CNN: Democrats have no logical argument to use against "unofficial drop-boxes."
2020-10-15 14:15:21 UTC
One Democrat offered, "We have a ton of requirements on official drop boxes,"

"A ton?" Like?? Bureaucrats...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/politics/california-republicans-ballot-drop-boxes-cease-and-desist/index.html
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-16 02:46:47 UTC
Use a genuine mailbox! Jeeze.
BTR1701
2020-10-16 03:02:06 UTC
One Democrat offered, "We have a ton of requirements on official drop boxes,"
"A ton?" Like?? Bureaucrats...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/politics/california-republicans-ballot-drop-boxes-cease-and-desist/index.html
Use a genuine mailbox! Jeeze.
It's just ballot harvesting, which we've been told is perfectly fine when
Democrats do it.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-16 03:37:43 UTC
One Democrat offered, "We have a ton of requirements on official drop boxes,"
"A ton?" Like?? Bureaucrats...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/politics/california-republicans-ballot-drop-boxes-cease-and-desist/index.html
Use a genuine mailbox! Jeeze.
It's just ballot harvesting, which we've been told is perfectly fine when
Democrats do it.
Democrats aren't ballot harvesting. Any individuals doing it of either
party should be shot.

You know what the Democrats are doing? My county clerk is a Democrat. My
state ordered county clerks to mail applications for vote-by-mail
absentee ballots to every voter. I sent mine in within a day of
receiving it, and the county clerk's office logged it in August 23. In
state law, the first day to mail absentee ballots was September 24.

I was told it was finally put in the mail October 14, but I haven't yet
received it obviously.

The county clerk's office hasn't been answering phone calls. The county
party isn't answering phone calls. I suppose I could have tried my
committeeman. Finally I complained to the League of Women Voters. A nice
lady answered the phone. She said she was on a Zoom meeting with the
county clerk and her personal cell phone number popped up on the screen.

I left a message in that voice mailbox and someone called back that
afternoon.

We don't have to worry about Trump's attempt to destroy confidence in
the security of vote by mail and screw with the post office. It's not
even the post office's fault if nothing has yet been mailed.

It's my own party's incompetence.
BTR1701
2020-10-16 03:58:04 UTC
One Democrat offered, "We have a ton of requirements on official drop boxes,"
"A ton?" Like?? Bureaucrats...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/politics/california-republicans-ballot-drop-boxes-cease-and-desist/index.html
Use a genuine mailbox! Jeeze.
It's just ballot harvesting, which we've been told is perfectly fine when
Democrats do it.
Democrats aren't ballot harvesting.
Sure they are. Ever since they legalized it, they've been harvesting like
crazy.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-16 04:05:13 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
I've always been more than willing to implement Lex Luthor's real estate
development idea from the Superman movie.
FPP
2020-10-16 07:14:37 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
"Now, California’s GOP is defending its use of the very ballot
collection law it once sued over."

No hypocrisy there... As usual, Republicans resort to lies and
obfuscation.

"At the center of the battle are questions of whether it is legal to
collect ballots through third party boxes and also what constitutes an
“official” ballot drop box. California law says a mail voter may
designate another person to return their ballot."

They're not 'official'... so Republicans can't just obey the law, they
feel the need to lie about it too.
--
There's nothing more American than demanding to carry an AR-15 to
"protect yourself" but refusing to wear a mask to protect everyone else.

If you hired a guy to "Make My House Great Again", and he hired his
incompetent children, stole your money, gave it away to your richest
neighbors, let everyone get sick, killed your grandma, backed over your
mailbox, burned down your house and blamed it on your black friends next
door... would YOU hire him AGAIN?

REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.
Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
BTR1701
2020-10-16 15:08:35 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
"Now, California’s GOP is defending its use of the very ballot
collection law it once sued over."
No hypocrisy there...
No, there isn't. At least no more hypocrisy than Democrats who rant about
the corruption of big money in politics and then take big money donations.
Obama and Hillary were famous for it and Biden is no better.

When that happens, you tell us that until they get elected and can change
it, they have to play the game the way the rules currently stand.

This is exactly what the Republicans are doing here. They don't like
harvesting, but that's the rules of the game the Dems in California have
established, so it would be stupid of them to give the Dems a massive
advantage by refraining from doing something the Dems themselves made
perfectly legal.

What's really hypocritical is the Dems screaming and clutching their pearls
over it, even as they themselves are operating ballot drop-off boxes in
union halls and BLM community organizer offices.
super70s
2020-10-16 19:54:07 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
"Now, California’s GOP is defending its use of the very ballot
collection law it once sued over."
No hypocrisy there...
No, there isn't. At least no more hypocrisy than Democrats who rant about
the corruption of big money in politics and then take big money donations.
Obama and Hillary were famous for it and Biden is no better.
Democrats would be happy to live in a world without the Citizens United
decision, would Republicans?

Of course not, Amy Coney Barrett would've never gotten this far without
all the dark money behind her (and the dark money that's bringing cases
to the court that she'll opine on).
FPP
2020-10-16 22:35:12 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
"Now, California’s GOP is defending its use of the very ballot
collection law it once sued over."
No hypocrisy there...
No, there isn't.
Hahahahahahahaha...

FPP
2020-10-16 22:37:05 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
"Now, California’s GOP is defending its use of the very ballot
collection law it once sued over."
No hypocrisy there...
No, there isn't. At least no more hypocrisy than Democrats who rant about
the corruption of big money in politics and then take big money donations.
Obama and Hillary were famous for it and Biden is no better.
Sure, because it's hypocrisy to use the only tools you have been given.
Dems were against it from the beginning, and would institute campaign
finance rules in a heartbeat.

Will you guys? No need to answer... we all know the answer.

BTR1701
2020-10-17 01:17:48 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
"Now, California's GOP is defending its use of the very ballot
collection law it once sued over."
No hypocrisy there...
No, there isn't. At least no more hypocrisy than Democrats who rant about
the corruption of big money in politics and then take big money donations.
Obama and Hillary were famous for it and Biden is no better.
Sure, because it's hypocrisy to use the only tools you have been given.
Bingo. Just like ballot harvesting.

The Dems legalized something that most states consider an electoral dirty
trick and now they're getting the vapors and reaching for the smelling
salts when they find out that someone other than themselves is taking
advantage of it.
FPP
2020-10-17 02:27:41 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
"Now, California's GOP is defending its use of the very ballot
collection law it once sued over."
No hypocrisy there...
No, there isn't. At least no more hypocrisy than Democrats who rant about
the corruption of big money in politics and then take big money donations.
Obama and Hillary were famous for it and Biden is no better.
Sure, because it's hypocrisy to use the only tools you have been given.
Bingo. Just like ballot harvesting.
The Dems legalized something that most states consider an electoral dirty
trick and now they're getting the vapors and reaching for the smelling
salts when they find out that someone other than themselves is taking
advantage of it.
Nice try. Too bad it doesn't address why your guys are misrepresenting
their boxes as 'official', when they're clearly NOT.

Another case where Republicans CAN do something legally, and honestly,
but CHOOSE not to.

trotsky
2020-10-17 12:58:15 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
"Now, California's GOP is defending its use of the very ballot
collection law it once sued over."
No hypocrisy there...
No, there isn't. At least no more hypocrisy than Democrats who rant about
the corruption of big money in politics and then take big money donations.
Obama and Hillary were famous for it and Biden is no better.
Sure, because it's hypocrisy to use the only tools you have been given.
Bingo. Just like ballot harvesting.
Hey, I don't know what the electorial count (official MAGA spelling)
will be but I predict Trump will lose the popular vote by between six
and eight million votes. What do you think, buddy?
FPP
2020-10-17 13:09:08 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Any individuals doing it of either party should be shot.
Once again: it's LEGAL in California.
"Now, California's GOP is defending its use of the very ballot
collection law it once sued over."
No hypocrisy there...
No, there isn't. At least no more hypocrisy than Democrats who rant about
the corruption of big money in politics and then take big money donations.
Obama and Hillary were famous for it and Biden is no better.
Sure, because it's hypocrisy to use the only tools you have been given.
Bingo. Just like ballot harvesting.
Hey, I don't know what the electorial count (official MAGA spelling)
will be but I predict Trump will lose the popular vote by between six
and eight million votes.  What do you think, buddy?
Not for nothing... but Republicans would need a couple of million drop
boxes in order to steal enough votes to tip California to Trump.

The Horny Goat
2020-10-19 02:21:14 UTC
"At the center of the battle are questions of whether it is legal to
collect ballots through third party boxes and also what constitutes an
“official” ballot drop box. California law says a mail voter may
designate another person to return their ballot."
Glad to know I'm not committing a crime when I post my wife's ballot!

(We have a drop box 10 ' from our front door at the office - we really
do!)
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-19 17:03:22 UTC
"At the center of the battle are questions of whether it is legal to
collect ballots through third party boxes and also what constitutes an
official ballot drop box. California law says a mail voter may
designate another person to return their ballot."
Glad to know I'm not committing a crime when I post my wife's ballot!
Why are you feeding FPP's troll? He couldn't be bothered to accurately
quote the GOP's criticism and couldn't even both to cite the quote he
used.

Ballot harvesting is a real concern this year. There are strangers who
offer to collect ballots from people who absolutely should not be
trusted. My state, like most states, has specific procedures to follow
after marking the ballot, including sealing it in an official return
envelope and signing across the flap as some mitigation against ballot
tampering. If the person collecting the ballot either opens the sealed
return envelope or misdirects the ballot, those are felony violations of
election law.

Of course if your wife has properly sealed her ballot in the envelope
and you don't tamper with the envelope and you don't misdirect her
ballot, you haven't committed a crime. No one is complaining about
anything of the sort, so FPP is lying.
Post by The Horny Goat
(We have a drop box 10 ' from our front door at the office - we really
do!)
I think that's a bad idea. Just put it in the mail.

I will be mailing by ballot, if I ever receive it, via the post office.
I refuse to use an unattended "official ballot collection box" as that's
far more vulnerable to tampering than the U.S. mail is.
The Horny Goat
2020-10-20 03:50:37 UTC
On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 17:03:22 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
[...]
That was a major issue in a mail in referendum British Columbia did in
2019 (which many considered a dry run for widespread voting by mail as
the referendum was non-binding on the government)
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Of course if your wife has properly sealed her ballot in the envelope
and you don't tamper with the envelope and you don't misdirect her
ballot, you haven't committed a crime. No one is complaining about
anything of the sort, so FPP is lying.
Hmmm not the first time eh?
(We have a drop box 10 ' from our front door at the office - we really
do!)
I think that's a bad idea. Just put it in the mail.
Perhaps I was too vague - the "drop box" I refer to is an honest to
god red mailbox.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
I will be mailing by ballot, if I ever receive it, via the post office.
I refuse to use an unattended "official ballot collection box" as that's
far more vulnerable to tampering than the U.S. mail is.
Again when I referred to 'drop box' I meant an honest to god official
mail box not something provided by a no-name third party provider.
FPP
2020-10-20 04:19:13 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
I will be mailing by ballot, if I ever receive it, via the post office.
I refuse to use an unattended "official ballot collection box" as that's
far more vulnerable to tampering than the U.S. mail is.
Again when I referred to 'drop box' I meant an honest to god official
mail box not something provided by a no-name third party provider.
We have them set up in every town hall. It's pretty easy this year.

suzeeq
2020-10-20 04:41:06 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
I will be mailing by ballot, if I ever receive it, via the post office.
I refuse to use an unattended "official ballot collection box" as that's
far more vulnerable to tampering than the U.S. mail is.
Again when I referred to 'drop box' I meant an honest to god official
mail box not something provided by a no-name third party provider.
We also have official drop boxes provided by the elections office,
usually right next to the office.

RichA
They should be checking every dumpster on a postman's route if they want to find the ballots.
FPP
2020-10-16 07:10:15 UTC
One Democrat offered, "We have a ton of requirements on official drop boxes,"
"A ton?" Like?? Bureaucrats...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/14/politics/california-republicans-ballot-drop-boxes-cease-and-desist/index.html
Use a genuine mailbox! Jeeze.
It's just ballot harvesting, which we've been told is perfectly fine when
Democrats do it.
No, you haven't been told that. You just made it up to cover for the
fact that when there IS voter fraud, it's usually being done by Republicans.