[NEWS] 'Daybreak' trailer (teen post-apocalyptic comedy-horror-drama)
Add Reply
Your Name
2019-10-09 03:00:23 UTC
From ComingSoon.net ...

Teenagers take over the world in Netflix's Daybreak trailer
Netflix has released the official trailer for their
post-apocalyptic dramedy series Daybreak, featuring teenagers
taking over the world while all the adults turn into zombies.
Starring Colin Ford (We Bought a Zoo) and Golden Globe
nominee Matthew Broderick, the series will make its debut on
October 24. Check out the video below!

Trailer: (2mins 50secs)

Based on Brian Ralph's graphic novel series of the same name,
Daybreak is a genre-bending series and subversive dark comedy
which finds 17-year-old high school outcast Josh searching for
his missing girlfriend Sam in post-apocalyptic Glendale,
California. Joined by a ragtag group of misfits including a
pyromaniac 12 year old Angelica and Josh's former high school
bully Wesley, now turned pacifist samurai, Josh tries to stay
alive amongst the horde of Mad Max-style gangs (evil jocks,
cheerleaders turned Amazon warriors), zombie-like creatures
called Ghoulies, and everything else this brave new world
throws at him.

The 10-episode series stars Colin Ford as Josh Wheeler, Alyvia
Alyn Lind as Angelica, Matthew Broderick as Principal Burr,
Sophie Simnett as Sam Dean, Gregory Kasyan as Eli Cardashyan,
Krysta Rodriguez as Ms. Crumble, Jeanté Godlock as Mona Lisa
and Cody Kearsley as Turbo Bro Jock.

Daybreak is created by Aron Eli Coleite (Star Trek: Discovery,
Heroes) and Brad Peyton (Frontier, Rampage), who are also
serving as executive producers along with Jeff Fierson
(Frontier).

<https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1104159-daybreak-trailer>
Ian J. Ball
2019-10-09 12:48:56 UTC
From ComingSoon.net ...
http://youtu.be/2P9U41e75tE
Based on Brian Ralph's graphic novel series of the same name,
Daybreak is a genre-bending series and subversive dark comedy
which finds 17-year-old high school outcast Josh searching for
his missing girlfriend Sam in post-apocalyptic Glendale,
California. Joined by a ragtag group of misfits including a
pyromaniac 12 year old Angelica and Josh's former high school
bully Wesley, now turned pacifist samurai, Josh tries to stay
alive amongst the horde of Mad Max-style gangs (evil jocks,
cheerleaders turned Amazon warriors), zombie-like creatures
called Ghoulies, and everything else this brave new world
throws at him.
The 10-episode series stars Colin Ford as Josh Wheeler, Alyvia
Alyn Lind as Angelica, Matthew Broderick as Principal Burr,
Sophie Simnett as Sam Dean,
Sophie Simnett is a biscuit, but I don't get the Netflix right now, and
I'd rather watch "The Tribe", which is this general concept, but done
better....
--
"Shall we sit and ponder the futility of caring?" - Morotia M. Black (aka.
Your Name
2019-10-09 21:22:32 UTC
Post by Your Name
From ComingSoon.net ...
[...]
"The Tribe" was made 20 years ago. Admitedly it's probably one of the
"best" (relatively speaking) of New Zealand-made shows, but still
rubbish, especially later season where they completely ran out of
remotely sensible ideas.
Ian J. Ball
2019-10-10 01:29:39 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Your Name
From ComingSoon.net ...
[...]
Yes - I concede that seasons #4 & #5 (esp. the latter) were bad.
--
"Shall we sit and ponder the futility of caring?" - Morotia M. Black (aka.
Your Name
2019-10-10 02:09:08 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Your Name
From ComingSoon.net ...
[...]
The later seasons were so bad that I don't think they even bothered
playing them in New Zealand. They only played in the UK. :-)
(Similarly, the New Zealand-filmed 'Power Rangers' only played a couple
of seasons here and then disappeared, thankfully, but went on for years
in the US and UK while still being filmed here.)

One of the main actresses was Antonia Preeble, who played the pregnant
character. She is one of the few who went on to a big (well, New
Zealand big) career in stage and TV shows. She was in the awful
'Outrageous Fortune' and then went on to currently play that
character's grandmother in the equally awful prequal series 'Westside'.