Continuity error on "Lucifer"
2020-07-04 00:54:35 UTC
Shooting in action, Amenadiel(Lucifer's angel brother) slows time. Bullet discharged from a gun is traveling maybe 1/2 inch in 2 seconds, seemingly hanging in air. Lucifer kicks a paparazzi in the groin at the speed people normally would, but he's out of time sync. Given the bullet has been slowed-down by about 60,000x, his normal kick of 25 miles per hour would now be 1,500,000 miles per hour. I figure the guy be atomized by it.
David Johnston
2020-07-04 02:00:53 UTC
Shooting in action, Amenadiel(Lucifer's angel brother) slows time. Bullet discharged from a gun is traveling maybe 1/2 inch in 2 seconds, seemingly hanging in air. Lucifer kicks a paparazzi in the groin at the speed people normally would, but he's out of time sync. Given the bullet has been slowed-down by about 60,000x, his normal kick of 25 miles per hour would now be 1,500,000 miles per hour. I figure the guy be atomized by it.
Since there has been a distinct lack of supersonic shockwaves when
Amenadiel moves around in stopped time that seems like an unreasonable
assumption. It's almost like magic works on it's own rules.
RichA
2020-07-04 02:15:10 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
Shooting in action, Amenadiel(Lucifer's angel brother) slows time. Bullet discharged from a gun is traveling maybe 1/2 inch in 2 seconds, seemingly hanging in air. Lucifer kicks a paparazzi in the groin at the speed people normally would, but he's out of time sync. Given the bullet has been slowed-down by about 60,000x, his normal kick of 25 miles per hour would now be 1,500,000 miles per hour. I figure the guy be atomized by it.
Since there has been a distinct lack of supersonic shockwaves when
Amenadiel moves around in stopped time that seems like an unreasonable
assumption. It's almost like magic works on it's own rules.
If it was just a bending of physical laws, it's easy enough to work around it. Like in its simplest form. Lets say someone goes to the Moon. It's entirely possible for them to do a long jump that would eclipse anything on Earth and it appears like magic. But it's not.
But there are limits. Any kick in their time-frame would kill someone in the normal time-frame.
David Johnston
2020-07-04 02:36:08 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
Shooting in action, Amenadiel(Lucifer's angel brother) slows
time. Bullet discharged from a gun is traveling maybe 1/2 inch
in 2 seconds, seemingly hanging in air. Lucifer kicks a
paparazzi in the groin at the speed people normally would, but
he's out of time sync. Given the bullet has been slowed-down by
about 60,000x, his normal kick of 25 miles per hour would now be
1,500,000 miles per hour. I figure the guy be atomized by it.
Since there has been a distinct lack of supersonic shockwaves when
Amenadiel moves around in stopped time that seems like an
unreasonable assumption. It's almost like magic works on it's own
rules.
If it was just a bending of physical laws,
It isn't. It's an angelic miracle. And one that doesn't produce the
supersonic booms that would happen if your model was correct.
RichA
But there is no guarantee of how those miracles are created. The best example of this is Q of Star Trek. Seemingly able to do magic but in reality able to utilize some kind of physics to achieve the same thing.
David Johnston
Yeah but it's Star Trek bullshit physics that makes no sense.
RichA
"Change the gravitational constant of the universe!" Some of it is B.S. Hollywood has yet to figure out how to use only proven physics or at least theory-based speculative physics only. But we could also say that much of physics has yet to be properly theorized about. The 1920's was the beginning of much about the weirdness of physics we know today. Maybe another revolution like that will happen in the future.
David Johnston
2020-07-05 00:43:49 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
But no matter what they discover it won't involve having the powers of
Samantha Stevens and pretending that's physics.
ZZyXX
2020-07-04 18:56:10 UTC
obsession with the trivial much
RichA
2020-07-04 20:28:10 UTC
Speaking of it then, what it is to you and why join in?
ZZyXX
2020-07-05 18:58:26 UTC
Post by ZZyXX
Post by RichA
Shooting in action, Amenadiel(Lucifer's angel brother) slows time. Bullet discharged from a gun is traveling maybe 1/2 inch in 2 seconds, seemingly hanging in air. Lucifer kicks a paparazzi in the groin at the speed people normally would, but he's out of time sync. Given the bullet has been slowed-down by about 60,000x, his normal kick of 25 miles per hour would now be 1,500,000 miles per hour. I figure the guy be atomized by it.
obsession with the trivial much
Speaking of it then, what it is to you and why join in?
see? totally obsessed with trivia. LOL