Ad question
T***@agent.com
2020-07-30 16:12:21 UTC
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
moviePig
2020-07-30 17:03:33 UTC
Hope they're more than a professional tattletale...
T***@agent.com
Lost me on that one, Pig.
moviePig
2020-07-30 23:09:23 UTC
Post by T***@agent.com
Post by moviePig
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
Hope they're more than a professional tattletale...
Lost me on that one, Pig.
Merely informing you that your house is for sale (presumably legally)
doesn't sound like much of a preventative or rescue.
trotsky
2020-07-31 09:53:45 UTC
Post by T***@agent.com
Post by moviePig
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
Hope they're more than a professional tattletale...
Lost me on that one, Pig.
Merely informing you that your house is for sale (presumably legally)
doesn't sound like much of a preventative or rescue.
Really? So taking legal action before the deed is transferred doesn't
seem the least bit prudent for you?

I would suggest you have yourself checked for alien DNA.
moviePig
2020-07-31 13:40:16 UTC
Post by T***@agent.com
Post by moviePig
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
Hope they're more than a professional tattletale...
Lost me on that one, Pig.
Merely informing you that your house is for sale (presumably legally)
doesn't sound like much of a preventative or rescue.
Really?  So taking legal action before the deed is transferred doesn't
seem the least bit prudent for you?
I would suggest you have yourself checked for alien DNA.
You're both right. My original comment was intended merely as a
sardonic joke, along the lines of a guillotine attendant who informs the
trapped victim that the blade's falling, so he won't be surprised.
super70s
2020-07-30 18:06:12 UTC
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
I've seen this ad myself, as I remember all they do is show hapless
victims and no explanation why they lost their homes unknowingly.

I suspect they were in arrears on their property tax and didn't realize
it, then some loophole allowed the sharks to pounce.

Even then it should wind up before a judge before you're actually
evicted, but the tenants could have ignored the whole process either
intentionally or not.

This dilemma reminds me of a fantastic movie that was made in the last
decade and based on a best-selling novel, "House of Sand and Fog."
T***@agent.com
2020-07-30 21:54:56 UTC
On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:06:12 -0500, super70s
Post by super70s
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
I've seen this ad myself, as I remember all they do is show hapless
victims and no explanation why they lost their homes unknowingly.
I suspect they were in arrears on their property tax and didn't realize
it, then some loophole allowed the sharks to pounce.
Even then it should wind up before a judge before you're actually
evicted, but the tenants could have ignored the whole process either
intentionally or not.
This dilemma reminds me of a fantastic movie that was made in the last
decade and based on a best-selling novel, "House of Sand and Fog."
Aha! That makes sense. And I remember that movie. I thought it was
terrific.
trotsky
2020-07-31 09:47:21 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
I've seen this ad myself, as I remember all they do is show hapless
victims and no explanation why they lost their homes unknowingly.
I suspect they were in arrears on their property tax and didn't realize
it, then some loophole allowed the sharks to pounce.
Even then it should wind up before a judge before you're actually
evicted, but the tenants could have ignored the whole process either
intentionally or not.
This dilemma reminds me of a fantastic movie that was made in the last
decade and based on a best-selling novel, "House of Sand and Fog."
Aha! That makes sense. And I remember that movie. I thought it was
terrific.
For fuck's sake why don't you guys just look for the facts:

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/house-sale-through-fraud-49141
It is possible for a house owned by one person to sell without his or her permission by another that does not own the property with any legal claim, and this is often considered a crime. In these situations, it is possible, usually through legal support, to reacquire the house when another uses fraud to steal and sell the property.
David Johnston
2020-07-30 22:22:54 UTC
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
Register a fraudulent Collateral Loan Agreement against the occupants
with forged signatures. Then initiate foreclosure proceedings without
informing the occupants. Get an unopposed court judgement while
pretending your victims have been properly served. Then sell the house
cheap.
super70s
2020-07-30 22:33:52 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
Register a fraudulent Collateral Loan Agreement against the occupants
with forged signatures. Then initiate foreclosure proceedings without
informing the occupants. Get an unopposed court judgement while
pretending your victims have been properly served. Then sell the house
cheap.
OK I do remember something about this house stealing scam using forged
signatures now that you mention it.

You had better flee to France or somewhere with the money though
because this could mean some serious jail time if you got caught.

Apparently this outfit running the ad has some kind of constant
monitoring service so this can't happen (as rare as it is).
David Johnston
2020-07-30 23:22:59 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by David Johnston
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
Register a fraudulent Collateral Loan Agreement against the occupants
with forged signatures.  Then initiate foreclosure proceedings without
informing the occupants.  Get an unopposed court judgement while
pretending your victims have been properly served.  Then sell the
house cheap.
OK I do remember something about this house stealing scam using forged
signatures now that you mention it.
You had better flee to France or somewhere with the money though because
this could mean some serious jail time if you got caught.
Apparently this outfit running the ad has some kind of constant
monitoring service so this can't happen (as rare as it is).
Actually the signatures don't necessarily have to be forged although
they were in the case I'm familiar with. If there's a real mortgage on
the house, you can buy the debt then do the same trick of initiating
foreclosure proceedings while pretending to have served the occupants.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-03 04:31:39 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by super70s
Post by David Johnston
Post by T***@agent.com
[...]
That's an interesting scam.

But if the owner has title insurance, that would prevent this. I don't
see how you need another kind of policy.
Dimensional Traveler
2020-08-03 05:07:41 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by super70s
Post by David Johnston
Post by T***@agent.com
[...]
No, it wouldn't. Selling mortgage debts and the servicing rights for
mortgage debts is a thriving secondary market among mortgage lenders.
It has been so prevalent for so long that even the bankruptcy courts
sometimes have trouble following the trails. But it is legal. (Not
following the laws for proper recording of such transactions is not but
in real life prosecuting for that basically just doesn't happen.) The
issue would be on the scammers following legal foreclosure laws or not,
which vary from state to state.
<to be filled in at a later date>
The Horny Goat
2020-08-01 16:20:55 UTC
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
Must be a recruiting ad for the US Army since if you own your own home
and pay your taxes you can't lose your land except by "eminent domain"
(what Canadians call "expropriation") and the allowable reasons for
that are restricted by law. (Much more tightly so than in Canada -
Canadian municipal councils aren't allowed to do land assembly for
major projects by this method)
FPP
2020-08-01 21:59:42 UTC
Post by T***@agent.com
I saw an ad on TV yesterday about a service that can protect you from
having your house sold out from under you without your knowledge. Does
anyone know what that is all about?
Must be a recruiting ad for the US Army since if you own your own home
and pay your taxes you can't lose your land except by "eminent domain"
(what Canadians call "expropriation") and the allowable reasons for
that are restricted by law. (Much more tightly so than in Canada -
Canadian municipal councils aren't allowed to do land assembly for
major projects by this method)
You WOULD think that, wouldn't you? And you would by DEAD WRONG, too.

"Six years ago, FBI agents in Jacksonville, Florida, wrote a memo to
their bosses in Washington, DC, that could have unraveled the largest
consumer fraud in American history. It went to the heart of the shady
mortgage industry that precipitated the financial crisis, and the case
promised to involve nearly every major bank in the country, honing in on
the despicable practice of using bogus documents to illegally kick
people out of their homes."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/yvxajb/what-happened-when-the-fbi-investigated-foreclosure-fraud-in-florida

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2010/12/some-lenders-sell-foreclosed-homes-without-obtaining-title.html

Yup! Banks foreclosed on homes they didn't own, and the people who did
were thrown out of their houses.
--
History will show when Tyranny came to the streets of America, the 3%,
Militiamen and Gun Nuts, who like to dress up as GI Joe in tactical

"Leaders who have hidden in a bunker and gassed their own citizens
include Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Donald [Bunker Bitch] Trump." -
Ben Wexler
REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.

Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20