Jail protocols for checking on Clinton pal Jeffrey Epstein were not followed in hours before he "died by suicide"
Add Reply
The Church Lady
2019-08-12 07:59:41 UTC
The Clintons murder another rollover witness with dirt on them.
Unions helped cover it up.

Jail protocols requiring routine checks on the wellbeing of
accused sex trafficker Jeffery Epstein appear to have not been
followed in the hours before the millionaire was found hanging
in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York
City, sources told ABC News on Sunday.

As an inmate in the Special Housing Unit at MCC, Epstein should
have been checked on by a correctional officer every 30 minutes,
according to Bureau of Prison protocols. But sources told ABC
News that protocol was not followed prior to Epstein’s death by
suicide.

In recent weeks, the correctional officers' union has complained
of understaffing. Those gripes are now part of the investigation
into whether the 30-minute checks were happening, sources said.

The two guards that were at the Special Housing Unit where
Epstein was housed, were both on overtime. One officer was
working a mandatory overtime shift. The other officer was
working his fifth overtime shift of the week, a single source
familiar with the matter told ABC News. This was first reported
by CNN.

A source familiar with conditions at MCC told ABC News that
recently, BOP had to bring in staff to the MCC from other
facilities because of understaffing at the prison. The source
said the agency even went so far to list the facility as "hard
to fill."

Epstein, a convicted sex offender, was found unresponsive in his
cell around 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, the Bureau of Prisons said.
He was transported in cardiac arrest at 6:39 a.m. to New York
Downtown Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to
sources.

An autopsy on Epstein was performed today and the cause and
manner of death are pending further information, according to
the New York City Medical Examiner's Office. A private
pathologist, Dr. Michael Baden, observed the autopsy at the
request of those representing Epstein.

The 66-year-old financier -- who once socialized with former
President Bill Clinton, Great Britain's Prince Andrew, and
President Donald Trump -- was placed on suicide watch on July 23
after he was initially found unresponsive and with bruises on
his neck in his cell in the Special Housing Unit of the federal
lockup in lower Manhattan. He was taken off suicide watch on
July 29, officials told ABC News.

His death angered many of Epstein's accusers who said they
wanted him to be found accountable for the alleged sex abuse he
subjected them too, including some when they were minors.

One of Epstein's accusers, Jennifer Araoz, who claimed that
Epstein raped her when she was 15, said through her attorney
that she plans to go ahead with a lawsuit against Epstein.

"This week, we intend to pursue justice for our client, Jennifer
Araoz, and hold accountable those who enabled Mr. Epstein's
criminal activity," Araoz's attorney, Dan Kaiser, said in a
statement on Sunday. "Regardless of his untimely death, our case
will move forward. Jennifer deserves her day in court."

U.S. Attorney General William Barr has ordered a full
investigation into Epstein's death to determine how such a high-
profile inmate could have taken his own life and why he was ever
removed from suicide watch in the first place. Barr was said to
be "livid," and "determined to get to the bottom of this,"
according to a source familiar with the case.

Barr said in a statement that he was "appalled" to learn Epstein
was found dead in his cell while in federal custody.

"In addition to the FBI's investigation, I consulted with the
Inspector General who is opening an investigation into the
circumstances of Mr. Epstein's death," Barr said in his
statement released on Saturday.

On Sunday, Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., would only say that he
will leave it up to FBI Director Christopher Wray to get to the
bottom of Epstein's death.

"I have faith and that's all I'm going to say on it. I think
it's good that the FBI is investigating and they're good at
this," Schumer said during a news conference. "I want them to
leave no stone unturned."

Under the U.S. Borough of Prison's suicide prevention protocol,
Epstein's removal from suicide watch would have required the
approval of the jail's suicide prevention coordinator, usually
the facility's chief psychologist.

"I won't be surprised if these impending investigations reveal
that Epstein was able to charm his way off suicide watch,
frankly. I mean, the guy was a master manipulator," Cameron
Lindsay, a retired federal prison warden and jail consultant,
told ABC News on Sunday. "I think when you look at the scope and
nature of his offenses, he was probably able to convince some
mental health professional that he was OK to come off suicide
watch because he was no longer a threat to himself."

While under suicide watch, according to the Bureau of Prison's
protocols, an inmate must be kept in a special room with no
"fixtures or architectural features that would easily allow self-
injury." The prisoner is also not allowed to have bedsheets or
any type of clothing that can be ripped and used to harm
themselves, according to the protocols.

During suicide watch, the prisoner must be observed 24 hours a
day by jail staff or a trained and certified inmate companion,
and seen by the jail's chief psychologist at least once a day,
according to the protocols.

Once an inmate is taken off suicide watch, a report on how the
decision was made must be forwarded to the warden, according to
the protocols.

"There should be a clear description of the resolution of the
crisis and guidelines for follow-up care," the protocols state.

Lindsay said that once removed from suicide watch, Epstein would
have been provided personal property, bed sheets and T-shirts.

(MORE: Alleged victims of Jeffrey Epstein say he 'will never
face the consequences')
"In a situation like this, where you have somebody who is of
such high notoriety, obviously the warden is involved," Lindsay
said. "As warden of five different correctional facilities, I
was involved in the decision-making process on a daily basis
with any inmate on suicide watch.

"But this is a hyper-exaggerated situation. It's Jeffrey
Epstein. You simply have to be involved as the warden," Lindsay
said.

The warden of the MCC facility, Shirley Skipper-Scott, has not
commented on Epstein's death.

Epstein was arrested on July 7, upon his return from France to
New Jersey’s Teterboro Airport. He was set to stand trial next
year for allegedly sexually abusing dozens of girls in New York
and Florida.

(MORE: The rise and fall of Jeffrey Epstein: A timeline of the
financier's troubles )
He faced a maximum sentence of 45 years in prison, if convicted.

A judge ordered him to be held without bail at the MCC facility
after finding Epstein to be a flight risk.

(MORE: Alleged victims of Jeffrey Epstein say he 'will never
face the consequences')
Epstein's death came a day after a federal appellate court in
New York unsealed around 2,000 pages of documents from a now-
settled civil defamation case between Virginia Roberts Giuffre,
an alleged Epstein victim, and British socialite Ghislaine
Maxwell, a longtime Epstein associate. Giuffre claimed she
eventually became a teen sex slave to Epstein, and a victim of
sex trafficking, beginning at age 17.

The newly-unsealed documents showed that Giuffre alleged that
Epstein and Maxwell directed her to have sex with, among others:
Prince Andrew; criminal defense attorney Alan Dershowitz; former
New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson; former Maine Sen. George
Mitchell; a well-known prime minister, who she wouldn't name;
and a foreign man who was introduced to her as a "prince."

Maxwell has consistently denied Giuffre's claims. Mitchell,
Richardson, Dershowitz and Prince Andrew have all denied the
claims.

Lindsay discounted several conspiracy theories that have emerged
since Epstein's death suggesting that something nefarious was
involved.

"I personally believe that somebody got lulled to sleep. I see
it as an issue of complacency and lack of leadership," Lindsay
said. "I hope it's not something more than that, but that's what
I believe is how this is going to unfold."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/jail-protocols-checking-jeffrey-
epstein-hours-died-suicide/story?id=64909860
Siri Cruise
2019-08-12 08:50:23 UTC
Post by The Church Lady
Jail protocols requiring routine checks on the wellbeing of
accused sex trafficker Jeffery Epstein appear to have not been
followed in the hours before the millionaire was found hanging
in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York
City, sources told ABC News on Sunday.
And who had the authority to change checks? iDJT.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\