It's That Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
2021-11-23 07:41:43 UTC
It's the most wonderful time of the year!-- when leftists put on sneering
elitist tutorials on how to endure the horror of eating a meal with someon
who doesn't share their politics. These 'survival guides'-- emanating fro
such storied media institutions as Slate, Vox, and Huffington Post-- ar
always couched in terms of some unfortunate liberal, who is forced to leav
the elite utopia of some 'progressive' enclave and travel into the dark hear
of the country where they've never even heard of Whole Foods, let alon
kombucha and avocado toast, and where they are forced to deal with th
primitive denizens who therein reside. Like Dian Fossey trying to communicat
with a bunch of grunting gorillas.

There have been dozens of 'news' articles printed in the past week admonishin
people with a virtual wagging finger not to discuss politics at all with thei
relatives this Thanksgiving. CNN, for example, penned a retarded "surviva
guide", warning that even the most innocent mention of politics or socia
issues could potentially turn MawMaw's house into the Thunder Dome. They eve
gave these hypothetical cretins in the dark hinterlands of America names-
Roscoe and Carol.

Roscoe and Carol are constructs (I hope) meant to act as stand-ins for th
unwashed, sneering mass of humanity that generous, humane, and-- above all-
intellectually rigorous liberals will no doubt have to condescend to deal wit
this Thanksgiving. I'm always amazed at these stories about liberals travelin
home to meet troglodytic conservatives like myself for Thanksgiving an
contriving ways to dumb down their brilliant ideas just enough so that I'l
see the light.

I consider myself fortunate that I don't have one of these proto-communists i
my family who feels its their duty and obligation to utterly ruin ever
holiday for everyone else. It's apparently never occurred to them that a) the
could do themselves a favor by not showing up, and b) the person a
Thanksgiving dinner who believes everyone else in the room is the idiot woul
almost certainly be in for the rudest surprise of their life if god suddenl
granted them a modicum of self-awareness.
trotsky
2021-11-23 10:38:44 UTC
It's the most wonderful time of the year!--
FUCK OFF YOU WHITE SUPREMACIST BASTARD.
moviePig
2021-11-23 15:23:14 UTC
It's the most wonderful time of the year!-- when leftists put on sneering,
elitist tutorials on how to endure the horror of eating a meal with someone
who doesn't share their politics. These 'survival guides'-- emanating from
such storied media institutions as Slate, Vox, and Huffington Post-- are
always couched in terms of some unfortunate liberal, who is forced to leave
the elite utopia of some 'progressive' enclave and travel into the dark heart
of the country where they've never even heard of Whole Foods, let alone
kombucha and avocado toast, and where they are forced to deal with the
primitive denizens who therein reside. Like Dian Fossey trying to communicate
with a bunch of grunting gorillas.
There have been dozens of 'news' articles printed in the past week admonishing
people with a virtual wagging finger not to discuss politics at all with their
relatives this Thanksgiving. CNN, for example, penned a retarded "survival
guide", warning that even the most innocent mention of politics or social
issues could potentially turn MawMaw's house into the Thunder Dome. They even
gave these hypothetical cretins in the dark hinterlands of America names--
Roscoe and Carol.
Roscoe and Carol are constructs (I hope) meant to act as stand-ins for the
unwashed, sneering mass of humanity that generous, humane, and-- above all--
intellectually rigorous liberals will no doubt have to condescend to deal with
this Thanksgiving. I'm always amazed at these stories about liberals traveling
home to meet troglodytic conservatives like myself for Thanksgiving and
contriving ways to dumb down their brilliant ideas just enough so that I'll
see the light.
I consider myself fortunate that I don't have one of these proto-communists in
my family who feels its their duty and obligation to utterly ruin every
holiday for everyone else. It's apparently never occurred to them that a) they
could do themselves a favor by not showing up, and b) the person at
Thanksgiving dinner who believes everyone else in the room is the idiot would
almost certainly be in for the rudest surprise of their life if god suddenly
granted them a modicum of self-awareness.
I wonder if that author saw the irony in his denouncing "sneering,
elitist tutorials"...
BTR1701
2021-11-23 17:14:34 UTC
It's the most wonderful time of the year!-- when leftists put on sneering,
elitist tutorials on how to endure the horror of eating a meal with someone
who doesn't share their politics. These 'survival guides'-- emanating from
such storied media institutions as Slate, Vox, and Huffington Post-- are
always couched in terms of some unfortunate liberal, who is forced to leave
the elite utopia of some 'progressive' enclave and travel into the dar
heart
of the country where they've never even heard of Whole Foods, let alone
kombucha and avocado toast, and where they are forced to deal with the
primitive denizens who therein reside. Like Dian Fossey trying t
communicate
with a bunch of grunting gorillas.
There have been dozens of 'news' articles printed in the past wee
admonishing
people with a virtual wagging finger not to discuss politics at all wit
their
relatives this Thanksgiving. CNN, for example, penned a retarded "survival
guide", warning that even the most innocent mention of politics or social
issues could potentially turn MawMaw's house into the Thunder Dome. The
even
Sauce for the goose...
BTR1701
2021-11-24 17:30:45 UTC
In article
It's the most wonderful time of the year!-- when leftists put on
sneering, elitist tutorials on how to endure the horror of eating a
meal with someone who doesn't share their politics. These 'survival
guides'-- emanating from such storied media institutions as Slate,
Vox, and Huffington Post-- are always couched in terms of some
unfortunate liberal, who is forced to leave the elite utopia of some
'progressive' enclave and travel into the dark heart of the country
where they've never even heard of Whole Foods, let alone kombucha and
avocado toast, and where they are forced to deal with the primitive
denizens who therein reside. Like Dian Fossey trying to communicate
with a bunch of grunting gorillas.
There have been dozens of 'news' articles printed in the past week
admonishing people with a virtual wagging finger not to discuss
politics at all with their relatives this Thanksgiving. CNN, for
example, penned a retarded "survival guide", warning that even the
most innocent mention of politics or social issues could potentially
turn MawMaw's house into the Thunder Dome. They even gave these
hypothetical cretins in the dark hinterlands of America names--
Roscoe and Carol.
Roscoe and Carol are constructs (I hope) meant to act as stand-ins for
the unwashed, sneering mass of humanity that generous, humane, and--
above all-- intellectually rigorous liberals will no doubt have to
condescend to deal with this Thanksgiving. I'm always amazed at these
stories about liberals traveling home to meet troglodytic conservatives
like myself for Thanksgiving and contriving ways to dumb down their
brilliant ideas just enough so that I'll see the light.
I consider myself fortunate that I don't have one of these proto-
communists in my family who feels its their duty and obligation to
utterly ruin every holiday for everyone else. It's apparently never
occurred to them that a) they could do themselves a favor by not
showing up, and b) the person at Thanksgiving dinner who believes
everyone else in the room is the idiot would almost certainly be in
for the rudest surprise of their life if god suddenly granted them a
modicum of self-awareness.
I wonder if that author saw the irony in his denouncing "sneering,
elitist tutorials"...
Sauce for the goose...
STAR TREK QUOTE!
It was better in the original Klingon.
BTR1701
2021-11-25 03:06:47 UTC
[...]
Also, I'm frakking sick of people wishing me "Happy Honda Days" when they dam
well know my family celebrates Toyotathon!
moviePig
2021-11-25 04:03:48 UTC
[...]
Also, I'm frakking sick of people wishing me "Happy Honda Days" when they damn
well know my family celebrates Toyotathon!
Not all 347 days of it, I hope...
BTR1701
2021-11-26 02:32:30 UTC
[...]
The Minnesota Department of Health took out a full page, color ad in today'
Minneapolis Star Tribune with tips for hijacking your Thanksgiving meal t
badger relatives about getting vaccinated.

"Try to treat it like a journalistic interview."

2021-11-26 03:32:18 UTC
[...]
The Minnesota Department of Health took out a full page, color ad in today's
Minneapolis Star Tribune with tips for hijacking your Thanksgiving meal to
https://www.dropbox.com/s/etrbzhghtgg1txw/MinneapolisStarTribune.png?dl=0
Indeed, if you wouldn't badger relatives who smoke...
trotsky
"But but but muh Thanksgiving freedoms!!!!!"
kensi
2021-11-24 05:42:33 UTC
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Yep: time for another month of right-wing whining about the so-called
"war on Christmas"! Oh happy happy joy joy!

*sigh*
Post by BTR1701
troglodytic conservatives like myself
Finally, after what seems like literal years, we got you to admit to
being a conservative, you intellectually dishonest ... well, troglodyte.

:P
in here." ~Checkmate
Ubiquitous
2021-11-30 15:43:56 UTC
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Time for the annual War On Xmas...

--
Let's go Brandon!