[OT] Biden Won’t Take Your Guns
2020-11-21 16:04:06 UTC
Except he will, just as he promised in his campaign platform.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-deputy-chief-staff-mandatory-buyback-assault-weapons-gun-control?fbclid=IwAR3u0ViiDM59HYpFCLOelXFfV31_YBQWQTk_AG_c-kA6Uz_vBrYwMVEvl_c
NOVEMBER 19, 2020

Biden deputy chief of staff touted 'mandatory buybacks' of assault weapons

Jen O’Malley Dillon previously served as Biden’s campaign manager – but before that, she’d worked for Beto O’Rourke

Biden deputy chief of staff touted 'mandatory buybacks' of assault weapons

President-elect Joe Biden’s incoming White House deputy chief of staff once touted "mandatory buybacks" of certain rifles

Jennifer O’Malley Dillon previously served as Biden’s campaign manager – but before that, she managed Beto O’Rourke's 2020 campaign until he withdrew from the race.

The former Texas congressman declared during a Sept. 2019 primary debate: "Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47."

A few weeks later, O’Malley Dillon appeared in a video, posted on O’Rourke’s YouTube channel, touting the campaign's plan for "mandatory" buybacks of certain firearms, in addition to a new ban on assault-style weapons.

"We are actually the only campaign with a plan…that supports mandatory buybacks of weapons of war,” she says in the video. "An assault weapon ban is very, very important, and we need to have it. But that only takes weapons of war off the streets in the future. It does nothing for weapons of war that are currently out there."

She estimated the mandatory buyback would affect "15 or 16 million" guns.

Vice President-elect Kamala Harris also said she supports a mandatory buyback of “assault weapons” on the 2020 primary trail, although she estimated her version of such a program would impact only about 2 million weapons.

A spokesman for the Biden-Harris transition team did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Biden’s campaign has called for giving owners of "assault weapons or high-capacity magazines" the option to either sell their weapons to the government or register them with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives under an expansion of the National Firearms Act.

Police groups, Second Amendment advocates and even former Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders have criticized the idea of mandatory buybacks – with the latter calling them “unconstitutional.”
Rhino
2020-11-21 17:45:03 UTC
[...]
I think there are going to be plenty of Americans who say "Molon Labe!
(Greek for "Come and take them!") if the government tries that.

It remains to be seen how much of that is just bluster though and how
much real resistance there would be if the government started going door
to door to take people's "assault weapons".
2020-11-21 18:43:02 UTC
[...]
A lot of guns are going to be wrapped in plastic and buried discreetly
in a location known only to the owner.
Rhino
2020-11-21 20:38:48 UTC
[...]
Which raises the question of when, if ever, those weapons will actually
be used to resist an overly-intrusive government?
2020-11-21 21:08:08 UTC
[...]
You should check out ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC by Matthew Brack and
INDIAN COUNTRY by Kurt Schlicter. They're fictional thrillers, but they
describe exactly how that would work. Schlicter also does a great job of
debunking the "If you think you can hold off the U.S. military with just
a few rifles, you're gonna be real disappointed" trope that the grabbers
constantly throw out.
Ed Stasiak
2020-11-22 00:24:01 UTC
Which raises the question of when, if ever, those weapons will actually
be used to resist an overly-intrusive government?
You should check out ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC by Matthew Brack
and INDIAN COUNTRY by Kurt Schlicter. They're fictional thrillers, but they
describe exactly how that would work. Schlicter also does a great job of
debunking the "If you think you can hold off the U.S. military with just
a few rifles, you're gonna be real disappointed" trope that the grabbers
constantly throw out.
Can armed citizens go toe-to-toe with an army in the field? No, but we’re talking
about an insurgency, where the U.S. military (mostly Conservative and pro-gun)
would be expected to kick down doors and slaughter fellow Americans to seize
their guns because President Kamala Harris… I mean, Joe Biden told them to.

A few years ago, I’d have said most Dems had come to realize the anti-gun
agenda gets them nothing (not that they didn’t give it lip service anyway)
but after this year, with the Dems foolishly aligning with fringe BLM/ANTIFA
jihadis and openly calling for the police to be defunded/disbanded, (ironically,
the same cops they’ll need to seize the guns) I dunno?
FPP
2020-11-22 10:01:35 UTC
Which raises the question of when, if ever, those weapons will actually
be used to resist an overly-intrusive government?
You should check out ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC by Matthew Brack
and INDIAN COUNTRY by Kurt Schlicter. They're fictional thrillers, but they
describe exactly how that would work. Schlicter also does a great job of
debunking the "If you think you can hold off the U.S. military with just
a few rifles, you're gonna be real disappointed" trope that the grabbers
constantly throw out.
Can armed citizens go toe-to-toe with an army in the field? No, but we’re talking
about an insurgency, where the U.S. military (mostly Conservative and pro-gun)
would be expected to kick down doors and slaughter fellow Americans to seize
their guns because President Kamala Harris… I mean, Joe Biden told them to.
Obviously, people armed with popguns will literally decimate the most
well trained and well equipped modern military the earth has ever seen.

Sure it will... no question about it. (But only 'in a pig's ass'.)
--
"Good night wall, good night cages, good night endless Midnight rages."
"Good night thief, good night grief, good night cruel and callous Chief."

The Million MAGA March is mostly men... probably because the men aren't
very good at getting their women to come. Or so I've heard...

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
Adam H. Kerman
2020-11-21 20:39:19 UTC
[...]
Couldn't a gun owner assert his civil rights not to do that under Heller
and McDonald? They have to be available for self defense purposes.

Gun buybacks are a joke, of course. Police tend to collect unwanted
weapons whose owners either died or the maintenance of which has been
neglected for years. There is zero impact versus future crimes to be
committed by gangbangers or robbers.
alvey
2020-11-22 02:15:17 UTC
There is zero impact versus future crimes to be
committed by gangbangers or robbers.
Might have an effect here though Kerman.

https://tinyurl.com/yxbmke2j

alvey
trotsky
Interesting, I'd prefer if the owners did that to themselves.
Ubiquitous
2020-11-22 09:30:42 UTC
Except he will, just as he promised in his campaign platform.
I think there are going to be plenty of Americans who say "Molon Labe!
(Greek for "Come and take them!") if the government tries that.
They know better than to try that. They'll do it in a more circumtuitous
manner, like passing prohibitive taxes on guns and amo, or maybe just
outlawing amo.

--
"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive
voter fraud organization in the history of American politics."

#StopTheSteal

BTR1701
2020-11-21 18:41:11 UTC
Except he will, just as he promised in his campaign platform.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-deputy-chief-staff-mandatory-buyback-as
sault-weapons-gun-control?fbclid=IwAR3u0ViiDM59HYpFCLOelXFfV31_YBQWQTk_AG_c-kA
6Uz_vBrYwMVEvl_c
NOVEMBER 19, 2020
Biden deputy chief of staff touted 'mandatory buybacks' of assault weapons
How can the government buy back something it never owned in the first
place?
FPP
2020-11-22 10:05:17 UTC
Except he will, just as he promised in his campaign platform.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-deputy-chief-staff-mandatory-buyback-as
sault-weapons-gun-control?fbclid=IwAR3u0ViiDM59HYpFCLOelXFfV31_YBQWQTk_AG_c-kA
6Uz_vBrYwMVEvl_c
NOVEMBER 19, 2020
Biden deputy chief of staff touted 'mandatory buybacks' of assault weapons
How can the government buy back something it never owned in the first
place?
Dummy... it's a commonly accepted term.

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
Sockpuppet alert.
moviePig
Right now, Biden's focus is a 'mandatory buyback' of the Presidency...
Rhino
2020-11-21 21:51:56 UTC
[...]
Ed, I think you'll really like this video. The presenter is a North
Korean defector who has lived in the US for several years and is a
published human rights activist. She shares her views on gun ownership
in America:

2020-11-22 09:56:58 UTC
Except he will, just as he promised in his campaign platform.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-deputy-chief-staff-mandatory-buyback-assault-weapons-gun-control?fbclid=IwAR3u0ViiDM59HYpFCLOelXFfV31_YBQWQTk_AG_c-kA6Uz_vBrYwMVEvl_c
NOVEMBER 19, 2020
Biden deputy chief of staff touted 'mandatory buybacks' of assault weapons
Jen O’Malley Dillon previously served as Biden’s campaign manager – but before that, she’d worked for Beto O’Rourke
Biden deputy chief of staff touted 'mandatory buybacks' of assault weapons
Once again... Trump actually wanted to take your guns away without ANY
due process.
So, until you address this, Ed, nobody gives a shit about what appears
to be an obvious political double-standard.