Meghan McCain: SNL mockery left me depressed
t***@gmail.com
2021-10-21 00:16:35 UTC
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/meghan-mccain-the-view-departure-trump-marriage-1244218/

In an interview with Rolling Stone promoting her new memoir, McCain was asked why people have a princess
impression of her. "I’m very aware of this, like, spoiled, entitled queen of nepotism persona that is out there,"
she said. "Some of it I think is, I didn’t always react my best on air on The View. To my defense, neither did
anyone else, everybody’s just watching me react badly the most and making the most of it. I think partly Saturday
Night Live parodies have this way of becoming reality. I’ve seen it so many times with Sarah Palin, Hillary
Clinton. The stereotypes of who you are become true. Bush being an idiot. I still think Alex Trebek is someone who
celebrities hated. Sometimes the parody is the person, and I think that probably played a factor, too. People
really loved it when SNL dunked on me, and it was not flattering or kind. And, by the way, they were pretty nice
to the rest of the (View) cast, just not great to me. I feel like I have a pretty healthy sense of humor. But I
think if people knew what it has done to me mentally, emotionally, the toll it’s taken on me, the depression that
has followed … just the dark spirals. I felt like for a while that I was just the laughing stock of the country.
And it’s not true or fair or accurate, but when you’re your worst critic in your head, it’s very hard."
super70s
2021-10-21 13:53:31 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
[...]
I don't remember the SNL parody particularly but I'm betting she was
played by Fat Aidy.

I think she's taking it a little too seriously but what can you do when
you're desperate to fill up a 200 page book.
Ubiquitous
2021-10-21 17:57:02 UTC
https://tenor.com/view/familyguy-shutup-meg-shutupmeg-gif-7281798

--