Fox news: Librarians claim saying "God bless you" is Islamophobic
2018-04-09 00:37:11 UTC
"The librarians argue Christians are especially guilty of Islamomisic
microaggressions for using phrases like “Merry Christmas,” “Happy Easter,”
and “God bless you.” Some other microaggressions aimed at Muslims include
“endorsing religiousstereotypes,” such as viewing hijabs as fashionable,
suggesting Muslims practice the “wrong” religion, and having “the assumption
of one’s own religious identity as the norm.”

Good story. It's a great heads up. I'll have to remember to say "God bless
you", "Merry Christmas", and "Happy Easter" even more than I already do. I
may even throw in a "Thank God for giving us President Trump" just for
kicks.

It would be the first time ever anyone cared what librarians thought. The
only time anyone listened to a librarian was when she told you to be
quiet...
College librarians argue Christians who say 'God bless you' are Islamophobic

By Caleb Parke
Mar. 5, 2018

If you’ve ever wished someone a “Merry Christmas” or said “God bless you”
when someone sneezes, you’ve committed an act of “Islamomisic
microaggressions,” according to college librarians at a Massachusetts
college.

The Anti-Oppression Library Guide at Simmons College in Boston is a
collaborative effort among the school’s librarians, reported
CampusReform.org.

“Islamomisic Microaggressions are commonplace verbal or behavioral
indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, which communicates
hostile, derogatory, or negative slights in relation to the beliefs and
religious practices of Muslims,” the librarians argue. “They are
structurally based and invoke oppressive systems of religious/Christian
hierarchy.”

A spokesperson told Fox News the guide is not a policy of Simmons College.

College to host speaker that called for jihad against US

“The information in this guide is an introductory resource intended to
provide general information about anti-oppression, diversity, and
inclusion,” the statement read. “It is by no means a complete guide to
social justice issues, religions, conversations or points of view.”

As disclaimer, the guide adds, “We are not immune from the limits and hidden
biases of our own privileges and perspectives as allies. We welcome and
greatly appreciate any feedback and suggestions for the guide, particularly
from the perspectives and experiences of the marginalized groups listed and
not listed here.”

The librarians argue Christians are especially guilty of Islamomisic
microaggressions for using phrases like “Merry Christmas,” “Happy Easter,”
and “God bless you.”

Some other microaggressions aimed at Muslims include “endorsing religious
stereotypes,” such as viewing hijabs as fashionable, suggesting Muslims
practice the “wrong” religion, and having “the assumption of one’s own
religious identity as the norm.”

The controversial resource argues “people who follow Christianity have
institutionalized power,” or “Christian privilege,” which is demonstrated
when they “expect to have time off work to celebrate religious holidays” or
worship without fear of violence or threats.

The guide also argues that Christians suffer from “Christian fragility” and
may become angry, hostile, or defensive during conversations about religion
because Christians lack the skills for constructive engagement with other
religions.

“Within this dominant social environment, Christians come to expect social
comfort and a sense of belonging and superiority,” the librarians write.
“They may become defensive, positioning themselves as victims of
anti-Islamomisic work and co-opting the rhetoric of violence to describe
their experiences of being challenged on religious privilege.”

The page features a TED talk by Melissa Boigon, where she said Islamophobia
has turned into a fear of Arabs and not Islam itself. Boigon stated there is
nothing “violent or anti-American” about sharia law.

“Islam is a religion of peace,” Boigon said. “Muslims did not kill Americans
on 9/11. A very small extremist group that can barely gain any footing, even
in the most conservative Muslim circles committed heinous crimes on 9/11.
Islam is a religion of peace.”

The guide also links to the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which
lists Fox News Channel as an “Islamophobic Organization.”

https://tinyurl.com/y8x5popx
Your Name
2018-04-09 01:59:35 UTC
"The librarians argue Christians are especially guilty of Islamomisic
microaggressions for using phrases like "Merry Christmas," "Happy Easter,"
and "God bless you." Some other microaggressions aimed at Muslims include
"endorsing religiousstereotypes," such as viewing hijabs as fashionable,
suggesting Muslims practice the "wrong" religion, and having "the assumption
of one's own religious identity as the norm."
<snip>

The human race just gets more and more stupid with every passing day. :-(

Ignoring the fact that *all* religions are moronically silly and should
be banned, if some "other" religion gets upset about "Merry Christmas"
or whatever, then that's *THEIR* problem. If they can't accept someone
else might have a different religion to them, then why should everyone
else have to kiss the ass of their religion.

Besides which, "God bless you" doesn't say which ridiculous God it is
... could be Christian, Egyptian, Roman, Greek, ...
BTR1701
2018-04-09 04:06:52 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by RichA
"The librarians argue Christians are especially guilty of Islamomisic
microaggressions for using phrases like "Merry Christmas," "Happy Easter,"
and "God bless you." Some other microaggressions aimed at Muslims include
"endorsing religiousstereotypes," such as viewing hijabs as fashionable,
suggesting Muslims practice the "wrong" religion, and having "the assumption
of one's own religious identity as the norm."
The human race just gets more and more stupid with every passing day. :-(
Ignoring the fact that *all* religions are moronically silly and should
be banned
How could you possibly ban religion without turning into an Orwellian
police state?
Post by Your Name
Besides which, "God bless you" doesn't say which ridiculous God it is
... could be Christian, Egyptian, Roman, Greek, ...
Bastet will not bless you when you sneeze. She'd prefer to wrench your
lungs out through your nose. All hail Bastet!
trotsky
2018-04-09 09:09:54 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by RichA
"The librarians argue Christians are especially guilty of Islamomisic
microaggressions for using phrases like "Merry Christmas," "Happy Easter,"
and "God bless you." Some other microaggressions aimed at Muslims include
"endorsing religiousstereotypes," such as viewing hijabs as fashionable,
suggesting Muslims practice the "wrong" religion, and having "the assumption
of one's own religious identity as the norm."
The human race just gets more and more stupid with every passing day. :-(
Ignoring the fact that *all* religions are moronically silly and should
be banned
How could you possibly ban religion without turning into an Orwellian
police state?
Another abjectly stupid statement. In "1984", the novel whence the term
"Orwellian" originated, thought crimes were an offense that got you
imprisoned and subject to the totalitarian version of gay conversion
therapy. To say that people complaining people not being PC is
"Orwellian" is moronic at best and a filthy fucking lie at worst.
Capiche, Jar Jar?
Adam H. Kerman
2018-04-09 02:05:29 UTC
"The librarians argue Christians are especially guilty of Islamomisic
microaggressions for using phrases like . . .
What, you have me kill filed? I reported this weeks ago. It's a
potential plot for my tv series about the heroic women and transgendered
men of the Language Police.
A Friend
2018-04-09 02:38:41 UTC
Good story. It's a great heads up. I'll have to remember to say "God bless
you", "Merry Christmas", and "Happy Easter" even more than I already do. I
may even throw in a "Thank God for giving us President Trump" just for
kicks.
Yeah, like you ever leave the apartment, except for when they have to
spray for roaches.
trotsky
2018-04-09 09:12:14 UTC
Good story. It's a great heads up. I'll have to remember to say "God bless
you", "Merry Christmas", and "Happy Easter" even more than I already do. I
may even throw in a "Thank God for giving us President Trump" just for
kicks.
Yeah, like you ever leave the apartment, except for when they have to
spray for roaches.
Then he has to leave because he'd be dead otherwise.

BTR1701
2018-04-09 04:04:43 UTC
The librarians argue Christians are especially guilty of Islamomisic
microaggressions for using phrases like "Merry Christmas", "Happy Easter",
and "God bless you".
How is that last one a PC transgression? Don't Muslims believe in god,
too?