Indian filmgoers encountering attacks
2021-11-24 00:28:09 UTC
Vandalism to movie screens and the release of noxious substances in
movie theatres showing Indian films is causing significant losses to
theatre owners in Ontario, Canada.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/cineplex-movie-screens-in-ontario-torn-latest-in-string-of-attacks-tied-to-south-indian-language-films

You have to love when Indian immigrants to Canada attack other Indian
immigrants to Canada: it really makes you question the whole theory that
diversity is wonderful. I would have thought they'd want to leave their
disagreements behind them but it seems some of them have brought them
here to Canada.... Here's hoping things don't escalate any further: I
don't want to see bombings at the local multiplexes with injuries and
fatalities.
It's better than the turbaned ones who took down an airliner. And nothing happened to them.
kensi
2021-11-24 06:01:01 UTC
You have to love when Indian immigrants to Canada attack other Indian
immigrants to Canada: it really makes you question the whole theory that
diversity is wonderful. I would have thought they'd want to leave their
disagreements behind them but it seems some of them have brought them
here to Canada.... Here's hoping things don't escalate any further: I
don't want to see bombings at the local multiplexes with injuries and
fatalities.
Isn't it far more likely that white racists like you are the
perpetrators here?

Also: What lunatics are going to cinemas to spend 2 hours in a poorly
ventilated indoor space with 300 other people breathing in a fug of
COVID aerosols?!
in here." ~Checkmate
RichA
You really don't understand the "Indian dynamic."
kensi
2021-11-24 06:11:26 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by Rhino
You have to love when Indian immigrants to Canada attack other Indian
immigrants to Canada: it really makes you question the whole theory that
diversity is wonderful. I would have thought they'd want to leave their
disagreements behind them but it seems some of them have brought them
here to Canada.... Here's hoping things don't escalate any further: I
don't want to see bombings at the local multiplexes with injuries and
fatalities.
Isn't it far more likely that white racists like you are the
perpetrators here?
You really don't understa<SMACKAK00K!>
Which is more credible here, a Ph.D. or a white supremacist?
in here." ~Checkmate
Rhino
2021-11-24 10:18:10 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by kensi
Post by Rhino
You have to love when Indian immigrants to Canada attack other Indian
immigrants to Canada: it really makes you question the whole theory that
diversity is wonderful. I would have thought they'd want to leave their
disagreements behind them but it seems some of them have brought them
here to Canada.... Here's hoping things don't escalate any further: I
don't want to see bombings at the local multiplexes with injuries and
fatalities.
Isn't it far more likely that white racists like you are the
perpetrators here?
You really don't understa<SMACKAK00K!>
Which is more credible here, a Ph.D. or a white supremacist?
Ph.D.? In what? Grievance Studies?
kensi
in here." ~Checkmate
trotsky
What the motherfuck is that supposed to mean, vegetable?
Rhino
2021-11-24 10:16:34 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by Rhino
You have to love when Indian immigrants to Canada attack other Indian
immigrants to Canada: it really makes you question the whole theory
that diversity is wonderful. I would have thought they'd want to leave
their disagreements behind them but it seems some of them have brought
them here to Canada.... Here's hoping things don't escalate any
further: I don't want to see bombings at the local multiplexes with
injuries and fatalities.
Isn't it far more likely that white racists like you are the
perpetrators here?
I'm a white racist? Where do you get that? Have we actually met? You're
offending my African heritage!
Post by kensi
Also: What lunatics are going to cinemas to spend 2 hours in a poorly
ventilated indoor space with 300 other people breathing in a fug of
COVID aerosols?!
Aha! So it's YOU that is the racist! You're the one that is appalled at
the thought of spending two hours in a cinema with a bunch of South Asians.

I've actually seen an Indian film in a theatre (pre-COVID) when the
Toronto International Film Festival was featuring Indian films. How many
Indian films have YOU seen in theatres?
kensi
2021-11-25 03:51:22 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by Rhino
You have to love when Indian immigrants to Canada attack other Indian
immigrants to Canada: it really makes you question the whole theory
that diversity is wonderful. I would have thought they'd want to
leave their disagreements behind them but it seems some of them have
brought them here to Canada.... Here's hoping things don't escalate
any further: I don't want to see bombings at the local multiplexes
with injuries and fatalities.
Isn't it far more likely that white racists like you are the
perpetrators here?
I'm a white racist? Where do you get that?
From your espousing racist stereotypes.
Post by Rhino
Post by kensi
Also: What lunatics are going to cinemas to spend 2 hours in a poorly
ventilated indoor space with 300 other people breathing in a fug of
COVID aerosols?!
Aha! So it's YOU that is the racist! You're the one that is appalled at
the thought of spending two hours in a cinema with a bunch of South Asians.
No, I'm appalled at the thought of spending two hours in a cinema with a
bunch of humans.
in here." ~Checkmate
RichA
2021-11-24 08:36:14 UTC
Vandalism to movie screens and the release of noxious substances in
movie theatres showing Indian films is causing significant losses to
theatre owners in Ontario, Canada.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/cineplex-movie-screens-in-ontario-torn-latest-in-string-of-attacks-tied-to-south-indian-language-films
You have to love when Indian immigrants to Canada attack other Indian
immigrants to Canada: it really makes you question the whole theory that
diversity is wonderful. I would have thought they'd want to leave their
disagreements behind them but it seems some of them have brought them
here to Canada.... Here's hoping things don't escalate any further: I
don't want to see bombings at the local multiplexes with injuries and
fatalities.
Some history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_India_Flight_182

Bagri speech

On 28 July 1984, the founding convention of the World Sikh Organization (WSO) was held at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The WSO's constitution was committed to diplomacy and non-violence, and it said the organisation would "strive for an independent Sikh homeland by peaceful means." Although Parmar was blocked at the border (he had been put under 24-hour watch), Bagri gave an hour-long speech at the convention.

He said, "until we kill 50,000 Hindus, we will not rest,"