
information on you for resale no matter where they are manufactured.
None of it is a good idea, but Americans aren't an enemy of the U.S. Unless Vizio is run by fifth columnists.
Vizio products are manufactured by a Taiwan-based company called AmTran.
David Johnston
2021-05-04 15:35:29 UTC
Don't trust these creatures as far as you can throw them. Keep the Huwei ban in-place, Biden.
"Chinese television maker Skyworth has issued an apology after a consumer found that his set was quietly collecting a wide range of private data
Uh-hunh. So it's OK when an American company like Vizio does the same
thing? Because I assure you so-called "smart" televisions when
connected to the internet can be and frequently are used to gather
information on you for resale no matter where they are manufactured.
None of it is a good idea, but Americans aren't an enemy of the U.S.
<snort> Oh I'm sure the Chinese government is desperately interested in
your viewing and purchasing preferences. Real state secrets those.
ZZyXX
2021-05-05 00:53:10 UTC
Don't trust these creatures as far as you can throw them. Keep the Huwei ban in-place, Biden.
"Chinese television maker Skyworth has issued an apology after a consumer found that his set was quietly collecting a wide range of private data and sending it to a Beijing-based analytics company without his consent."
https://www.scmp.com/tech/policy/article/3132091/chinese-tv-maker-skyworth-under-fire-
excessive-data-collection-users
conservatives have such a lack of imagination: imagine if you could
create a ground swell of people being spied on to provide fake info, and
yes you could engineer a device to do that, as long as you aren't a
conservative