Texas Senate approves bill allowing Texans to carry guns for week after natural disasters: report
Add Reply
Leroy N. Soetoro
2019-05-31 22:19:41 UTC
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-senate-approves-bill-allowing-
texans-to-carry-guns-for-week-after-natural-disasters-report

The Texas Senate on Sunday approved a bill that would allow any Texan who
can legally own a firearm to be able to carry it either open or concealed
for seven days after the state declares a natural disaster, The Dallas
Morning News reported.

The bill, which was narrowly passed 16-15, has been hotly contested. Three
Republicans voted against the measure, including Sen. Joan Huffman, R-
Houston. The paper reported that she questioned House Bill 1177’s effect
on policing after a powerful storm.

“It’s really, really poor public policy that is not well thought out,” she
said, according to the paper.

The bill has to be accepted by the House and will then be sent to
Republican Gov. Greg Abbott’s desk, The Texas Tribune reported. The bill
would take effect in September 2019.

The bill's sponsor, Rep. Dade Phelan, a Republican, said earlier that he
doesn't "want someone to feel like they have to leave their firearms back
in an unsecured home for a week or longer, and we all know how looting
occurs in storms. Entire neighborhoods are empty and these people can just
go shopping, and one of the things they’re looking for is firearms."

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

The Obama-led Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS)
approved Uranium One in fall 2010. With a little luck, we'll see
compulsive liar Hillary Clinton in jail before she dies.

The World According To Garp.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.
Just Wondering
2019-05-31 22:37:51 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
[...]
Meanwhile, at least fifteen states have "Constitutional Carry" laws;
their citizens don't need no steenkin' state-issued permission slips
to carry either open or concealed all the time. The sky has not yet
fallen in those states, and their streets do not flow with rivers of
blood.
https://www.gunlaws.com/ConstitutionalCarryIndex.htm
Klaus Schadenfreude
2019-05-31 22:42:53 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
“It’s really, really poor public policy that is not well thought out,” she
said, according to the paper.
...said one looter. "You know, we don't get a whole helluva lot of
opportunities to ply our trade, and when a disaster like a hurricane
strikes, and cops are super busy, well, this is the chance of a
lifetime. Now, just because I'm carrying your TV out your front door
doesn't mean, you know, I'm STEALING it-- I'm just trying to watch the
news to see what's going on, and if they're handing out any free
stuff. So, I don't like this law."
Just Wondering
2019-05-31 23:17:52 UTC
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
“It’s really, really poor public policy that is not well thought
out,” she said, according to the paper.
...said one looter. "You know, we don't get a whole helluva lot of
opportunities to ply our trade, and when a disaster like a hurricane
strikes, and cops are super busy, well, this is the chance of a
lifetime. Now, just because I'm carrying your TV out your front door
doesn't mean, you know, I'm STEALING it-- I'm just trying to watch
the news to see what's going on, and if they're handing out any free
stuff. So, I don't like this law."
That's a strange way of clipping stuff, clipping my post but
not my attribution, and clipping the other guy's attribution
but leaving part of his post.
Klaus Schadenfreude
2019-05-31 23:21:00 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
“It’s really, really poor public policy that is not well thought
out,” she said, according to the paper.
...said one looter. "You know, we don't get a whole helluva lot of
opportunities to ply our trade, and when a disaster like a hurricane
strikes, and cops are super busy, well, this is the chance of a
lifetime. Now, just because I'm carrying your TV out your front door
doesn't mean, you know, I'm STEALING it-- I'm just trying to watch
the news to see what's going on, and if they're handing out any free
stuff. So, I don't like this law."
That's a strange way of clipping stuff, clipping my post but
not my attribution, and clipping the other guy's attribution
but leaving part of his post.
The other guy..... you mean the quote I made up?

Do you ACTUALLY think someone said that?

Interesting.
trotsky
2019-06-01 11:49:19 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
“It’s really, really poor public policy that is not well thought
out,” she said, according to the paper.
...said one looter. "You know, we don't get a whole helluva lot of
opportunities to ply our trade, and when a disaster like a hurricane
strikes, and cops are super busy, well, this is the chance of a
lifetime. Now, just because I'm carrying your TV out your front door
doesn't mean, you know, I'm STEALING it-- I'm just trying to watch
the news to see what's going on, and if they're handing out any free
stuff. So, I don't like this law."
That's a strange way of clipping stuff, clipping my post but
not my attribution, and clipping the other guy's attribution
but leaving part of his post.
The other guy..... you mean the quote I made up?
Do you ACTUALLY think someone said that?
Interesting.
Excellent douchebag performance, Klaus!

Now try for something where you don't come of as a stupid asshole, I
dare yiou.
Byker
2019-06-01 12:00:22 UTC
Excellent douchebag performance, Klaus!
Now try for something where you don't come of as a stupid asshole, I dare
yiou.
I killfiled Klaus a long time ago. Like Rudy Canoza and Dr. Jai Maharaj, the
only reason I know he's still posting is because people keep responding to
his bullshit...
KlausSchadenfreude
2019-06-02 12:45:15 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by trotsky
Excellent douchebag performance, Klaus!
Now try for something where you don't come of as a stupid asshole, I dare
yiou.
I killfiled Klaus a long time ago. Like Rudy Canoza and Dr. Jai Maharaj, the
only reason I know he's still posting is because people keep responding to
his bullshit...
Kill filed by the inbred, glue-huffing, mouth-breather Byker! Whatever
SHALL I do?

LOL
Michael Ejercito
2019-06-02 16:49:40 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by trotsky
Excellent douchebag performance, Klaus!
Now try for something where you don't come of as a stupid asshole, I dare
yiou.
I killfiled Klaus a long time ago. Like Rudy Canoza and Dr. Jai Maharaj, the
only reason I know he's still posting is because people keep responding to
his bullshit...
Kill filed by the inbred, glue-huffing, mouth-breather Byker! Whatever
SHALL I do?
LOL
Since when was he a mouth-breather?

Michael

---
https://www.avg.com
Klaus Schadenfreude
2019-06-03 00:30:44 UTC
Post by Byker
Post by trotsky
Excellent douchebag performance, Klaus!
Now try for something where you don't come of as a stupid asshole, I dare
yiou.
I killfiled Klaus a long time ago. Like Rudy Canoza and Dr. Jai Maharaj, the
only reason I know he's still posting is because people keep responding to
his bullshit...
Kill filed by the inbred, glue-huffing, mouth-breather Byker! Whatever
SHALL I do?
LOL
Since when was he a mouth-breather?
I imagine Byker's been a mouth-breather since the day he was born.

mouthbreather
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Mouthbreather
1. literally, someone who lacks enough intelligence that they never
learned to breathe through their nose.

2. a really dumb person.

HTH :)
FPP
2019-08-10 22:08:55 UTC
Guns in Schools now. What could possibly go WRONG? Well...
...this.

Two young men broke into the School Resource Officer’s office at a
Tennessee high school and stole an AR-15 and a tactical vest. This is a
logical outcome of allowing guns in schools.

"Sheriff’s offices in Macon and Clay counties were searching for an
AR-15 missing from a school.

Officials said the sheriff’s department issued AR-15 and a tactical vest
were stolen from Red Boiling Springs School in Macon County.

Macon County Superintendent Tony Boles told News 2 the SRO’s office at
the school was broken into overnight. The gun and a tactical vest were
taken.

Boles said the school was put on lockdown procedures and the students
were “never in any danger.” He said parents weren’t notified because the
investigation was ongoing and they didn’t want to cause panic.

Adam Cisneros, the man wanted in connection with the theft, turned
himself into the Macon County Sheriff’s Department. They are looking for
another suspect, 18-year-old Lee Clark."
--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)
"I'm totally exonerated." (* but you can't see the report.)
max headroom
2019-08-11 01:21:09 UTC
Guns in Schools now. What could possibly go WRONG? Well... ...this.
Two young men broke into the School Resource Officer’s office at a
Tennessee high school and stole an AR-15 and a tactical vest. This is a
logical outcome of allowing guns in schools....
The government demands we keep our guns and ammo locked up.
Shouldn't the government keep its guns and ammo locked up, too?
Tuna Smack
2019-08-11 03:09:53 UTC
Post by max headroom
Guns in Schools now. What could possibly go WRONG? Well... ...this.
Two young men broke into the School Resource Officer’s office at a
Tennessee high school and stole an AR-15 and a tactical vest. This is a
logical outcome of allowing guns in schools....
The government demands we keep our guns and ammo locked up.
Shouldn't the government keep its guns and ammo locked up, too?
Fred would rather point out silly shit like this instead of being woke and
coming to grips with the reality that Democrats are trying to kill
everyone and transfer their posessions to illegal aliens.

He's the 4th of July firework that doesn't go off, the easter egg that
rolls under the car seat to rot, the only light on the Christmas tree that
never illuminates. Get the picture?
Ubiquitous
2019-08-11 04:07:04 UTC
[...]
And you posted this off-topic article here because?

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
Anonymous Remailer (austria)
2019-08-11 04:36:19 UTC
And you posted this off-topic article here because?
No whining on usenet.
FPP
2019-08-11 06:12:19 UTC
And you posted this off-topic article here because?
Because I can, shithead.
Just Wondering
2019-08-11 04:59:40 UTC
[...]
I am reading this from t.p.guns, where the news article absolutely
is on topic. It's your question that's off-topic here.
Union Troll
2019-08-11 06:47:03 UTC
[...]
He lost his penis and he's asking for help finding it.
FPP
2019-08-11 10:19:14 UTC
Post by Union Troll
[...]
I'll bet you were first in your class in that specialty.
Union Troll
Admission of penis loss noted.
Not_Enough_Guns
2019-08-11 04:35:21 UTC
Guns in Schools now. What could possibly go WRONG? Well...
...this.
Two young men broke into the School Resource Officer’s office at a
Tennessee high school and stole an AR-15 and a tactical vest. This is a
logical outcome of allowing guns in schools.
"Sheriff’s offices in Macon and Clay counties were searching for an
AR-15 missing from a school.
So fucking what? Nobody got shot. Did you fall off the toilet
onto your head again?
Just Wondering
2019-08-11 21:48:34 UTC
Post by Not_Enough_Guns
Post by FPP
Guns in Schools now. What could possibly go WRONG? Well...
...this.
Two young men broke into the School Resource Officer’s office at a
Tennessee high school and stole an AR-15 and a tactical vest. This
is a logical outcome of allowing guns in schools.
"Sheriff’s offices in Macon and Clay counties were searching for an
AR-15 missing from a school.
So fucking what? Nobody got shot. Did you fall off the toilet
onto your head again?
Two men broke into a library and stole some chairs. This
is a logical outcome of allowing chairs in libraries.

Two men broke into a bank and stole some pens. This is
a logical outcome of allowing pens in banks.

Two men broke into a place and stole some stuff. This is
a logical outcome of allowing stuff in places.
Not_Enough_Guns
2019-08-12 06:45:47 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Not_Enough_Guns
Post by FPP
Guns in Schools now. What could possibly go WRONG? Well...
...this.
Two young men broke into the School Resource Officer’s office at a
Tennessee high school and stole an AR-15 and a tactical vest. This
is a logical outcome of allowing guns in schools.
"Sheriff’s offices in Macon and Clay counties were searching for an
AR-15 missing from a school.
So fucking what? Nobody got shot. Did you fall off the toilet
onto your head again?
Two men broke into a library and stole some chairs. This
is a logical outcome of allowing chairs in libraries.
Had me there. Thought you was going to say they stole some
books.
Gronk
2019-08-12 04:51:22 UTC
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/12/teacher-who-accidentally-fired-gun-in-class-resigns.html

A teacher who accidentally fired a gun inside a Northern California
classroom while teaching firearm safety has resigned.

KSBW-TV reports that Dennis Alexander submitted his resignation to the
Monterey Peninsula Unified School District on March 29. It will be
effective at the end of the school year.

Police say Alexander last month was pointing the gun at the ceiling to
make sure it was not loaded when the weapon discharged. No one sustained
serious injuries.

https://www.vox.com/2018/4/12/17229486/stoneman-douglas-parkland-teacher-arrested-gun
A Parkland teacher was arrested after leaving a loaded gun in a public
bathroom

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/School-Resource-Officer-Accidentally-Fires-Weapon-Inside-School-476676103.html
Mar 13, 2018

A school resource officer accidentally fired his gun inside a middle
school in Alexandria, Virginia, during school hours on Tuesday, police
say. No one was hurt.

The officer was inside his office at George Washington Middle School in
the Del Ray neighborhood when he accidentally discharged his service
weapon about 9:10 a.m., according to Alexandria police.

The shot was fired as the officer, a five-year veteran of the Alexandria
Police Department, was sitting down in his office, police said. A
department representative declined to say whether the officer had taken
his gun out of his holster.

http://fox6now.com/2018/02/28/georgia-teacher-in-custody-after-report-of-shots-at-school/
A social studies teacher barricaded himself inside a classroom at a
Georgia high school on Wednesday and fired a handgun, sending students
running outside or hunkering down in darkened gym locker rooms,
authorities said.
FPP
2019-08-12 05:06:27 UTC
Post by Gronk
[...]
I feel safer already...
Not_Enough_Guns
2019-08-12 07:23:12 UTC
Post by Gronk
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/12/teacher-who-accidentally-fired-gun-in-class-resigns.html
A teacher who accidentally fired a gun inside a Northern California
classroom while teaching firearm safety has resigned.
Shit happens. Nobody got killed, did they?

https://www.policeone.com/mental-health/articles/482044006-
Baltimore-SRO-fatally-shoots-self-in-school-office/

Baltimore SRO fatally shoots self in school office